• Published 22nd Aug 2012
  • 1,667 Views, 30 Comments

A Tale Never Told - TimeFactor



A group of ponies uncover a sinister plot in Canterlot.

  • ...
0
 30
 1,667

Possessive

"Hurgh...! Once more...! C'mon...! Ah! There we go!"

After spending hours traversing an overly long tunnel, the Doctor and Derpy entered Canterlot Castle's armory through a secret entrance. It was disguised as one of the racks for storing the Royal Guard's uniforms. The upper half had the helmets, galeae with either light indigo-portage or geyser-white feathers for the crest. The lower half had the armor which covered the chest and back portion of the body. Moving the rack itself proved difficult as the Doctor requested Derpy's assistance. There was a switch disguised as a torch holder, but the door had not been used for such a long time that it would no longer open automatically. Nevertheless, the pair was able to physically open it after three extremely forceful shoves.

Thankfully there were no guards on the other side, much to the relief of Derpy who feared accidentally getting arrested. The Doctor was the one to reseal the passage while Derpy looked around the room to browse its contents. There were many more racks for the other guards, all of them divided according to which faction he belonged to. The eastern wall where the pair emerged from housed the more commonly known gold version of the armor. The western counterpart housed the black and indigo variation used by guards under Princess Luna's command. This section, unlike of the room, was now a work-in-progress; it had previously fallen into great disrepair. The wall paint was chipping and the chains supporting the shelves were rusted, but at least the equipment was properly restored. This was probably due to Princess Luna's return after a millennium-long absence from the throne which resulted in her faction being disbanded or merged with Celestia's.

The area in between near the entrance to the south stored armor for the independent nightwatch, a rhino black piece that had the helmet's crest slicked back. Towards the back were three individuals racks that contained special, custom-made armor and weapons for the captains. Derpy took notice to the center one, the one with a small plaque labeled "Shining Armor".

"Find something interesting, Derpy?" the Doctor asked as he rejoined her. He too began examining the racks though in a more admiring fashion.

"Uh... Don't all the captains have a special emblem on their chestplate?"

"Mmm... Last time I checked, yes."

"Then why is this Shining Armor guy missing his emblem?"

The Doctor politely asked Derpy to move aside so he could get a better look. The mare was correct. Shining Armor's emblem was indeed missing. The Doctor glanced left and right to check the other captains' chestplates; their emblems were left intact. Upon closely inspection of Shining Armor's piece, the emblem seemed to have been forcefully removed as there were slight scratches that could only be made by certain maintenance tools. Strange considering no guard would ever have a reason to possess one while on duty.

"That is strange... But why would somepony steal an emblem? As far as I know, all emblems of the Royal Guard are made of the same material..."

"Maybe Shining Armor's was special?" Derpy suggested. "He is a captain so maybe he got special privileges?"

"Hm... Perhaps, but searching for a missing emblem is not why we're here. It's this Mi Amore Cadenza."

"So are you gonna tell me what we're going to do or am I just going to get dragged into another life-threatening situation like usual?"

"Well...what do you prefer?"

Having the Doctor as a best friend was extraordinary considering his mysterious background, but even Derpy felt it was annoying at times. Near experiences with drowning, suffocation, and incineration are among the many situations she had gotten herself into thanks to being with the Doctor. In fact, Derpy would not be surprised if she suddenly woke up one day to find herself tied up and hanging upside down over a vat of a toxic waste. These bizarre situations had practically become a lifestyle for her, but at least she could count on the Doctor (and occasionally some other ponies) to rescue her every time.

"...Let's just get this over with..."

Derpy proceeded to the armory's front door and peeked through the window. Outside was the castle bailey though it seemed nopony was around to guard the armory. It was already nighttime so most ponies would be going to sleep or enjoying the nightlife right now. Derpy could only see the nightwatch unicorn making his rounds across the training yard. Opening the door would probably create an audible noise so the pair would have to be quick if they did not wish to be spotted. Allowing the Doctor to make the call, they both waited for an opportunity to move.

"And... Go, go, go!"

Once the guard was far away and had his back turned, the Doctor quickly opened the door just enough for him and Derpy to pass through. Like they expected, the door made a creaking sound that the guard surely heard. Derpy quickly took cover inside a large bush while the Doctor stayed behind a few extra seconds to lock the door and draw away suspicion. Luckily, the stallion managed to dive out of sight and run behind the building by the time the guard arrived to investigate.

