• Published 26th Aug 2012
  • 1,307 Views, 63 Comments

Backwards: Insanity is not Sane - chewyrainbow



second book to Backwards: A not so Element of Kindness

  • ...
14
 63
 1,307

"I don't care..."

Rainbow Dash sighed of relief, and fell back. Gently wiping tears away from her cheeks, she closed her eyes again, only to be greeted again with horrifying images. Her eyes shot open again, with a shudder, she laid there, awake. Studying the ceiling of the dark room, she counted 79 knots in the wood panels. Sighing, she felt her eyelids heavy, slowly they closed, but she jerked them awake when she remembered the horrible clips.

She kept her mind busy with good memories of her friends, hoping that the thoughts would keep her awake. After a while, she ran out of her favorite times, and memories, tossing back and fourth all her favorite things about Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity. But slowly, their deaths crept back into her mind, she was unable to knock them out this time. She clenched her teeth, but there were no images of what she was remembering, only sounds, words, and sentences...

"Rest well, sleep well, you will never wake again..."

Those words.

Those dreadful, menacing words.

They echoed in her mind.

The words quieted down, but still they rang out, only adding to the horror were the screams her friends shouted while she could do nothing to help.

One image shot into her mind, like a bullet to the head it sent a headache just thinking about it.

The face she saw in the mirror. Her own face replaced with crimson and cyan combined.

Next to it revealed a similar picture, only with a pale yellow, and light blue eyes, craze and bloodshot. Spattered with crimson and a devilish grin.

Fighting the urge to scream, she leaped out of the bed, Ignoring the pain, she ran head first into the nearest wall, creating a loud thud.

The images didn't leave, they seemed to mock her, they were laughing! A crazed smile, and a laugh unrecognizable to anything pony.

Shaking violently, she backed up, crashing into the night table, knocking a lamp over onto the floor, breaking into shattered porcelain.

She stared at the broken shards, her eyes shrank to small beads, staring intensely.

Those words, they crept back into her mind.

She heard the thudding of hooves, Twilight was coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight shot up from her bed when she heard the loud thud.

Immediately she ran to Rainbows room, which was the most likely place it was coming from.

Swiping her hoof on the door handle, she pulled, only to find it was locked.

"Rainbow Dash! Open the door! Are you okay?" questions shot out of her mouth with no control.

She heard something being swept across the floor, almost like glass being cleaned up with a broom, only it wasn't a broom.

There was no reply.

"Rainbow Dash, what are you doing!"

A small voice declared something hardly audible.

"What?" she replied, her ear pressed against the door now.

The voice grew louder, almost a giggle, "Rest well, sleep well, I will never wake again..."

"Rainbow Dash open the door!" her throat cracked at her scream. She recognized those words, all to well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The cyan blue mare held the shard of porcelain in her hoof, a mad gaze swept across her face. She heard Twilight's yelling, but didn't respond, now she was only talking to herself.

"Rest well, sleep well, I will never wake again..."

Bringing her hoof closer to her neck the shattered piece of lamp almost touching, she spoke again.

"This is for Pinkie, AJ, and Rarity!" She sent out a crazed screech, sending the lamp shard towards her neck, only for it to be knocked out of her hoof as Twilight shot a ball of energy at the door, and came crashing down on her.

"Rainbow, what are you doing? You could have killed yourself!" She yelped.

She held her gaze for a moment, her eyes still shrunken until she finally replied.

"I don't care..."