• Published 20th Aug 2020
  • 273 Views, 2 Comments

Lightning's Birthday Bash (#4) - LightningStar626



Today is Lightning Star’s seventeenth birthday! Karly Crystal, The Rainbooms, and the rest of their friends, plan to make this day the best birthday in a long time.

  • ...
 2
 273

Chapter 12: The Pixels' First Fight!

Chapter 12: The Pixels' First Fight!

"Question number 76: What year did Mexico become independent?"

~The Rainbooms were completely bored out of their minds. As the computer was reading out to them the question twice, they laid on the ground, stumped on it. Suddenly, their wrist calms start vibrating, and the image of Lightning shows up.~

"Girls? You in?"

"We're here, Lightning." Sunset responded.

"Did you find Karly?" Twilight asked.

"Yep. She's safe with us."

~Lightning points her screen into Karly's direction and she peeks into it and waves. Pinkie and Fluttershy smile and wave back.~

"Great! Oh, and uh…, quick question: What year did Mexico become independent?" Rainbow asked while smiling.

"Oh, I don't know…Arianna! What year did Mexico become independent?"

"Um...1820? Or 21? I think somewhere between 1820 and 1825…" Arianna called.

"Let's go with 1821 because that's the only number on here that's in between 1820 and 1825." Twilight shrugged.

"Okay!" Pinkie smiled, also saluting Twilight.

"Press it, Pinkie!" Rainbow exclaimed.

~Pinkie jumps and smacks the button below the number '1821'. The computer chimes in the correct tone and opens the next door.~

"Sweet!" Rainbow cheered.

"Thanks, guys." Sunset breathed.

"Uh…sure. What are you girls even doing anyway?" Lightning asked.

"Answering random questions about history and games in your world." Sunset answered glumly.

"Ah. That would be Devil's booby trap pop quiz. He challenges his intruders with random questions about life in the past, gaming and more…I take it you fell for the trap." Lightning folded her arms.

"Afraid so, How many questions do we have to go through?"

"Around 200."

"What?!" Rainbow groaned. "We're going to be in here forever! We are only on Question 76!"

"Lightning, what happens if we get a question wrong?" Fluttershy asked with worry all over her face.

"I can't remember, Flutters. Something terrible, of course. Just hang in there, and try to base yourselves on luck! We will try to find a way to get to you!"

"Ok, Lightnin'! We'll do our best." Applejack nodded.

~Lightning gives her rainbow friends a salute before cutting out. The Rainbooms give each other a reassuring nod as they go into the 77th question the evil computer has to offer.~

"Question number 77: How many Lego video games have been made?"

The Rainbooms went blank. "Uh…"

~Suddenly, Lightning reappears on the wrist calm and yells out a random number.~

"69!"

~Conveniently, '69' was an option. Rarity presses the button below '69' and the door opens, chiming pleasantly.~

"Thanks, Lightning." Sunset said.

"How did you even know that?" Rainbow

"Wh-what?! Oh! Umm...Know what?" Her voice sounded alarmed.

"You yelled out the answer to our next question." Twilight answered. "How did you-"

"No-nothing! Nevermind! Uhh, nothing! I'm gonna hang up now! Hang in there!"

~Lightning immediately cuts out before things got awkward. She turns to the Pixels, especially Fierra, angrily.~

"NEVER ask me that, again."

Fierra snickered. "If I knew you were going to answer it, I wouldn't have asked."

"Can we just go find the girls and leave this place…?" Karly asked, worried.

Jace put his arm around Karly. "Yes, please, Lightning? I can feel Karly shaking still."

"And my wrists still hurt…" She added, rubbing them again.

"Yes." Lightning nodded. "Come on."

~Lightning motioned the Pixels to follow her and stay quiet. They all lightly tiptoed back to where they came from. Karly was taking alot of deep breaths while she walked, and Jace was comforting her as much as he could. He took her hand and felt a little chill.~

"Wow, your hands are like ice, Karly…" Jace said quietly.

"Was the cell that cold?" Fierra asked, looked back at the couple.

"Yes...the chains were too." Karly shivered.

Jace sighed deeply. "I can't believe Devil did that to you...hold on."

~Jace takes his arm off Karly and stops walking to look down at his jacket. He unzipped the zip of his jacket and took it off abruptly. He then threw it over Karly's shoulders and tucked her hands deep underneath it. Jace then rubbed Karly's arms in an attempt to warm them up.~

"Here. You need it more than I do…" Jace smiled.

"Thank you, Jace." Karly breathed. She softly kissed his cheek, feeling like she loved him.

