• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 697 Views, 2 Comments

Fancy Pants and Anon - dsmenastoner

  • ...
4
 2
 697

Drinking

"This came in the mail today addressed specifically for you, Master." Silver Tray held out the envelope in his mouth. Fancy Pants took it in his magic to observe, upon its appearance there was only two things he took notice. The envelope was in a light shade of pink and his name was written in cursive. It only made him hitch, making him hesitate on opening it.

Noticing his master in distress, Silver Tray had stepped forward to take the envelope back. His eyes widened when realized why. There was a faint whiff of perfume coming from it. He recognized that smell and he was certain Fancy did as well. He only knew of one mare that donned that scent, Fleur de Lis. A pass lover of the Masters and the one he had the most heartbreak over. Silver remembered back to the days when Fancy wouldn't leave his study after coming home. spending the rest of his night drinking them away. The next day of finding him sleeping at his desk with emptied bottles and unfinished glasses. It took work from the rest of his servants to get him out of that slump to his usual self. That was a month of work that was going to be ruined by this one letter. If only..

You walked down the steps to see Fancy at the front door. But also, Silver Tray's eyes pleading for you to approach them.

You rushed over, "What's going on?"

Silver Tray pushed the envelope into your hands. "The Master received a letter, do read it for him." You gazed over at Fancy, he was slightly shaking yet kept himself calm. You kept your eye on him as you opened up the parchment, then broke away when you read over the letter out loud.

"My Dearest Fancy.

It has been a while, non? I hope you are doing well. I wanted to personally invite you and a plus one to my dinner party next week. I hope to see you there, I've been wanting to catch up with you. I'll be saving a seat for you and your lovely guest.

Affectueusement, Fleur."

You heard an audible gulp come from the white stallion. This made you turn your head, you saw that he dropped his gentle face into panic. He looked as if he wanted to run or hide away from his situation, you couldn't blame him for that. Before he could step back, you held out your hand for him. He nervousness eased, taking a minute to compose himself then placing his hoof into your palm. He heaved a sigh, "You don't have to go." You told him as you rubbed your thumb on the top of his hoof affectionately.

"I do. Would be very rude of me if I didn't do so. She knows I don't turn down invitations as well, so if I didn't appear she'd think less of me. She thinks enough of that from me either way." Fancy muttered out last sentence, cowering his gaze to the floor.

"Then, I'll be going with you. It's the only way you'll be able to get through that party." That made the stallion smile to himself.

"You already do enough for me, Anon. This is something I can't count on you to deal with." You shook your head at that, "No. I'm going with you and that's final, I'm not going to listen to your protests to this."

Your heart melted at the next thing Fancy did, he looked up at you with a tear peeking at the corner of his eye and his smile becoming wider at your words. "Thank you," he hushed out. He took his hoof out of your hand to dry away the tear.

"Was there anything else in the letter regarding any details?" He asked. You peered at the small text at the bottom. "It's an all white private dinner party around 7."

He tsked at that, "Of course it would be. She couldn't get enough of them.. I need a drink."

With that, Silver Tray went off to the kitchen. "I suggest sitting down before doing so." You stated as you lead the stallion up the stairs, resting your hand on his back. He followed, then sat beside you on the black velvet loveseat. You leaned back against it, Fancy took the opportunity to sprawl himself across your thighs, resting his front hooves crossed under his chin.

You brushed your hand onto his clothed back. He relaxed under your touch and shutting his eyes.

As you pet him, you thought about what he talked about Fleur.. or you should say, drunken rambled. He never liked to discuss her in a sober manner, it was feelings he didn't want to show in a healthy way. From what you recall, she left him for a younger stallion and a bit higher on the social class. Fleur only wanted someone good for her image, not to mention wealth from what you understood. You didn't know if it was the truth though coming from Fancy, you wouldn't fully doubt it. Ponies were cruel when it came to the high society of Canterlot, doing things just to get higher up on the food chain and above others.

At least, that's how you remember Rarity describing it. In fact, you thought about her talking about Fancy Pants at some point. She detailed him as 'different' from all the wealthy ponies she met in Canterlot, it was as though he accepted and saw everypony as equal to him even if they differed in status.

Another thing was that how she saw Fleur and Fancy as inseparable until the breakup became public. Rarity was in Canterlot as the news broke out and it was all anypony was gossiping about, you weren't surprised by that. The news would be scandalous if you caught your marefriend with a younger stallion. This made you look down at the peaceful unicorn with somber eyes, you felt your heat pang for him going through that alone. He doesn't gave to anymore with you around but you did wish he was transparent about his feelings, to know he doesn't have to hide it from you. It hurt to see him bottle them up just to put up his disingenuous mask he used in public.

Fancy sat up when he heard Silver Tray trot in with a tray on his back. He set it down, a glass of ice and a bottle of bourbon settled onto the coffee table before he placed the tray back.

"Thank you, Silver." Fancy said as he sent him away. He unscrewed the cap and poured the whiskey into the glass, bringing the drink to his lips with his magic.

"You'll be having only that drink tonight." You said directly. He glanced at you with a side eye, arching his brow then pulling away. "How come?"

"Because I don't enjoy watching you drink yourself to death, Fancy." You half joked. "Plus you have work in the morning."

He paused. Turning his head to look at you fully, "Is this because you're worried? I'm not going to turn into an alcoholic, you know. It's just that.."

"You don't know when to stop, you become unlike yourself and start spewing crap you'd regret saying if you were sober. Goddess damn it's not only that, you can't even show your true feelings without your true feelings without liquor in your hoof." You huffed out through gritted teeth. You didn't mean to get this aggravated with your words, but you were just tired of seeing this same process happen over and over again.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sick, alright?" You said with your hands crossed and shoulder tensed up.

There was silence, but during it you didn't dare look at him. You only heard the cap being screwed back onto the bottle and the glass being set down on the coffee table.

"That's enough for me." You saw that the drink wasn't even halfway gone. That one sip was all that he took. You looked back at him, he only stared at you with regret on his face, "and I should be the one that's sorry. For my habit, I should have thought about how it was making you feel. I know it wasn't well for me to show how I truly felt with a crutch."

He placed his hoof on your shoulder and you settled down. "I was being inconsiderate and a coward. I appreciate that you were the one to tell me that."

You uncrossed your arms, Fancy moved closer to wrap his own around your chest then rested his chin on your shoulder. You embraced his warmth, holding him tighter against you. You looked at the light of Luna's moon glowing in the room, basking yourselves in it before saying, "I think it's time for your rest."

You slowly rose up from loveseat, he moved his arms up to around your shoulder and held on tight. You shifted your arms under his flank for support. You carried Fancy all the way to his room, laying him carefully onto his bed and he rested tired eyes. As you were about to leave, you felt his magic tug at your sleeve. You looked down at his half lidded
eyes, "stay with me tonight, please."

You obliged, laying next to the stallion, he shifted closer to your chest and nuzzled up your neck. You pulled up the sheets over your bodies and rested your arm around him. You felt him kiss just under your chin then heard him utter out, "I love you."

Fancy rested himself to slumber.