From their respective hiding spots, the Doctor and Derpy watched the guard use an illumination spell. Derpy remained safe as the bush covered her shadow, but the Doctor's would surely be exposed if that light came from a different angle. He could hide in the row of bushes in front of him but there was no guarantee the guard would ignore the brushing sound and neglect searching the bushes. The easiest solution was to simply knock him unconscious or wipe his memory. The sonic screwdriver had the potential for the former, and the Doctor's special abilities allowed him to perform the latter. But there was no predicting what would happen once he woke up or if another guard noticed he is missing.

"Come on now... Just pull the handle and leave..."

The guard tugged the handle to find it locked, but he still keep the illumination spell activated and continued looking around for trespassers.

"Chirrup?"

The Doctor looked up and was amazed to see an extremely rare creature perched on a tree branch with its head tilted and staring curiously at the Doctor. It was an adult phoenix, a species of magical birds possessing fire-related abilities. Like a flame, its feathers were bright red and orange. Even though it was night, the phoenix was still clearly visible though it was not exactly glowing like a candlelight. Seeing this rare sight before him gave the Doctor an idea.

"I'm in a predicament here." he said mentally. Telepathy was another one of the unique abilities the Doctor possessed. "If you could chase away that guard, I'd be eternally grateful."

The phoenix looked towards the guard and then back to the Doctor. "Are you here because of Princess Cadenza?"

The Doctor nodded.

"Very well. Make your way to the eastern tower, the one with the sunflower spire. There is something you should see."

"Thank you kindly. Do you have a name, Miss?"

"Philomena."

Philomena took flight and alerted the guard by screeching and rapidly flapping her wings, pretending she had detected a disturbance. Knowing the major importance of this bird, the guard dissipated the illumination spell and chased after her. Once he was gone, Derpy emerged from the bush and rejoined the Doctor.

"Telepathy?" she asked. "It's been a while since you used that one."

"I know. I almost forgot I could talk to animals! Hahaha!"


-----


"A large object you say?"

Bon Bon and Vinyl were speaking to a pair of guards currently making their rounds together in the castle's interior. The mares had asked about the whereabouts of Vinyl's "special surprise" describing it as a "large object with a sheet covering it". The pair had spent hours searching the castle of where it could possibly be located. They were positive they had searched a majority of the castle. The only places off-limits to them were the Princesses' bedrooms and private chambers—the reason was obvious, the basement, and certain towers. Reasoning that they were running out of options, the pair resorted to asking for assistance.

"It's really important." Bon Bon told the stallion. "We've already tried every open store rooms and found nothing. Please..."

The guards looked at each other and discussed their day, trying to recall ever seeing an object matching the mares' description. While the stallions conversed, Bon Bon glanced at Vinyl who was not even paying attention. The disc jockey's head was lowered and staring at the floor, lamenting over her loss. She had barely spoken ever since the pair left Pinkie Pie at the castle gardens. Bon Bon had attempted to cheer up the unicorn with smalltalk, but the lacking knowledge of Vinyl's interests prevented any progress. The earth pony at least tried to retrieve information about the belonging's actual appearance so she could properly assist, but Vinyl stubbornly refused to answer. However, the disc jockey did provide an explanation for why she was upset.

The item technically did not belong to Vinyl, at least not fully; she only provided the concept. It was a collaborate effort for entertainment amongst various ponies across Equestria. Money for development was provided by a wealthy sponsor in Los Pegasus, research was carried out by a scientist residing in Manehattan, and consulting advisers came from other major cities such as Vanhooyer, Fillydelphia, and Baltimare. As the project was a few days from completion, news of the upcoming Royal Canterlot Wedding began spreading. Not long afterward, Vinyl was requested by Pinkie Pie to help host the wedding's reception. Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to release their grand achievement, the project's entire staff agreed to unveil their creation at the wedding.

As Vinyl would be the first one to arrive in Canterlot, she was tasked with transporting the project. The others would follow based on when they could get time off from their jobs. However, they were expected to arrive by evening on the wedding day at the very latest. Having to face and severely disappoint all of these ponies discouraged Vinyl. This was the biggest responsibility she had ever received and now had to accept the fact she blew it.

"What's the point...?"

