• Published 12th Apr 2020
  • 377 Views, 15 Comments

The Odysssey of Sunlight Blaze, Crossover Special 2 part 1: In the Pokemon World - Justafanfictioner



Follow the adventures of Sunlight, this time in the fabulous world of Pokemons.

  • ...
 15
 377

Chapter 7: Sunlight Vs Grant: An overheated battle

Author's Note:

Do you know it?

-The rocket boots on Sunlight's costume are special: Instead of electricity, they use Sunlight's heat and magic to recharge themselves. But they have a limit and can overheat if they are too much used.

-Sunlight's powers are handy when he fight the crime, but in his intimate life, well, they are a nightmare. Extreme peaks of emotions increase his body temperature and in most cases, bring his body temperature to double. That would be like touching the sides of a cauldron with boiling water in it.

A few hours had passed since Sunset and Sunlight reunited. They were silent for a long time, but Sunset broke the ice and hugged him. Then, they discussed about what happened to them since they were in this world. Sunset told him about her encounter with Mew, Professor Oak, Professor Sycamore, how she got her Keystone and the Mega-Gems, The Pangoro's, her battle against Viola and then Grant. Sunlight him, told her about his encounter with Professor Sycamore, how he got the Motisma-Dex, The battle with the Pangoro's, him friending Litten and Fennekin, then catching later an Houndour and a Vulpix, his battle against Viola and at the Battle Chateau, then how he acquired his Keystone and a Mega-Gem. After they summarized everything, they decided to go eating at a restaurant cause Sunset was hungry.

"Let me pay, said Sunlight. I insist."

"No, i will pay!" she said.

They argued for a long time about that, but this is Sunset who won the argument battle. They ordered their meal and waited to be served.

"Hum, tell me, Sunlight, said Sunset, do you think we are the only two from our world in here?"

"You mean if one of our friends also got in this world? he answered. This is possible, but i am going to bet that no."

"We don't even know how we landed here, she said. Do you have an idea?"

"Well, we seem to have appeared at the same time, but at different place, he answered. I remember that i wished the night before i woke in this world to live a great adventure. In some way, i suppose my wish had been granted."

"Then, what about me? she asked. I don't remember wishing to be teleported from my home to a totally new place."

Sunlight remembered beside the fact he wished for a great adventure, he also had wished to have Sunset coming with him. That was his fault if Sunset landed here with him, but decided to not tell her now.

"Hum, he said, maybe you were thinking, i don't know, to something concerning me?"

Sunset stayed silent and looked somewhere else, embarrassed. Yes, she effectively had a thought for Sunlight, each night since she met him.

"Hum, yes, i have a thought for you each night before closing my eyes, she answered. I know this is weird..."

"What? Why? he asked. There is no shame to have a thought for his family before going to bed. I have myself a thought for you and my parents each night."

Sunset didn't want to admit that she had an obsession with him. She realized it when Sunlight was gone for 2 days, which had been hard for her emotionally. She wanted so much a brother in her life and finally got one. And then the thought he would disappear, go away from her and never came back was her worst fear. She loved her brother more than everyone else and didn't want him to leave her. But luckily, their meal finally arrived, breaking this awkward silence. They ate silently and after they finished, Sunset paid the bill and the two left the place. Sunlight next went to the Pokemon Center to heal is Pokemons and Sunset came with him, realizing she let her pokemons here too. 2 more hours later, Sunlight decided to challenge Grant before the dusk and headed to the arena. Sunset told him that she would encourage him during the battle. So, when Sunlight entered the arena, he was greeted by Grant.

"Hey, you are finally arrived!! he said. And i see you are back too, Sunset"

"I am just here to support my brother during his battle" she said.

Grant told Sunlight whether he prefered to climb a wall to the top, where the arena was, or take the elevator. Not being a pussy, Sunlight chose climbing and challenging Grant to the top. The Gym Leader was the first on the top, followed by Sunlight, who was only 4 seconds behind him. Then, the referee explained the rules and gave the signal of the battle.

"Let's the battle begin!!!" he said.

"Alright, said Grant. For my first pokemon, i send you, Onyx!!!"

Sunset was surprised he didn't sent Tyrunt instead.

"Hum, said Sunlight. Make me proud, Incineroar!!!"

"Wow, i never saw that pokemon before, said Grant. I hope he will surprise me. Onyx, use Sandstorm!!!"

Onyx summoned a strong wind followed by sand and dust. Sunlight, protected by his costume and mask, was not affected but his Incineroar was.

