• Published 16th May 2020
  • 1,584 Views, 10 Comments

Confessions - Mystic Sunrise

  • ...
20
 10
 1,584

Bath Chats

Sci Twi sighed in delight as she slid into the expansive Royal Bath and Spa's tub. Her wings unfurled without her needing to tell them too. She was getting much better at controlling them. "I swear. I might just move to Equestria just for this."

Twilight giggled as she slid into the water across the tub. "Rarity said the same thing when she first came here. Of course, she'd never abandon Ponyville's spa. No matter how much she might say otherwise."

They both giggled at the thought. "Do the girls know I'm here? I'm still not sure how I feel about knowing them as well," Sci Twi continued.

Twilight nodded. "They know you and Sunset are both here. I had to make Pinkie Pinkie Promise not to barge in here and drag you both to a Welcome to Ponyville Party. Or another one for you." She gently. "They do care for you."

Sci Twi nodded as she sank further down. "I know. And I do care for them. Heck, they made me welcome as much as the girls at Canterlot High did when I first met them."

Twilight nodded. "All of Ponyville is like that. They don't call it the Friendliest Place in Equestria for nothing. And it has nothing to do with me living here either before you say anything."

Sci Twi rolled her eyes. Her eyes drifted down to her Pearl Necklace. An idea came to her at that moment. Closing her eyes and bringing a hoof to the pearl, she concentrated for a moment.

Twilight watched, her own smile growing, as Sci Twi transformed herself into her Mermaid Form and the glasses vanished from her face. Twilight swore that she was the most beautiful thing in Equestria when in this form.

But she was biased, so others might say otherwise. And she would call them a bunch of dumb dumbs.

Sci Twi sighed as the glow faded and she opened her eyes. Unfurling her fins, she shook her hair out. "That's better. I've always felt like I should be in this form whenever I'm in the bath. I don't know why, but it feels right," she explained, relaxing entirely.

Twilight nodded, as she poked her own necklace. "It might be that this was the first form you ever changed into. Not counting becoming a pony. We still don't know a lot about these, and our trip to Mount Aris didn't add anything to what is known."

Sci Twi nodded, not totally surprised. If she was being honest, she was glad this had been what she had become that day on the island. The Little Mermaid had been one of her favorite movies growing up. Maybe that had something to do with it. "I think mom and dad would flip if they saw me like though," she giggled.

Twilight giggled too. "I bet. How are they taking all of this though?"

Sci Twi sighed. "They're still trying to get used to it all. Shiny's still in denial a bit, but he's coming around. He's still sore about how Crystal Prep lost the Friendship Games. But after what Dean Cadance told us happened between them and Principal Cinch, he's on thin ice as it is."

Twilight frowned. She still couldn't believe her brother would act like that, and to his own sister no less. It was far too close to the Canterlot Wedding mess with Chrysalis for her, and from what she knew, there had never been anyone named Chrysalis that had been involved in this.

Sci Twi could see the look in Twilly's eyes but didn't mention it. There were still things about each other that they were learning. She had a feeling that this was one of those.

Het tail twitched. This was getting down fast, and that wasn't right. This was supposed to their time. To relax and have fun. The time they barely had normally. It wasn't supposed to be serious. But what to do about that?

A devious thought came to Sci Twi's mind at that moment, as she looked at Twily, deep in thought.

Twilight squawked in shock and surprise as a wave of water crashed down around her, soaking her to the bone. Peeling back her soaking wet mane, she found Sci Twi giggling at her. "Did. Did you just splash me?"

Sci Twi just smiled innocently, her eyes alight with barely contained mirth. "Maybe? What are you going to do about it, Sparkle?"

Twilight's eyes widened, but then her gaze turned devious. "Oh, so that's how it's going to be is it?" Touching a hoof to her necklace, Twilight changed herself into her seapony form. "Well, two can play at that game!"

Sci Twi just smiled, as she readied her tail for another attack. "Bring it on, Book-Horse!"

Twilight just grinned. "You'll regret saying that, Purple Smart!"

The air was soon full of the sounds of playful splashing and the laughter of two friends enjoying each other's company, without a care in the world.

***

From outside the door, Sunset listened as the sounds of splashing and laughter filled the air. It made her smile in a way she hadn't in a long time. She almost wanted to go in and join in on the fun. But she didn't. It wasn't right if she barged in on their time together. They barely got any it seemed. Something that wasn't a problem for her and Sci Twi.

But it did make her heart ache. She had made peace with the fact that it would never work out between her and Princess Twilight. But it didn't mean she had to like it. And it made her wonder if there was anyone for her?

She knew several others who swung the same way she did. Several of the Rainbooms liked girls like that, though they refused to say who if any had caught their eye. And Sunset wasn't even sure if she should at the moment, let alone with one of her friends.

She wasn't that desperate for love and to be loved. Was she?

***

Twilight sighed, as she laid her head against Sci Twi's chest, allowing her marefriend to stroke her mane lovingly. "I miss doing that. Just having fun and not caring about what anyone thinks about it."

Sci Twi nodded. "No kidding. I used to do this all the time with Cadance when I was younger. Then she found my brother..."

