• Published 26th Jun 2020
  • 592 Views, 8 Comments

Twilight’s Big Adventure - Taionia05



The Mane 6 along with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy go on a big adventure

  • ...
14
 8
 592

Chapter 4: Equal Town Pt. 2

As the heroes were carried back to the village, the ponies opened a door and softly put them weaken heroes on the floor and closed and locked the door behind them. When they woke up, Rainbow and Knuckles tried to bust down the door, but without their special abilities, they could break it down while Starlight voice was heard from the loudspeaker saying.

In sameness, there is peace. Exceptionalism is a lie. Free yourself from your cutie mark. Choose equality as your special talent.

This causes the heroes to go a little insane as time progressed.

“Hey you know. This book isn’t that bad after all.” Pinkie said as she flipped through the book, just showing the equal sign they have and suddenly, Amy kicked the book and yelled.

“The book have 800 pages of that equal sign!”

Be your best by never being your best.” Starlight voice was heard by the loudspeaker.

Twilight got fed up by it and said, “We have to get out of here with our cutie marks. I can’t stand hearing that voice over and over again!”

“Oh this is the worst I have to endure in my entire life!” Rarity complained as she cried.

“There, there, Rarity... It's not so bad...” Fluttershy said as she comforted Rarity, who moved her shoulder away

“Yes, it is! Look at those drapes! I have no idea if they're tacky or not!” Rarity argued as she pointed at the drape to Fluttershy.

“I think they like look nice.” Fluttershy answered to Rarity

All of a sudden, Rarity cutie mark glowed and she said, “So do I!“ Rarity cried as her tears were like small water fountains.

Fluttershy took a few steps back and heard a tweet and when she looked, it was a blue bird that was a flicky. “Oh, thank goodness! Can you help us, little birdie?” Fluttershy asked, but her mark glowed just like Rarity. “Go on, now! Fly away and get us help!” Fluttershy asked, but the flicky was confused.

“Hey little guy, can you help us get out?” Tails asked since he knew Flicky language, but it couldn’t understand him either and then it flew away. “I don’t understand? Fluttershy’s good with animals and I know Flicky language and know it’s tweets are hard to understand.” Tails said as he sat down and crosses his arms, looking down on himself and so does Fluttershy.

While Rainbow and Knuckles tried to bust down the door as hard as they could, they moved out of the way when Applejack kick the door, but somehow fell back. “Well shoot! This door is sturdier’ than...a...a...Ah dunno, I can’t even make countryisms any more.” Applejack admitted when her mark started to glow.

“I don't know! Maybe it'll be super fun to be all the same!” Pinkie said

“...Are you joking me right now?” Sonic said as Pinkie’s mark started to glow and then acted drastically different from what she normally acts

“Sort of. More pleasant than fun, I guess...” Pinkie said as she turned around and continued flipping through the book.

“What if I used my spindash, maybe that should work?” Sonic said to himself as he was revving up a spindash and when he dashed, he began bouncing all over the place and nearly hitting his friends and when it stopped, he gotten dizzy from that experience.

“Something odd about that staff. I haven't studied Eastern unicorns as much as I should have, but I'm pretty sure Meadowbrook only had eight magical items, not nine. And I don't remember any of them being a staff.” Twilight said as she walked back and forth.

“You’ll have to figure it out while we’re stuck in here.” Knuckles said as he sat down in the corner near the door.

Choose equality as your special talent. Difference is frustration. To excel is to fail. Be your best by never being your best. Conformity will set you free. Accept your limitations, and happiness will follow. You're no better than your friends.” Starlight said as time passed until nighttime and voice faded under.

“I got it!” Twilight said as her friends exclaimed in surprise. “I know just a way to get out of here!”

Rainbow sighed and said, “News flash Twilight. Nothing working with this stupid door.” But suddenly, the door opened to see it was Starlight Glimmer.

“What do want know Starlight! To make us join this mess-up town of yours!” Sonic said as they got into fighting position as Starlight closed the door. Starlight touched her hoof and she changed into a mobian just like Sonic.

