• Published 25th Jul 2020
  • 947 Views, 13 Comments

Secrets Hidden and Told - My Rainbow Dash



Rainbow Dash has been hiding a big secret from her non-biological sister and is scared to tell her the truth.

  • ...
4
 13
 947

Chapter 5: Cloudsdale Part 1: The Castle

Scootaloo woke up about two hours later to see her mother looking down at her.

"Have a good nap peanut?" Scootaloo nodded. Scootaloo nodded. Rainbow smiled sweetly at her daughter. "C'mon, we need to get ready to leave for Cloudsdale." Scootaloo looked at her mother, confused.

"Why? What's up in Cloudsdale?" Rainbow giggled.

"We need to head up to the castle. Why else?" Scootaloo giggled in return.

"Oops. I forgot." Rainbow laughed. She picked up her daughter with her magic and placed her on her back.

"C'mon. We need to get going. We'll spend some mother-daughter time there. Okay." Scootaloo nodded. The rainbow maned mare walked outside her house with her daughter on her back. Rainbow opened her majestic wings and launched herself into the air towards Cloudsdale. Scootaloo squealed while holding onto her mother. As the giant cloud city came into view, Rainbow Dash flew higher that way she wouldn't be easily spotted in the air. They flew closer to the center of the city and approached a large building. It was a castle with rainbow waterfalls flowing down into rainbow pools at the bottom. Scootaloo gasped at its beauty and Rainbow smiled at its wonders. As they landed at the entrance, they saw a guard approach them. Once he saw Rainbow, he bowed before her. He spoke.

"Your Highness. Welcome back." Rainbow Dash nodded.

"Thank you, Thunder Wing."Thunder Wing nodded. He then spotted Scootaloo on her back.

“Your Highness. Is this your daughter?” Rainbow nodded.

“Indeed she is. Princess Scootaloo to be exact.” Scootaloo giggled at the title. Thunder Wing nodded

“Well then, please follow me. I’m sure you would like to get settled in.” Rainbow nodded.

“Yes indeed. Please, do lead the way.” Thunder Wing nodded again and lead the two royals through the castle.

After a little tour, Thunder Wing led them to the throne room. Three other guards were already waiting there.

“Your Highness,” one of them stepped towards Rainbow and bowed, “ the others and I would like to welcome you back to take over rulings the Pegasi once again. Though you might have to speak with the mayor of Cloudsdale as well as the mayor of Las Pegasus. But before that, we shall present you and your daughter your crowns.” The other two guards who were holding the crowns walked forward and placed a crown on each of the royal’s heads.

“Deeply appreciated, the three of you, but first I believe that my daughter and I shall most likely sit down and get ready for the two mayors to arrive?” The four guards in the room nodded and let the Queen and the princess sit down on their thrones. There was a knock on the doors and the Queen nodded to the guards to open the doors. In walked the mayor of Cloudsdale She looked up at the Queen and then bowed.

“Your Highness. Welcome back .” She spoke. Rainbow nodded.

“Thank you. It is good to be back where I belong.” The mayor spoke again.

“Yes, but about the Wonderbolts? You were a part of their team, am I correct?” Rainbow sighed.

“Yes indeed I was, but now I must take my place as Queen, even though I’m still very young. This is the place that I need to be in. It makes more sense than hiding my true form from others.” The mayor nodded. A guard walked into the room and walked towards Rainbow.

“Your Highnesses. The mayor of Las Pegasus will be arriving now. She apologizes for being late.” Rainbow nodded.

“It’s alright. Send her in.” The guard bowed and opened the door to welcome in the mayor. She walked in and bowed in front of Rainbow.

“Your Highnesses. Welcome back.” Rainbow Dash smiled.

“It’s good to be back knowing this is my rightful place.” Both mayors nodded.

The meeting went on for a while longer before both mayors headed back to their destinations. Rainbow sighed softly and shook her head, her long mane flying from side to side. She heard a little giggle on her right and looked over at the filly to see that she had a hoof covering her muzzle which caused her to hold back a laugh. Rainbow sighed, rolled her eyes, and shook her head. She patted her daughter on her head.

“You are one silly filly. What am I gonna do with you?” This time Scootaloo did giggle.

“Stay with me?” Rainbow nodded.

“Come on. Let’s get you to bed. It’s getting late and you and I both need our sleep.” While she was saying that, Scootaloo let out a small yawn. Her mom crouched down so she could climb and lay on her back. On the way to her room, Rainbow Dash stopped at her daughter’s bedroom to tuck her in. She levitated her daughter off her back and set her under her covers. “I’m definitely gonna need to talk to Spitfire tomorrow about this." And with that, she fell asleep.