• Published 26th Jun 2020
  • 594 Views, 8 Comments

Twilight’s Big Adventure - Taionia05



The Mane 6 along with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy go on a big adventure

  • ...
14
 8
 594

Chapter 3: Equal Town Pt. 1

As the team carried a injured Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Sonic, they walked over a bridge and once they made it to the cliff side, they saw a small town below them.

“I think this village might help our friends.” Rarity said but what stopped by Amy.

“Hold on. We don’t know if they like to visit strangers.” the pink hedgehog said

“Stand back everypony, I’m on it!” Pinkie told her friends as she dressed up as a thievius raccoon and she rolled down and hide behind a rock and hide out of plain sight as she gave a hoof signal to her friends while Pinkie found a safe under a rock and found a wrench and she put it in her hair.

After that, they saw the town up close and saw all the ponies who looked a little bit off than normal.

“Does anyone notice that they have the same cutie mark?” Knuckles pointed out

“Knuckles right and those smiles, they don’t look like any smile I seen before and I know what is true smile or not!” Pinkie added.

“Well maybe if we can find someone who can help us.” Fluttershy said.

“I don’t, but it looks like we have no other choice.” Applejack said as they walked towards the small village. Once they made it there, the townsfolk gave them creepy smiles and welcomed them, which uneases them.

“Hi!” One of the townsfolk said as he looked at Tails, Knuckles, and Amy and asked, “I never seen you three before and don’t look like ponies at all?”

“Well my name is Miles “Tails” Prower, but call me Tails and this is Knuckles, the red echidna and Amy Rose, the pink hedgehog and this is Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike, and Pinkie Pie.” Tails answered as they waved to him. “Can you tell us who you ponies are?”

“Well my name is Party Favor and the one up there is Night Glider, and here’s Double Diamond.” the pony names Party Favor answered.

“Welcome. What brings you here?” Double Diamond asked the heroes, and they show their three badly injured friends, which caused the other ponies to look shocked as their smiles turned to concerned faces. “Oh my goodness, what happened to them?”

“To be honest with ya’ partner, I don’t know, Rainbow and Sonic ran off to help Twilight, and when we caught up to them, they were knocked out cold, do you know anypony who can help them?” Applejack asked.

“Of course we can, just wait here while I’ll tell the town found, Starlight Glimmer about this.” Double Diamond answered as he and Party Favor guided them to find this Starlight pony.

“I wished everypony in Equestria could act this nice.” Fluttershy said

“I don’t know, this stating to give me the creeps.” Spike told Fluttershy.

“I've got my eye on them. Something's rotten in... whatever the name of this village is that we're in right now!” Pinkie stated as she ate an entire cupcake as she looked serious while the other ponies followed them with those creepy smiles

The made it to a door and both Double Diamond and Party Favor knocked and said, “Starlight, we have some visitors.” They walked inside the house and they looked around the inside of the house.

Amy pulled out her hammer and whispered to Knuckles, “Get ready Knuckles, who knows who gonna come out that door.” The door opened and revealed to be the pony named Starlight Glimmer.

“Welcome! I’m so pleased to have you here.” Starlight Glimmer greeted

“This is Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose.” Double Diamond told Starlight. “And here’s Sonic, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle, they seem pretty hurt, can you help them.”

“Well of course, and we don’t let anypony seriously hurt in our town.” Starlight said as she levitated Twilight, Rainbow, and Sonic upstairs to a bed and quickly came back downstairs to the other. “They’ll be in shape in a couple of hours, but in the meantime, and oops, I forgot to introduce and I guess they told you that my name is Starlight Glimmer.”

“Yes ma’am.” Spike said

“Well since you’re here, we're happy to have you! We're happy to have anypony who wants to experience true friendship for the first time.” Starlight said, which caused them look stunned to here that.

“What do you mean?” Fluttershy asked

“Oh, indeed. That's what's so unique about our village, you see. Around here, we don't flaunt our special talents because we don't have any special talents to flaunt.” Starlight vaguely stated as she fixed the picture of a equal sign.

“Is that why everyone here have the same cutie marks?” Tails asked, but they didn’t notice the slight annoyance from Starlight.

“Perhaps it would be easier to understand if I gave you a tour of the village!” Starlight said as they walked outside as Starlight gathered the townsfolk as they followed either behind her or alongside. “Heads high, ponies! Marching proud! All together now! Every one of you! No pony left behind!”