“Are you a changeling and who are you!” Twilight said as she pointed her horn at the mobian.

Tails immediately ran up to the mobian and hugged her and said, “Auntie Sally! You’re here!” This made the Mane 6 look confused.

“And how in the hay is that there’ ya auntie Tails and how can we trust her.” Applejack asked.

“Well back at home, Sally’s not a tough leader of the Freedom Fighters, a amazing princess, and always treat her friends with kindness, she also took care of Tails like a parent of some sort.” Sonic said as he introduced the mobian named Sally Acorn.

“Just like me and Spike.” Twilight said and she looked around for Spike. “Wait a minute? Where is Spike?”

“He left while we weren’t looking?” Tails said as Twilight panicked, then she took deep breath.

“Okay, the Chaos Emeralds and the Elements of Harmony are gone, I got beaten up by a metal robot and now Spike’s missing.” Twilight facepalmed her face.

“Um...it’s really nice to meet you girls?” Sally said to the Mane 6, but saw Tails without his namesake. “Tails! Where are your tails?!”

“Starlight Glimmer took our cutie marks and Sonic and the others lost their powers and we know that Starlight is very suspicious about something?” Twilight told Sally, then asked her a question, “Hey Sally is it, why did you come here as Starlight and what brought you here also?”

“Well back on Mobius, I was working on creating some tools like a grappling hook and a laser sword and suddenly, a portal opened and it suck me in and when I woke up, I was near this village and I equipped my new tools and looked at this place from a distance. And the reason I disguise myself as Starlight Glimmer was because I could tell you guys a secret about her when I saw you being put inside here.” Sally explained as the heroes looked at each other and looked back at Sally.

“So what is it Sal?” Sonic asked

“That Starlight pony has a cutie mark.” Sally answered as the heroes gasped in shock.

“How did you know Starlight has a cutie mark?!” Rarity asked.

“Well before I came here, I looked at out at Starlight’s window when I saw her drying herself from getting wet and I saw her with real cutie mark.” Sally said as she remembered from a flashback where Double Diamond is giving Starlight the heroes marks (the mobians have icons of their powers).

“I don’t understand Starlight, why are you keep their cutie marks?” Double Diamond asked.

“Because if they leave, they would steal their cutie marks back, so I going to keep an eye on them. Now go get some sleep Double Diamond.”

As Double Diamond walked back to his house, Starlight walked upstairs and she accidentally splashed water on herself. She used her magic to dry herself and Sally saw her with her own cutie mark. Starlight put down the towel and covered up her own mark with a fake equal one as the flashback ended.

“That Starlight! She taking everypony’s cutie mark and she keeping her’s!” Rainbow yelled.

“But there might be a way to expose her on the spot!” Tails said as he hit his fist on his hand.

“And we know just the pony that can do it.” Twilight said as they looked at Fluttershy.

“Me?!”

“You been talking about how nice this place is.” Rainbow said

“But that's because everypony's so nice and their village is so pretty, and, and... Oh, you're right. They probably would believe me. I hate to lie to them. They've been so welcoming and friendly... aside from locking us in here and trying to brainwash us into abandoning the things that make us special...” Fluttershy said, then a thought hit her. “Oh. Okay, then I’ll do it.”

Twilight turned to Sally and said, “You should get out of here before morning. We don’t want Starlight figuring out what we’re trying to do.” Twilight asked and Sally nodded and left out the house and closed the door behind her.

After Sally left, the heroes left as went to sleep until morning and were woken up by the loudspeaker, then Starlight opened the door with the other citizens standing behind her.

“I trust you had a pleasant night? This way, please. There are some friendswho'd like to see you. Gather round, friends, gather round! We've come to ask if any of you are ready to join us! There are so many friends to be made once you realize you don't need your cutie marks or the talents that come with them.” Starlight said as the heroes stepped outside to see the door the other citizens, including Sugar Belle, Night Glider, and Party Favor smiling at them.

