• Published 11th Apr 2020
  • 514 Views, 5 Comments

Life Without Ponies - Wandering Twilight



Spike survives in a Equestria ruled by Griffons, with "nopony" to help him!

  • ...
 5
 514

Chapter 2: In The New Throne Room

Chapter 2:

In The New Throne Room

IN THE COURT room that had before belonged to the Celestia, the beloved ruler of Equstria, many flapping wings and squawks were now heard as the court of King Roi Feather came to session. Noble Griffons of every description had gathered to petition His Majesty for all manner of complaints. There was many a Grifs who came from the lower end of their society, who, having taken in part of the relocation to Equstria, fond fortune beyond anything in Griffonland . With wealth came status, and those who were poor farmers a few months ago, now enjoyed as much access to the court as any of the 'Old Feathers.' Much to their chagrin.

Soon, even the smallest hobble in Canterlot would have with a Griffon claiming that they had thrown open the vaults to anygrif who came.

King Roi slouched on his new throne. Board with the proceeding and waiting for anything else to distract from the long procession of court. Beside him stood Claudius Quill, who's name will forever be remembered in Griffon history as the who to one suggested moving to the vacated Canterlot castle. His suggestion had met with no objection from king Roi, who had been raised by the adviser. Nor any from the Old Feathers, whose only concern was 'what if the ponies return?' and 'what if their not really gone?' Claudius squished any resistance to the idea; which upset a lot of nobles who thought of him as still nothing more than the kings nurse-maid. So tight was his grip on the kings ear that nothing threaten him, say, but a little purple dragon.

"His Majesty would be pleased to know," stated a one of the misters." That the cost of maintaining golden lamp post through out His new holdings, would, in the long run, be much more---"

"Claudius," sighed the king.

Claudius spoke up:" His Majesty is at this time is not interested in the services of Hadden, Hadden & Dipp Lamp.inc. Further more--- "

The Griffon guard, who stood at the entrance to Celestia's old throne room, bellowed out:

"Spike the Dragon of Equestria, request an audience with His Majesty, King of Griffonland Ruler of---"

"Yeah, yeah," Spike said." He called me here, I think he can see!" The train ride had not improved his mood since indecent with Angel last night.

"Spike!" Roi setup.

"Hey." Spike had no-idea how much fascination the king had for him. Spike thought of him as just friend, but king Roi would have given him the kingdom if asked, and this it what worried Claudius.

When the Griffons first arrived, there was little resistance from Equstria's non-pony denizens. the Old Feathers had sought the king to have them removed, and he might have, but for Spike. Since childhood the king had always wanted a dragon for a friend, like the heroes in his story books, And now, here was a dragon, plopped right in the middle of his new kingdom.

Spike was frighten, at first. When the griffons arrived, he was in Canterlot looking for anything lead to the missing Twilight and the others. Griffon guards had cot him and put him in a cell . More alone the he had ever been, spike give up. He was brought to the throne room by request of Roi. Claudius not being there to advise against it, start to talk with Spike. He ask him all sorts of questions about Equestra, the ponies, if he ever went on any quest with young Grifs to fight pirates and save fair maidens. Through answering questions, Spike came to a friendly alliance with Roi, who made no end of promises about helping to find the missing Equestrians, much to Claudius' annoyance.

"Spike you'll never guess what has happened"

"What?"

"Guess."

"No really, I couldn't."

"Guess, guess, guess!"

"Umm...new haircut?"

"No! tis," He spat out the last part." I did it, Spike!"

Claudius rolled his eyes.

"Did what?"

"I fond one! I fond a pony! Just like you ask me to!" Spike couldn't find the words, he couldn't think, he dumbstruck; he'd never given up hope, but after so long, he would finally...

"Unhand me at once, your cold talons hurt you dunce!" Said Zecora shouted.

Zecora? thought Spike. What is she---Oh.

The Zebra was let down by the two griffon guards who brought her in.

"See, see?" said Roi." I tolled you I'd find out where the Ponies went! I--- oh, is this the wrong thing?" Spikes look tolled Roi that something was not right. It wasn't that Spike was unhappy to see Zecora, but it was a little disappointing, to say the least.

"No it not...Um, sorry but...Um," Spike tried to find the words.

"Pardon His Majesty but we must continued the morning court," said Claudius Quill.

"Oh...yes, you're right." Roi replied.

"And Spike the Dragon, we, the king and I, would like to hold conference with after the proceedings. Your presents here will not a complete wast, at least." He add the last part under his breath." Would you and the Zebra wait outside? Thank you."

The court doors closed behind them leaving Zecora and Spike in the hall be alone.

"Spike, it is good to see you unharmed, it would be best if we left now with out raising the alarm."

"They no were I live, and besides, the king is my friend. No ones gonna hurt a scale on my head!"

"That maybe true, but I rather bid them adieu!"

"Zecroa where have you been? Have you heard anything about the others!"

"Deep in the Everfree, I came out to see, if Twilght would join me, for a cup o' tea. When to my shock, nopony any where not even under a rock. So I left to find, any pony left behind. To manehatten I headed, what I might find there I dreaded."

"Did you find anypony?"

Zecora looked down and shock her head." I have spied nopony, even before they took me."

Spike chocked. He felt a little more helpless.

"Spike, if we stay, will your friend, help us get away?"

"Who, Roi? Oh yeah he and me are a great pair; why---"

The doors of the throne room opened out and past Zecora and spike came the Griffs of court, who spilled out into hall and left. This left the two guards by the entrance, who called Spike and Zecora to come up to the throne.