• Published 31st May 2020
  • 276 Views, 13 Comments

A not so Deadly Battle - Lieral



Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash and maybe a few guests discuss which character would win in a battle to the death... Or maybe not so to the death like that?

  • ...
 13
 276

Chapter 1- Psychic Nightmare

Author's Note:

Okay, here we are.

I have read many "Death Battle" fanfics that I thought maybe I could try to do one as well, since this is my hobby for a long time already.

But this is a test. I am not certain if this fic will have one, three or twenty chapters. It all depends on the feedback and my personal life as well.

And what better way to start than hitting a bee hive of fandoms?

...

Eyep, I think this isn't going far. I hope you enjoy, please leave a comment below, mainly in this first chapter.

Somewhere in the Land of Equestria there is an closed and dark place where apparently nothing moved or make a sound. It was hard to see anything, the overwhelming darkness hid even the shadows of a single big table, which apparently are the only thing inside such specific place...

"Okay, okay we got the picture," A very distinctly high pitched voice cut off the narrator and suddenly all lights in the room were turned on at the same time. "Who do you think you're surprising with that description? We're not even the main stars today," The owner of the voice said nonchalantly as she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah," A second voice agreed. "Let's put this show on the road already,"

"Well said Rainbow Dash," Pinkie Pie sat down with her Hooves on the table and an big smile on her face as always, a big pile of paper in front of her. "Many fanfics were made in this site. Many amazing stories of romance and adventure. Of friendship and brotherhood. Of horror and perver... You know, let's jump that one. Anyway, and sometimes, we just want something far more simple,"

"Like which character can punch the other stronger," Rainbow Dash hit the table ruining a perfect pile of blank paper that was close to her.

"That's exactly right Dashie," Pinkie Pie took a mug from apparently nowhere and drank the hot cocoa inside. "Questions like who would win in a battle exists since the very beginning of the fiction. And many have tried and answered some of these questions. Then why not us too?"

"You betcha Pinkie," Surprisingly Rainbow Dash nodded solemn and rested her head on her United hooves. "So many people, aliens, ponies and races from so many universes are there, just looking cool, and some still refuses to see their potential to violence. But we won't ignore them. From now on I, Rainbow Awesome Dash and my friend Pinkamena Diane Pie will focus and try to analyze many amazing and unexpected characters and their most interesting and awesome powers and feats to determine who would win in a battle to the death!" Rainbow punched the table and almost split her mug.

"That's not exactly right Dash," Pinkie Pie interjected seriously.

"What? You promised if I help you study and making nerd stuff I could see bloodshed!" Rainbow yelled furiously.

"And I'm pretty sure you will have your chances," Pinkie Pie nodded with her hooves crossed. "But not EVERY battle will end in bloodshed. We're not savages. The circumstances of a battle not always have to led to the death of somepony to determine who's superior. And YES, the fact that some battles will not be to the death CAN and WILL change some results, and we will always talk about it. But I don't want this fic to end up in solely mature rated fics. When people go there they're usually not after battles,"

"Okay, I see your point," Rainbow rolled her eyes. "But we can have bloodshed today, right? C'mon, it's the first episode! We have to make a good first impression,"

"And we will try our best Dashie. And what's better to start than using somepony from our very own world of Equestria?" Pinkie Pie grinned at the camera. "Like our very first frenemy, the one and only, NIGHTMARE MOON! The corrupted form of our beloved Princess Luna,"

"And the Most Powerful Science Project of Pokemon History: The Psychic Pokemon Mewtwo!" Rainbow Dash grinned from ear to ear. "Let's dig around their past and present to decide which is the most powerful creature around,"


"Our story started way before the eternally young protagonist of the Pokemon world was even born," Rainbow Dash spoke with a serious tone. "Deep inside the forest of Amazonia (whatever is this place) a lone Pokemon left behind a small trace of his DNA. That was Mew,"