“We have a welcome ceremony for new friends!” Double Diamond said as Twilight bumped Fluttershy shoulder to start the plan. “The whole village joins together to build you your own cottage—“ Double Diamond was interrupted by Fluttershy as she yelled.

“I'd like to join!” This caused the citizens to talking to each while being stunned, including Starlight.

“Fluttershy?! But...we’re friends right?!” Twilight acted.

“Yeah but, these ponies are friendly and so is this village isn’t bad as you said it was.” Fluttershy said.

“Starlight took our talents and you’re siding with her?!” Sonic questioned Fluttershy.

“Well if you don’t agree with my! Then I don’t want to be your friend anymore!” Fluttershy asserted

“You do that while we refuse to join this town!” Twilight said as the heroes walked back inside, leaving Fluttershy to tear up a while Starlight comforted her.

“I know it’s hard from them to join our town, but it’s going to be alright.” Starlight said to Fluttershy, then asked. “Do you need anything Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy stopped crying and asked, “A glass of water please?” Starlight walked back to her house and came back with a glass of water and gave it to Fluttershy. “Thanks you.” Fluttershy said, but she “accidentally” spilled the water on Starlight, but she moved out of the way. Unfortunately, the water dripped on her cutie mark revealing her real cutie mark as the citizens gasped while Fluttershy opened the door her friends were in.

“Wha... What are you looking at?! They're the problem, not me!” Starlight tried to defend herself by blaming the heroes, but the citizens didn’t believe her.

“How could you Starlight? Party Favor asked.

“You said cutie marks were evil! You said special talents led to pain and heartache!” Double Diamond also asked.

“We gave up ours and you kept yours?” Sugar Belle asked too. “Why did you?”

Starlight tired to lie again, but told the harsh truth by said, “I had to, you fools! How could I collect your cutie marks without my magic?!”

“But the staff have all the magic we need?” Night Glider asked.

“The staff is a piece of wood I found in the desert! It's my magic that makes all this possible! You'd all still be living your miserable lives thinking you're better than everypony else if it weren't for my magical abilities! I brought you friendship! I brought you equality! I created harmony!” Starlight yelled, but a voice was heard by a echo.

“You didn’t create friendship and harmony!” Sally said as she jumped right in front of the heroes and pointed at them say, Twilight and her friends did and back at home, Sonic always put his friends first to protect us from evil and we support him until the ends of earth!” Sally said as smiled at the heroes as they smiled back.

“And you lied to us about everything!” Double Diamond added.

“N-No I haven’t?! The only way to be happy is if we're all equal!“ Starlight said.

“Except for you.” Party Favor told Starlight as her horn glowed and she gritted her teeth, then turned to Twilight as she was speaking.

“Everypony has unique talents and gifts, and when we share them with each other, that's how rea—” Twilight said, but was interrupted by Starlight.

“QUIET!” Starlight yelled as the heroes looked at her with surprised looks.

“You can't have a cutie mark, Starlight! Either we're all equal, or none of us are!” Sugar Belle said as the citizens walked up to Starlight as she was slowly backed away from them, but she bumped into the heroes as they cornered her, but she used her magic to push them away and she ran into her house.

“Come on! Let's get our cutie marks back!” Double Diamond shouted as the citizens ran into the cave to get their cutie marks.

“Let’s go get out cutie marks from Starlight!” Rainbow yelled as they ran up to Starlight’s house.

Meanwhile in the cave, the citizens banged in the vault, trying to get their cutie marks.

“Stand back everypony!” Double Diamond yelled as she ran with the staff and he tossed it at the vault, causing it to crack and suddenly, all the citizens got their cutie marks and their manes changed. The remaining few cutie marks flew out the cave as the heroes looked astonished by it.

“Even without my cutie mark, I can tell this is beautiful!” Rarity said as they looked at the cutie marks as Starlight looked out of her window.