"Oh yeah!" one of the guards suddenly exclaimed. "I overheard two of my fellow comrades arguing with a mare when I was making my afternoon rounds in the east wing. They claimed to have been ordered by Princess Mi Amore Cadenza to dispose of a 'large object', but the mare insisted that it belonged to her. I know it was...improper of me, but I continued listening. She seemed to have put up quite a fight, not physically of course. She provided a very strong argument, even threatened to take up this matter with the Princess if it continued. In the end, my fellow guards relinquished it to her."

"Did you happen to see what she looked liked?" Bon Bon asked. "Color? Hairstyle? Clothing, maybe?"

"Sorry, I was too far away to tell. But by the look of it she was gray and had her black mane down."

"Great..." Vinyl groaned as she slumped to the floor. "How many gray and black ponies are there in this city...?"

"Anything else that could help?" Bon Bon continued asking. "Something that would make it easier to find her?"

The guard pondered his thoughts for any other useful details. "Well...her accent was pretty strange..."

From the corner of her eye, Bon Bon noticed Vinyl's ears suddenly perk up at the stallion's mention of "accent". The disc jockey no longer had a depressed look, but a rather surprised one. Bon Bon could not see past her shades, but she surely felt Vinyl now had a twinkling glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"I don't venture far from Canterlot," the guard continued, "and even though you get ponies from all over Equestria here, but I'm positive I never heard an accent like hers before. I don't know how to describe it...fancy-like?"

"Wait, wait, wait." Vinyl interrupted. She quickly altered her voice, now imitating the Doctor's accent. "Did she sound like this?"

The guard pointed at the mare with a look of assurance. "Yes! That's it! Where in Equestria do you find ponies who talk like tha-?"

"Thanks, dudes!"

Before Bon Bon realized it, Vinyl grabbed her hoof and hastily dragged her out the nearby door leaving the guards stumped about what just occurred. Outside, Bon Bon was desperately urging Vinyl to slow down. The earth pony could feel the intense friction against the hard pavement and dirt stinging her body as Vinyl dashed across the courtyard. Thankfully for the poor mare, Vinyl was forced to stop at the front gate. The drawbridge had been raised for the night so they needed to wait for the guards to lower it again.

"Ooooowww!" Bon Bon moaned as she clutched her stomach, finally free from Vinyl's grasp. "What the hay was that for?"

Vinyl neglected to reply while jumping up and down in glee. In Bon Bon's eyes, Vinyl was starting to behave like Pinkie Pie, almost a complete turnaround from how she behaved before. If she were delusional, the earth pony would not be able to tell the difference.

"I can't believe she got it back!" Vinyl squealed. "What are the odds!?"

"Aaand you're ignoring me..."

"Hey, sleepyheads!" she shouted into the air. "Get your plots in gear and lower the drawbridge!"

There was no vocal response, but Vinyl noticed a unicorn guard stick his head over the wall to see what the commotion was about. Vinyl continued demanding the stallion to lower the drawbridge, but she only received an annoyed glare. Still, the guard was obligated to fulfill his duty and began opening the way. In a few seconds, the mares were able to cross.

Bon Bon followed Vinyl who was now finally calm after venting her excitement. The pair began their walk back to the city where they would find their mare. As they headed down the twisting hillside slope, Bon Bon occasionally turned her head towards the city. Its nocturnal state was not as brightly illuminated or alive as other major cities, but Bon Bon still found it quite peaceful and relaxing. Maybe when the wedding was over, she and her friends could lounge in the grass here.

"So where exactly are we going? How do you know where this mare is?"

Vinyl stopped and turned to face Bon Bon. She lifted her shades to reveal her red violet eyes, now with a strong look of determination.

"Easy!" she proudly exclaimed. "There's only one place she goes to around here!"


-----


"Hm... Coincidence or fate?"

Lyra and Octavia had been walking down a quiet street not far from Canterlot Castle. Still feeling guilty about crashing into Octavia, Lyra had volunteered to help the mare in finding the owner of their mysterious item. Octavia declined at first as she was concerned about Lyra's leg injury, but the generous unicorn was too persistent so she finally accepted. Once they were back in the city, Octavia decided to take a break to visit her usual bar. However, they quickly stopped at the intersection once Lyra pointed out some individuals in front of the building.

Seated in the bar's outdoor dining area under a violet-purple striped awning was a group of five mares and a juvenile dragon; Rarity and Pinkie Pie were among them. Lyra informed Octavia that they were Twilight's friends and usually seen together. She identified the dragon as Spike and the other three mares as Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack.

