• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 3,680 Views, 697 Comments

A New World, A New Way: Requiem from the Lostbelt - Metroid Prime



The seeds of fantasy have descend. Now, 7 worlds fight for the right to live.

  • ...
10
 697
 3,680

Chapters Next
A New World, A New Way Book 1 Recap

Author's Note:

Please read before scrolling down

This chapter summarizes the events of Book 1 of A New World, A New Way for those who have not read it yet. It is also a refresher for those who have not read it in a long time. Specifically, Chapter 1 of Book 1 all the way to Book 2 Chapter 2

If you have read the original story and are familiar with the universe and its characters, you are free to skip this and head to the prologue.


The Island of Avalon, Inner Sea of the Planet/Reverse Side of the World


“Ah, so you’re here, good. You are probably wondering who I am. Well, let’s just say I am not someone who gives my name to just anyone. But if you must refer to me as something, then think of me as an older sibling who watches over humanity from my tower.”

“But, the story I am about to tell you today is not a story of humanity, not exclusively at least. No, the story I am about to tell you is about two worlds, both on completely different paths, and how their actions lead them to meet a third world.”

“If you have heard this story before, then you don’t have to sit here and listen to the ramblings of a very attractive mage like me. But if you are interested, sit down, grab a snack or drink and listen. This the tale of two worlds that would have never met under normal circumstances. Of a tragic god and his people, of a land of friendships harmony, and most of all, love."

“This is the story of a new world, and consequently, a new way.”


Our story begins on Earth. But not the Earth that you or I are familiar with, but a world inhabited by humans and a race of creatures known as Pokemon.

Here we meet a somewhat omnipotent god called Arceus. He has been trapped in a prison for the better part of 5,000 years or something. Or more specifically, a group of priests who served him and his three eldest children, trapped all four of them in their personal dimensions. Basically, they were given eternal house arrest. This was all because that god was a little too trigger-happy when it came to administering divine punishment upon his people. Even in this world, humans will always try and tear down and lock away that which they fear. Were they justified in this case, who knows?

Either way, without their god to keep them in check, mankind began to properly advance over the millennia, at the same time their relationship with Pokemon changed over time. While once they were close enough that no one saw the difference between the two, eventually, the Pokemon were seen as nothing more than animals, beasts of the wild and things to be ruled over.

This upset the god greatly, having to see the species that he obviously favored the most being treated like animals at worse and second-class citizens at best did not do much good for his mental well-being. And while he understood that not all humans were terrible people, he could not forgive the species as a whole, pretty understandable if you ask me.

Yes, humanity’s history has never been a pretty one, but not everything needs to be neat and clean. No matter how sullied you get, as long as you have one clean spot, a single shining star, that's more than enough.

For the longest time, Arceus never thought that he would be set free. It wasn’t until the arrival of a random unknown trainer who somehow managed to acquire all 18 elemental plates that Arceus was released from his eons-long confinement.

After assembling his Legendary Council, Arceus debated with his children on how to go forward. How to free the Pokemon, if humanity should be punished, and what to do so that the world may be set right.

Eventually, it was decided that they were going to leave Earth, abandon ship so to speak. They would take all the good and grey moral Pokemon with them, as well as any worthy humans. But at the suggestion of Cresselia, all humans would be turned into Pokemon upon arrival in the new world.

And so the great Pokemon rapture was set into motion, those who would be brought along fell into a deep sleep and would awake to find themselves in a new world to be their home, whether they wanted it or not. Earth meanwhile, without the presence of the Legendary Pokemon to keep the world in balance, would soon fall into chaos and anarchy, and eventually, die a slow messy death.

At least, that’s what everyone assumes…


Now, you would think that Arceus, being the smart god that he is, with thousands of years of wisdom and temperament would have put more thought into the idea of uprooting billions of people from their everyday lives and just dumping them into an unknown world without asking the natives it was okay?

But unfortunately for the people of Equus, and the Pokemon and former humans turned Pokemon, he did not think this through. Granted, only a few thousand people from both worlds died because of his hastiness, but that’s just a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of lives that would be surely changed forever by this world-altering event.