“They think they can come to my village and disrupt my life?” Starlight said as she walked up to the jar with the heroes cutie marks/emblems. “Let's see how they like spending the rest of their lives without their precious cutie marks!” Starlight levitated the bed out of the way and she moved it back in place.

Outside, Applejack, Sonic, and Rarity tried to break down the door when Sally told the to move over as she touched her bracelet and when it formed into a sword, she cut it down with ease as she put it away. When she turned around, the heroes mouths were hanging while Rainbow gushed. After that, they looked around the house and too their shock, their cutie marks were gone and saw that Starlight was nowhere to be seen. Shortly after, Night Glider, Party Favor, Double Diamond, and Sugar Belle pushed the bed and found a secret passage and they walked downstairs. Soon after, they walked out of a tunnel and they quickly looked around when Night Glider spotted Starlight. Party Favor used his ability to make binoculars and he spotted Starlight much closer.

“She's headed for the pass! If she makes it into those mountains, we'll never find her!” Party Favor said, then Pinkie took a look with the balloon binoculars.

“These are amazing!” Pinkie said as she looked with them.

“There's a whole network of caves up there! Your cutie marks will be gone forever!” Sugar Belle told the heroes.

“Then there no time ah wastin’ ya’all!” Applejack said as they chased after her, but Rainbow Dash and Sonic glowed as their speed were like a peaceful walk in a park while the four other ponies chased after Starlight.

“Are you kidding me!” Rainbow and Sonic yelled as they followed their friends, who were walking at the same speed.

As Starlight continued running away, Night Glider caught up to Starlight when she said, “Are you all so willing to give up everything because of these strangers?!” Starlight used her magic to cause snow to fall on Night Glider.

“We gave up everything for you, because we thought you were our friend!” Sugar Belle said to Starlight as she, Double Diamond, Party Favor, and Night Glider continued to chase her while the heroes slowly followed them.

“I can’t believe it?! We’re suppose to get our cutie marks, and we have to rely on these other ponies.

“Well if it weren’t for that robot guys that knocked us out, we wouldn’t be here helping these ponies getting back their cutie marks.” Sonic told to Rainbow Dash.

“And they’re returning the favor!” Twilight added.

“And I know they can do it!” Fluttershy said

As the other ponies continued chasing Starlight, Sugar Belle picked up some snow with her magic and turned it into a snow pie. “My newest recipe – snow pie! It’s on the house!” Sugar Belle said as she tossed the snow pie at Starlight, breaking the carrier that was holding the cutie marks/emblems as they fell out and they almost hit the ground, but Starlight quickly caught with her magic.

Starlight continued running away, then she turned around and destroyed the bridge and continued escaping. Fortunately, Party Favor used his balloons and quickly created and new bouncy bridge. While they continued, Double Diamond stopped and looked at some skiing gear and a helmet.

“Whoa! These are my old skis!” Double Diamond said as he looked at his skis. “This is where I first met Starlight!”

“Maybe you can reminisce another time! She's almost to the caves!” Night Glider reminded Double Diamond as he looked back at her saying.

“How about an airdrop!” Double Diamond said as he put on his skis and helmet as Night Glider carried him in the air. As Starlight continued escaping and almost made it to the cave, she spotted Night Glider And Double Diamond in the air as Night Glider dropped him on the snow and it caused the snow to fall on the Starlight. The jars Starlight was carrying suddenly dropped and they broke as the cutie marks/emblems returned to the heroes as they regained their color, but Tails got his tails back, Knuckles regained his strength, Amy was able to smash things with her hammer, and Sonic ran fast as his feet were in a figure 8 motion.

“Yee-haw! Finally, I can buck like a five-bit snake herder in an Appleloosa ranch house again!” Applejack said as she kicked in the air.

“Hey. You also got you countryisms too.” Fluttershy said as the Flicky came back with Spike, who was really worried.

“Twilight, I came as fast as I could when this little bird said the you guys were in some kind of trouble!” Spike apologized.

