• Published 9th May 2020
  • 185 Views, 2 Comments

Popcorn and Zoey. - Popcorn Pony



Pocornia, savior of the timeline has been tasked with using the orb that almost destroyed her timeline. Unbeknownst to her, she will make a mistake that will send her on a series of adventures with a strange creature...

  • ...
 2
 185

Introduction.

Author's Note:

This in not the sequel to Popcorn. This is a intro to a separate mini-series I have planned after I complete my OC's novel, Popcorn. I plan to write this in the form of episodes like the MLP show rather than chapters in a attempt to keep wait times between episodes short. If you reading this and have not read any of my other work, please do so. However, reading Popcorn is not essential to understand this mini-series, but certain things I have planned will be written under the assumption that you have a fundamental understanding of certain characters, how I portray them, and their relationships. Obviously, Pocornia and her friends being a big one!

Pocornia combed her hair, watching herself take care of her beautiful blonde popcorn puff ended mane. "Brush, brush, brush...brushy, brush, brush." She rhythmically chimed. "I like to be brushed..."

"Popcorn!"

Pocornia turned to the doorway, Sapphire, her lawfully wedded wife stood there. "Good morning sweet heart."

"Hiiiiieeee!" Pocornia replied, smiling widely and warmly.

Sapphire smiled, she always admired Pocornia's occasional child like demeanor. "I made breakfast, come and get it when your ready."

"Did you make food for the kitty?" Pocornia asked worriedly.

Sapphire dismissively waved her hoof. "Oh no, I let him out so he could do his thing."

"Oh okay." Pocornia replied.

Sapphire went downstairs while Pocornia continued to brush her hair. "Brush, brush, brush, pretty ponies brush their hair..." Pocornia sang happily.

A wonderful scent lofted within Pocornia's range of smell. She put her brush down then made her way downstairs and entered the kitchen. "Mmmmmm, I know what that is!" Pocornia happily declared.

"Blueberry pancakes with a banana oatmeal mix mash layerd with maple syrup, your favorite!" Sapphire acknowledged.

Pocornia smiled ear to ear, her eyes widening with delight. "You know me so well."

Sapphire brought her hoof to her mouth. "Oh I am so silly, I forgot your orange juice sweet heart. I'll be right back." Sapphire dashed out the front door, knowing time to be short. She needed to know her wife would be ready for the day that lay ahead of her, making her way to the garden alongside their home. She plucked a few oranges, spotting a brown eight legged arachnid roaming the garden. "Hey, go back inside."

The spider's length resembled a dinner plate, it hastily raced back inside the home alongside Sapphire who quickly juiced the oranges for Pocornia. "So, tell me about your day again."

Pocornia's did not respond, making sure to chew the pancake that filled her mouth.

Sapphire looked over her shoulder at Pocornia. "With the princesses and that magic ball you used to save every pony?"

Pocornia gulped her mushy pancake down then went to speak. "Princess Celestia wants me to master the orb so I can use it to fight the Dark Pony if he ever shows up again..."

"Oh, right, yeah that..." Sapphire hesitantly replied.

"Whats wrong?" Pocornia inquired.

"Oh, its nothing." Sapphire sheepishly answered.

"I know when your not being honest..." Pocornia retorted.

"Well, its just that I don't think messing around with an object that can alter time is a good idea!" Sapphire argued.

"and that is why she wants me to do it, I already have some experience with it." Pocornia defended.

Sapphire leveled her eyes with Pocornia's gaze.

"The princess will listen to you, tell her you don't think its a good idea." Sapphire suggested.

"Sapphire, we live under a benevolent yet autocratic monarchy..." Pocornia countered.

"Meaning what?" Sapphire rejected.

"Meaning...I can't tell a princess no when she tells me to do something and neither can you." Pocornia explained.

Sapphire clicked her tongue. "I'm sure if you said you wanted to spend more time with the mare you love, she would understand."

Pocornia scratched her chin, uncertain of how to respond until it finally hit her. "But the mare you love is a hero now...but i'll find a way to do both!" Pocornia confidently cheered.

Sapphire watched Pocornia scarf down her meal and juice then followed her throughout the house as she packed a bag, pleadingly begging Pocornia to stay home. Pocornia made her way to the door, turning to give Sapphire a kiss on the cheek. "I'm a hero now, but I'll find a way to play with the orb and keep you happy. I promise!" Pocornia happily chimed.

"Okay..." Sapphire muttered.

Pocornia went outside, Sapphire shutting the door behind her. Sapphire made her way to the living room window and watched Pocornia walk down the street. "Well...when she says she'll do it all, she normally does, but I still want her home with me." Sapphire thought.

Pocornia continued down the street, walking along it as the sun shined down on her, butterflies floated around her, the cooling wind softly blew against her. She started humming a soft tune, gradually breaking into a dance as she walked. "Nah nah nah knee nah nah, I'm a hero pony, Nah nah knee nah nah, on her way to Canterlot Nah nah nah knee nah nah, maybe i'll make some friends!"

Pocornia looked around while she walked, noticing the healthy green grass, the pretty flowers and the many insects moving, jumping, buzzing all around. As she neared a turn in the road, bushes ahead of her began to rustle. She neared the rustling bushes, looking at them suspiciously. A bright pink pony leaped out from them, landing in front of her. The pony was a mare and she had a serious look on her face, Pocornia did not know what the pink mare was about to do, but it was clear to her that she was about to do something. Pocornia watched the pink pony's squint her eyes, grit her teeth, snarl her lips and nose, drawing a long breath of the fresh Equestrian air before shouting "NYAGH!"

Pocornia mirrored the pink ponies facial expression, shouting "NYAGH!" back at the pink pony.

"NYAAAGH!" The pink pony fired back.

"NYAAAGH, NYAAAGH, NYAAAGH!" Pocornia retorted.

"Hi Popcorn." The pink mare replied.

"Hey Pinkie, whats up?" Pocornia asked.

"Oh...I was just looking in the bushes for something to do." Pinkie answered.

Pocornia gave Pinkie Pie a empathetic look then asked. "Are you bored?"

Pinkie hung her head low. "Yes..."

"Want to come with me to Canterlot to see the princesses?" Pocornia asked.

"I'ed love to!" Pinkie Pie cheerfully declared.

"Great, lets go." Pocornia said, moving up the path with Pinkie Pie alongside her.

"Why do the Princesses want to see you, Popcorn?" Pinkie Pie asked.

Pocornia went to speak. "I..."

"Is it because you used your knowledge as a entrepreneur to create a self balancing unicycle you could have built at a low cost making it affordable to every pony?" Pinkie asked.

Pocornia gave pinkie a humored look. "No..., but that is a good idea."

Pinkie went to speak. "Is it..."

"Alright, we are going to do this the whole way to Canterlot because I want to hear all of the silly guesses you can think up." Pocornia said, adding a delighted giggle.

Pocornia and Pinkie Pie continued their journey, Pocornia listening and laughing at all of Pinkie Pie's absurd guesses on why the princesses of Equestria wanted to see her...