(Our Town)

[Starlight Glimmer]
Life is so grand in Our Town
We're always filled with cheer
We never have to look around
To know that we're all here

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We don't have to wait
To find out that our destiny
Is just to emulate

The citizens sang as they circled around the heroes, making them a little uncomfortable by it.

“Let's see those big, happy smiles!” Starlight shouted as they smile even bigger.

[Starlight Glimmer]
Life is a smile in Our Town
Our cutie mark's the same
Because we do not separate
Ourselves by more than name

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We dare not compete
Winning only breeds the worst
Ego-filled conceit

As they continued singing, two pegasi flew up to Tails and when they hold on to the flying two-tailed fox, they slowly put him down to the ground including themselves. Tails looked at his friends and shrugged, then suddenly Starlight popped out right behind him.

“You see? Now everypony wins!” Starlight told Tails.

[Starlight Glimmer]
Life is a joy in Our Town
We're all equal here
No one is superior
And no one shakes in fear

While Starlight walked on, one of the ponies hair-style was different and she used her magic to turn it into a Goldilocks hairstyle, which made the heroes grow more and more suspicious to her except Fluttershy.

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We work as a team
You can't have a nightmare
If you never dream

The singing citizens march in rows of fours and this made the heroes both suspicious and creeped out with the exception of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

[Starlight Glimmer]
Other ponies argue
Do you ever wonder why?
When you think your talent's special
You don't see eye-to-eye
There's just too many differences
That lead to disarray
But when you learn to act as one
It's like a holiday

Starlight sang to Pinkie and Amy, which causes the pink hedgehog to pull out her hammer, but she quickly put it away before Starlight saw it and then Starlight made the other mane 4 to be the same height with each other and when she walked away from them, one mare pony was dancing off key, but she quickly corrected herself before Starlight saw her.

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We don't complicate
When you learn to simplify
Life is oh, so great
Join in our utopia
Come out of the dark
Banded by equality
By our cutie mark!

While they were singing, the heroes looked at each other and Fluttershy smiled to the music, but Pinkie shook her head which upset the shy pegasus

*End of Song*

“What in the heck are you talking about, they can’t just give up their cutie mark!” Knuckles said.

“Don’t be so rude Knuckles. I think we shouldn’t judge them. They all seem perfectly happy with their choice.“ Fluttershy said.

“Don't believe their smiles, Fluttershy.”

“Sorry Starlight, but I’m so confused by all of this?” Tails asked

“I know it’s confusing. We have no judgements here in our village. Each of us was confused once as well, blinded by the false promise of our cutie marks.” Starlight told.

“You cannot be this serious?!” Amy said as she was so speechless by it.

“While you’re friends are back to full health, Double Diamond always help our guest around the town, can you do that for me.” Starlight asked Double Diamond, who agreed and the heroes followed behind him as Starlight walked towards her home and said to herself “Well, this will certainly provide a boost to our little community. When the rest of Equestria sees that a princess and her friends gave up their cutie marks to join us, they'll finally understand what we're trying to accomplish.”

As the heroes followed Double Diamond and were greeted by welcomes from other townsfolk, Tails was in his train of thought.

“From what I remember from Twilight, she said.” Tails said to himself as the words from what Twilight told him about cutie marks are in a flashback.

“A cutie mark is a representation of a pony's unique talents and skills.” Twilight voice echoed in his head.

“How is it possible to—“ Tails was interrupted by Rarity.

“What in the name of Equestria is that?!” Rarity shrieked as she pointed at a earth pony stallion with old fashioned clothing.

“Welcome! Care to sample some local fashion? We've got cloaks this month!” the earth pony stallion asked Rarity with a big as she was about to gag.

“Wha— Ooh, er, perhaps another time, good sir, thank you.” Rarity politely told the stallion as the heroes sat down on a dinner and Rarity whispered to Applejack, “No wonder nopony's wearing anything!”

“You mean the part where she was singing isn’t the weirdest part of this village?” Amy whispered to Rarity.

Fluttershy hushed the two and whispered, “Really you two, just because thing they are different, doesn’t mean you can be rude to them just for that.”

“I’m sorry Fluttershy, but these ponies are really suspicious and they won’t stop staring at us with those odd smiles.” Pinkie whispered to Fluttershy.

