• Published 26th Apr 2020
  • 565 Views, 4 Comments

Operation New World - BlackDawn



What happens when a stable full of pre-war technology

  • ...
1
 4
 565

Chapter 4

“Please follow us Doctor Hooves, We need to get you and the rest of the council members to the council chambers.'' The two synthetic guards begin to motion the doctor out of the room, one going ahead of them and peeking his head out of the door to ensure the immediate vicinity is secure.

The sudden movements from the synthetic guards seemingly caught the Doctor off guard, and he tripped over his own hooves.

“Watch it! I can walk by myself, I don't need you dragging me!” The doctor spouts angrily at the guard beside him, losing his composure before he picks himself up. With a swipe of his hoof to wipe off nonexistent dust from his lab coat he turns his head to face me and Onyx.

“As for you two we unfortunately do not have the time to refreeze you, nor can I take you with me to the council chambers, security measures, you understand.” he turns back to the exit whilst using his magic to press a few buttons on his pipbuck.

Immediately after he stops pushing buttons four more guards teleport into the room, surrounding Onyx and I. Their sudden appearance causes me to jump with fright, but Onyx seems completely unphased, instead opting to instead push his side against mine and take a defensive stance, a protective snarl beginning to take place on his face.

Despite the aura of intimidation he is exuding, I feel oddly calm at his side, seeing how his stance is aimed at protecting me as much as possible, rather than himself. I do find his attitude rather odd, seeing how I had practically just met him, we haven't even had a full conversation yet!

In response to Onyxs Sudden moves, the guards collectively turned and faced us. raising their Laser rifles towards us, they begin to threaten us with them, trying to cow Onyx into submission. He remains undeterred,however, and simply snarls more aggressively.

Doctor White Hooves, seeing the sudden conundrum we were in, simply chuckled to himself before deciding to turn around and remedy the situation. He signaled to the guards to lower their rifles and as they did, he turned to face Onyx.

“Calm yourself Major, these guards are here to escort you to a secondary location, merely to ensure your safety.” With a couple more taps on his pipbuck, I hear a ding from my own pipbuck. I raise my pipbuck to my face, trying to keep the fords in my line of sight, and spot a sort of checkpoint on the map leading deeper into C.O.R.E. territory. Out of the corner of my eye however, I notice that Onyx hasn't calmed in the slightest, and in an effort not to lose the only allies we have, I lean down and whisper into his ear, hopefully being quiet enough so the guards around us don’t hear me.

“Listen, Onyx, i know we all just met each other, but it's probably in our best interests to go with the gua-” Onyx cuts me off in an aggressive but just as quiet whisper.

“It's like you said, we just met each other, and I have no reason to trust any of them!” I stumble a little bit as he pushes himself against me just a tad harder.

“Well for someone who doesn't trust people he just met, you're awfully close to me right now.” I say in a hushed tone, attempting to subtly signal with my eyes to him the non-existent space in between us. Fortunately, he seems to get my signals as he turns his head in my direction, allowing him to see the lack of space between us, causing him to blink a couple of times in confusion.

“I-ah didn't realize- sorry.” he mutely replies, his posture quickly relaxing as he takes a couple of steps away from me, with a slight sparkle coming from his cheeks, all the while looking anywhere but me.

“Thank you, Lieutenant Gadget, it would have been quite... troublesome if we were to lose the two of you.” Doctor white Hooves says with a spin as he heads to leave with his escort.

“Escort them to the secondary location you four, we don't have all day now.” are his final words as he leaves with a slight jog out the room.

The guards turn to me and Onyx, before signaling us out the door.

“Like the doctor said, we don't have all day.” and with that they led us out into the white, smooth hall. Onyx and myself exchanging brief glances before following them out the door into the smooth, white halls, red emergency lights going off above us as our only source of light, the guards however seem completely undeterred as their synthetic eyes glow softly, apparently some form of night vision as the guide us to our safe room.

Onyx Presses his side against me as we walk in the dark halls, his slender form seemingly doing wonders for my nerves as I do my best to keep my eyes on the guards in the flashing red lights.

We continue for some time, I'm not sure how long, before we hear the first gunshots, followed by rapid laserfire, with a symphony of loud erratic screaming. The guards, previously holding a slow pace, quickly speed up, Onyx having to lead me as I quickly lose sight of the guards, rounding a corner only for Onyx to pull me back as a gunshot rings out and pings against the wall near me.

“In the name of the S.S.C. you are to lay down your arms and surrender to us imm--!” gruff voice demands from around the corner as i finally spot the dead bodies of our Security Detail, both with clean rounds to the head, sparks and blood flowing from the wounds, before he is cut off by a loud warcry.

I peek around the corner as Onyx zips past me into the hall, watching as Ironclad Ponys Charge into the ranks of the S.S.C, their Magically charged swords cutting through their armor with ease, The S.S.C. retaliating with incendiary shotgun shells, those not able to shoot them throwing hoof grenades down the hall into the veritable horde of ponies charging towards their position.

“Blue!” I snap to attention as Onyx Shoves the laser rifle into my hooves, by the time I look back up at him he is already blasting the rifle indiscriminately down the hall into the mosh pit of ponies.

Aiming my rifle down the hall, i can't help but wonder what the fuck i've gotten myself into, joining my Ally in engaging the mess down the hall.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, this year has been crazy on my personal life, i'll be trying to update more frequently in the future.