• Published 9th May 2020
  • 186 Views, 2 Comments

Popcorn and Zoey. - Popcorn Pony



Pocornia, savior of the timeline has been tasked with using the orb that almost destroyed her timeline. Unbeknownst to her, she will make a mistake that will send her on a series of adventures with a strange creature...

  • ...
 2
 186

Season 1, episode 2, Whats this?

Sapphire hastily opened the home's screen door. "Pocornia, listen to me. This is not what we should be doing!"

Pocornia growled as she hauled the unconscious winged creature into the house. "Its, the, right, thing, to do!" She huffed.

"We have no idea what that is, what if its dangerous!" Sapphire countered.

Pocornia dragged the creature into their living room then carefully positioned it on the couch, resting its head under a soft pillow. "It might be dead, i dunno..." She mentioned as she covered the creature with blankets.

Sapphire watched Pocornia as she tended to the creature. She quietly considered the unprecedented situation, for she knew that nothing like what Pocornia had just dragged into their home existed in Equestria. "What is it?"

Pocornia silently replied with an uncertain gaze.

"Don't you think we should tell the princesses?" Sapphire questioned.

Pocornia shook her head. "I can't make another trip to Canterlot right now, but what I can do is get Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie to send Princess Twilight over here, it'll have to wait till the morning tho." Pocornia answered.

"uuuhhhhhggghh." The creature groaned.

Sapphire widened her eyes, covering her shocked face with her hoof. "Its waking up!"

"Shhhh!" Pocornia countered.

The creatures tightly gripped its face and groaned loudly. "Ugggh...what, where..."

Sapphire felt her body shake while she watched the creature awaken, it moved its lengthy limbs around and flexed its incredibly large wings. "Its going to hurt us!" She squealed as she ran into the kitchen.

Pocornia quietly watched the creature awaken, it threw the blankets off and setup on the couch. "Do you want food or a hot drink?"

The creature hung its head while it rubbed its eyes. "All I remember is a shock, what happened?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Pocornia flatly answered in a dull tone.

The creature lifted its gaze to Pocornia, she stared at her for several seconds before quirking an eyebrow at her "What are you?"

"I'm a pony, what are you?" Pocornia replied, her squeaky voice sounding saturated in bewilderment.

"Ponies do not talk." The creature rebuked.

"Maybe they don't where you come from..." Pocornia contested.

The creature reached for its offended ears, the piercing pitch of the pony's voice agitated it to no end and she did not want conversate with such a simple farm animal any longer than necessary. "Stop squawking pony!"

Sapphire peaked from around the kitchen corner. "I told you it would hurt us!"

"Don't worry, I got it." Pocornia replied. "What are you, whats your name?"

The creature centered its gaze on Pocornia. She thought the mare gave off a peculiar impression with her long blonde hair that puffed up at the ends like popcorn balls. "What are you?"

Pocornia sat down then unfurled her wings for show. "My name is Pocornia and I am a Pegasus." She answered before turning to point out Sapphire whom timidly hid around a doorways corner. "And that is my wife Sapphire and she is very scared of you so if you could smile and wave, that would be great..." Pocornia explained in a gimmicky tone before letting her voice trail off.

It did not know where it was or how it had gotten there, what the first thing it needed to do or what events were going to come to pass so it settled for taking a wait and see approach to the situation it was in. With that in mind, it waved a hand at Sapphire and smiled. "Hi...I'm not going to hurt you, my name is Zoey and your name is Sapphire?"

Sapphire nodded at Zoey. "What are you, why did you have a sword?"

Zoey rested her hands on her knees. "I am a Valkyrie...I was home until a bright green light surrounded me. I panicked and rushed for my sword before it overwhelmed me."

Pocornia anxiously rubbed the back of her head. "Um..."

Zoey looked down on Pocornia harshly, giving her a set of dagger eyes. "You..."

"It was an accident!" Pocornia sheepishly confessed.

"She didn't know what she was doing, we swear!" Sapphire cried.

Zoey stood up from the couch, clenching her fists as she flashed her teeth between her stretching lips. "I ought to smite you where you stand!" She growled.

Pocornia flailed her front legs wildly as she stumbled backward, landing hard on her rump as she scooped her own puffy tail up to use as a shield. "Why would we take you from your home, we didn't know, we swear!" Pocornia shrieked.

"I have traded blows with armies from far away lands, spilled the blood of knights upon scorched battlefields, countered magic so terrifying that its use would be deemed punishable by death AND YOU A MERE PONY expect me to believe that you brought me here by accident?" Zoey shouted, leaning over her, speaking softly with scorn. "Do you take me for a fool?"

Pocornia arms and legs shook, she hastily reached for a bowl of Mac and Cheese left out by Sapphire and presented it to Zoey, holding it before her angry eyes. "We were trying to help you!"

Pocornia peered into Zoey's eyes, trying to rationalize the Valkyries anger. Just as she went to speak, she heard a loud ding and watched Zoey's eyes roll back into her head as she collapsed to the ground. Sapphire stood over Zoey, clutching a frying pan for dear life. "This chick is crazy!"

"Um, Um, um..." Pocornia stuttered.

"Tie her legs up and we're put her in the basement!" Sapphire anxiously suggested.

Pocornia decided not to debate the issue with Sapphire, not that she thought she needed think it over much given that the Valkyrie intended to do her harm. She helped Sapphire secure Zoey with a power cord, the two of them proceeding to manhandle Zoey down a flight of stairs. "Lift your end up!" Pocornia stated, like her and Sapphire were moving a packed possession into storage.

"What are we going to do with her?" Sapphire asked.

"I should have listened to you, she is dangerous and I have to get the princesses involved fast!" Pocornia admitted.

Author's Note:

Okay so, things are starting to settle down a bit. The world is crazy enough as it is right now, but things on my end have been truly insane with work, family things and other things. I'm sure a lot of people are in this position. I am learning how to use a video program called shotcut so I can start making youtube videos about writing fiction. I don't think I am a amazing writer, in fact, I think my writing is...flawed, but I do think I "hit a gem" at times...I think others could benefit if I talked about writing.