• Published 20th Aug 2020
  • 4,704 Views, 32 Comments

A Tale of a Loving Sister: Better Together Short Stories - Volume I - GoebelTron



Join the Equestria Girls as they share some bonding of friendship and family with their little brother best friend, Chase Tucker.

  • ...
3
 32
 4,704

Bedtime Story Fantasia

At Fluttershy’s home, Sunset arrived and Fluttershy let Chase and Sam Sam inside to unpack their stuff, “Thanks for volunteering to help me watch over the kids, Fluttershy. I really appreciate it.”

Fluttershy giggled, “Oh, it was nothing, Sunset. I just love watching over children as much as I love watching over the animals here.” Sunset then rolled her eyes and then left.

When Sunset left, Fluttershy made Chase and Sam Sam some hot cocoa with a small plate full of chocolate chip cookies. When the kids took their cocoa and shared the cookies, Fluttershy then read her book. Suddenly, she found out that it was almost bedtime, so she decided to give them their nighttime bath, until she waited for them to get changed and brush their teeth. When Fluttershy opened the door in the bathroom, Chase and Sam Sam were ready, but they accidentally leaned on Fluttershy’s legs, so Fluttershy carried them to the guest room and the kids got under the covers.

“Fluttershy?” Sam Sam asked. “Yes, Samuel?” Fluttershy asked. “Could you read us a bedtime story?” Chase asked. “Yes,” Fluttershy said. She walked over and sat on the bed near their little feet tucked under the warm blankets, “How about if I tell you one instead?” Chase and Sam Sam nodded, then Fluttershy began, “Don’t worry. This is a good one. Once upon a time, somewhere far, far away...”

There was a small boy named Bowen, and he was so poor and he had no family and was unappreciated by most people, and he las little bit of money to buy food and survive.

After he came back to his hideout and found no food left for dinner, he sat on his little basket bed and wallowed in self pity, but suddenly he saw a couple of guards that were escorting the lovely and empathetic Princess Sunset Shimmer of Canterlot. Bowen suddenly started to back away, until the princess saw how lonely he was. She halted the carriage for a moment and walked over to the small boy. ‘Young man, do you live here by yourself?’ Bowen nodded. The princess suddenly felt sorry for the boy, so she kneeled down and gave him a scroll, inviting him to the annual royal gala, and she gave him a small bag full of gold coins for clothes. Bowen hugged the princess, the she gave him a kiss on the forehead and left to explore the rest of the village.

When Bowen woke up and bought a small loaf of bread for 3 bits, he read the scroll about the princess’s gala tonight and went over to the tailor for formal clothing, then he came out with his new attire. He wore a navy blue tunic with a black vest, black pants and black boots. He paid 6 gold coins for it, then he went over to the castle to meet up with the princess. When he stopped at the gate, he showed his scroll to the guards, then they let him enter. When Bowen went through the door, he saw a lot of delegates dancing with their bachelorettes.

Bowen went up to a guard and asked him, ‘Sir? Where’s the princess?’ The guard pointed to the throne and then took him over. ‘Princess Sunset, there’s somebody here to see you.’ The guard revealed Bowen in his formal clothing, then he went over to the princess and sat with her. He was given some turkey, a bread roll, a baked potato, grapes and root beer. Princess Sunset and her friends suddenly realized that Bowen was really hungry, but when he was done, he fell asleep after he wiped his face and hands with a napkin.

‘Aww, I was gonna take him for some dancing.’ Princess Sunset stood up and then held him, until she finally danced with Bowen in her arms. Suddenly, Bowen woke up and found out that he was dancing with the princess, but suddenly, she decided to take him outside and did a little walk around the garden.

‘Thanks for inviting me, Princess Sunset. But why did you?’

‘Because I saw the sadness inside your eyes, and the loneliness inside your heart. I decided to give you a chance to be presented to my kingdom, so I thought about bringing you here.’

‘I really appreciate that.’

‘And since you don’t have a family and are homeless... would you like to live here in the castle with me? I promise to take care of you.’

‘Really?!’ The princess nodded, then Bowen hugged her shoulders and gently buried his face on her neck. ‘Thank you, Princess Sunset!’

‘It’s a pleasure, Bowen. If you want, I could also be your sister.’ Bowen then felt tears in his eyes and then they hugged each other until they went back to the party and danced for a little while.

The next day, Princess Sunset made an announcement to her people and then presented Bowen to the people. ‘My fellow citizens, today is a special day for me. I’ve made a small decision to legally... place this young peasant under thy protection and share the love and care he truly deserves! Bowen of Canterlot, welcome home, little brother.’ The people applauded for the princess’s speech, then Bowen ran up to the princess and she hugged him, then she placed him on her lap. ‘And as a reward, we will celebrate with another royal gala and a feast for his honorary welcome to my family.’

When Bowen was welcomed by the princess, she signed the adoption form and then Bowen moved into the castle and then he was glad the princess had some empathy that helped soothe his heart. He was happy with his new life, and he lived happily ever after.

“The end,” Fluttershy said. When Fluttershy was finished, she saw Chase and Sam Sam heavily keeping their eyes open. “That was some story,” Chase said. “That Bowen kinda sounded like me.”

“I know. I just wanted to make up this story so that it reminds you how much we all love you, sweetheart,” Fluttershy said, then Chase and Sam Sam closed their eyes and fell asleep. Fluttershy stood up and tucked the boys underneath the blanket, then leaned forward to give them some kisses. “Sweet dreams, little ones,” she softly said, until she turned of the light and left the room with the nightlight on and the door halfway closed.