"Aww, isn't that sweet? Heh heh."

~The lights dimmer then go completely dark. The Pixels' eyes grow and they huddle up together with their backs to each other. They circled the room in search of the voice that said that. All was quiet again for a moment and the Pixels were alone. Or, so they thought. They then spotted the figures of the five minions coming towards them on every side, four of them limping. They were all wearing night-vision goggles so they could see in the dark.~

"Who's there?!" Fierra demanded.

"What's the matter, girl? Are you scared of the dark?" Minion 1 answered, swaying his head back and forth.

"No!"

"Who are you? Wh-where are you?" Arianna asked in fear.

"We are your worst nightmares!" Minion 2 laughed evilly.

"Wow. The minions are really scary when they're drunk." Lightning said.

"We see that you have busted your friend out. Nice. But, I'm afraid this is where you will stop, turn around and go back into that cell." Minion 5 prompted while laughing evilly.

Karly ran behind Jace and Lightning. "No!" She whimpered.

Lightning looked at Karly in fear, then to the minions in anger. "Okay, First, you kidnap me and throw me the worst party I have ever had. Second, you attempt to spoil the party my friends planned for me and attack them. And Lastly, you kidnap Karly, lock her up and make her cry, without feeling any sympathy. That's where I draw the line. Show yourselves and fight me, you drunken cowards!"

"With pleasure."

"Karly. Mirus. back me up."

"Ok…"

"On it!"

~Lightning activates her power and goes into her raccoon form. She clicks the left side of her mask and it buzzes at her touch. A night-vision display illuminates her view, she could see everything clearly again. She navigates through the cluster of her friends, and makes her way over to where one minion was standing. He charges at Lightning only for her to drop and grab him by the waist and throw him over her head.~

"Mirus, heads up!"

"Huh?"

~Mirus looks up to see nothing. It was still pitch black darkness for him and the others. The minion crashed right on top of him and pinned him to the ground.~

"Oh. Right, you don't have night-vision, or any kind of superpower whatsoever."

"You have night-vision, Lightning?" Karly asked, trying to feel her way around the place.

"Yeah, did I not mention that? My raccoon form helps me see better, in the light or the dark, and amplifies sound and smell. And, right now, my nose is telling me that someone hasn't taken a shower in 5 days!"

"They were broken, what do you want me to do? Go outside and bath in a puddle?" Minion 3 shrugged roughly and sarcastically.

"It would be better than not showering at all." Arianna said, clamping her nose. "I can actually smell it now."

"Yeah, and with my super sensitive raccoon nose, it's much worse for me." Lightning shuddered.

"Oh, shut up!"

~Minion 3 growls and charges at Lightning. However, she just stare glares at him, then takes out her blaster and shoots him rapidly. The green laser blasted in his chest and he fell down on his face.~

"Fierra, catch!"

~Lightning tossed her blaster over to Fierra, and she surprisingly turns and catches it at the right moment.~

"Use that if a foe comes running at you!"

"But, how am I supposed to know if the person running to me is a foe?! It could be a friend-Actually, nevermind. I'll be able to tell. Or I can shoot Mirus for being a dip head for this entire time." She pulled a smirk on her face.

~A whoosh suddenly flies past Fierra and she turns around to look for it. Sadly, she could not see it, or anything still.~

"Will someone please turn on the flipping lights?!" She asked angrily.

"O-ok!" Karly and Jace called.

"Watch out, you two!" Arianna warned.

~Jace takes Karly's hand and runs through the battle. He put his hand out in front of him in hopes to feel a wall, or if he's really lucky, a switch. Suddenly, he felt something. He threw a punch and hit something cold and smooth. No doubt it was a wall. He let go of Karly's hand and began to use both of his hands to feel around and across the wall until he felt something out of place. Karly helped too. They searched in the darkness for about 10 seconds until Jace found what he thought was a lever. He felt it first before he touched it, and nodded, being one hundred percent sure that it was a light switch. He flicked the lever upwards and the whole blimp regained light again.~

"There." Jace smiled.

"Ja-a-ce!" Karly cried in distress.

"Karly? What's wrong-"

~Jace stopped in his question and gasped. Minion 4 had snuck up on Karly and grabbed her from behind. He twisted her arms into a hammerlock behind her back and pulled her towards him, making it difficult for her to get away.~

"Help!" Karly cried.

"Back to your cell, Crystal." Themas said firmly.