In the land of Equestria, which is where our main story takes place, Twilight and her friends would find and befriend a human/Pokemon couple named Gene and Belle. They would also meet notable individuals such as Kanto Cerulean Gym Leader Misty, plus Kalos Shalour City Gym Leader Korrina, and her Lucario. While both sides were confused about the situation, everyone agreed to help each other.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna who were also aware of the sudden influx of strange creatures and had met Unova regional Professor, Juniper met up with Twilight and her friends to compile notes. They eventually decided to venture into the Everfree Forest to investigate a strange occurrence. Said anomaly was the former Spear Pillar, now restored into the Hall of Legends, which was relocated to said forest. Inside they met Arceus who was waiting for them.

To say the first meeting between the ruler of a nation and the god creator of a universe was eventual would be accurate. Obviously, Celestia was not happy about a deity dumping an entire race onto a planet, which included the kingdom they ruled. But Arceus dismissed her concerns, believing that everything would work out. Or more specifically, what’s done is done, as Arceus did not have the energy the take his Pokemon back home or anywhere else.

Seeing as they were at an impasse, the native Equestrians and their new friends left. Several things happened after that, not all of which helped matters or race relations. Mewtwo was appointed ambassador to Equestria, which may or may not have been the best idea. The Order Pokemon Zygarde and the Spirit of Chaos Discord got into a fight for obvious reasons. And Princess Luna tried to destroy the Nightmare Legendary Pokemon Darkrai for also obvious reasons, although that conflict ended much better than the former.

Eventually, it was decided that a meeting between Arceus and all the leaders of each of the world’s nations would be held in 2 weeks’ time. Where it would be decided what to do with the Pokemon.

But before that would happen, our main characters got into many more situations and met many other people from the Pokemon world, not all of which were amicable.

Gene found the members of his Pokemon team in several locations. Twilight made a visit to Trottingham and experienced firsthand how some citizens of Equestria were reacting negatively to the Pokemon. Rainbow Dash briefly met Kanto Champion Red. And Pinkie Pie threw a big welcome party for their new friends.

In the city of Manehatten however, they would find and meet Unova Champion Iris and one of the biggest proponents of the law that forbade human/Pokemon romantic relationships, Pokemon Ranger Union leader and co-founder Professor Hastings. After a heated exchange of ideas and beliefs with the Professor, the group would leave the city along with Ponyville returnees Vinyl Scratch, Octavia Melody, and another former human known as Nick and his two Pokemon.

Princess Luna would mentor Darkrai in learning how to control his powers, while also getting him to come to terms with his feelings for the Lunar Legendary Pokemon Cresselia. While Celestia would parlay with Arceus and try to get him to understand that while he may be a god, he cannot just do as he pleases in this world.

Which is why when he was informed that King Sombra came back to life, instead of revoking his right to exist, he sent the Legendary Pokemon of death, Yveltal, to deal with the dark king. At least he was making progress.

Finally, the day came when all the national leaders of the world would arrive in Canterlot to discuss the obvious topic of the Pokemon and how to best deal with them. Along with trusted advisors, their entourage included Pokemon and former humans who all had their own stories to tell, but you’ll have to go seek them out yourself if you wish to know what happened in other counties around the world.

The meeting first began with Arceus explaining why he brought the Pokemon here and why he intended to stay, coupled with some visual memories of Earth. This was enough to convince most of the World Leaders to let Arceus and his Pokemon stay, but that was just the first hurdle, now came the part of legalization. As is always with these things, there were some who were against the Pokemon staying in their countries, specifically Emperor Golden Horn, ruler of the Minotaur empire, and King Faris, ruler of Saddle Arabia. But while Golden Horn remained the most outspoken, he was powerless to stop what already been decided.

During this gathering of important people, Gene and Belle’s long-awaited and long-fought wedding occurred. And while a self-centered stuck-up noble by the name of Prince Blueblood tried to crash the ceremonies, he was quickly “dealt with”. Although this pretty much cemented his hatred for the Pokemon. Don’t get me wrong, he is a selfish entitled butthole who got where he deserved, but in hindsight, his actions are not entirely without merit. After all, if Pokemon kept attacking you in your own household, you would feel slighted, wouldn’t you?