"After long search from the scientists of the evil Team Rocket they finally found it and started their own journey to create the most powerful Pokemon of them all, and THAT'S today's participant: Mewtwo," Pinkie Pie drank from her still hot cocoa. "Now, don't let the lazy name fool you, if they managed to make him the most powerful Pokemon is discussed nowadays, but boy they definitely did a good work,"

"Mewtwo did not started like the tall and imposing Pokemon he is now. He started far smaller and cutter, sharing his conscience with three other clones like him and more importantly, the mind and conscience of the daughter of the scientist leader dr.Fuji: Ai," Rainbow throw aside the first page of her big pile of notes aside. "She was a small girl whose body died, but her, already crazy by his loss, father decided to force her conscience inside a virtual and shared world until he could create a perfect body for her to live again,"

"And inside this shared world she met the young Mewtwo. She teach him everything she knew about the outside world, the skies and lifes and mainly about the feelings and wonders of a happy life," Pinkie Pie sighed. "But of course, things couldn't just stay this way. Not long after befriending Mewtwo, her conscience started to fade away, and she gave him one of the saddest farewell a kid could ever give to someone,"

"And the young Mewtwo didn't take that very well," Rainbow interjected. "Feeling for the first time the sensation of sadness, emptiness and hopelessness his conscience almost faded away into nothingness too,"

"But Dr.Fuji had finally lost his daughter, and he couldn't just accept the loss of his most precious experiment of all too. So he brutally took away every little memory of the young Mewtwo so he could stabilize again. And from now on, Mewtwo grew alone with the sensation of sheer emptiness and unexplained loss,"

"No wonder he got kinda crazy," Rainbow chucked dryly. "Years later Mewtwo was complete, and the first thing he did was to MURDER every single scientist and destroy the entire surface of the island he stood,"

"He did that using only his sheer psychic powers, and that's definitely not even close to his limit. Mewtwo's arsenal is wide and wild," Pinkie giggled. "See what I did there? Anyway, he can use Psychic, Psyshock, Psycho Cut and many other mental attacks with various effects and functions such as reading minds and attack in the future with future sight. Swift is an attack that basically never miss. Shadow Ball to hit even ghosts, Ice Beam, Confusion, Rain Dance and MANY others,"

"Speaking of Rain Dance," Rainbow continued with a wild grin. "One time he did a Rain Dance so powerful it covered the surface of the Pokemon world on the very first movie. He can also fly, levitate, teleport and many other stuffs,"

"Like Recover his own injuries and Protect himself from damage a few times. And of course, his signature move: Psystrike. An attack that is literally a meteor made of sheer psychic power," Pinkie looked at her companion. "Do you want to have the honor?"

"Thanks Pinkie," Rainbow Dash took a deep breath before almost yelling. "AND THAT WASN'T EVEN HIS FINAL FORM!"

"That's true. You see, a few select Pokemon can evolve even further from their final form. That is called Mega-Evolution,"

"Most Pokemon can only access the mega evolution when sharing a bond with their trainer, with only one exception: Mewtwo himself," Rainbow said proud before turning to look at Pinkie. "Or would be herself? The one we saw using the mega evolution had a clearly female voice, while the one we had been using had a masculine one. Wait, can we even consider that,"

"First of all, yes, it had been implied that there were more than one project Mewtwo, so we usually would have to choose one version," Pinkie Pie turned a few pages. "But this time we are going to look at the maximum potential a Mewtwo can have so we will use what we call 'compost' Mewtwo. Taking feats from various different sources so we can finally determine his maximum potential,"

"For sample, if we take the Pokedex from Mega Mewtwo X we know that Mewtwo's simple grip strength has 1 Ton of force," Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes and read her paper again. "Really? One Ton just by closing his fist? That's ridiculous! And in Pokken Tournament we actually can see that Mewtwo X is capable to stretch his body to reach further,"

"That's truly terrifying, but I dare say that his Y form is even more impressive. Besides the fact of acquiring the ability Insomnia, his Pokedex says that he can compress an entire skyscraper with just his psychic powers. And she can also fly fast enough to see the time slowing down around her and fly to the atmosphere while carrying Genesect," Pinkie cleaned the sweat from her forehead. "But Mewtwo's biggest psychic feat is probably from the Game Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon when using her Y form she helped other legendary Pokemons to STOP THE PLANET TO GET CLOSER TO THE SUN!"