Fluttershy was a buttermilk yellow pegasus with three pink-winged butterflies for a cutie mark. Her cupid pink mane was quite long, lengthier than the size most mares maintained and allowing it to touch the ground if she was standing. It was styled so that a large portion would fall to her left while the remaining strands would curve behind her ear and fall to her right. Fluttershy was an official resident of Ponyville though she lived outside the town. Her home was a cottage located very close to the nearby Everfree Forest, a mysterious place that is widely considered to be the most dangerous location in Equestria. Around Ponyville, Fluttershy was known to be an animal caretaker. If anypony needed assistance with their beloved pets, they would turn to Fluttershy despite her outwardly shy demeanor.

Rainbow Dash was also pegasus though sky blue in color. She shared a similar hairstyle with Derpy, but it had multiple streaks that gave it a full rainbow pattern. She also had a unique cutie mark, a simple white cloud with a lightning bolt emerging from it. What made it special was that the lightning bolt was divided into equally sized smaller bolts using the primary colors. In Ponyville, Rainbow was one of the pegasi responsible for maintaining the town's weather. Though when not on duty, she was usually found napping in a cloud or a random tree branch strong enough to support her weight. If not, she would take to the skies, training her aerobatic skills in hopes of becoming a member of the famous Wonderbolts someday.

Applejack was a yellow orange earth pony with three apples for a cutie mark. No matter where anypony saw her, she was always wearing her brown cowgirl hat. As a part of her cowgirl style, she also tied the ends of her marigold mane and tail into buds using red ribbons. Applejack was the middle child of three on a family-owned farm just outside Ponyville known as Sweet Apples Acres. When not bucking apple trees in the field, she would be found in Ponyville's marketplace selling her freshly grown produce, sometimes accompanied by her siblings. Applejack was also a very reliable mare, known to have helped Ponyville avert some potentially disastrous predicaments such as a rampaging stampede through the town. To some ponies, Applejack was seen as a town hero.

Spike was a special sight being a dragon living in modern society. He was still quite young, usually referred to as a "baby dragon", but he has proven himself to be mature for his age behind all of his childish tendencies. As for his physical appearance, he had a purple body with pastel green scales. As a juvenile, his size was comparable to a colt or filly, about half the height of an average mare. Right now he required three cushions just to sit and reach head-level at the table. For his regular life, Spike lived at Golden Oaks Library with Twilight and served as her assistant having accompanied her during their move from Canterlot. He would normally be seen with Twilight carrying a checklist, marking off tasks they needed to perform as the day progressed.

"But that's weird..." Lyra muttered. "Twilight's almost always with those girls if they're together."

"Let's try inside." Octavia suggested. "Perhaps she's purchasing a beverage."

Octavia looked back towards an alleyway. She pulled the cart inside and left it abandoned as she rejoined Lyra.

"Uh, you sure it's safe to leave it there? I thought you wanted nopony to see it?"

"Trust me. With almost every member of the Royal Guard in Equestria here, somepony would have to be an idiot to commit a crime or suspicious act right now. Besides, most ponies living in this part of Canterlot wouldn't dare, let alone think, of investigating a random object in an alleyway."

Lyra just shrugged and nodded in agreement as she followed Octavia across the street. From what she saw, there were six guards surrounding this two-story building alone. It seemed intimidating though at least they respected privacy by leaving the dining area unoccupied. As the pair got closer, Octavia told Lyra not to turn her head towards Twilight's friends to avert unwanted attention. Lyra complied, but somepony unfortunately noticed her a few steps from the door.

"Oh! Lyra!" Rarity called out.

Lyra wanted to pretend she did not hear Rarity, but she was too close for that excuse to work. She hesitantly turned around to greet everypony and acted surprised.

"Oh hey, guys." she said awkwardly. "Uh... Didn't notice you here!"

"I'm terribly sorry for being too preoccupied to chat with you back at the castle." Rarity told her. "It was on a very tight schedule with the wedding tomorrow."

"Psssh! Oh, that's okay! I was in a hurry anyway."

"Well, I'm sure you'll glad to know that I finished your dress per your request. Would you like to stop by before I retire for the night to see it and perhaps try it on?"

"No thanks. I, uh...have some important things to take care of."

