• Published 26th May 2020
  • 1,859 Views, 89 Comments

Blood Moon - The_Darker_Fonts



After an attack on him and his friend, a colt is stuck unable to return to what he was, and now must learn to create his own family.

  • ...
8
 89
 1,859

Interjection 5: The Invasion

His smile was crooked, he knew it, but that was fine. Moonlight of the waning moon lit his face, his features half in shadow and half in the light, the blood of the stallion beneath his hooves blending with them. The warmth of fresh blood called to the depths of his soul, a stirring of fire in his heart, but a temperate push into himself. Still, in spite of his control, he couldn’t push down that twisted smile down even as he turned to his soldiers, knowing those disturbed glances at each other were directed to him and not his mutilated victims.

Finally composing himself, he commanded one of the watching stallions, “Prepare a division of five thousand soldiers to defend this position and our supply line while the rest of us head onward. Hopefully we will still catch them by surprise, even if we didn’t enter so quietly…”

“Y-y-yes sir,” the commander agreed, his eyes darting between the gored bodies and his bloody smile.

As the stallion turned to leave, Trinity called to him, “Oh, and tell the others that it’s feeding time. I’ve finished myself.”

Trinity turned back towards the valley, the trees broken by small little clusters with tiny sparkling lights like stars on the ground. Beyond the tiny villages, he saw the walls of Grandshire and its blazing street lamps, taverns and hotels glowing with light even at this hour of night. By this time tomorrow, he would be sure nothing of that town glowed but its embers.

He moved to step forward when sudden movement caught his attention. Just a few spans from the torn body he had just discarded, another older stallion was attempting to subtly drag himself out of harm's way. His back left leg was shredded, but otherwise it seemed that Trinity’s rampage had left him in a recoverable state. A mistake he knew he had to fix.

Stepping towards the stallion, he ignited his horn, lifting the stallion off the ground with his black aura of magic. The stallion writhed in pain as his shattered leg hung limply in the air, swaying slightly as Trinity turned the stallion to face him. A gasp of pain escaped the stallion as he was jerked towards the unicorn.

In spite of his pain, the stallion managed to spit, “Fifty stallions is hardly the challenge you’re gonna face in Grandshire!”

“Oh I hope so,” Trinity responded eagerly, licking blood from his lips. The stallion’s eyes widened as he saw the sharp teeth within his captor's mouth. Noting the stallion’s reaction, Trinity smiled broadly, a slight crooked tilt to it even as he asked, “Did your grandmother ever tell you the stories of little colts who never returned from the forest?”

Without waiting for a response, Trinity lunged forward with his mouth gaping, locking his teeth around the windpipe of the stallion. As soon as he had his grip, he ripped the hard cartilage out, tossing the piece aside carelessly. Letting the body drop, he slurped up the fresh blood around his lips, cleaning his teeth with his tongue as he slowly stared up at the moon. He would pay for that one day.

His smile was crooked, he could tell, even as he moved away from the bodies, but that was perfect.

Author's Note:

Yeah, there is a reason this story has the most red tags.