“Do you need anything?” Double Diamond asked.

“No sir.” Tails answered, then turned to Pinkie and whispered, “I’m not 99% sure, but Fluttershy's right about this, we have to get to the bottom of this.” While he was talking, a pony named Sugar Belle walked behind them and tried to get their attention, but they didn’t notice her.

“It think if we just grab our friends after they’re back healthy, we can get on outta here!” Applejack hushed as she slammed her hoof on the table

“Can we just stop bickering about this. Applejack, you’re almost as worst as Rainbow Dash.” Fluttershy told Applejack.

“Hey don’t put me in this!” a voice said and it was Rainbow Dash, Sonic, and Twilight and they were happy for them, especially Amy.

“SONIC! YOU’RE OKAY!” Amy screamed as she ran and hugged Sonic, who was uncomfortable about it.

“I know you were worried about me, but could you not squeeze me to death again.” Sonic said as Amy let go of him.

“I hope I’m nothing interrupting anything and I like to introduce myself and my name is Sugar Belle. I couldn’t notice that you weren’t happy talking to each other? Is your friendship ending because it sounded like you were disagreeing with each other?”

“No, our friendship isn’t ending, we just had a slightly different opinion with each other.” Twilight said to Sugar Belle.

“Well what would you like to eat. We have muffins.” Sugar Belle suggested to the group.

“Make it twenty-five please?” Pinkie asked Sugar Belle as she walked into her kitchen, which cause her friends to raise an eyebrow at her. “What? I’mhungry!” Pinkie defended

“I know this town isn’t like Ponyville, but we have to stick together. What happening now must be solved.” Twilight said to her friends.

“I guess you’re right, but once we figure this out, we can continue finding the Chaos Emeralds and the Elements of Harmony.” Applejack said as a stack of muffins was put right in front of them.

“Forgive me for overhearing, but just a moment ago you were disagreeing, and now it sounds like you're... agreeing.” Sugar Belle asked the heroes as Applejack gave her a yes answer. “Well, you had such differing opinions – and cutie marks.”

“Well we might have different opinions, we’re still friends until the end.” Sonic said as Double Diamond looked at Sugar Belle, making her nervous.

Sugar Belle turned back to the heroes and answered, “I'm sorry, I'm just having a hard time understanding. Different talents lead to different opinions, which lead to bitterness and misery. So... why aren't you bitter and...?” Sugar Belle cut herself off when Pinkie spit out the cupcake she was eating, but she quickly smiled and complemented the cupcake. “It's all right. I know I'm not a very good baker. At least, I know I'm not any better than anypony else in the village. Well, I... hope you enjoy our little village!” Sugar Belle quickly looked back at Double Diamond, who stood from his chair without smiling. “Come inside before you go! Meet me downstairs!” Sugar Belle zips into her house and shut the door too.

“Okay, that was weird too.” Rainbow Dash pointed out.

“Let's just sit here and eat these muffins and act normal. I think we're being watched.” Amy said as she looked to see the townsfolk looking at them with huge smiles.

“You think?” Rainbow Dash said

“No, not like that! What Amy means is that somepony here doesn't want us talking to Sugar Belle.” Twilight said as she looked back at Double Diamond, who looked away and ate his muffin.

“I thought of a plan, but Pinkie, you’ll have to eat these muffin.” Sonic hushed to Pinkie, who retaliated in defense.

“Why me?”

“You got a stronger stomach than any of us, and that filly in there might be our best chance at findin' out what the hay is goin' on round here.” Applejack added and Pinkie reluctantly agreed and hesitated to eat the twenty-five muffins and shortly after, Pinkie was able to eat all the muffins, but her face turned green and her stomach gurgled.

“Oh my goodness Pinkie! You ate all our muffins! We'd best go inside and get some more!“ Applejack acted as they walked inside Sugar Belle’s house and made their way downstairs.

“Nice work, Pinkie.” Twilight said while a heavy Pinkie Pie tumbled down the stair and landed on the floor.

“And I thought electric wires was bad enough...” Pinkie said as she instantly turned back to normal and they saw Sugar Belle, Night Glider, and Party Favor walking from the shadows.

“So what do you need us for?” Twilight asked

“So nopony could see what's about to happen.” Sugar Belle said as they got closer to the heroes as they got into fighting position, but then the 3 ponies immediately asked them questions.