"And the rest is history," they finished together, giggling

Twilight looked out across the tub. "I and the girls come here and do the same sometimes. Just for the heck of it. Especially if Rarity and Rainbow Dash can find time for a break."

Sci Twi looked at her quizically. "Why didn't you invite them? I wouldn't have minded."

Twilight sighed as she looked at her. "Because I just wanted to spend this time with you. With everything that happened recently. it's put a lot of things in perspective for me. It reminded me that we don't spend enough time together. I want that to change."

Sci Twi kissed her nose. "You know I'm not going anywhere? I'm not leaving you, Twilly. Not now. Not ever." She held the alicorn close. "You gave me everything I needed, when I needed it the most."

Twilight smiled as she let herself relax. "I know. That's not what I'm worried about. Princess Celestia is giving me more and more responsibilities now, Princess Luna is even showing me how she moves the moon every night, and Cadance..."

Sci Twi had an idea of what she had in mind. "She wants you to spend more time with Flurry Heart? She wants you to really know your niece?"

Twilight nodded. "Sunburst can't keep up with her. Starlight knows him better than I do. But even I can see the bags under his eyes have bags. He won't last much longer, we all know it. So we've started the process of transferring the title of Crystaler to me."

Sci Twi frowned. She didn't know the pony in question, but he sounded nice. "Does he know about this? Do they want you to move to the Crystal Empire?"

Twilight shook her head. "Sunburst's the one who suggested we start the process. Nopony is suggesting anything about him, but even the crystal ponies can tell he's on his last legs. He's even talked of moving to Ponyville once this is completed."

She chuckled. "And as for me moving to the Crystal Empire? Cadance and I are working on a way to connect the Castle of Friendship to the Crystal Palace, and not have me vaporized or dumped in the snow outside the empire by the Crystal Heart."

Sci Twi gave her a concerned look. She knew just about the Crystal Heart to know what it was capable of. "Could it do that?"

Twilight shrugged. "We don't know. But nopony wants to take a chance that it could happen. And I'd rather stay unvaporized if it's all the same to you."

They both giggled at that, before lapsing into silence once more. Twilight settled her head on Sci Twi's chest, letting her body relax and allowing her tail to intertwine with Sci Twi's.

"When you said you would move to Equestria, did you mean that?" Twilight asked after a time.

Sci Twi nodded. "I mean it. Maybe not for just this room, but I mean it. Sunset's already said she isn't staying once we graduate from Canterlot High. For all she has with our friends and what's she built, it's not her world, and she knows that. She has family here, and I know she wants to reconnect with them."

Twilight looked up at her. "And what about you? What about your family?"

Sci Twi shook her head. "Let's not kid ourselves. I'm immortal, eternally young. I'll look the same in a hundred years as I do now. How am I supposed to explain that? How do I tell them that I'll never be like them?"

Twilight gained a look of concern. This too had crossed her mind. "You don't think anyone would tell the wrong person do you?"

Sci Twi shook her head. "Not from Canterlot High. Everyone is too nice. And even the few who still don't like Sunset, don't dislike her to that extent."

Twilight blinked in confusion. That was news to her. "I thought Sunset had everyone's trust after that Battle of the Bands? We did."

Sci Twi rolled her eyes. "One girl I know, Wallflower Bush, still isn't over what Sunset used to do. We have a Gardening Club together. She told me once, and I believed her. She sounded so sure of herself. I know she won't spill any of what's happened to the government. For all she doesn't like Sunset, even she can't bring herself to do that."

Twilight thought about this for a moment. The name didn't ring any bells to her, but that was nothing new. She still only knew a few of the students at the school super well. The name didn't sound familiar either for anypony in Ponyville. She'd ask Pinkie just to be sure.

Sci Twi looked down at her, stroking Twilly's mane. "How did you handle it? How do you keep going knowing that?"

Twilight sighed as she looked up at her. "I've been an alicorn for four years now. I knew what it meant when I became one. Yes, I will mourn them, and a part of me will always miss them. But to stay in the past, to not make new friends and move on, is an insult to their memory."

She giggled as she booped her. "Besides, I'm the Princess of Friendship remember? I'm basically friends with everyone. If I spent all my time mourning those who die, I'd never get anything done. And I happen to like getting things done!"

They both broke into a fit of giggles for a moment, before Twilight slid up Sci Twi's body, and kissed her, one the girl was happy to return.

"My advice? Don't think about what the future means. Make the most of the time you have with the girls and your family. Don't forget what they mean to you. Those memories will keep you sane," Twilly said after the pulled apart.

Sci Twi smiled, as Twily pulled the two of them closer. She laid her head on the pony's shoulder, as the princess stroked her hair. "And remember. You will always have a place here. If you ever need to escape whatever your world becomes, know there is home always here for you," Twilight whispered.

Sci Twi nodded, even as she began to nod off to sleep, the feeling of being like this relaxing her entirely.

Author's Note:

I admit that Sunset's bit at the end was inspired by a talk I had with The Asper Pariah about whether Sunset would find love in this universe or not, since Princess Twilight is taken.

All I will say, for now, is that she will find a girl to love. I even have an idea of who it is. But I'm not saying anything more about it for now.