Lyra was starting to progressively speak faster. It alerted some of the mares who looked at each other strangely. Spike, however, seemed too preoccupied playing with miniature toy replicas of Cadance and Shining Armor in their wedding outfits.

"Uh... Everything all right, sugarcube?" Applejack asked in her farmgirl accent. "Yer startin' to sweat."

"That's 'cause I...uh...Think, think!...scrapped my legs while I was running from the castle!"

"Oh my." Fluttershy said in a worried tone. "Are you sure it's not infected or something? It could be a fever or-" She was about to get up, but Lyra quickly stopped her.

"No, no! I already have another pony looking after it."

"You mean the one that just went inside?" Rainbow asked pointing at the door. "She kinda seemed like one of those stuck-up ones if you ask me..."

"Who? Octavia? She's not like that at all."

"Ooo~! Octi!?" Pinkie exclaimed as she hopped onto the table surprising everypony. "I should go say hi!"

"Oh, c'mon!"

Lyra angrily motioned Pinkie to sit back down before she made a guard come to investigate. Thankfully Rarity and Spike, who were seated on opposite sides of her, managed to calm down the hyperactive party animal. Seeing this as a chance to leave, Lyra slowly backed away.

"Well, it was great seeing you guys." she said now halfway inside the building. "I'll catch up with you at the wedding, or maybe back in Ponyville so we can finally hang out for once! Anyway, bye!"

Lyra quickly shut the door and walked a few steps to the right so she would not be blocking the way. With a sigh of relief, she slumped to the floor with her back against the wall. She looked up once regaining her posture and looked around. The restaurant was a medium-sized space though not many ponies were present. There were about seven at most assuming nopony was using the restroom. The southern half served as the dining space filled with round tables designed like a lime slice. In the northwest corner was a small stage for hired entertainment. It was currently empty, but the overhead spotlights still illuminated the closed curtain.

In the northeast corner was the small bar managed by a steel blue unicorn stallion with a spiky black mane. As for his uniform, he was wearing a white long-sleeved dress shirt, white tie, and black buttoned down vest. He was currently in the middle of serving Twilight a strawberry beverage similar to what her friends were previously drinking.

Lyra was about to approach the mare but was immediately pulled aside by Octavia. The earth pony had already been seated at the table by the window though Lyra was more surprised that Octavia had already ordered two glasses of wine in her short absence.

"Why didn't you help me out there?" Lyra angrily asked as she sat down. "You could've done something like pull me inside saying 'Sorry, but we're in a hurry' or something like that..."

Octavia did not respond and continued sipping her glass.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me!?"

"Quiet down."

Lyra was confused at first until Octavia pointed towards the window next to them. Octavia had opened one of the glass panels just enough so she could hear what Twilight's friends were discussing without alerting them. She then hoofed Lyra her other glass.

"I didn't know what you like," Octavia continued, "so I ordered another one of mine."

Lyra, trying to do this politely, moved the glass aside. "Thanks... But I don't drink..."

She shrugged and took back the drink. The mare absentmindedly spun glass before speaking again. "Nice performance..." she said smirking.

"Wait...did she just...?!

Lyra almost fell back having been completely startled by Octavia smile. It was actually more disturbing and spontaneous than Cadance's sudden grin back at the castle. Lyra did not know what to think of it. Be uncomfortable or terrified?.

"What?" Octavia asked playfully. "I have a sense of humor~"

"It's creepy..." Lyra whispered. "Anyway, why are we eavesdropping?"

"Twilight's about to rejoin her friends. Let's just see how this turns out. Pretend we're talking about something."

Lyra nodded and did as she was told. In her mind, she cycled through random conversations she had in Ponyville. She eventually picked one with a friend named Golden Harvest. The unicorn began repeating her lines, mostly questions, with Octavia improvising answers. Since she was facing the door, Lyra kept an eye on Twilight as she walked out with her glass floating in her raspberry magic aura. Lyra then leaned closer to the open window panel though Octavia seemed content with her current position.

"Bet I can guess what all of you are thinking!" Twlight said with a fake smile. "Cadance is the absolute worst bride-to-be ever!"

All of Twilight's friends turned their heads towards the mare as she set down her drink. They were clearly surprised and thought she was speaking nonsense.

"Who, me?" Spike jokingly asked in a high-pitched voice imitating a female. He had pulled out a wedding dress Cadance doll while saying this.