"And in the X and Y manga, Blaine used a Mewtwo that could change between the Form X and Y DURING a battle," Rainbow Dash put her papers down. "It was so worthy bringing this guy to start this. He's almost perfect,"

"Sadly, almost is the perfect word. Mewtwo is not flawless and had been defeated or captured in almost all media's besides movies and Super mystery dungeon. He has notable weakness to Ghost type attacks, Dark and insect too. Without counting Flying and Fairy in his X form," Pinkie Pie took all her notes and put it down. "But it would still need an absurd monster to put Mewtwo down for good,"

"And well, speaking of monsters let's talk about our next competitor," Rainbow Dash throw away the rest of her papers over her own shoulders. "Do you still have cocoa? Mine's over,"


"The land of Equestria. Oh, how much I love it!" Pinkie Pie squealed In delight.

"But things weren't always rainbow and awesomeness or Rainbow Awesome Dash. A VEEEEERY long time ago, the world was tormented by a tyrant, ruthless, cruel, bizarre creature," Rainbow said trying to stop her laugh.

"Wait, wait, wait," Between the two locutor a strange zipper appeared and literally open a space in the air. "It's the first chapter and you're already making fun of me?" The Lord of chaos looked angry at Rainbow Dash. "At least tell everyone I'm nice and sexy now... Wait, I always had been sexy. But you didn't look like you were going to tell nice things about me,"

"And that tyrant was no other than Discord," Pinkie Pie continues as if nothing happened. "That part of the story everyone knows. Two Princesses fought alone against the powerful tyrant until they found the powerful Elements of Harmony and sealed him in stone,"

"Really? That's all you're gonna talk about me?" Discord asked offended.

"Nah, don't worry, you can talk about her with us or wait your time against something weird," Rainbow shrugged.

Discord snapped his finger and after a blink he was sitting in a comfortable red velvet sofa between the ponies with a pair of glasses, tuxedo and a pile of papers. "I will take the offer. I am always in for a chaotic scenario anyway," He smiled as he played with his goatee.

"Anyway, back to the princess. After Discord's defeat, each sister assumed the paper of controlling or the sun or the moon. Moving the celestial orbs EVERY single day," Pinkie Pie said as she gave more hot cocoa to the rest.

"Oh I love that part," Discord grinned and cleared his throat. "But not everything was sunshine and rainbows. Anger and hatred grew inside the heart of one of the sisters. Luna got envious of the love her sister received and ended up giving her heart to the darkness, becoming the one and only: Nightmare Moon,"

"Nightmare Moon is nothing more than the darkness unleashing Luna's true potential, and BOY she has potential," Rainbow Dash said with an impressed nod.

"Right, something that many people usually forget is how powerful the two sisters are, and Luna is not exception. She gained her Cutie Mark when she raised the moon for the first time, but she was already an Alicorn when that happened. And no one talks about it," Pinkie Pie turned her head toward Discord. "Do you have any idea how? They said one must become worthy of being an Alicorn, but what can be more worthy than RAISING THE MOON?"

"No idea there Pinks. I never asked or cared before," Discord said as he drink the mug leaving the cocoa floating on the table as if it was still inside something. "But I know she has all the standards 'I am a powerful' stuff. She can shoot laser beams, teleport, fuse with shadows to move in a different place of reality to avoid attacks, make simple objects become insanely resistant..."

"Like that time when Rarity was possessed by the Nightmare Fog and become Nightmare Rarity and Luna makes AJ's rope so strong and bigger that she throw it on the moon and brought it closer to Equestria so we could go there walking?" Pinkie Pie asked excitedly.

"That is one thing, yes. And that bring us to two other things," Discord lift his finger and opened his mouth to talk...

