• Published 12th Apr 2020
  • 375 Views, 15 Comments

The Odysssey of Sunlight Blaze, Crossover Special 2 part 1: In the Pokemon World - Justafanfictioner



Follow the adventures of Sunlight, this time in the fabulous world of Pokemons.

  • ...
 15
 375

Chapter 2: Sunset Shimmer, In the world of Pokemons

Author's Note:

This Chapter is in Parallel with the chapter 1, I made the introduction of Sunlight in this world, and now, this is the turn of Sunset Shimmer...In the next chapters, though, i will try to Alternate between the two characters.

Plus, I know the description i gave of the pokemons while incarnating the pokedex are not exactly the same as in the games. You probably know that in the anime, these descriptions are slightly different that in the video games. This story is based in the anime itself, so the descriptions i will make of pokemons can be different, but i will make sure to at least put an official fact or for what they are known for.

Sunset Shimmer woke up in the middle of a beautiful grass field. She suddenly felt something on her belly, like if an animal was on her. She got up and looked around her.

”Where am i? She asked to herself. I am definitively not in my chamber anymore...I bet Rainbow Dash or Applejack must have played to me some kind of joke...”

She felt behind her the presence of something and she turned her head, but there was nothing. She decided to explore the place. She walked for a while, with the impression someone was following her. That feeling was becoming more intense with the time passing.

”Something is definitively spying on me, she thought. Is that something invisible? Maybe...”

She almost had an heart attack when a creature appeared in front of her.

“Mew!!!” said the little creature.

Sunset fell on her butt and looked at the creature. She deduced the cute looking creature was the presence she was feeling since a few minutes.

“Mew?” said the creature, when it came closer of Sunset.

“No, i am Sunset Shimmer, she answered. What are you?”

The Pokemon didn’t answer.

“Oh, you can’t speak like me, she said. Well, can i touch you?”

The pokemon agreed without hesitation and came close enough of her so she could touch the cute creature. She read its memories and learned that the Pokemon was called Mew. She also learned everything about this world.

“Thank you, Mew, she said. I understand everything, now. And yes, i am sort of a psychic”

Mew read at his turn Sunset’s memories and saw the kindness, bravery, determination and love she demonstrated.

“Mew!!” said Mew.

“Did you just read my memories too?” she asked.

The pokemon answered by an affirmative head sign.

“So, you understand what i said?” she asked.

Mew answered by another affirmative head sign.

“Can you talk our language? She asked. At least, speak by telepathy?”

The Pokemon made an negative head sign.

“That suck, she said. I would have asked you why you were following me...”

Mew teleported away and came back 2 second later with a piece of paper and a pencil. He started to write and showed what he wrote to her. That was some kind of Japanese language, but fortunately for her, she took Japanese language classes (i know, Sunset doesn’t speak Japanese, but this is a fan fiction after all, so why not?) and the paper was saying: «I followed you because I love kind-heart humans. I saw in your heart that you were nice, kind, loving and determinated. I also saw how much you value friendship»

“I owe what i became today to a friend who showed my the path to the light” she said.

Mew continued writing on a another piece of paper and showed it to her. The message was saying «Do you want to be my friend?».

“Sure, answered Sunset. I would love having you on my sides, especially in this new world. I accept your friendship, Mew”

The pokemon made a scream of happiness and hugged Sunset with his little hands. Then, he found a place in her backpack.

“So, can you bring me in the nearest town of the region, Mew?” asked Sunset.

Mew’s answer was to teleport her at the entrance of a town called Pallet Town. She thanked him and the pokemon smiled back to her. Sunset entered in the town and was surprised by it's beauty. This place was so quiet, shiny and full of colors. Her exploration of this place led her to notice there was not a lot of humans living here. She also got to see a lot of these creatures called Pokemons. Some of them had bird-like features, other looked like cats or dogs, mouses, rats, bugs and humans.

“Wow, there is so much...Diversity in this world” she said.

She suddenly heard a help scream coming from the north. She rushed immediately in direction of the scream source and saw a man running from a swarm of giant Wasp-like creatures. Without hesitation, she decided to enter in communication with them and touched one. She could saw in the pokemon memory that the man in question was a scientist who accidentally step on one of their cocoons, which angered them. She then shared with the angry creature positive emotions and was able to calm him. The giant wasp looked at Sunset and told to the others to return home. The swarm disappeared and the man, him, was breathing heavily.

“Are you okay, she asked. Are you hurt or something?”

The man got up and looked at her.

“I am fine, thank you, young woman, said the man. Even if you have decades of experience with the Pokemons, you can always make a mistake. How did you calm this swarm of Beedrills by the way?”

“Hum, Feminine Persuasion?” she answered

“Hum, This species of Pokemon mostly follow their instincts, said the man. They are very aggressive and only berries or honey can calm them. Did you have by chance these items on you?”

“Well, not exactly, she answered. I...”

Mew made a berry appeared in her hand and Sunset showed it to the scientist.

“Oh, these berries are their favorite sort!! Said the man. They love them a lot. I can understand how you calmed them. What is your name, young girl?”

“My name is Sunset...Sunset Shimmer, she answered. I know, this is a strange name...”

“Not at all, said the man. It clearly represent you perfectly. You can call me Professor Oak.”

“Nice to meet you, Professor Oak!” she said.

The professor brought her to his laboratory.

“This place is like my home, he said. I do all my researches here. This is also a home for a lot of pokemons, wild or owned by other trainers who trust me to keep them safe.”

