• Published 9th Aug 2020
  • 1,832 Views, 32 Comments

My Little Midway - Kitsune_Kenshi



Twilight Sparkle friends found themselves on board of an American aircraft carrier during the Battle of Midway.

  • ...
9
 32
 1,832

Welcome to the Pacific

JUNE 6, 1942, NEAR MIDWAY
COMMANDER DICK BEST

"What the hell are you guys?" Dick muttered. Suddenly, he saw a Japanese warplane flew towards him, guns flickering. To to to to to!!!!Pom! Pom! Pom! Pom! The 7.7mm machine gun and the 20mm gun begin to burst at the SBD.

"Shit! Zero!" Dick cursed as he shifted his palace to dodge the incoming fire, "Dude! Shoot that bitch!" he yelled to the rear gunner.

The rear gunner did not waste a second, he loaded up the twin browning gun and fired at the incoming Zero. Dadadadadada!!! The twin 30 cal begin to roar. The Japanese fighter was a good one too, it keep shifting positions to avoid the bullets.

Clang! Cling! Clang! The bulltes hit the SBD's side, but due to the armor protection, the 7.7mm bullet left only a few holes, but that did scared the hell outta Dick.

"Hey bud!" he yelled, "You wanna hold still!"

"DICK!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU-----WHOOA!" The rear gunner's question was cut short when Dick suddenly lifted the nose of the plane up. He increased the air speed into max.

"I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!!" The rear gunner cried.

The Japanese Zero was finally running out of air speed due to the vertical chase and shifting positions. Dick saw the Japanese fighter goes down, he immediately lowered the air speed, allowing the SBD's nose tiled towards the Zero. Once he lined up the Zero, Dick immediately pressed the trigger. The two 50. cal in the nose of the SBD bursted. The 12.7 BMG easily pierced through the thin wings of the Japanese Zero. He increased his air speed again to avoid falling.

BOOM!!!!

The Zero erupted into flames, killing the pilot instantly.

"WHOO!" The rear gunner cried, "Man that was crazy!"

"I can do more than that." Dick smirked.

"No thanks!"

(~)

TWILIGHT'S POV (Third Person)

Twilight was shocked to see a metal bird flying their way, but what;s more shocked was before it happened...

Twilight and her friends was in the room, boring out. Suddenly, she heard explosions outside of the ship. Thunder? She thought, but next thing she saw cancelled this thought.

A white metal bird with a red circle marking on its tail zoomed by their air ship.

"What the hay is that?" Capper asked, "The storm is a no fly zone for any pony, and griffs."

"We should go check it out." Twilight suggested, she ran out of the door, everyone else followed her.

The moment they walked out, the group of friends were shocked. There was many metal birds flying around many ships. Loud explosions and noises were heard. Suddenly, they saw a metal bird dive towards a giant ship with a red circle marking on it, then it flew away. A second later, BOOOM!!!! AN explosion torn the ship in half.

Even Tempest, the ex-commander, was too, shocked. This isn't anything she saw before.

Suddenly, a blue metal bird approached them. As it got closer, the friends saw what it appeared to be a window. One on the front and one on the back. There are two figures in it. Two black tubes were expanded from the back window. Twilight looked at the front window, the creature in the window also looked at him. A shocked expression on both of their faces.

It yelled something, but due to the explosions, she couldn't hear them.

Suddenly, the white metal bird she saw earlier appeared behind the blue one and begin to spit fires at it. No, not fire. Because Twilight heard metal clanging. Some kind of ranged weapon, Twilight thought. The blue metal bird suddenly flew upward, the white one followed. But a moment later, she saw the white bird fell, and the blue one suddenly jerked its head towards the white bird and fired.

Next thing she knew was that the white bird exploded.

"WHOA!!!" Skystar exclaimed, "That was AWESOME!!!"

The blue metal bird then flew around them, it seemed like it was checking them.

(~)

COMMANDER DICK BEST'S POV (Third Person)

"So what are we gonna do about it?" The rear gunner asked.

"Well I can't leave them here to get screwed by the Japs," Dick said, "we should bring them onboard Enterprise."

"What?!" the rear gunner frowned, "You wanna bring these...creatures aboard?"

"That's the safest choice!" Dick demanded, "Who know what the hell are the Japs are gonna do to them, they'll become test subjects in their lab! Or maybe killed! Can't just leave them like this to rot!"

"Fine." the rear gunner sighed, "But if the Commander gets pissed, not my fault."

Dick then lowered the plane's attitude, he flew next to the airship, close enough for him to talk and hear them.

"Hey! You there!" He shout to the bird one with a pirate hat on, "Follow me!"

He then flew towards the Enterprise.

(~)

CAPTAIN CELEANO'S POV (Third Person)

"Did that thing just talked?!" Capper asked.

"He said to follow him." Twilight said, "Should we?"

"I don't know, but we shouldn't trust strangers." Tempest said.

"Well check the surroundings," Celeano sighed. "We either get blow up by those... flying machines, or we can follow that creature like we've been told to; he seemed friendly."

"Plus he just saved us from that white bird with red marking on it!" Skystar agreed.

"Well then, let's follow it." Celeano said as she changed course and followed the blue flying machine.

(~)

COMMANDER DICK BEST'S POV (Third Person)

"Can't believe that actually worked!" the rear gunner exclaimed, "They're on our tail!"

Dick lowered his air speed and preparing to land. But he turned and saw AA guns were pointed towards the airship, his eyes widened.

