• Published 20th Jul 2020
  • 1,248 Views, 25 Comments

An ANGERY Journey to become King (Title WIP) - Nightmare723764



A spin-off/sorta-kinda-not-really-rewrite of "Of Boredome and Co-Conspirators" only with just my OC/SI Shifting Space.

  • ...
5
 25
 1,248

3

<<<Princess Luna Noctis>>>

>>>One Hour Later<<<

“Well… he is a healthy colt-”

Luna just looked flustered.

“-and it’s a perfectly natural reaction. I don’t mean to sound arrogant but well… we’re probably the most attractive mares he has ever seen!”

“Stars, Tia! Will you stop grinning like that!” Luna exclaimed covering her face.

“Think of it as a compliment Lulu!~” Celestia chirped still in full Trollestia mode, “You know technically I’m his aunt. And you know what they say!~ Family is the Best put your Family to the test!~”

“Oh so does that mean your nephew is lusting after you?” Luna snarked back, her cheeks a rosy red at the insinuations.

“No. You know as well as I that my dear Blue has ever only loved one mare and refuses to love another.” Celestia said deciding she had already had her fun, “And the only reason they aren’t together is because she didn’t want to be drawn into the drama that is Royal life.”

Luna nodded, when Celestia explained it to her after she met Blueblood for the first time it certainly explained the stallion's prickly attitude. Knowing that you have two fillies that you can’t visit or even talk to unless he risks drawing them into the labyrinth that is Noble politics.

“... To change the subject.” Luna said giving Celestia a serious look, “I’m taking over training the Guard. And I won’t accept platitudes or no for an answer.”

Celestia just looked back at Luna and nodded in acceptance.

“I can accept that. You were always the more military-minded one.” Celestia said, “I’m afraid in the last thousand years standards have dropped. I’ll deal with any complaints. Just… try not to turn them into bloodthirsty warriors.”

Luna snorted at that.

“They will be professionals.” Luna said simply, personally doubting even SHE could shape the current-era Guard into a shadow of the Guards of Old.

Actually she was surprised. Luna honestly expected to have to deal with an argument or something, perhaps in the last thousand years has worn some of her idealism and optimism down?

Regardless Luna was thankful.

<<<Shifting Space>>>

My new room was pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself, though I have no idea why it was night-themed or so close to Luna’s room (which I had learned from my escort). Actually why did my escort treat me like I was someone important anyway?

I mean, I’m just a stupidly strong mutant tiny horse? Is it connected to the fact that I look like Slepinher’s cousin or something? Do these tiny horses worship that eight legged horse??

At least when I asked my escort got me some books to read.

“Actually let’s see what she got.” I thought as I looked at the books the freaky looking pictographs that was their written language twisting around into English, “Hmm… Fall of Nightmare Moon, The Elements, a training manual for some martial art called Raging Avalanche, and… Oubliettes & Ogres? Is this like… tiny horse version of Dungeons and Dragons?”

Oh this was making me feel all tingly with nostalgia, I remember first getting into D&D and my first Human Fighter character. Granted I ran with other characters as well and different races but I always came back to playing Human, I have no idea why honestly.

I remembered my last character fondly; Šašek. A Human Two-Handed Barbarian. A man who remained a mystery to the party as he refused to speak of his past only telling them that he was on a journey to repent for all his sins. What sins he never spoke of but anyone who asked, and passed their Perception checks, would see that his gaze was that of a broken and haunted man.

He died holding back a daemonic horde allowing the rest of the party to escape the hellish realm and sealing it. He continued to fight even when the portal closed and when he was finally overrun and the horde descended on him his last thoughts went towards the God that turned him away from his previous damnation.

“Was I a good man?”

I sniffed and whipped away a tear, even years after that campaign I still get all teary eyed thinking of the brave Šašek who willingly damned himself to save the realm.

“Hmm, maybe I could find a group willing to play…” I muttered as I opened the book to start reading.

After all I think it’s safe to say the rules wouldn’t be exactly like D&D 5th Edition, what with it being a whole different world and culture.

<<<Princess Luna Noctis>>>

If Luna had to choose between the utter monotonous torture of paperwork or dealing with the Council, which could be compared to herding cats Tia had confessed, she would take paperwork each and everytime. It didn’t help that other than her nephew Blueblood and a stallion called Fancy Pants most of the nobles still saw her as Nightmare Moon and suspected she was just laying in wait.

So the thought of going before them and informing them that she was taking a student and adopting said student? She could only imagine what madness this would stir up!

Luna looked over quickly to Celestia, and the bucking bitch was sitting there all serene while Luna was on the verge of freaking out. And that cheeky little wink Celestia gave her seriously made Luna consider sending her to the sun again. Witnesses be damned!

Fancypants cleared his throat, “Well we’re all here. What is this meeting for? I was under the impression the council wouldn’t be convened for another two weeks.”

“My sister has some things she would like to say.” Celestia said, “And on that note I want everypony to know I fully support her decisions.” And with that she saved Luna at least some complaints about manipulation and brainwashing.

Luna put on her princess face and mentally prepared herself to face the jackals that considered themselves nobles.

“Foremost as of noon The Cult of the Blackwood was discovered in the entertainment district, more specifically a… gentlecolt’s club called Diamond Flanks. As such I am having the entire district quartineed and thoroughly searched for any other signs of cult corruption.” Some of the Nobles looked to raise a fuss but a single glower from Luna and Celestia stopped them, “This is non negotiable. My sister and I refuse to allow cults to take root in Canterlot, and leading to my second subject as of next week I will be taking over training for both the Solar and Lunar guards.”

That did start something, some of the nobles ranting that they refused to have Nightmare Moon teach their sons and daughters. Celestia looked livid at that while Luna remained stoic though her heart ached at those words.

The Nightmare just hissed at the weak willed and pathetic nobles but remained silent. She knew what she did and wasn’t apologizing, in hindsight she realized she could’ve gone about things in a different manner that wouldn’t have ended with such heartache and sorrow. If anything she wondered how Equestria would’ve been under the iron hoof of Nightmare Moon.

Probably something not worth living in.

“SILENCE!!” Luna bellowed, “My sister agrees and I will do this! The guard has become soft and arrogant! I will rectify this! I’ll finish this quickly as I grow tired of your arrogant prattel! I’ve also taken a student and will adopt him as well! Good evening!”

And just as Luna finished she teleported with a loud bang which gave away just how frustrated she was.

<<<Shifting Space>>>

Pausing to take a drink of water I sat down the O&O book, I was completely wrong. O&O was D&D only horsy-fied, okay ponified technically but whatever. That was actually kinda relieving honestly as I struggled with the rules when I first got into D&D.

So knowing that I won’t have to learn completely new rules was a very welcome relief!

“Hmm, I wonder if Celestia and Luna play?” I mused scratching my chin, “They both seem to regal to be nerds but that just means they’re either in the closet about it or keep it secret.”

And now I’m imagining Luna and Celestia playing WoW. That’s… kind of a hot image actually.

Man, what is up with that? Why am I suddenly looking at mares and going omg I must get it in all the sudden? Did whoever fucked with my memories fucked with everything else as well?

“... Goddamnit…”

With a sigh I went to get a shower to… relax...