• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 960 Views, 13 Comments

Secrets Hidden and Told - My Rainbow Dash



Rainbow Dash has been hiding a big secret from her non-biological sister and is scared to tell her the truth.

  • ...
4
 13
 960

Chapter 4: A Mother and Daughter Reunion

It's been a month since the incident happened and Dash had locked herself in her house and hadn't left since her daughter had yelled at her. The depression made her not eat a single bite of food for the past month. When she looked at herself in the mirror, she noticed a few things about herself. Her coat and wings had turned from their original cyan blue to a light gray. Her mane, once a beautiful rainbow, now black and completely out of place. Her irises faded to nearly a light gray with tear stains on her cheeks. She had deep bags under her eyes. Her body was thinner except for swelling in her lower abdomen. She also felt weaker. She slowly walked over and lied down on her bed. She had let her horn remain shown because she didn't have the strength to cover it. The remaining amount of magic she had was to magically feed the foals that had been growing inside her. She knew it was bad for her to do this to herself, but she didn't have the strength to do much. Her eyes filled with tears, but she didn't have the strength to cry. Her eyelids became heavy and she left her body to shut her down. She knew she wasn't going to survive and there was only one way to heal her. To have the one heal her with their apologies. Scootaloo wasn't going to apologize for her actions anytime soon. She just knew it.

~/\~

The past month had been hard for Scootaloo. She found out her idol was her mother. She yelled at her, slapped her across her face, told her she hated her, and much more. She had to make it up to her mother. But how? She was a pegasus who couldn't fly, so there was no way could get up to the manor. Then it hit her. She could ask Twilight if she could teleport her to her mom's house. She would most likely have to do it after school and go directly there. Scootaloo sighed and waited for school to be over.

About half an hour later, school was over and Scootaloo ran over to Twilight's castle. She knocked on the door and soon Spike answered it.

"Hey, Scootaloo. How are you?"

"I'm good. Is Twilight here? I need to ask her about something." Scootaloo explained. Spike nodded and lead her to where the violet princess was studying.

"Hey, Twilight," Spike said while poking her shoulder. The alicorn turned to face her assistant.

"Oh, hey Spike. What can I do for you?"

"It's not me who needs your help, Twi. It's Scootaloo who wants to talk to you." The young dragon stepped aside so the young pegasus could walk up to the princess.

"Hey, Scootaloo. What can I do for you?" Scootaloo was hesitant.

"Well you know I can't fly, I was wondering if you could teleport me to Rainbow Dash's place. I need to talk to her about something important. Can you do that?" Twilight's smile faded, but then it reappeared.

"Alright." She nodded. "But to teleport you, I'm gonna have to have to teleport the both of us." Scootaloo nodded. Twilight's horn glowed and the two of them disappeared in a blink of an eye and reappeared on a giant cloud manor. Scootaloo turned to the house, then back to the princess.

"Thanks, Twilight." The violet princess nodded and teleported herself back to her castle. Scootaloo sighed and turned back to the house. Knowing she could either knock on the door or walk right through the cloud, she decided to walk through the cloud. Then she ran up the stairs to the room of the rainbow-haired mare. Scootaloo tried at the knob and found it unlocked. She opened the door and gasped at what she saw. Lying on her bed, was her mother. But then she noticed everything else wrong with her. Scootaloo's eyes widened and she jumped on the bed so she was sitting next to her mother.

"Mommy?" She whispered as she touched her mother's cheek softly. She felt the wetness and realized that her mother had been crying. Scootaloo's tears finally fell from her eyes and she sobbed into her mother's chest, soaking it with her tears. "I'm so sorry, Mommy. I'm so so sorry. I did this to you. You deserve better than this." She hugged her mother tightly as she continued crying. She didn't notice her body being lifted from the breaths her mother took. That's when the magic started happening. Rainbow's colors started back. Her mane and tail retrieved their rainbows in them. Her coat and wings returned to their original cyan blue color. All the strength she had lost came back so she could move. She slowly opened her magenta eyes and smiled. Rainbow slowly wrapped her arms around her daughter and pulled her close. She gave Scootaloo a small kiss on her forehead and hugged her. When Scootaloo felt the hug and kiss she looked up to see her mom smiling at her. Fresh tears filled her eyes. They weren't tears of sadness though. They were tears of joy. She hugged her mother.

"Mommy!" She cried.

"My beautiful baby. I'm so happy to see you again. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. It was wrong of me to do that." They released the hug.