“Are you really the Princess of Friendship?” Party Favor asked Twilight.

“How do you have two tails?” Night Glider asked Tails as she looked at his Tails.

“What these spikes on your hooves?” Part Favor asked Knuckles as he hold up his hands.

“I just love your cutie mark!” Sugar Belle complemented Pinkie as she looked at the pink pony’s mark.

“Are the you four blank flanks because you don’t have cutie marks?” Night Glider pointed to the mobians, the turned to the Mane 6 and asked, “And how can you be friends with different cutie marks? Don't you end up hating each other?”

“Look at this one! This one great too!” Sugar Belle said while looking at Fluttershy’s cutie mark. “I'd love to have my special talent back even just for a day! Make something besides those disgusting muffins...” Sugar Belle said as her voice sounded sad.

“So what’s stopping you?” Go get your cutie marks back.” Rainbow suggested to the three ponies.

“Daydreaming is one thing, but you mean actually having it put back on? That seems extreme.” Party Favor said.

“I'm not sure Starlight would like that. She wants us all to be happy in our sameness.” Sugar Belle told the heroes.

“Sameness?” The heroes asked.

“But nobody should keep your cutie mark, it’s important for you.” Sonic said

“Oh, we're not kept from them. They're in the vault up in the caves. We can visit them any time we like to remind us of the heartache of a life with special talents.” Night Glider told the heroes.

“That’s really sadistic.” Amy replied

“Can we visit the cave?” Twilight asked as they walked to Starlight’s house and she said yes and soon enough, they walked the cave they were told about.

“I'm delighted you're interested in our cutie mark vault. We hope someday every pony in Equestria will make a pilgrimage here to our little village to have theirs removed too, and our message of...” Starlight continued while the heroes whispered to each other.

“Once we enter this cave, we gonna smash that safe and free everyone’s cutie mark.” Sonic hushed.

“But something’s off about Starlight Glimmer? The words she says are really vague and uneasy.” Twilight hushed to her friends.

“Oh, are you sure? Maybe they miss them a little, but even they didn't seem all that unhappy.” Fluttershy hushed to Twilight.

“But why did they want to talk to us in secret? And why did they ask us not to tell Starlight who told us about the vault?“ Tails hushed to Fluttershy. After a few minutes, they enter the cave and right in front of them was a huge collection of the other ponies cutie marks.

“Just through here! Behold! Our cutie mark vault!” Starlight told the heroes as she levitated a magic staff and said, “And here is the Staff of Sameness. It was one of the great Mage Meadowbrook's nine enchanted items. We are incredibly fortunate to have it here. This is the tool that allows us to free ourselves from our marks!” Starlight said, but then turned to the heroes and asked, “I'm curious – how did the subject of the vault come up?”

“Oh, some ponies were—“ Pinkie accidentally said before Amy covered up her mouth.

“Were they? Well, it seems you inspire all sorts of free thinking, don't you?” Starlight said to the heroes.

“Well, w-we certainly didn't intend to cause any disruptions to your charming little—“ Rarity nervously said, but was cut off by Starlight.

“Good. Let's just make sure of that, shall we?” Starlight said as Double Diamond and multiple other ponies slowly walked towards them.

“It's a trap!” Twilight yelled as she teleported in the air, but Starlight used the Staff of Sameness on Twilight as her cutie mark was ripped off from her and was replaced by a equal cutie mark and her coat turned a little grey.

Twilight felled on the ground and her friends was hit by the Staff of Sameness and their cutie marks were ripped from them and their marks were now equal signs. Sonic’s shoes turned orange and the bottom of his shoe had a equal sign on it, Tails’ tails disappeared from him, Knuckles’ spikes on his hands disappeared, and Amy’s hammer was taken from her and their fur was slightly grey and they fell on the ground.

“Aw. I don't blame you for what you tried to do here today. You've spent your whole lives thinking those marks and abilities are a good thing.” Starlight mocked.

“You won’t get away from this.” Twilight said.

“Well, now you can spend the rest of your lives here with us! And we'll teach you just how much better life can be without your cutie marks!” Starlight said as the other ponies picked them up and took them away from the vault and back to their town.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

After a brutal encounter with Metallix and losing their special talents from Starlight Glimmer. Looks like things aren’t going well on their quest.