"The Nightmare Fog and her own ability to make creatures sleep," Rainbow Dash interrupted him and ignored his frown. "The Fog can make every creature be trapped inside a psychological nightmare about their worst fear,"

"Don't even talk about it," Pinkie murmured while hitting the table in a strange rhythm. "But luckily, if the creature has willpower strong enough they can break through it, like we did,"

"But that's nothing compared to her capacity to put the others to sleep forcefully, like she did with DISCORD in the comics," Rainbow said that hitting him with her elbow playfully.

"I hate to admit it, but yes. I can control even the fabric of time, space and even reality, but she managed to put me to sleep against my will and got inside my dreams too. And she also can get inside one's head while awake too, like when she invaded my mind as Accord, the one that wanted absolute order to the multiverse. And that is after her shield blocked completely his powers from reaching her,"

"Her magical power is really something. When Nightmare Moon and Celestia fought so long ago, just a little bit of their magic was absorbed by a passing meteor," Pinkie Pie imitated the tragect of a meteor with her hoof. "And a thousand years later this meteor fell in Applejack's farm and the magic was strong enough to forcefully create life. All the apples of the orchard started an armed revolution to defeat Ponyville,"

"Did you notice that weird problems Are always gravitating around us? Speaking of gravitating, during the comic issues "Reflexes" Princess Celestia was missing for a week, and Luna moved the sun alone while pretending to be her sister and fooling all Equestria," Rainbow Dash turned a few pages and grinned at it. "How do we got fooled by that? Her disfarce was ridiculous!"

"Because you girls are not really smart," Discord grinned as Rainbow glared him furiously. "But as everyone must know by now, magical power is just part of it. Luna is also impossibly strong. She is effortlessly stronger than both Big Mac and Applejack, that can carry an entire house with a few tons while jumping like Pinkie Pie and throw a stone even heavier kilometers away respectively,"

"Oh, hey Dash, remember when King Sombra came back in the comics and you tried to hit an enemy with your Sonic Rainboom? Didn't you miss the target and went straight to Applejack's buck? Didn't her kick actually defeated your Sonic Rainboom and throw you into that jail?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Don't remember me of that..." Rainbow Dash said with a heavy frown. "But yes, that's true, and Luna is even stronger than her. And Luna herself managed to repeatedly scape from my Sonic Rainboom when we got evil because of that weird water too. But wait a minute, aren't we talking too much about Luna and not Nightmare Moon?"

"Yes and no," Pinkie Pie was the one to answer. "The fact is that Nightmare Moon has not many feats before being defeated, but she is basically Luna without any moral brake and even more powerful, so it is not a mistake to talk about her feats as well,"

"Then can we talk about how old she is? (I love calling somepony old) She is the second older Alicorn of all and the most combat focused one too. Before becoming Nightmare Moon she helped Celestia to defeat Sombra and make Equestria a Land so fearsome that the centaur king, Tyrek's father, is simply horrified of the small idea that Celestia would go against his realm, saying that she would 'burn his lands' alone and decided to go apologize personally to avoid a total war because a SINGLE pony was kidnapped,"

"Really?" Both Pinkie and Rainbow asked. "How do you know that?"

"I was there," Discord grinned. "These two definitely make a good reputation back then,"

"Ooookay," Rainbow Dash decided it was best to drop the subject. "I know that even today she still is responsible to hunting big monsters at night, that's how she even met her pet,"

"But one thing must be clear," Pinkie was strangely serious as she said that. "The feats might be shared, but the one fighting is still Nightmare Moon, which despite giving her a few new powers such as resistance to mind control and mind intrusion she still has some real problem with her personality. She's arrogant and self confident beyond any logic, which is never a good idea in this type of scenario,"

"That's true, but it's still clear that she was not kidding when she said she wanted to bring eternal night, because she definitely CAN do it,"

"You better be cautious when dealing with some creature like her," Discord grinned and prepared his fingers. "Or else, this nightmare is the last one you will be seeing," He snapped his fingers and all the lights faded away.


In the dark of a cave lies a lonely Pokemon. Mewtwo had his eyes closed and senses actives. The cave he choose was not uncomfortable, but it definitely was not the best he had ever been.