"I'm sorry too. It was wrong of me to hit and yell at you. I went too far. I don't know why I'm your daughter." Scootaloo looked away. She felt a hoof on her chin and her head being turned.

"Baby, look at me. We all make mistakes. We both did. But we learn from them. It's what and we go through. If it were right to say, we both are at fault here. We even now?" Scootaloo looked at the rainbow-haired mare's eyes and nodded. She hurried her muzzle deep in her mother's chest and hugged her. It took Rainbow by surprise but she returned it. Then something but Scootaloo and she broke herself from her mom. She looked at her mom's head to see a horn. Scootaloo blinked in confusion.

"Mom, when did you grow a horn?" Rainbow chuckled.

"I was born with it but Princess Celestia had it covered ever since I was a foal. My parents agreed with it and as soon as I found out what I really was, which was a few years ago, I found it hard to believe. Though there is a reason for it. Many, many years ago, thousands of years ago, the pegasi were lead by a king. I don't remember what his name was, but he was the ruler of the pegasi and king of Cloudsdale. Somehow, that title rolled through different bloodlines, but after that king died, everypony forgot about it. Then other pegasi with high power took over but they never had the highest rule of that king. Apparently, that king's blood ended up flowing in my family, and when my mom gave birth to me, I was given the title. The ruler of the pegasi and the queen of Cloudsdale. I couldn't believe it, but now, I feel like I have a higher filling class than the other Princesses."

"Why's that, Mom?" Scootaloo asked.

"Because a Queen's ranking is higher than a princess'. But knowing that you're my daughter, me being queen makes you..." Scootaloo's eyes widened.

"You mean… I'm a princess?" Rainbow nodded.

"But you're gonna be treated differently from the other princesses because I'm your mom. For now, though, do you think the two of us can catch up on some mother-daughter time?" Scootaloo nodded her head vigorously.

"Know I shouldn't do it but, I think I wanna hang out with you more than finding my Cutie Mark right now. Do you think that after school you and I can play and be with each other for the next week?" Scootaloo leaned in close to her mother who laughed.

"Of course we can, peanut. Of course, we can. Oh, that does remind me." Rainbow placed her horn on her daughter's forehead and closed her eyes. A magical aurora surrounded her horn and Scootaloo. A tingling feeling filled Scootaloo's body and after a minute, Rainbow removed her horn from her daughter's forehead and smiled. "I want you to try something for me, okay?" Scootaloo slowly nodded. " Alright. So you know how you always buzz your wings, right?" The filly nodded. "Okay. So instead of that, I want you to make small movements with your wings. Move your wings up, then bring them down. Slowly up, then down. Up then down. Easy pattern." While her mother was instructing her, Scootaloo followed the pattern she was given. Slowly moving her wings up, then down. Up, then down. Up, down. Up, down. Scootaloo didn't notice at first, but then she realized that she was slowly lifting herself off the cloud bed. She kept the momentum and smiled at her mom. Rainbow smiled back. Scootaloo continued following the pattern and landed back on the bed. She ran into her mother's arms.

"You helped me fly?" Rainbow nodded.

"I gave you a boost. It was you believing in yourself that you could do it. It's focusing on what you want to do and believe that you can. Keep putting yourself down and saying you can't get you anywhere. You need to have faith in yourself. As well as confidence. Instead of buzzing your wings, you flapped them. Seeing you happy makes me happy. All I need is you. I love you, Scootaloo. With all of my heart." Scootaloo's heart swelled with joy.

"I love you too, Mommy." They stayed in each other's embrace before Scootaloo began to feel tired. She let out a small yawn. Her eyelids began to droop and she fell asleep in her mother's arms. Rainbow Dash smiled. She finally had her baby back in her arms. That's when it hit her. She carefully laid Scootaloo down on the bed and covered her with the blanket. Dash walked to the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar that she had stored away for some particular reason. Finally having food in her belly made her feel slightly different. Holding off on eating for a whole month then starting again. Her body was going to need to get used to eating again. She herself would too.

She finished the granola bar and walked back up to her room. Finally having her daughter back made her smile. Then it faded.

"I'm gonna need to fix those adoption papers and have her reunited with me again. I just need to talk to Ms. Lily about it." She looked down at her two-month swollen belly and put a hoof to it and smiled. "You guys are gonna love this world."

Author's Note:

Chapter four already done. Wow.