• Published 20th Aug 2020
  • 272 Views, 2 Comments

Lightning's Birthday Bash (#4) - LightningStar626



Today is Lightning Star’s seventeenth birthday! Karly Crystal, The Rainbooms, and the rest of their friends, plan to make this day the best birthday in a long time.

  • ...
 2
 272

Chapter 1: Meet the Pixels!

E.Q.U.E.S.T.R.I.A Spies: Lightning's Birthday Bash (#4)

Chapter 1: Meet the Pixels!

~Lightning Star was fast asleep in her bed, snoozing away. She was wishfully dreaming about laying on a soft, grassy hill as the sunshine shined down on her. Lightning watched in amazement as the warm light came so sudden and brilliant. She closed her eyes and slowly breathed in and out the fresh, florid air around her. All she wanted to do was relax.~

"Ah…! This is the life, huh? Nothing could possibly ruin this perfect dream."

"Happy Birthday, Lightning!" called a loud, high-pitched voice.

"Aaaahhh!"

~Lightning jerked awake, her eyes wide with fright. Pinkie Pie, holding a miniature party cannon, gazed down at her with a lovable smile. She pulls the string attached to her small cannon and it blasts confetti all over Lightning and her bed sheets. Lightning silently blinks a few seconds, before she chuckles and wipes the confetti off her shoulders and head.~

"Thank you, Pinkie, but it's like 4 in the morning…"

~Lightning points to the wall and she and Pinkie both look at the clock hanging off of it. It read 3:57am.~

"I know. I wanted to get up early and plan your party straight away! It's the first time me and the others are celebrating your birthday, so it's gotta be good!" Pinkie smiled and threw herself into Lightning's face.

"Well, wake me at 8, no, 9am so you can get 5 hours of sleep and get ready for the party…" Lightning replied, placing her finger on Pinkie's nose..

"Okie-Dokie!"

~Pinkie bounds out of Lightning's room and waves her goodbye. Lightning smiled and was about to fall back into dreamland when she sees Karly Crystal leaning by the door, arms folded and smiling droopily.~

"Pinkie woke me up. Happy birthday by the way."

"Thanks. Well, I don't think I can actually go back to sleep now that I'm awake. I might as well double-check to see if they're coming or not…" Lightning reaches to the side of her bed and pulls out her laptop.

"Ok. What's the plan, anyway?" Karly softly asked.

"We'll see wherever the wind takes us. And whatever everyone wants to do." Lightning yawned.

"But, Lightning, it's your day. You should do whatever you want to do."

"Sometimes I don't know what I want to do. But, all I can think of is having a party."

"Of course. Hm. Well, I guess, yeah, just go wherever the wind takes you. Anywho, I should get some sleep. See you in 5 hours…" Karly waved to Lightning and made her way to the door.

"Yeah, see you."

~With that, Karly leaves Lightning's bedroom and closes the door. Lightning stares at the door then looks down at her laptop for the rest of the night. 5 hours later, Lightning was still sitting on her bed and tapping on her laptop, the clock suddenly chimes 9'o'clock. She hears a knock and the Rainbooms walk into the room, starting with Sunset, followed by Rainbow Dash, then the rest.~

"Morning, Lightning." Sunset greeted.

"Happy Birthday!" Rainbow exclaimed.

~The Mane 7 cheer and give Lightning seven presents, each from one of them. She puts the presents down on the floor beside her bed.~

"Whoa, Thanks, guys!" Lightning smiled.

"The Chief left you a present too." Sunset tosses a pair of socks at Lightning and they land on the duvet.

Lightning frowned a little. "Oh, socks, thanks. I'll um...put it with the rest."

~Lightning opens one of her desks draws and everyone looks in it to see more pairs of socks, all labelled from Steven. Lightning throws in the new pair and closes it quite quickly.~

"As for the other presents, I'll open them later…"

"Why not now, darling?" Rarity asked, rather shockingly. "You seem like the kind of person that would love opening presents at the beginning of her day!"

"I want to wait for everyone to get here." Lightning simply replied.

"Everyone is here." Twilight noted.

"Not everyone. Not this time." She winked.

"Ok, well, when will they be here?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know. I'll say less than an hour. Let's just get everything ready until they do arrive."

"Ok! I'll get Stitch and Spike!"

~Rainbow Dash strides out of the room and runs diagonally straight to Stitch and Spike's room.~

"Stitch? Spike?"