The sound of a giggle echoed around. Mewtwo knew something was coming, but he was certain it was not a matter of worry for him. He opened his eyes to be received by the wide grin of the playful Hoopa.

"What is your matter with me?" Mewtwo asked using his telepathy.

The small Pokemon let go of a single ring that grew in size until become as big as Mewtwo himself. From there a portal opened and an insane amount of evil energy crossed it. Mewtwo looked at it slightly uncomfortable with his temple trembling with unexplained rage. That kind of malice makes him remember even the darkest of mankind.

And he hated it.

He stood up and slowly walked toward the portal just stopping to give one last look at the small Pokemon that seemed slightly uneasy with the evil energy and he finally understood. Whatever is on the other side might come here, and Hoopa wants something to stop it.

Mewtwo sighed. He won't be able to have a good sleep until he feel he had dealt with this. So, he looked ahead and crossed the portal.

The cross was not uncomfortable for him, and just a second later he stepped out of it. He looked around and found himself inside some kind of very old castle that barely had a roof anymore.

"Who is there?" A feminine but very authoritarian voice asked really loudly, echoing through the entire castle. Mewtwo turned to the origin of the voice and steeled his will. He saw the dark form that was clearly the root of all that malice beside two thrones. "Who dares to stand against Nightmare Moon?" He kept staring her in silence but slightly moved his left hand in small circles. "Thou refuses to tell? Well, we will make sure thou cannot tell anything anymore,"

FIGHT

Nightmare Moon shoot four lasers from her horn toward the Pokemon but Mewtwo easily took flight and avoided the attacks that burned and destroyed much of the room. He looked at her and used Psychic.

Nightmare Moon couldn't see what hit her, but some kind of force exploded on her chest sending her back. She looked at her enemy with renewed hatred in her eyes. Her horn glow and two pillars of the castle were easily broken from their spot and sent them flying to hit Mewtwo, but the Pokemon created a barrier to block the debris. He grinned as the pillars exploded in smoke and dirty without even touching him, but he failed to notice the beam of magic crossing the smoke and hitting him like a cannon.

"SHIT!" Mewtwo cursed as he broke the remaining walls of the castle and was sent to the sky, but not even a second had passed and he had regained his balance. His eyes glowed as he used Future Sight to attack in the future, but barely avoided a second laser shot by the dark Alicorn.

"No running away little one," Nightmare Moon floated until she was staring him in the eyes. The sky turned black with clouds called by both fighters and not long after a heavy rain started to fall.

Mewtwo glared at her and used Swift. A lot of small stars went in straight line in fast speed, but Nightmare Moon laughed before teleporting away. "Childish trick," she as she appeared behind him already shooting another laser, but surprisingly he also teleported and to her surprise the attack she had dismissed not long ago appeared in front of her eyes and hit her, but grinning she took all the attack and laughed, but above her Mewtwo launched a powerful Shadow Ball that hit her back with an explosion of smoke.

"THOU!" She fell in high speed from the impact but spin in the air shooting a far more powerful beam that cut the castle before hitting Mewtwo that groaned in pain as he was sent away to the sky but he stopped his own momentum with his psychic power just to see a meteor getting closer.

He was going to teleport, but Nightmare Moon hit him like a truck with all her body and sent him flying above even the sea of clouds.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" She laughed insanely as the thunders echoed on the background, but a light in the sky caught her attention and suddenly the clouds dispatched and falling like a true meteor Mega Mewtwo X came hitting her back with a powerful spinning kick.

Nightmare Moon screamed in pain as she was sent flying toward the dark forest below. Mewtwo used Recovery and healed his wounds but did not waste any time and used a Psycho Cut that sliced every tree in his way toward the enemy. He took a deep breath before noticing a strange shadow running in high speed through the forest before suddenly disappearing again.

He had no doubt that the shadow was his enemy, so he closed his eyes and focused on trying to read the mind of her whatever she is... But he couldn't?