Oak took a strange device and gave it to Sunset.

“This is a Pokedex, he said. This masterpiece of technology contain the information of all the pokemons in the world, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Shinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar. That include their shiny forms, all the data on mega-evolution, their types and a lot more. I can thank Ash for that....He he!”

“Really? She asked. Wow!!”

The professor showed her how to use it and then held the Pokedex in front of a dragon-like pokemon. A voice suddenly came out of it.

“Charizard, the Flame Pokemon, said the device. He is a Fire and Flying type. This pokemon is the final evolution of Charminder. Charizard’s firebreath is so hot it can reach a temperature beyond 3000°C. This pokemon is also known to be a fierce fighter in battles, making him a companion of choice for the trainers who want to be talented pokemon trainers. This pokemon also possess two different mega-evolution and a Gigantimax form”

“Charizard is originally a pokemon from the Kanto region, said Oak. But its popularity spread worldwide and so, i knew i had to update its description. Same for the rest of them. But lets speak about the reason of your presence here. Why did you came to Pallet Town?”

“Well, i was lost, to be honest and i just entered the first town i saw, she answered. Also, i could be interested to become a pokemon trainer...”

“Well, if you say so, i can help you to start your carrier of trainer, said the Professor. First is to decide which of these 8 region attract you the most?”

“Hum, maybe if you describe them, i could be able to make a choice...” said Sunset.

Oak began to explain the main attractions of each regions. At the end of his explanations, Sunset was attired by 3 regions: Galar, Kalos and Alola. Galar was attractive to her due to it’s technological development, Alola was described as a paradise and Kalos was described as being culturally and socially developed.

“Hum, i think i will go with...Kalos, she said. I don’t know why, but my intuition tell me to go to Kalos...”

“Then, i will contact Sycamore, he said. He is the Pokemon professor of the Kalos region. I will prevent him of you arrival. Hum also, you will need some pokeballs in your adventure.”

The professor gave her a pack of Pokeballs and explained to her how to use them.

“When you will arrive at Kalos, said Oak, go to that address, this is where you will find Sycamore. Now, this is time to go at the airport. Maybe i can help you get here...”

“Hum, thank you, Professor, she said. But you don’t need to do that...”

“And why not?” asked the professor, perplexed.

For answering to his question, Sunset made said goodbye and disappeared instantly from the laboratory

“Did she just...Teleported? Thought Oak. Meh, certainly a psychic pokemon...”

Sunset reappeared in the toilets of the airport. She immediately noticed that she was in the men's toilets when she heard two of them talking near to her. She told to Mew to teleport her in the women toilets. The pokemon laughed and obeyed to her request. Sunset then left the women bathroom and walked in direction of the ticket stand.

”Oh shit! I forget i don’t have money for a ticket, she thought. Hum, i have psychic powers!! Maybe i can persuade someone to buy me one!! No, i can’t do that, this is bad! What else can i do? Selling myself is out of question and i won't steal a ticket neither. Maybe i can ask Mew to teleport me in the plane? But i am sure this is illegal...”

Mew used his powers to made him and Sunset disappear from the airport. They reappeared in the middle of a beautiful place that she immediately thought as being Mew’s home. A lot of toys and various objects were standing around her.

“Why did you bring me here?” asked Sunset to Mew

The pokemon didn't answered, and instead brought back to her a beautiful object. The object was a beautiful gemstone of an incredible size. Mew put it in her hands and smiled to her.

“You...This is so kind of you, Mew, she said. Are you really sure you really want to give this to me? I can find another way to get money who will not be illegal or immoral.”

She saw that her friend was not going to return on his decision and accepted the gift of Mew.

“Thank you, she said. I am so grateful of your gift. But told me, where did you find a gemstone of that size, did you stole it?”

Mew made a negative head sign. He used his psychic powers to share his memories of how he found that gemstone. She learned that it was a gift coming from a person Mew liked a lot. The fact that mew gave to her something so important for him made her cry of emotion. Mew, for answer, cuddled against her face to make her smile. That sign of affection was the official sign of their newborn friendship. So, Sunset and Mew went to a jeweler with the intention of selling it for money. The owner told her that this gem was worth more than the money he possessed. But he made a deal with her and proposed to give her half of is money with 6 items of her choice in his shop. She was attracted by a beautiful necklace with a rainbow colored stone on it.

“Oh, this is a Keystone, said the Jeweler. This gem is one of the 3 things needed in order to use the Mega-Evolution. If you want it, it is yours. The second thing needed to mega-evolve a Pokemon is a Mega-gemstone. Let me gave you 3 of my collection.”

The jeweler gave her 3 Mega-gemstones and told her the name of the pokemons they were destined: One was a Metagrossite, the second was a Gardevoirite and the last was an Alakazamite. The man also give her a Dawn Stone and a Dusk Stone. Sunset took the money and the items and put them in her bag and left the store.

“Well, I am sure these objects will be useful, she said. For the moment, we have a plane to take!!”

The two friends disappeared by teleportation. But they didn’t notice that they were observed by a Pokemon, this pokemon was following them for a while. It was white and Purple with cat and human-like traits with a long tail.

”Hum, I see that you restarted to frequents humans, Mew, said the pokemon. I should maybe keep an eye on you and also on that girl. I feel in her something...different from the others humans of this world, i must learn more about her.”

Then it disappeared at his turn.