• Published 12th Apr 2020
  • 259 Views, 0 Comments

Nights of Canterlot's Grand Barrel Bar - NatetrixNarratorBro



Read the incounters of the Bar. Conversations, and more. Who will Natetrix (the bartender) meet in his bar tonight?

  • ...
 0
 259

Starlight

Nighttime, yet another quiet night but mostly another one of those nights where ponies just drank at their tables, playing cards or even having a good time with a group of friends. Residents of Canterlot come to this particular bar to just get comfortable and take the fine sip or more of the beverages that the Grand Barrel Bar has to serve.

Behind the counter, however, serving the fine alcoholic beverages is not your average bartender but Canterlot's friendly neighborhood Anthro Cat, Natetrix. The one gray cat that can surely bite, but Natetrix is more than listening cat. To those that sit near his counter, he will most likely want to listen to a pony's problem or stories, then Natetrix would be curious to talk to them about it, whenever if it is a story or just a situation that there struggling with.

On the other side of the fine counter and only one on the other side of Natetrix's bar counter is a unicorn pony with a pale pink coat and with a purple mane with light blue highlights, taking a long sip of her wine in her glass. The unicorn was exhausted and her mane was in a nice ponytail, but the tiredness shown on her eye sockets doesn't stop her from talking to her friend behind the counter serving her fresh wine.

Natetrix and Starlight were talking, enjoying a nice friend to friend time with each other. Starlight Glimmer only knew little to little about the anthro cat, only for a quite while though after the whole war between Equestria and the darkness army eruption of disaster knocking down their front doorstep. As disaster did knock down the door, the mane six and a good luck charm of a cat who stops the darkness from takeover all Equestrian Magic. Pretty soon after that, Natetrix was given a chance to live a normal life and make friends while doing so in Canterlot. Natetrix bump into Starlight while another party was set in Canterlot Castle and had little moments and time to talk before Starlight quoted the "I need to go to the restroom." after that Natetrix didn't see her through the whole time while he was at the party.

But now they both are here, the same place, and same time spending time together while they have a drink, well just one friend though is drinking at this perfect night.

"So how the school, a.k.a the school of Friendship going for any and all creatures of Equestria?" said Natetrix cleaning up a tray of wine glasses that were brought to him by one of his workers outback. Starlight chuckled and press the wine glass that she had just finish drinking wine from, and sliding the glass to Natetrix.

"It's been pretty fine, most of the students are happy to have great teachers, and their grades are doing really well, and soon Applejack's sister will be running as a substitute teacher for the school." Starlight said, smiling as her smile made bartender cat smile back at her while Natetrix, was cleaning swiftly Starlight's glass.

"Do you like your job well as Head Mare?" ask Natetrix.

Starlight put her hoof on her chin and wave her other hoof as a motion. "Well yes, I mean I can't believe still that Twilight trusted in me to run her whole school of friendship." Natetrix put Starlight's wine glass inside the counter on his side, and perks back up to clean the rag in his paws to wipe the counter. The bartending cat Natetrix, look at Starlight with a face to tell her something look.

"Twilight puts a lot of trust in you to run her school, you are a great friend of Twilights, so I wouldn't see why she would put you as Head Mare of the school." Starlight strolls her eyes a little, her eyes wandering a little, looking down at the counter.

"Yeah.. your right on that" Natetrix turns his head at Starlight, her smile fade to a frown and the face of a concerned look on her face.

Natetrix put the dirty wine glass back on the tray and pays attention to Starlight, seeing her this way now made Natetrix frown a little as well, as his cat ears lowered and the swaying back and forth of his tail stop.

"Your alright?" ask Natetrix, as Starlight slides her off softly in a circle on the wooden counter.

"No, it's just something comes to my mind every time. It's that I think about that day when I made that choice to take Twilight's hoof to.. have my whole life change." Starlight said

"And what is that something that comes to your mind?" Ask Natetrix putting his arms on the edge of the bar counter, to show Starlight he's very much paying attention. Starlight let out a sigh and look at Natetrix.

"In my mind, I think about how many ways that could have possibly been different if I haven't taken Twilight's hoof and-" Starlight sighs again and looks away a little from Natetrix. "I just can't shake that thought. If I never accepted friendship, then I would continue my old ways, and still would be taking Equestrian magic for myself and could have done harm to ponies.." Starlight was still facing away from Natetrix. The Bartender cat could hear Starlight's sniff and cry.

Natetrix wasn't going to let Starlight get away with the hiding trick from him. Placing the rag down on the counter, Natetrix walk over to the other side of the counter and to Starlight's crying softly, she felt the warm arms of Natetrix wrapping around her back and softly Natetrix pat her back gently.

"That's in the past now, and it's something that you shouldn't be worried about. What matters most is you're here now. With great friends to mean family to you." Natetrix stops hugging Starlight seeing her expression of sad in front him up close. Natetrix put his paws on her shoulders and tilt his head a bit slightly. "To me, you're a great pony that sticks up for their friends more than anything, a kind and talented unicorn you are, you show that." Starlight smiled once again, a joyful feeling to Natetrix to bring him smiling again as well. Starlight wipe a tear off her cheek with her hoof.

"Thank you Natetrix, I really appreciate you talking to me about what's going on in my crazy mind." Starlight chuckled and Natetrix leans back up and puts his arms around his back.

"You're welcome Starlight. Also, I think you should talk to Princess Twilight about this as well, she would understand as well about this and can be more help then I am." Natetrix said as Starlight put a hoof up to make a motion with her hoof.

"No Natetrix, you have been a big help tonight, but I will talk to Twilight when we meet again next month." Starlight said hopping off the stool of the bar and standing on four hoofs, Natetrix just stood and nod his head. Starlight was about to leave when she turned to Natetrix, as for Natetrix was on the other side of his work area once again.

"Natetrix?" Starlight asks as Natetrix ears perk up to look towards Starlight direction and nod his head to her.

"I'm glad Twilight let you stay in Canterlot with her, you're a really good friend." Starlight said, opening the bar door and turn one more time to Natetrix, as he smiled.

"Have a good night, Starlight," Natetrix said with a gentle tone of voice, waving his paw slowly at Starlight.

"You too, Natetrix."