He opened his eyes in surprise as he noticed that his enemy has an abnormal mental resistance and searched around with his eyes again, but what really caught his attention was a sound just behind him. Mewtwo instantly turned around with a powerful roundhouse kick and another Psycho Cut to take down his enemy, and he finally turned he saw that he was indeed correct and she was there, but he hit nothing.

Nightmare Moon grinned as both of his attacks trespassed her shadow body without damaging her, instead cutting and breaking the ground below. She used this chance to hit Mewtwo with both her forehooves with ferocious strength.

Mewtwo groaned in pain as he was launched to the ground breaking the barrier of sound, but he spin his body and landed on his feet, creating a ridiculously big depression on the ground. He actually used his momentum to spring himself up again with an Ice Punch, but he was received by a strong barrier that blocked his attack.

Nightmare Moon charged her horn but Mewtwo kicked her shield and spring himself back to escape from the next laser, but instead of a laser an strange dark aura surrounded his body and he was thrown away again against the ground, increasing the size of the already insane crater.

The aura kept him in place and soon he noticed why. His new Fighting Type has given him a new weakness that barely was being held by his Psychic Type. A big wave of lasers was suddenly shit by Nightmare Moon like a rain toward his frozen form. So, he closed his eyes again and a new change happened.

Transforming in his other form gave him so much Psychic power that he managed to break free from her magical grip and the lasers seemed in slow motion to him. He elegantly floated away from the lasers leaving afterimages of himself behind and again went toward the sky, but this time he was decided to determine the battle.

The lasers exploded the ground but Nightmare Moon was aware that this was not going to be enough to take her pray down. And she was proven right as a small trace of purple and white avoided her attacks and floated until eye level.

"Changed again?" Nightmare Moon asked with an air of superiority as the thunders roared behind her. She had just tried to put him to sleep, but to her surprise it did not worked, and with a small trace of her old honor she asked. "Futile effort you low creature. But I admire your spirit to fight until this point. What might be your name?"

Mewtwo put both his hands together as if he was charging a Kamehameha, and indeed a blue aura was forming. "I am Mewtwo, the strongest Pokemon of the world. Stronger even than Mew,"

"Whatever is that 'Mew' thing is of no importance. We just wanted to say we will try to remember thou foul name in memory of your brave efforts," Nightmare charged enough energy for hundreds of lasers in her horn.

The two stared each other in silence, but the rain was making more than enough sound. But then, a lonely thunder enlighten the sky.

"AURA SPHERE," Mewtwo sent a wave of aura spheres toward his enemy. Hundreds of spheres of sheer power were shot like machine gun.

"BEGONE!" Nightmare Moon yelled and shot her lasers to counter it, and the sky was painted in dark blue and soft blue from their attacks. Hundreds and hundreds of explosions shook the sky as both opponents charged at each other again.

Swift, Ice Beam, Psychic, lasers, shields, reflects, teleports bucks and kicks. A wild battle took place in the skies amidst the beautiful and deadly explosion of their attacks unfolds in less than a second. Both Mewtwo and Nightmare Moon were hit over and over again by their enemy and the only thing keeping them conscientious was the solo thinking of defeating their enemy.

One last and more powerful explosion separated the enemies. Mewtwo was sent toward the sky where he stood floating while holding his left arm and His right eye was closed due to his wounds. He took a deep breath and used one last recovery while thinking: 'I need to end this now!'

Nightmare Moon, on the other hand, was sent toward the ground where she landed panting with rage. She turned her head skywards and set her mind in a single thought: 'I will end This now!'

Finally both of them charged their strongest attack. Nightmare Moon gathered a simply absurd amount of power on her horn and channelized it with all her feelings of hatred, sadness, envy and sheer will power.

Mewtwo raised his arm and used all his psychic power to create a single giant projectile that kept growing more and more, until the point it got even bigger than the castle below him.

And the last thunder roared.

"PSYSTRIKE!" Mewtwo lowered his arm and yelled as loud as he could with his telepathic voice as his literal meteor of psychic power fell toward his enemy.

"WRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Nightmare Moon also sent all her magic toward the meteor, and when the attacks clashed a big shockwave happened. The sky cleaned as the clouds were destroyed, the castle crumbled and the forest was thorn to pieces around them.

