• Published 26th Aug 2012
  • 1,307 Views, 63 Comments

Backwards: Insanity is not Sane - chewyrainbow



second book to Backwards: A not so Element of Kindness

  • ...
14
 63
 1,307

Nightmares

Twilight knew she had to save Fluttershy, maybe she just made a mistake, maybe she really could fix her. She was sure she had just messed up on her spell, why else wouldn't it have worked? Of course there was also the possibility she wanted to believe just to hard. Maybe how much she WANTED to believe effected her reasoning. But the problem was, there were to many maybes'

----------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash quivered, as she slowly made her way to the bed, avoiding all of Twilight's attempts to help her.
Leaping up, with a wince of pain, she curled up, laying her head on the mattress, staring blankly at the ceiling, tears still dripping down her cheeks. When Twilight came over, she rolled onto her other side, trying to get the point across she wanted to be alone.


---------------------------------------------------------

Twilight stopped in her steps when she saw Rainbow turn away from her. She was worried about leaving her, but she knew she needed to be alone for a while, so with one hoof stepping backwards, she left the room, leaving her friend alone in the darkness, with shades closed, windows locked, and door cracked.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash began to whimper again, letting her emotions take control again, but she did keep from screaming this time.
Her mane plastered against her cheeks covered in tears. Her lower lip quivered, and she clamped her eyes shut, wishing to block out all her memories, all the fear, all the tears, and all the death. Slowly she began to feel her senses draw away as she fell into the unknown.

- - - - - - - -

The cyan blue mare scrambled down a familiar staircase. As she almost made it to the bottom, she slipped into a puddle of red, oozing out of the limp body of Pinkie Pie. Screaming, she fell face first into a large mound of squirming creatures. Little white-ish worm looking things: maggots. Her eyes grew wide as she wreathed out of the dead flesh eating things. Her hooves ran aimlessly as her mind swirled with uneasiness. She was running endlessly, into a long, dark hallways, only able to see her hooves in front of her. Hearing a mad screech from behind pressed her forwards, keeping her running even though she was tired. She squinted as she saw a small light coming closer. A door!

Her heart was thudding, skipping beats as she sped up slightly more. Skidding to a halt as she came within inches of the light, she stepped towards the door, only to have it disappear in front of her eyes, and turn into a full-length mirror, a little light bulb hung above her head. Staring into the mirror she saw something that sent chills up her spine.


It was the usual cyan blue, only spattered with crimson. Red eyes that pierced her mind like a dagger. Their penetrating stare sent her backing away in a panic stricken frenzy, crashing into other bloody pictures, with mocking faces, and then she turned again.

What she saw sent her eyes wider than the first mirror image she saw.

It was like a video, only clips.

The stabbing of Pinkie,
The blood bath of Applejack,
The choking of Rarity, but it didn't stop there...
It went on showing a gruesome clip of Twilight being sliced, slowly her horn being sawed off and other appendages.
But then, it went to her...
She saw herself strapped to a chair, with her friends hung on the walls like trophies.
Fluttershy crept out of the shadows, the long blood-stained blade in her mouth, and maggots dropping off her face, and bits of flesh hanging out of her teeth. Rainbow clenched her teeth, clamping her eyes shut. Fluttershy stepped forward, gently tracing the knife from the top of her forehead down, to her neck, and still down, until it stopped on her chest. But then, it got worse. Those words, those dreadful words.
"Rest well, sleep well, you will never wake again!"
They echoed. Echoing about in her mind and around the dark room she was trapped in. Her eyes closed tight as she screamed in horror.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash shot up in her bed, immediately sending a jolt of pain down her sides. Wincing, her eyes darted around the room. No clips, no mirrors, no blood...