• Published 10th Aug 2020
  • 318 Views, 6 Comments

The Equestrian Time Lord - Knox Locke



A magical mishap made him into something called a Time Lord. He's gone on many adventures through time and space, and traveled with many companions. They used to call him Time Turner. Now he's just the Doctor.

  • ...
 6
 318

The Beginning Before The Beginning, Part 2

After the completion of their meal, Ditzy had seemed insistent on showing the Doctor the way to the local library, which she claimed was named the Golden Folks Library. They were trotting through Ponyville towards the library when the Doctor spotted something in the distance.

He grabbed Ditzy by the tail and dragged her around the corner of a nearby house. He held her against the wall with an outstretched hoof across her torso. As if on cue, the pegasus-drawn chariot landed in the town, almost exactly where the Doctor had been.

"What are you doing, Doc?" Ditzy asked, confused by her state of being pinned to a wall.

"Shush!" hissed the Doctor. "We can't let her know we're here."

"Who can't know we're here?"

Off the chariot stepped a purple unicorn and a baby dragon. They thanked the pegasi that had flown them here, perfectly unaware that both of them would one day be able to fly themselves. The Doctor couldn't hear their discussion as they walked down the street. They passed the building Ditzy and the Doctor were hiding behind, but the Doctor put a hoof over her mouth to keep them from being noticed. Eventually, he saw a pink earth pony with a big, poofy mane approaching the unicorn and the dragon.

One of the most emphatic gasps of shock the Doctor had ever heard emanated from the pink mare, and she zoomed past the hidden pair as she left to go plan a fateful welcoming party. Twilight Sparkle and her assistant Spike continued their walk down the road, most likely heading towards the farmland the Doctor could just barely make out in that direction. His best guess would be that the farm was Sweet Apple Acres.

As Twilight and Spike left their view, the Doctor released Ditzy from the wall.

"Who was that, Doc?" she asked upon getting her bearings.

"Spoilers," the Doctor stated.

Ditzy once again cocked her head to the side, wondering how that information could possibly be a spoiler.

"Doctor?" said a voice from above them. Looking up, the Doctor locked eyes with a pink mare who was currently staring down at them from the roof of the building.

"Dear Celestia, not again." the Doctor grumbled before summoning a thin smile and feigned cheery tone. "Pinkie Pie! Don't you have a party to plan?"

"A party?" the pink energy ball replied. "I don't think so. I've just gotta bake a "Welcome To Ponyville" cake for that unicorn you were watching me meet."

"You knew we were watching you?" Ditzy chimed in. "How?"

"It's Pinkie Pie, Ditzy," the Doctor said. "Don't question it."

"So, what's this you were saying about a party?" Pinkie asked with a broad smile.

"Well, um," the Doctor stumbled over his words slightly. "It's been a while since there's been a new arrival here, yes?"

Pinkie seemed to be counting with her hooves, and the Doctor hardly reacted at all when the count exceeded four. After a moment, she nodded in the affirmative.

"So why not go all out?" the Doctor continued. "She's new in town, so she probably needs to make some friends. What better way than with a..."

"Welcoming party!" Pinkie exclaimed, cutting him off. "Ooh, this is going to be so FUN!"

She disappeared from view for a moment only to somehow grab the Doctor from behind and pull him into a hug.

"Thanks, Doc!" she said.

Ditzy looked at Pinkie, bewildered, before looking up at the roof where she'd been moments before. Then, her attention went back to the logic-defying earth pony. This action was repeated several times before Pinkie finally left the pair on their own.

"It was great seeing you! Try to make it to the party!" she called out as she zoomed off into the town. She seemed to be heading the same direction as Sugarcube Corner.

The rest of the trip to the library passed without incident. As they approached the tree-turned-building, the Doctor was in awe of its natural beauty. The sign near the door, contrary to what Ditzy had said, was labelled Golden Oak Library. Once they were inside, it didn't take long to find the book the Doctor was looking for: "The Elements Of Harmony: A Reference Guide."

A cursory search of the book's contents allowed him to learn that the Elements' last known location was the old Castle of the Two Sisters, deep within the Everfree Forest. Armed with this knowledge, he prepared to leave the library. As he reached for the door handle, the door opened from the other side.

"OH, hey Doc!" Pinkie Pie greeted them. "A little early for the party, aren't you?"

"Actually, we were just doing a bit of research," the Doctor explained. "If we have time tonight, we'll be sure to stop by your party."

"Okie dokie low-key!" Pinkie beamed.

As they left Pinkie in the library, the Doctor suddenly had a thought. Perhaps he should make sure they'll find that same book in time. I mean, how embarrassing would it be if he'd saved the Elements only for them to never be found?

"Pinkie," he said, catching the party pony's attention immediately. "If you're ever searching for a book in here, just remember this. It's under 'E'."

"Got it, Doc!" she yelled over her shoulder before returning to her decorating.

With that, the Doctor left the Golden Oak Library and began his trek to the Everfree Forest.

"Ms. Ditzy," he said to the mare that was still following him. "I'm not lost anymore. You can go about your day."

"Why would I do that, Doc?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Why wouldn't you?" the Doctor countered.

"Because, silly," she said, beginning to laugh, "I want to help you! Duh!"

The Doctor thought this over for a moment before breaking out into a grin.

"Very well then," he said, continuing towards the forest. "Allons-y!"