The clash continued for very precious seconds. Mewtwo sweats furiously as he give his all to push his power downwards, and with a final push he managed to make the attack even bigger than before, renewing the last shockwave over and over again, devastating the land around like nothing in their fight did before, and at the same time the Future Sight attack he used at the very beginning of the battle finally hit her that yelled in pain.

But in the next second a laugh echoed.

Nightmare Moon laughed as she put more, more and more power into her attack, pushing the meteor back few by few.

"I-impossible!" Mewtwo groaned as he was pushed back too. "I am the strongest Pokemon of all. I AM MEWTWO!"

"THOU ARE STRONG MEWTWO!" Nightmare Moon gave her last cry and a wave of power covered Mewtwo's meteor and destroyed it completely, following straight to the psychic Pokemon that watched in silent horror as the mortal power covered his body. He screamed in pain as every particle of his body was obliterated by the last attack he will ever be seeing.

The beam of dark magic reached even the moon in a single murderous pillar of power before fading away slowly. Nightmare Moon panted heavily over and over again, but soon a wild grin appeared on her features. "But not strong enough,"

K.O.

"Sweet Celestia, that was crazy," Rainbow Dash said with a shocked expression, but soon this changed to a big grin as she raised her foreleg and opened her wings. "I LOVED IT!"

"That match was interesting in many points, and if you look fast you can even say that Mewtwo would win, and I can't judge you," Pinkie Pie crossed her forelegs thinking.

"Let us be honest here," Discord interject. "Mewtwo apparently held a great advantage in a matter of physical prowess, and to certain extent that is true. Mewtwo X was powerful with that 1 ton grip power, but honestly, that is nothing Nightmare Moon cannot compete. She is stronger than Big Mac, Rockhoof and Applejack, all of witch have feats with tons of force, but we know that grip power is not full power, so Mewtwo could have the advantage here, but she definitely can keep up,"

"The same happens with Speed and versatility," Rainbow Dash decided to take the matter with her own hooves. "Mewtwo Y can even see the time slowing down and reach the atmosphere, but Luna can easily avoid my Sonic Rainboom, and we didn't say that before but she also has her own version of the Sonic Rainboom as shown in Nightmare Rarity, so she clearly can keep up too. And sure, Mewtwo is A LOT more versatile than Luna had ever shown, but that versatility serves nothing if it can't actually take her down,"

"And Luna's shield are reeeeealy powerful, not even Accord could break it, so there's no way Swift or other useful attacks would be able to break it,"

"You might be asking: Hey, Mewtwo can heal or put her to sleep to use his final attack, why didn't he stall her until she dies?"

"First of all, recovery had limited uses and did not heal all wounds, only a part of it," Discord assumed. "And putting Nightmare Moon to sleep would definitely not be a good idea. And other thing is that both could teleport and stop the other from entering in their minds, so a vast part of arsenal is lost there, but what really gives Nightmare Moon the victory was something far more simple. Sheer and absurd power,"

"Let's take a look at their biggest feats," Pinkie Pie make a graphic appear from nowhere with a solar system. "Mewtwo's biggest feats is definitely when he helped to hold on the Pokemon world in place, which is ridiculously powerful, sure, but two things stand out,"

"The first one is that he HELPED. He did not do this alone," Rainbow Dash said. "All the legendary Pokemon from around the world helped in a way or another, including the likes of Xerneas, Dialga and Palkia,"

"Meanwhile, Princess Luna proved she can move the moon AND the sun with her own power. And if Luna can do this, we can't even imagine what Nightmare Moon would do with this kind of power,"

"How do we defeat her again?" Rainbow Dash asked scratching the back of her neck. "Looking at her like this makes this sound so absurd!"

"Absurd or not one thing is clear, Mewtwo could keep up an amazing fight, but in the end, the dreams of the psychic Pokemon were turned to dust against the sheer power of the corrupted Princess,"

"The winner is: Nightmare Moon.


Probably next battle: The Crystal King VS The Ghost King