~She barges through the door to see Stitch laughing and Spike whimpering at something on the television. The lights were turned off so the only light in the room was the TV's. Rainbow peeked over the dogs' heads to see a horror movie playing on screen. Suddenly, a jump scare appears and Spike yelps and disappears under his blanket.~

"Run, scared people! Monster's gonna get you!" Stitch continued to laugh.

"Oh my goodness, I can't watch!" Spike whimpered.

"Uh...Hey...guys!"

~Rainbow Dash turns on the lights and Stitch abruptly turns the TV off. Spike pokes his head out of the covers too and looks up to make eye contact with Rainbow.~

"Oh, hello, Rainbow!" Stitch barked.

"What's up?" Spike asked in relief.

"Lightning wants us to set a few things up for her birthday, can you give me a hand...or paw?" Rainbow shrugged.

"Wait...Lightning's birthday is Today?! No way! Me forgot to get her a present!" Stitch's mouth dropped in dismay.

"I didn't know today is Lightning's birthday?" Spike said.

Rainbow was confused. "How could you not know? She told us all last month!"

"Sorry, but...me gotta quickly get Lightning a present. Yeah! Me gotta get her a nice present! See ya!"

~Stitch embarrassingly scurries away under Rainbow's legs and out the door.~

"I better go with him too. Sorry, Rainbow." Spike said.

"It's ok. I could probably get everything set up by myself in 10 seconds flat anyway!"

"Good luck!"

~Spike quickly follows Stitch out the door. Rainbow shrugs it off and starts to walk and hum a song the band sang. As she continues walking upstairs into the music room, she sees a stranger lounging on Pinkie's drums while playing on her phone. She had long, sleek blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail, fair skin and blue eyes, like Lightning and Karly. She wore a blue sea necklace and a frilly-like shirt, same colour plus a bit of yellow. A purple skirt, long purple socks and simple school-like boots.~

"Hey, stranger, going through our instruments, wait, stranger going through the instruments! Security breach!"

~Rainbow Dash panics and presses a nearby button that locked and barred all the doors and windows. Blasters appeared from the walls and aimed at the stranger, as she dropped her phone without saying a word, very startled. Everyone hears the alarm and commotion upstairs.~

"What's going on up there?" Sunset asked.

Back upstairs, Rainbow glares at the blond girl. "Don't move. What are you doing here?!"

Before the girl could speak, Lightning flew in front of Rainbow. "Rainbow! Slow your role."

~Lightning roughly and quickly got changed and raced upstairs. She stares at Rainbow and the stranger in confusion. She then realises who the stranger was and presses the button to remove the blasters. She points at the stranger and does an introduction.~

"This is not an unidentified intruder, this is Fierra. And you can identify her as one of my old friends."

~Lightning proves this by showing Rainbow Dash an old picture of her, Karly, Fierra and three unknown teenagers.~

"'Old' isn't really the word I would use." Fierra said, crossing her arms bluntly.

Lightning shrugs. "You prefer childhood, don't you?" She leans into Rainbow's ear. "She's serious about everything." She whispered.

"Sorry, sugarcube, but we heard everythin' downstairs, how exactly did she get in without settin' off any alarms?" Applejack inquired, coming up the stairs along with the others.

"I scanned my old friend's handprints in the security system so they can get in." Lightning explained. "Well, they can't now since someone yelled 'Security breach!' and put the room into lockdown…!" Lightning slowly turns and glares at Rainbow.

"Sorry. I didn't know." Rainbow shrugged as her cheeks turned red. "Wait, 'scanned their handprints in the security system?' Does that mean…?"

"They know you're spies?" Sunset asked, finishing Rainbow's sentence.

Lightning nodded. "Yes! They know everything. Us being spies, my tragic backstory, our enemies, All."

"Yeah! And I would love to post about my awesome friends saving the world online, but nooo! It had to be a secret!" Fierra complained.

"And another reason why you haven't is because if you do, we are going to have to erase your memories about everything you know. You will even forget your own name." Lightning smiled, getting all up in Fierra's face.

"Don't make me think about that."

Karly sighed. "Why did we ever tell her about us being spies?"

"We didn't, Karly, Mirus did! He was the one that found out about it first!" Lightning sighed as well. "It's a long story, Rainbooms, maybe we'll tell it to you one day...But right now, I gotta find a way to deactivate these doors."

Twilight steps forwards. "Yes, we need to quickly try to turn off the system before any more of your old friends arrive."