“It’s alright Spike and it’s a good thing that you came here.” Twilight told Spike, who smiled.

From the snow pile the four ponies backed up a bit when Starlight popped up from the snow with anger on her face as she was about to shot them, but Twilight jumped in the way and created a magic shield to protect them to Starlight shock.

“Wh– I studied that spell for years! How can you—” Starlight stuttered, but was interrupted by Twilight.

“I studied magic for years too! But what I didn't know then was that studying could only take me so far. Each of my friends has taught me something different about myself! It was their unique gifts and passions and personalities that helped bring out the magic inside of me! I never would have learned that I represent the element of magic without the eleven of them! And I certainly wouldn't be here to stop you now!” Twilight told Starlight as her friends walked up behind her, but Starlight retaliated.

“Spare me your sentimental nonsense! I gave these ponies real friendships they never could've had otherwise!” Starlight said.

“How do you know that?! You never even gave us a chance!” Double Diamond yelled at Starlight as she gritted her teeth and while flash shined and when it died out, a small snow crater appeared the last place they saw Starlight.

“She gotten away!” Rainbow yelled as she looked inside the cave.

“We'll never find her in there!” Double Diamond said.

“Well maybe when she comes back, she’ll remember that she doesn’t have to force friendship and become our friend.” Tails said.

“We just have to hope that when she's had a chance to think it over, she realizes that you all have taught her something.” Twilight said to the other ponies.

“It's you who have taught us something. We all came to this village because we were searching for something missing from our lives. We thought Starlight had given it to us, but now... now it seems it was in front of us all along. It's us!” Party Favor said.

“So does that mean you’ll be staying in that village?” Amy asked.

“It's our home. I'm not going anywhere.” Night Glider answered.

“This is a chance for all of us to get to know each other again for the very first time!” Double Diamond added.

“And I finally have a chance to bake something besides terrible muffins!” Sugar Belle said as the four of them laughed. Soon after, a shining light shined inside the empty cave as they walked inside and saw a floating card with a star with a grey mustache.

“What the heck is that?” Sonic asked

“I don’t know Sonic?” Sally answered to Sonic, then she turned to Twilight and asked, “Twilight, can you touch it?”

Twilight nodded and when she touched it, the card floated above her and then, the star appeared in front of them.

“Thank you young heroes. I was trapped in her by Bowser and as a reward for your efforts, I’ll give you a magic and power boost.” the star said as sparkle surrounded them. “I can’t stay here as I go back to Star Haven.”

“Wait! Who is this Bowser guy and what’s Star Haven?” Twilight asked, but the star flew above the clouds.

“This...is...AMAZING!” Pinkie yelled as she began to shake and shot up like a rocket and blasted off into space.

“Is she always like this?” Sally asked as the other nodded in agreement.

“That just Pinkie bein’ Pinkie Sal girl.” Applejack said as Sally put her hand on her chin.

“Hey Applejack. You remind me of a friend of mine.” Sally said to Applejack.

“Oh really? What her name?” Applejack asked

“Bunny Rabbot.” Sally said, then turned around saying, “Well I better go.” Sally said, but was stopped by Amy.

“Hold on Sally! You came all this way just to help us and you’re leaving, can you at least join us?” Amy asked as Sally took a moment, then she agreed.

“Why don’t you guys come back to town while I cook up something that isn’t terrible.” Sugar Belle said

“Yeah, I guess we can stay a little bit longer.” Twilight said

“Ah just hope that Pinkie would be alright in space?” Applejack said as she looked in the sky.

“I wouldn’t worry too much because Pinkie can make friends with anyone like a breeze just like Amy.” Sonic told Applejack as Amy hid her face as she was blushing as they walked back to the village.

Author's Note:

So the heroes returned the cutie marks back to the citizens from Starlight Glimmer, found a star as it floated up in space, Pinkie has blasted up to space, and Sally has tagged along the journey.

However, the incident that happened back at Twilight’s house and with the reason why Sally’s here now, there could be more dimensional rift from other dimension.