"Spike!" Applejack exclaimed, reprimanding him with a look of disapproval. "That goes on the cake!"

Spike tossed the doll onto the table and laughed in an embarrassed manner.

"Twilight," Rarity began, "what ever are you talking about? Cadance is an absolute gem~!"

Twilight momentarily stopped drinking and pushed her glass aside. "Rarity, she was so demanding!"

"But of course she was! Why shouldn't she expect the very best on her wedding day?"

Twilight sighed as she put her hoof to her head like she had a headache. "Applejack, did you know that after she told you how much she just 'love, love, loved' your hors d'oeuvres she threw them in the trash?"

"Aw, she was probably trying spare mah feelings." the farmgirl replied as she continued drinking her blueberry beverage.

Twilight was getting more annoyed. "No... She was just being fake and totally insincere!"

Spike and the mares looked away thinking Twilight was being crazy, but Fluttershy was the first to speak up.

"She did raise her voice at one of my birds during rehearsal..."

"See!? Rude!" Twilight exclaimed as she smiled and crossed her hooves believing she had now a supporter.

"But...he was singing really off-key..."

Fluttershy brought out one of her birds from under the table, now perched on her hoof. It let our an ear-shattering screech that caused everyone present to cringe back or cover their eyes. Lyra, however, was sensitive to this sound and smashed her head onto the table, strangely hoping the pain would disappear as a result. When she looked up at Octavia, the mare seemed completely unaffected like she did not even hear the noise. In a few seconds, she grinned at Lyra once again.

"You...are...cruel!" Lyra angrily whispered.

"Pinkie Pie," Twilight continued, "you had to have noticed how Cadance treated-"

Twilight stopped mid-sentence when she saw Pinkie and Spike were playing with the Cadance doll again, this time accompanied by a matching Shining Armor doll. Both participants were happily giggling and making smooching sounds between them.

"Nevermind..." she said rolling her eyes. "Rainbow Dash, you're with me, right?"

"Sorry, Twi." the sportsmare replied while examining left arm and slowly flapping her wings. "Busy preppin' for my Sonic Rainboom to pay much attention to the bride's bad attitude."

"Aurrrrrgh!"

Now worried, Rarity approached Twilight and put her hoof on the mare's shoulder. "The princess is about to get married. I'm sure any negative behavior she might be displaying is simply the result of nerves."

Twilight stomped her hoof on the table, finally having enough of this conversation. "And I'm sure it's the result of her being an awful pony who doesn't even deserve to know Shining Armor, let alone marry him!".

"Think maybe you're being just a tiny bit possessive of your brother?" Applejack questioned.

Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"I'm not being possessive! And I am not taking it out on Cadance! You're all just too caught up in your wedding planning that maybe there shouldn't even be a wedding!"

Twilight fiercely stomped her hoof once again, this time creating enough power to flip everyone's drinks over. Knowing she would not make any more progress with her friends, she angrily walked away leaving everyone confused.

"Gee..." Spike muttered. "Should we go after her?"

"Eh, just let her cool off." Applejack replied. "Like Ah said. She's just bein' possessive."

Inside the restaurant, Lyra was dumbfounded at how Twilight's friends did not believe her claims about Cadance. She strongly desired to stand up, crash through the window not caring if she caused property damage, and back up Twilight's story, but Octavia's glare and demanding nature were the only things keeping her seated.

"Do you believe that?" Lyra exclaimed as she drooped her head onto the table. She glanced at the glass Octavia had offered her and soon seized it. "Y'know what? There's a first for everything..."

Raising the glass over her head Lyra poured a mouthful of wine but quickly spit it out to her right, utterly revolted by the flavor. Fortunately no ponies were in her spitting range, but Lyra drew attention from everypony in the bar. The other customers, all members of the upper class, stared with disgust. In their anger, this display was enough for them to leave their payment on the tables and leave as fast as possible. Meanwhile the bartender rolled his eyes and retrieved the mop and water bucket. Before cleaning, he handed Lyra the white towel he kept on his back.

"Ugh! Is that what it tastes like!?" Lyra exclaimed. She began wiping her tongue desperately trying to erase any lingering drops. "Oh dear Celestia, I can still taste it!"

Octavia still remained unfazed and continued drinking with a hysteric Lyra in front of her.

"You get used to it... Perhaps a weaker beverage this time?"

"I'M NEVER DRINKING AGAIN!!!"