"Sandstorm have the advantage of increasing the special defense of Rock types pokemons, said Grant. Plus, that will cause problems for your pokemons. Now, Onyx, Use Rock Blast!"

Onyx began to shoot big rock balls to Incineroar.

"Hum, Dodge them, Incineroar!!" said Sunlight.

Incineroar succeeded to avoid some of them, but one hit him. He groaned of pain, but took the blow.

"Sandstorm is very problematic, said Sunlight. I see where Onyx is, but my Incineroar won't be able to touch him. I need to find a way to counter this storm, if only i could change the weather...That's right!!"

Grant still ordered Onyx to use Rock Blast on Incineroar, who was not able to avoid all of them.

"Come back, Incineroar!! said Sunlight. I hope this Pokemon will do the job...Ninetails, go!!!"

Sunlight sent the pokemon on the terrain.

"Use Sunny Day" he said to his pokemon.

Ninetails made the sandstorm disappeared and replaced it by a harsh light.

"You are not the only one with a Weather changing move, said Sunlight. Ninetails, use Will-O-Wisp!!"

The pokemon sent on Onyx ghost flames who burned him on contact.

"Oh no, Onyx!! said Grant. End this battle quickly!! Use Rock Tomb!!!"

Onyx summoned boulders that he threw at Ninetails.

"Hum, avoid them!! said Sunlight. And then, use Flamethrower!!"

Ninetails avoided with grace the attacks and used her move on Onyx, causing a powerful explosion.

"With Sunny Day, thought Grant, Fire type moves are more powerful. If i decide to use Sandstorm, he will just have to use Sunny Day to counter it. I need to strike with precision..."

"Perfect, said Sunlight, Now, use Solar Beam!!!"

"Oh no!! said Grant. Quick, Onyx!! use Stone Edge!!!"

Onyx unleashed a series of rock blades on Ninetails, and this one released Solar beam at the same time. Both attacks hit each of the Pokemon and put them K.O in a big explosion. Sunset, watching the fight, was pumped up by emotion and fear.

"Double K.O!! said the referee. Ninetails and Onyx are not able to fight anymore!!!"

"I see you have some talents! said Grant. That Sunny Day and Solar Beam combo was very bright of you. If that was not for that, my Onyx wouldn't have fainted. But this is time to show you my second pokemon...Go, Aerodactyl!!"

He sent Aerodactyl on the terrain. Sunset immediately had flashbacks of her battle against him with Gallade.

"Hum, alright, i send you, Incineroar!! said Sunlight. Show him what you are made of!!!"

Incineroar reappeared on the terrain and looked at the Aerodactyl, who was high above Grant.

"Aerodactyl!! use Air Slash!! said the Gym Leader!"

"Don't fear it, Incineroar, said Sunlight. Get closer of him and strike with a Cross Chop!!!"

Incineroar broke trough Air Slash and jumped in the sky near Aerodactyl. He delivered two powerful hit of his palm. The pokemon is sent against the ground.

"Use Air Slash again!!" said Grant to his pokemon.

Aerodactyl got up and threw air blades at Incineroar.

"You can take them Incineroar!!" said Sunlight.

The pokemon let the air blades hit him.

"Now, Aerodactyl, use Dragon Claws!!" said Grant.

"Neat, he fell for it, said Sunlight. Incineroar, use Revenge!!!"

Incineroar wait for Aerodactyle to be close enough, then delivered a powerful punch who sent the flying pokemon right back at the wall behind Grant.

"Now, Let's finish this with a Flamethrower!!!" said Sunlight.

The attack stroke Aerodactyle and caused an explosion. When the smoke dissipated, Grant saw that his pokemon was still conscious. Sunset and Sunlight were both surprised. Grant was hesitating to use the Mega-Evolution, judging that Aerodactyl was already in pain and didn't want him to suffer more. Aerodactyl tried to get up and fly, but was too weak. Sunlight judged that was time to deliver a last attack. Sunset realized that Grant could have used the Mega-Evolution, but didn't do it by respect for Aerodactyl. He was waiting for the final blow.

"Use Darkest Lariat!!!" said Sunlight

Incineroar grabbed Aerodactyl and made him swirl around him, then threw it away violently against the ground. The dust got away and Grant saw that Aerodactyl was K.O.

"Aerodactyl is not able to fight anymore!! said the referee. The final Victory goes to the challenger Sunlight Blaze and his Incineroar!!"

Grant apologized to Aerodactyl to let him took the attack, telling him that he wouldn't make him suffer more with the Mega-Evolution.

"I hope you understand..." he said.

Grant returned his Aerodactyl in his pokeball and walked to Sunlight.

