• Published 12th Apr 2020
  • 377 Views, 15 Comments

The Odysssey of Sunlight Blaze, Crossover Special 2 part 1: In the Pokemon World - Justafanfictioner



Follow the adventures of Sunlight, this time in the fabulous world of Pokemons.

  • ...
 15
 377

Chapter 4: In the heat of the Battle!!!

Author's Note:

Sunlight wear almost all the time a superhero costume he made himself.
This costume, though, is also an armor with many resistances like cold, water, electricity and direct hits. Like if it was not enough, he modified it by adding some magical property like heat immunity (Fireproof) and even added Rocket Boots to it. making him able to fly in the air for a long time (Depends of the weight they have to support). His mask is of magical nature and make him able to see trough any Illusions. The reason Sunlight didn't want, in the last chapter, to cross the river first, was because he totally forgot i had his armor and boots and had no idea of what to do before he realized he had them.

At the minute Sunset was arrived in Illumis, she immediately headed to Sycamore’s laboratory. Mew was sleeping in her bag and she didn’t want to wake him up. She arrived at the laboratory 15 minutes later and was welcomed by the professor Sycamore itself.

“Oh, You are finally arrived! He said. I was waiting your arrival for a while!”

He led Sunset to the same room he led Sunlight.

“So, you are the Professor Sycamore, she said. My name is Sunset Shimmer.”

“Yes, i am the professor Sycamore, he said. And i am glad to meet you, Sunset. Like the Professor Oak, my work consist to not only study pokemons, but help them. I also help the young kids who want to become trainer by giving them a starter Pokemon.”

“Hum, about that, she said. I am not familiar with elemental types...Do you have any Psychic types pokemon, or i don’t know, Fairy type?”

“Hum, i love your honesty, said the professor. Rare are the beginner trainers who ask for a different type of starter Pokemon. And you are lucky because two months ago, i received from a friend a pair of Ralts, One male and the other Female. They are born from the same parents. The Ralts have the Fairy/Psychic dual type, and they are ideal for someone who begin his trainer carrier and like Psychic types.”

“You really want to give them to me? She said. I am touched!”

The professor showed the 2 little Ralts to Sunset.

“These pokemons are able to detect with their horns the emotions or other beings. If you feel sad, they will try to make you feel happier.”

She immediately fell in love with the cuteness of these little creatures. She put her hand near them in order to flatter them. The pokemon were first scared, and used their magic powers to read in Sunset’s heart. They saw a lot of love in it. So, they finally accepted being petted by her. They immediately bound together and Sycamore gave her pokeballs to catch them. She showed them the balls and let the pokemons make their choice. The two Ralts didn't hesitated and pushed on the button, getting instantly caught.

“Congratulation, said Sycamore, you are now their owner. Allow me to give you a Motisma-Dex and you will be ready to explore Kalos.”

“Hum, i already have one gave by the professor Oak” she said.

She showed him her Pokedex.

“Well, this is not a Motisma-Dex, he said, But it will do the job. Then, i suppose you are ready to start your adventure! You can, like many trainers who begin their trainer carrier, choose to compete in the Pokemon League or if you are less of a fighter and more of an artist, compete in Pokemon Contests”

“Hum, What is the difference between the two?” she asked.

“The Pokemon League is a competition where the best trainers of Kalos are reunited when they collected the 8 badges required, explained Sycamore. They fight each other in succession of rounds and the winner of the Final round will have the honor to challenge the Elite 4 and the Pokemon League champion, all of that for a chance to win the title of Champion of Kalos. The Pokemon Contest are different. Instead of being based on fighting and battle strategies, Contests are more centered on the artistic style. The pokemons and their trainer will be judged on their grace and creativity while they perform on stage.”

“Hum, Both are interesting, she said. I am very competitive and i love a challenge, and a Pokemon League look like a big one. But i also have a great artistic side in me and doing Pokemon Contests seem very attractive...Can i do both?”

“You mean, being a Pokemon Trainer and a Pokemon Artist? Asked Sycamore. Hum, that is possible but it will be difficult on the traveling side.”

“I am not worry about that, she said. I hear some Psychic type pokemons are able to master the teleportation”

“True, But teleportation only work if the Pokemon who use it know the destination place..., said Sycamore. Some of them, though, are skilled enough to locate the destination only by hearing the name or seeing a picture of it.”