~Karly's captor began dragging her away to where the cells were again. Lightning saw Karly being dragged but couldn't help her. Minion 1 and 2 were battling her hard, so she couldn't abandon them to help, as much as she wanted to.~

"Karly!" Lightning yelled.

"No! Wait! Hey!" Jace waved his hands in the air to get Minion 4's attention.

He turned around in annoyance. "What?"

"Umm…"

~Jace shook his arms and hands beside him and got into a fighting position. He then stuck his tongue and pulled a nasty, but hilarious face.~

Minion 4 raised a brow. "What? You think that'll upset me? Wow, very mature-"

"INCOMING!"

~Mirus, who was wrestling with Minion 5, suddenly came thrusting in at full speed straight towards Minion 4. They knock him over and he lets go of Karly as he got caught in their fight. Karly immediately rushes over to Jace and hugs him.~

"Thanks, Jace...I guess. You too, Mirus."

"No problem, Karly."

~Karly and Jace both look right to see Mirus just standing beside them, even though they thought they saw him fighting with Portas just a second ago. The three look over and see him actually now fighting Themas. They laughed as they watched them fight, without knowing that Mirus isn't the one they're punching.~

"That was fun." Mirus smiled.

"Oww!" Minion 4 yelled.

"Hey-wait a minute." Minion 5 sees Mirus smiling at him across the room.

"Ha ha. You spent 10 seconds fighting with each other instead of me." Mirus laughed.

~Minion 5 looks down and sees Minion 4 in his hold instead of Mirus. He releases him and growls at the three friends, still laughing at them.~

"Alright, you little sneak, you think you're funny?!"

~He gets out his blaster and aims it straight at Karly, Jace and Mirus. They cease laughing and put their hands in the air.~

"Well, let's see how funny you find it when I knock you out, for good!"

"Yeah! Won't be so humorous, would it?" Minion 4 smiled, as well as groaning off the floor.

~Two green bullets suddenly hit the two minions' legs. They yell in pain and drop down on the ground again to clutch onto them. Fierra stands over them while spinning the blaster on her finger.~

"No one threatens Mirus but me." She said to them firmly.

"Whoo...thanks, Fierra." Jace waved.

"I really didn't do it for you, I just didn't want them to hurt you."

"That's kinda saying you did it for us." Karly raised her brow and smugged.

"Whatever, Karly." Fierra rolled her eyes.

Lightning suddenly comes down from the ceiling. "Ok...that's those two taken care of. That took forever. Are you guys alright? Are we all here?"

Jace began counting. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5-Arianna…? Where's Arianna?!"

"I thought she was with Lightning." Karly said.

"No…"

"Um...guys…?"

~The Pixels turn and see Minion 3 holding Arianna under his arm, the barrel of a blaster aimed at her head too.~

"Help…?"

"Hey!" Lightning glared.

"Ah ah ah. Don't make one step. Not unless you want your friend's head lasered into oblivion."

"You wouldn't…" Karly gasped.

"Oh yeah. Set it to the kill setting. Think it's about time to get serious here."

~Lightning glared and was about to think of something to save Arianna, when everyone hears the sound of screaming behind the nearby question mark wall. The minions look in suspicion.~

"What? Was? That?" Minion 2 asked, getting up from the floor.

~Minion 3 tucked his blaster in his belt and went to the question mark wall. He dragged Arianna with him too. He opens the door but immediately slams it again afterwards. He backs himself away from the door, looking in fear and breathes heavily.~

"What is it?" His mate asked.

"You mean 'Who is it?!' I-actually don't know! But they look familiar!"

"How familiar?"

"Remember Adagio…? She mentioned having enemies...The Rain...Rain…"

"Spit it out, man! The…"

"The...The Rainbooms!"

~The Mane 7 burst down the door and pounced on Minion 3 and Arianna, like a bunch of alleycats. They all crumpled in a pile after they stopped rolling. Arianna, Fluttershy and Rainbow were the first to pick themselves up.~

"Oh, um...We're sorry!" Fluttershy apologised.

"No, we're not!" Rainbow turned to Arianna. "Well, to you, we're sorry. But not to them!"

~Rainbow stood up and went over to Lightning, eyes completely serious.~

"Hey, girls. You made it through!" Lightning smiled.

"Barely." Pinkie shrugged, eyes wide open.

"You have no idea how fast we went through that." Rainbow said, pointing back at the colourful wall.

Twilight nodded. "What I'm the most impressed about is that we got every single question right." She suddenly smiled and adjusted her glasses. "Talk about being lightning smart."

"Well, mostly every single question right…" Sunset noted. "We got the last one wrong."