"This is Commander Dick Best speaking!" he called the radio, "Hold your fire! That's not Japs!"

To his relief, the AA guns did not fire.

He landed the SBD onto the bow of the carrier. The hook was blocked by the wires, which stopped the SBD from going forward. It put an immediate stopped to the plane.

The airship slowly approached the carrier.

"What the hell is that?" one of the soldiers asked.

"Is it japs in disguise?"

"Should we shoot it down?"

"Holy Cow!"

"Clear the bow! Clear the bow!" Dick yelled. He turned and faced an admiral, "What the fuck is this?" he asked.

"They're no enemy, I found them from the storm cloud." Dick explained, "They're attacked by the Japs, I shot the Japanese down, and incase they get shot down by the Japs, I took them in."

"Keep an eye on these...holy shit!" he gasped as he saw the airship landed, a purple horse with a wing and a horn waled towards him. "What the fucking hell?" he stared at the purple horse.

"Hello, my name is Princess Twilight Sparkle," it said, "and we're here to---"

The admiral fainted.

"Oh boy..." Dick face-palmed himself, "There's gonna be a lot of explaining to do..."

(~)

Dick took the creatures into his room, along side with his buddy Wade McClusky.

"Hey Dick, how's your---" he saw the creature, "WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE?!"

"Easy, Wade, they're friends. They don't bite." Dick sighed. He looked at the purple horse, "You said your name is... Twilight, is it?"

"Yes, I'm Twilight Sparkle, these are my friends: Celeano, Capper, Tempest, and Skystar." the purple horse said. Shocking Wade even more.

"They...they talked!" he turned to Dick, "Mind explaining?"

"I found them on their airship coming out of the storm," Dick said, "They were attacked by the Japs, so I helped them got here."

After a few minutes of explaining, Wadfe finally calmed down and began to talk to them. The purple one said that they came from a land called Equestria, which both Dick and Wade had no idea where. Then she explained about how their world uses magic to do stuff, which confused Wade even more.

"Magic?" he said, "These things doesn't exist in this world."

"What?!" Twilight exclaimed, "Then...how did you guys do stuff?"

"Simple, we use our brains," Dick explained, "we invents stuff that helped our life more easier. But In the meantime, we also do stupid things like starting this war----"

"Wait your world's at war?" Twilight gasped.

"Unfortunately yes."

"But why would you want war?" She asked.

"We don't want it too, but the Japs attacked us first." Wade said.

"Japs?"

"The Japanese, the ones that started the Pacific Warfare." Dick explained, "They attacked our Pearl Harbor a year ago and killed a lot of our men. Our president took that as a challenge and declared war on the Japs. They're behind this whole shit. Along with their allies; Italy and Germany."

Dick spend 5 minutes teaching history while Wade just rolled his eyes, bored.

"And so, We decided to charge them at Midway, which is here." Dick finished.

"Uh.. Mr. Dick?" Celeano asked, "What are those... flying machines you're in earlier?"

"Those are called planes; to be specific, warplanes. These you saw were SBD Dauntless Dive-Bombers. They carry bombs to attack the Aircraft carriers and warships. They're armed weapons called guns. Two M2 Browining; or we call it 50 cals and the two 30 cals in its rear. They're built for dogfights and bombings."

"What's an aircraft carrier?" Tempest asked.

"They're large warships that has small and short runways on them for planes to take off and land on. We're on one right now; the USS Enterprise." Dick said.

"Cool name." Capper said.

They're about to talk more before an alarm went off. Dick and Wade immediately got off their beds and put on their gears.

"What's happening?" Twilight asked.

"The Japs are attacking!" Wade shouted, "That's what's happening!"

"Alright, you guys sit in here." Dick said before leaving.

"No, we want to help." Twilight said.

"How? There's AA guns and Zeros all over the place!" Dick said, "Especially these explosions, they send shards towards every direction, it can kill those who flies instantly. Well, without armor."

"You could take us in in your....planes." Tempest said, "plus, you saved our lives before, now's time for us to help you."

Dick was about to argue when he heard Wade yelling, "Hurry up! The admiral got orders!"

Dick sighed, "Fine, you can come, but don't stick your bodies outside the plane, especially you." he said, pointing at Skystar, "I know you're curious, but this is a war. No joke."

Skystar nodded. Dick then tossed them caps. "Follow me."

(~)

"Are you sure you wanna bring them along?" the admiral asked, "They're not prepared."

"You'll see how powerful they can be." Dick said, "They can help. But I'll keep my eyes on them, sir."

"You better be, and don't let the Japs touch them." he warned, "God knows what happens."

"You have my words sir." Dick said, saluted.

After a few minutes and preparations and explaining, the creatures were ready to go. Due to Twilight and Tempest's sizes, they can fit through one plane. Skystar is with Wade, Capper and Celeano were flying their own, which the admiral disagrees, but Celeano said that she flies an airship, and she knows how flying machine works, plus Dick just taught her the basics. Capper was the rear gunner, after a few minutes of explaining, he can use a gun.

"Commander Dick of the Bombing Squadron Six, you're clear for take off." the control tower spoke through the radio.

They started the engine, to Dick's surprise, Celeano actually had no problem starting it. She did flied an airship after all, just need some few more lessons and she'll be fine on her own.

"Alright everyone," Dick spoke through the radio, "Get ready for battle. Welcome to the Pacific."