Eventually, the World Summit ended with Pokemon being ratified as citizens of Equus and its nations. Gala’s were held, laughs and tears were shed, and things looked like they were gonna be fine.


Well, for a moment it did.

Obviously of course, not everything would go smoothly for everyone. There will always be those who reject change, and people are always gonna make mistakes.

But for what reason did a Legendary Pokemon have to go mind-rape a mentally disturbed Gallade who had years of psychological trauma under his belt. Was it out of curiosity? Did he believe the Pokemon was a threat? Did he think he was a victim of mind control due to his strong mental defenses?

Whatever the reason, Mewtwo would not see any punishment for his actions. After all, it would look very bad if a Legendary Pokemon and an ambassador to Equestria was arrested for charges of mental invasion of privacy. Granted the raped Pokemon in question Luke was only left a sobbing mess afterward, but that’s obviously not enough for Arceus to properly punish a member of his family. Nope, totally not favoritism I tell you.

Anyway aside from that, another problem was brewing in Ponyville. Remember that Professor Hastings from a while ago? Yeah, turns out he went and gathered a group of like-minded individuals who still opposed the idea of Pokemon and human romantic relationships, or at least believed that Gene and Belle should still be punished for breaking the law back on Earth.

This went about as well as you expected.

Before Hasting could properly think of a plan, some of his group left to go and take matters into their own hands, while others defected. Friends would be confronted by old friends and associates, for reasons not all shared by each other. Some actively sought out their former acquaintances, while others simply ran into them and fought out of differing ideologies.

Eventually, Hasting would never get the chance to attack Ponyville, as his targets came to them. And after the old man attacked Gene after offering out a hand in peace, Belle would commit the same act that Mewtwo did.

But instead of invading Hastings mind and looking through it, she forced her own memories of all the many experiences and romances that she had seen over the course of her time in Equestria. This coupled with her own memories broke the former Ranger Leader.

Needless to say, this act was not looked upon favorably by all.

Some would say Belle did what she had to do, that the guy deserved it, how after all the suffering she and Gene endured, this was justified. Others like her friend Abby would admonish her for abusing her powers and going too far.

But that’s the thing, love can make you do crazy things. And there was no doubt Gene and Belle loved each other very much. But that didn’t mean they were flawless.

Gene, who had still not resolved things with his estranged mother, who could not allow himself to be apart from his loved one for more than a minute.

Belle, who reacted to any slight against her and her mate with physic retribution, who did not see any wrong in her actions against Hastings.

They would eventually get the mental therapy they needed, eventually, they would begin to understand that they needed to reflect on their actions and be better.

Arceus meanwhile would meet with the nameless goddess who was the architect of this world. After a brief discussion and a bit of humbling, she gave him the task of dealing with the usurper known as Tirek in exchange for more power. And because the mad centaur was killed by Arceus rather than being defeated through the (Rainbow) power of friendship, the timeline diverged dramatically.

Aside from that, months later, Twilight and her friends would eventually investigate a town run by a unicorn who wanted to equalized everypony by removing their Cutie Marks. And since that problem was solved much faster than it would have, with Starlight Glimmer being arrested rather than reformed, the timeline once again strayed away from its intended route.

And that’s where our story ends. At least officially.

Many things were left unresolved. Things that could have been addressed.

Prince Blueblood was gathering a group of schemers who wanted to get rid of every Pokemon.

A revival of Team Magma was occurring in the north, with the help of a former student of Princess Celestia.

In another country, a civil war was raging, and a dark priestess with a thirst for blood was planning to use the conflict to fuel the revival of her god.

Queen Chrysalis, who failed in her invasion of Canterlot was not planning on repenting.

The Phantom Theif Fox and the Cop who was destined to always chase her was still at large.

And just how would Arceus come to fully adjust to no longer being a supreme god with complete authority over the world?

Well then my listeners, I will leave you with this.

Just as one story ends, another begins.

Maybe this was not the branch it was meant to go down, maybe something like this could have been done differently.

But the cosmos will always have the bad habit of trying to reach the end, to fill the void left behind with something...anything...

Chapters Next