“Hum, but what if they use, well, a living being like a sort of tag?” she asked.

“Hum, he answered. They could effectively teleport in a place they never visited if someone they know well happen to be here. But if we come back to your choice, I recommend you to choose only one.”

Sunset thought for a few minutes about it, and once again, followed her instincts.

“Hum, I will be a Pokemon Trainer, she said. I will compete in the Pokemon League!”

“So, if this is your choice, there is a box to put your badges when you will earn them.” said Sycamore.

He gave her the box and 5 minutes later, Sunset left the laboratory. She first went to a Pokemon Center and registered her name for the League. Then, she left the town and began to head in direction of the Santalune’s Gym.

“Hum, interesting, she said. The first Gym Leader is a Bug type specialist. And judging by the list of affinities, the Psychic type is weak to it. That mean i will have to plan a good strategy in order to beat her”

While she was heading to her first destination, Sunlight, on his side, decided to finally challenge the Gym Leader Viola. So, he entered in the Gym, but saw nobody in it.

“Hum, maybe she is absent, he thought, Well, Guess i will pass later...”

“Don’t move, young man!” said a feminine voice.

Sunlight obeyed and heard clicking noise similar to those make by photo cameras. He saw woman with a camera taking many photos from different angles of him.

“A last one and that will be done” said the woman.

She took a last one and then proceeded to present herself.

“I am sorry if i took you by surprise, she said, but your costume is so awesome that i had to take pictures of it!! Beside, my name is Viola, i am a famous Pokemon photographer. I am also the Gym Leader of this city. If you enter in this arena, i suppose this is to challenge me, no?”

“Yes, i am here to win my first badge! He answered. Sycamore told me that you were, hum, habitually the first Gym Leader trainer were challenging, Because you...well”

“Yes, this is true, she said. In fact, you must know that there is no specific order. If you have talent, then i will use powerful pokemons, if you are a beginner, then i will use weaker pokemons. And judging by what i see, you don’t have any badges. So i suppose you are a beginner”

She brought him to the arena where the battle would take place.

“The rules will be like this, she said. I will use only two pokemons, but you can use all of yours for this battle, how many do you have?”

“Two, answered Sunlight. Only two, so that will be a fair battle”

The referee began the countdown and told the rules of the fight. Then he gave the start signal. Viola was the first one to send a pokemon.

“Time to shine, Masquerain!!” said Viola, while sending her Pokemon

“You can do it, Fennekin!! Said Sunlight, also sending his first pokemon. I believe in you!!”

“Oh, a Fire type pokemon!! She said. Your costume should have gave me a good clue of what type you use. Fire type can give you the high ground in this fight, but don’t expect this battle to be easy!! Masquerain, use Water Sport!!!”

The pokemon suddenly threw jet of water in the air, which made the air and the ground humid and damp.

“This attack lower the power of all fire-type moves, she said. Now, Masquerain, use Water Gun!!”

The pokemon threw a powerful beam of water in direction of Fennekin. Sunlight ordered her to dodge the attack, which she did pretty easily.

“Don’t stop, Masquerain, said Viola, continue to use Water Gun!!!”

Sunlight kept ordering his pokemon to dodge, but he knew that he had to make a move. The humidity in the air was beginning to bother him seriously.

“Hum, i planned she would have some defensives tactics against Fire types, he thought. But i have an advantage in this battle and i have to exploit, i only need some times to execute it.”

Viola’s Masquerain was not even slowing the beat if her attacks, and Fennekin was beginning to get exhausted.

“Okay, Fennekin, use scratch!!!” said Sunlight.

The pokemon jumped in the direction of Masquerain, ready to hit her with her claws.

“I was waiting for you to attack directly, said Viola, Masquerain, use Protect!!!”

The pokemon blocked Fennekin’s attack, and made her land on the ground. Sunlight told Fennekin to continue to strike with Scratch until her attacks broke trough Protect. After a few minutes, Masquerain was hurt by the attacks of Fennekin. But it took so long that she hurted herself a lot and was tired.

“Hum, not bad!! She said. But you merely scratched my pokemon, and your look pitiful and exhausted”

The effects of Water Sport suddenly stopped and that surprised Viola.