"Congratulation, he said. You defeated me, and earned the Cliff Badge."

Grant gave the badge to him and both shook their hands. Sunlight decided to head at the Pokemon Center. Before Sunset followed him, she stayed a moment with Grant.

"I know that before Sunlight delivered the final blow, you could have used the Mega-Evolution, said Sunset. Why you didn't?"

"Hum, It would just have made Aerodactyl suffer more, he answered, and the issue of the fight was inevitable."

"No, it was not, she said. You could have won the battle with Mega-Aerodactyl hands down, but you instead chose his welfare and that cost you the victory. That was very kind of you"

"This is thank to you, he said. If you didn't told me how much the Mega-Evolution was painful for him, i would have just made him suffer and suffer more. Now, if you excuse me, i have to close the arena for the night, and Viola is waiting me for a date."

"A date? asked Sunset. You and her are...together?"

"Well, kinda, he said. We are so different for each other and i think this is why we could be a great couple in the future."

Grant left the arena and Sunset a few moments after him. She ran to the Pokemon Center to retrieve Sunlight, who was waiting on a bench. She waited with him until the nurse Joy told them that Ninetails and Incineroar were totally healed. He thanked her and left the place.

"So, where do we go next?" asked Sunset, following him.

"We?" said Sunlight.

"Yes, WE, she answered. There is no way you go anywhere without me!! You really want me to be at the mercy of dangerous pokemons or criminals?"

Sunlight gave her a skeptical look.

"What? she said. You would continue your way without me? How can you think about that!! You told me you will never leave me alone..."

Sunlight sighed.

"Yes, i do, he said. If i was saying that, this is because we both want to compete at the Pokemon League. That make us rivals... And two rivals can't be together on an adventure, they need to go on their own sides"

"We are not rivals, we are siblings, she said. Can't you just understand that i need you? i need to talk with someone...Not you?"

"I have Cinder 2.0, he answered. Beside, i know you need me, i can understand that. But you need to get rid of this fear you have to lose me."

Sunset was in a mix of anger and sadness right now. He was right in one way, that her dependence to him, her need to be with him all the time was a problem. Without any of her friends, staying alone in this world was terrifying.

"Don't make that face, said Sunlight. I know you don't want to be separated from me after retrieving me."

"Stop lying, said Sunset. Admit it, you prefer the action and the adventure over me!! Why?"

That phrase was like a low blow for Sunlight.

"I sure love action and always dreamed living adventures, he said. An adventure like that is the chance of a life, and that will probably be the only one i will live. I also love you, Sunset, i care for you and you are as important in my heart that any quest of epic adventure."

"What will you do after this adventure end? she asked. Go on another one? Sure, an adventure like that is awesome and this is an unique experience, this is why i want to live it with you!!"

Sunlight was silent and was hesitating. He was fearing that if they went on this journey together, some tensions could blow between them, and ruining their relations. But he also wanted to be with her too, he felt that was his duty to do so. He was her lifeline, her guide, the only member of her family who was alive. But then, he had an idea that could advantage both her and him.

"Fine, you won, said Sunlight. You can come with me"

Sunset immediately smiled of joy and hugged him.

"Really? I knew you won't let me down!! she said. Wait, is this some kind of trap?"

"You want to travel with me, yes or no?" asked Sunlight, to avoid Sunset suspecting his plan.

"Yes, i want!! she said. But you are not the kind of guy who gave up so easily, why did you change of opinion so quickly?"

Her face was near to Sunlight's one. She was staring at him with suspicious eyes and Sunlight was feeling intimidated.

"I begin to think that was a bad idea to accept your company, he said. If you keep acting like that during all the journey, i rather prefer to travel alone."

Sunset removed her face from his face but still looked at him suspiciously.

"I am sorry, she said. This is just because you are so stubborn habitually..."

"I am just trying a new method of communication, he said. I have to act differently and accept to follow the choice of another. I am just hoping that you won't make me regret it."

"You can be sure i won't!! said Sunset. I already imagine all the things we will do together on our journey!!"

Sunlight suddenly had some doubts about the meaning of that. He couldn't avoid thinking about her exploiting him to do her chores, using him as an human shield or worst, and that was scaring him. On her side, Sunset was smiling, thinking about Sunlight cooking for her, protecting her the night and the day, like a brave knight, cuddling her when she was sad, laugh together at bad jokes and other silly things she wanted to do with him.

"Yes, i imagine, he answered. I imagine very well..."

Then they left Cyllage to head in direction of the next city on their way, walking side by sides.