• Published 24th Apr 2020
  • 440 Views, 4 Comments

One pony's gain, is another pony's loss. - Midlight



the story of Princess Twilight Sparkle's big day. there's jealousy, fighting, friendship and of corse, love. enjoy!

  • ...
6
 4
 440

Chapter 1

Princess Twilight Sparkle was a nervous wreck on the morning before her wedding.
She still had so much to do to make it perfect.
Her navy blue, purple and pink streaked, mane and tail hadn't been brushed for a couple of days and the bags under her eyes were darker than the colour of her violet coat.
She had been invited to the spa, by her good friend Rarity, to relieve her stress, but she was still fussing over the wedding plans.
The wedding would last four days, with different events on each.
Each day she was to wear a different coloured dress, to symbolize the events that would take place.

The first day would be the day the Bride and Groom would celebrate, separately, the fairwell their last days of being single.On such a day she was to wear a dress of yellow for the new beginnings.

The second would be the day of the reception. The day of the marriage.
A dress of white was to be worn for the reception and afterwards a dress of, light red, symbolizing love.

On the third day, was the day SunBurst would be crowned, Prince.
To this she would wear a purple dress for Admiration, dignity, respect, and royalty.

And on the last day was the day they showed their kingdom their new Rulers. The final dress would also be purple.

Twilight had yet to make sure, Rarity had them finished. The flowers and food were taken care of but she was still worried that her parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light, would not arrive in time.

Twilight was going over her list for the third time, when a knock came at the library door.
"Knock knock?"
A white coated mare entered.
Her pure purple mane was tied up in a messy bun and she looked as distressed as twilight.
"Rarity! Just the mare I needed to see!"
Twilight trotted over, still levertating the list with her purpley pink magic.
"I've been looking over this list, and i may have given you the wrong colour for the third dress-"
"No, twilight." Rarity interrupted her friend with a tired smile.
"We had this conversation, just yesterday. I've been up all night redesigning that dress."
Rarity let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes.
Twilight sigh in relief."thank you, rarity. I knew I could count on you."
"It's fine, Dahling."
Twilight smiled at her friend, she'd known for about 10 or so years now.
"I hope you don't mind, but I invited Fluttershy and Pinkie along."
Rarity used her own light blue magic to take the list off twilight, and lay it on a desk nearby.
"It shall be quite relaxing and my mane needs some urgent care-" rarity stopped and looked back at her friend before she left the room. "And I see yours does too." she giggled.
"Rarity, i can't go."
"What?"
Rarity poked her head back into the room, a surprised look on her face.
"I'm very busy and have a lot to work on before this wedding is ready. You and the girls go, and enjoy yourselves."
Rarity's face scrunched up into a scowl.
"You promised, you'd go to the spa today."
"I know rarity but-"
"You pinkie promised."
Once rarity interrupted twilight, reminding her of her promise, the sound of a pony running towards the castle could be heard.
Soon enough, and bright, pink, bouncy hair mare, burst in through the library doors.
"Did someone say, 'pinkie promise'!"
The pink pony was, Pinkie Pie, Ponyville's clown, party thrower and a jolly good laugh.
She was also another of twilight's close friends.
"Twilight!" Pinkie looked at her friend, with a hit of hurt in her pretty blue eyes.
"You broke a Pinkie promise?"
Twilight looked at her friend. A "Pinkie Promise" was an unbreakable Promise that, if broken, you'd have to face the wrath of Pinkie herself. It went something like this:

cross me heart and hope to fly,
Stick a cupcake in my eye!

"I'm really sorry, Pinkie, i need to get everything ready!"
Pinkie scrunched up her muzzle, much like rarity had and walked towards Twilight.
"Uh, Pinkie? Please Pinkie, it's not my fault! I- Ah!"

Author's Note:

I may have taken the dress idea from a book I read, but I feel like this all happening in one day wasn't really working.

i hope you liked this chapter, i think i'll make another very soon.

Toodles!