~The Rainbooms begin flashbacking on the question they got wrong. They were staring at the computer screen, completely knackered. Sunset shook her hands.~

"Alright girls, just hang in there. This is the last question, and when we answer it correctly, we're out of here."

"Finally!" Rainbow sighed in relief.

"Hit us with the next question, computer!" Pinkie glared, while smiling.

"Question number 200: What food is Devil allergic to?"

Sunset perused the four options. "Let's see…"

Pinkie suddenly slides in front of Sunset and reads them aloud. "Peanuts? Cheese? Marshmallows? Or CAKE?" She scoffed, feeling very offended. "AW! Who would ever be allergic to cake?!"

"I'm going to go with Peanuts, since it's a common allergy…" Twilight shrugged.

"I guess...I was going to go for Cheese since it has dairy….Perhaps Devil is lactose intolerant." Sunset suggested.

"Hmm…."

~Twilight, feeling lucky, presses the button beneath 'Peanuts'. The computer flashes red and yells 'Incorrect!' over and over again super loudly. It then activates the booby trap and a pack of party poppers appear from the wall and blow them at the Mane 7. They scream and run around the room, dodging the smoking poppers and covering their ears.~

"Ow! That burns!" Rainbow shouted.

"Somebody turn it off!" Applejack yelled.

~Sunset swipes her arms over her head to protect herself from the poppers as she makes her way over to the button again and quickly presses the button below 'Peanuts' and the poppers go back into the walls. The Rainbooms sigh in relief, with some of them making sure they don't have severe popper burns.~

"Ok, well, we know it's not Peanuts...Strangely." Twilight said.

"Maybe it's Cheese."

~Sunset cautiously presses the button below 'Cheese' and a robotic hand/arm holding a pinata bat comes out of the wall below Rainbow Dash's leg and swings. The bat strikes Rainbow in the knee and makes her wobble to the floor.~

"Ow!"

"Oh my goodness! Are you alright, Dashie?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Here, Let me take a look…"

"Well, the answer ain't Peanuts...or Cheese. Maybe it is Cake?" Applejack shrugged.

"Who is this man?!" Pinkie whispered angrily.

~Applejack nervously pressed the button beneath 'Cake'. They now had a 50-50 chance of getting it right, but once again, they got it wrong. Pink, blue, yellow, orange and green party string was sprayed all over the room, getting in everyone's hair and faces. Everyone screams.~

"Ah! My hair! I just had this combed 1 million times already!" Rarity shrieked.

"I guess the answer is marshmallows." Sunset said, pressing the button and stopping the string.

"Come on, I knew it was marshmallows, all along!" Pinkie smiled.

"Well, why didn't you say anything?"

"I wanted to be sure that cake-hater wasn't actually allergic to cake! Also, I was curious to see the bobby traps! And lucky enough, I needed more party string for my cannon!"

~Pinkie stoops down and scoops up two arms full of the string off the floor, she can not wait to use it and put it in her cannon. Fluttershy, meanwhile, was brushing the string off her shoulders and onto the floor for Pinkie to continue picking it up, She then turns to the computer where a '199/200' score shown on the screen.~

"At least, we have now got through all the questions…" Fluttershy sighed.

Rarity nodded. "Indeed. Now, where's the exit to this-"

"Found it."

~Rainbow Dash points and goes over to the exit door. She reached for the handle but it suddenly began moving by itself and opened by itself. Rainbow Dash looked up and at the person that opened the door, but not for long. They instantly shut the door in her face and she glared at them.~

"Hey!"

"What was it?" Twilight asked.

"One of Devil's minions! And he's got one of Lightning and Karly's friends. Maybe they're in trouble too. Quick! We need to bust the door down and help! All together! One, Two, Three! CHARGE!"

~Rainbow clutched herself on everyone's arms and made them charge at the door. The Mane 7 burst down the door and pounced on Minion 3 and Arianna, like a bunch of alleycats.~


"Now, we're here." Applejack finished.

"Devil is allergic to marshmallows. Really?" Lightning laughed. "I never knew that."

"Girls! The minions are getting back up again!" Karly exclaimed.

"Right."

~One minion reached out to grab Karly but she ducked away, avoiding the guy's grasp, Lightning charged and headbutted him out of the way. The rest of the Rainboom agents also charge in, and the Pixels too.~

"Oh no." The minions glup.

"13 against 5, baby!" Mirus smiled.

"Actually...it's 25 against 13. Baby." A familiar evil voice laughed.

"Oh no!" Lightning said, instantly knowing whose voice that is.