~Twilight was about head back downstairs but she stops when the doorknob shakes and mysterious voices are heard on the other side of the door.~

"Oh no, the door's locked." One of the voices said softly.

"Alright, we'll just have to bust our way through! Jace, can we use your head as a battering ram?" The second voice said happily.

"No way! This noggin' is supposed to keep me smart until college…" The third voice said sternly.

"Oh well, you have the thickest skull. Charge!"

"Wait!"

~The door of the music room was suddenly busted open. Shouting and crashing through the door were 3 teenagers, 2 of them were holding 1 of them who looked dazed and ill.~

~The dazed teenager was male, around the age of 17. He had dark brown, curly-like hair. His eyes were brown and were spinning all over the place. His clothes were a plain white shirt under a hooded red tartan jacket with fur on the collar, brown jeans and a belt.~

~One of the other teenagers was also a boy. 15 years old. His green eyes were as bright as an emerald. He wore a solid green v-neck t-shirt with two yellow bolts ironed onto it, he wore black jeans alongside them. His hair was a mixture of gold and yellow, and was quite messy. He looked down at the girls because he was tall. Very tall for a teenager. Taller than the Rainbooms, even if they were wearing heels.~

~The last teen was a girl. Also around 17. She had similar hair to Lightning, but a bit longer and darker. Her skin was brown and she had brown eyes too. She wore a pink, fuzzy jumper, red square reading glasses, and simple navy blue jeans. All these teenagers looked around in awe until the dazed one spoke crookedly.~

"Ow…" He groaned and tried to turn to the tall teenager. "Mirus…"

"Relax, The pain will go away in a sec." He reassured him.

Karly and the Rainbooms looked shocked and Lightning raised up her finger. "...Actually, I don't think that'll now be necessary. Guys, meet mine and Karly's old friends. Together we're called the Pixels."

"As in...?"

"Yes, as in Pixel High School."

The tall teen looked at Lightning and dropped the dazed teen to greet her. "Hey, Lightning, Happy Birthday! Squeeze!"

~This Mirus boy softly tackles Lightning into a hug, giving her the element of surprise and no chance to explain anything. He then lifts her up a little and squeezes tighter, almost fracturing her back and arms.~

"Aah...ok...Mirus!" Lightning choked as Mirus held her in his chest tightly.

"Oh, sorry. Heh heh."

~He backs away from Lightning and throws his arms behind his back innocently. Lightning fixes herself and clears her throat before pointing at each of her friends to the Mane 7.~

"This is Mirus. The tall, energetic guy of the group. He's basically the Pinkie Pie of the team, but sometimes, he's a little stupid."

"Hey…" He suddenly realised Lightning called him stupid so he turned to her, a little annoyed. "Hey!"

Next, Lightning darted her eyes to the dazed teen on the ground. "This is Jace. Karly's boyfriend and the trustworthy, loyal one. The Rainbow Dash of the team, perhaps. Or Applejack."

"Hello." He slowly waved at The Rainbooms from the floor. "Any friends of Lightning and Karly are friends of mine…"

Karly happily rolls her eyes and helps him stand up. "Yeah...He's mine…"

Jace rubs the back of his head. "Heh heh. Hey, Karly! Great to see you!" He and Karly embrace each other and the Rainbooms smile.

Lightning, finally, turned everyone's attention to the last teen left. "And finally, this is Arianna, She's the one I met first. She's shy…but, you can get along with her just fine. She has a heart of art, music, drama and-."

"Thank you, Lightning. But that's enough about me...I don't wanna make anybody feel bad..." Arianna blushed.

"She also knows a lot of history…" Karly added.

"She knows exactly what happened during the Cold War, not a single detail left out." Lightning also pointed out.

"Ok, girls, thank you…" Arianna blushed harder.

"Well, it's nice to meet your old buddies, Lightning and Karly, But, is that everyone?" Sunset asked.

"Who's coming to the party: Yes. All of our old friends: No." Karly responded, somewhat sadly.

"We have another boy in the group named Rolt. But he's busy, so he can't make it. But it's ok, the 13 of us should do." Lightning smiled

"So, what are we gonna do first?" Jace inquired.

"I don't know…I never planned anything except a party." Lightning shrugged.

Pinkie jumped on Lightning's back. "Then, let's get it started!"

~Pinkie blasts a few times out of her cannon and makes the room sparkle with colourful gifts, balloons, and other party decorations, officially starting the party. Lightning chuckles and claps happily, seeming like she is having a good time, but then she ceases and gives a worried face.~