“What? No way, she though, the effects of my Water Sport already faded? How?”

That was due to the fact that Sunlight’s body temperature was rising inside his costume and decided to remove it, unleashing a lot of heat on the terrain. (He was shirtless by the same occasion, just saying it). The heat didn’t took long before making the water in the air evaporating. Most of it by touching his exposed skin. Viola immediately noticed it too and looked at her challenger, which have just his pants on him.

“I knew he was hot-looking, she thought, charmed by the physique of Sunlight. But i didn’t expect him to be that hot-looking, his body literally just made the humidity disappear...I have to immediately take a photo right now!! A such perfect body must be photographied”

Seeing that Viola was distracted, probably by his charm, Sunlight ordered Fennekin to use Ember, and the attack was boosted by the pokemon special ability: Blaze. The fire attack hit Masquearain, causing the Pokemon to faint in a powerful explosion of flames.

“Masquerain fainted and can’t continue the fight!! Said the referee. The first victory goes to our challenger!!”

Viola, during that time, took a few photos.

“That was worth the shot, she said to herself. You were lucky, if i can say so. You distracted me for a moment, i will admit, but that won’t happen again!! Go, Vivillion!!!”

She sent her second Pokemon, which had the form of a butterfly. Sunlight saw that his Fennekin was exhausted.

“Hey, Fennekin, he said. You did a great job, you can rest for the moment”

But Fennekin refused to give up and made him understand she wanted to continue. The pokemon faced the Vivillion menacingly.

“Told me, before we continue, asked Viola. Are you normal?”

“What, why do you ask that? He answered. I am totally normal...”

“Really, because there is no human hot enough to do what you did, she said. I mean, an human body can’t be that hot!”

“Maybe it’s because my body is so divine...he said on a seductive tone. I mean, look at those muscles, those beautiful pecks and those godly abs. Who wouldn’t melt when seeing this perfect body?”

Viola tried to resist to Sunlight’s charm, but she couldn't. Sunlight decided that was the perfect moment to attack while she was distracted again. (He had no shame to use his body to seduce Viola. Also, that was part of his battle strategy) Fennekin finished Vivillion with an overpowered Ember.

“Vivillion fainted, The last pokemon of Viola defeated, said the referee, the final victory come to our challenger, Sunlight Blaze!!”

“Good job, Fennekin, and thank you for the idea of using my body in this fight, Cinder 2.0!!” he said to both of them.

“And i am glad you listened!!” said the Motisma-Dex.

Viola got out of her trance and realized she lost the battle. She returned Vivillion in her pokeball with a little smile

“Meh, I can work with that, she thought. This is not everyday i challenge hot trainers, that was a fun moment!”

She walked to Sunlight.

“That was a very...Hum...Interesting battle, she said to him. Your strategy was unexpected but very effective, i will admit.”

“He he he, he said. You are not pissed by that strategy?”

“Nah, just a little bit ashamed, she said. I feel like you cheated a bit. But, i will give you the badge if you accept to let me take some photos of you.”

“Hum, what are you going to do with them?” he asked.

“That, this is not of your concerns, she said. I promise, though, that i will not publish them without your permission.”

“Hum, why not, he said. Where should i pose?”

Viola brought him inside the Gym and put him in front of a beach background. She took many photos with a smile on her face. She changed the background a lot of time. Then, after 25 minutes, she was done with the photos.

“I’m done, now, she said. I am proud and glad to give you the Bug Badge, symbol of your victory in Santalune’s Battle Gym! And thank you for the pictures, she said. Do i have a way to join you if your pictures have success?”

“You can call me via Cinder 2.0, he answered. This is the name of my Motisma-Dex.”

Sunlight and Viola proceeded to get each other numbers. When that was done, Sunlight put on his costume and went to a Pokemon Center to heal is Fennekin. That took a few moments, but the nurse Joy came back with his fully recovered Fennekin.

“Your pokemon have completely recovered for his exhaustion, she said. I hope that was not too long”

“Nah, i am just happy to see my little Fennekin healed, he said. Thank you, nurse Joy!!”

“That was a pleasure!!” she said.

So, in possession of his first badge, Sunlight was now ready to get another one, but before, he decided to make some shopping.