• Published 28th Mar 2020
  • 841 Views, 16 Comments

Unexpected Revival... - Plutia1311



After the emergence of the Crystal empire and the defeat of their Tyrant King. It's at this time, Sunburst leaves Princess Celestia's school to live in the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
3
 16
 841

Chapter 2- Revival

Sunburst was trotting home, trying to keep his mind off what he saw in his reflection. "It's like princess Cadance said, I can change my future." He chuckled to himself, satisficed with his answer. That's what he thought until his mind began to race again, thinking out loud. "What if it can't change, maybe what I'm doing right now is leading to that future." He started to walk faster. "Then if it's leading to that future, then I'm already doomed, and if I'm already doomed, then- Ow!" His rabbling was stopped by whatever he stepped on. Sunburst raising his hoove to eye level, to see if it was tack or something sharp like and then looked down to see a broken horn.

Confused, he used his magic to pick it up and had a closer look. It was black and looked like any other old horn. "A horn, where did this come from?" He wondered if someone had accidentally broken their horn and didn't notice, but that would be almost impossible to miss. "I should probably turn it in somewhere..." Sunburst thought about where he should take it, but then had something else in mind. "I always did wonder if magic was left inside a broken horn. I'll just turn it in tomorrow, no harm in that." He slipped the horn into one of his bags and continued home.

It wasn't too far either, when he saw a large blue crystal building, Sunburst took a right and at the end of the street was his new home. It was small, but he was happy with it. So he walked to the end and opened the door. He entered the cottage before kicking the door closed behind himself. He looked around his home, noticing how empty it was. Though there were plenty of shelfs for his books, but probably not enough for all of them though when they got there. Sunburst decided to worry about it later and went into the next room over, finding a round table next to a fire place. "Alright, lets see if you still have some magic." He took off his saddle bag and pulled out the horn, placing it at the center of the table. "Where do I even start?"

The pony started tapping his chin, thinking. "Maybe channeling some magic into it?" Not sure about the idea, he decided it was worth a shot. So he started channeling energy into his horn and touched tips with the broken one. After a moment, the other horn started reacting to Sunburst's. He smiled at the small success, but his happiness was short lived when he noticed that it was taking more magic than what was originally given. It just kept taking, draining him. He tried to pull away but it kept him there, not letting go. He kept trying until there was a sudden blast, sending him down to the floor. Barely conscious, he opened his eyes and saw one of the lens in his glasses was cracked. Standing up, Sunburst picked up the glasses and tried to used a mending spell, but could barely make a spark. So he just put them on and looked around, finding that the table was flipped. "What in Equestria just happened?" He looked at what was beside the table, finding an unconscious unicorn that wasn't there before.

Though still weak, Sunburst took a step forward and that was it, stopped by the sight of the unicorn stirring awake. When they had open their eyes and looked at the student drop out, that's when Sunburst realized what he had done. The pony he was facing was none other than King Sombra himself. Those red eyes just staring at him, watching him closely. Sunburst's body started shaking, taking a step back out of pure fear. Then, Sombra stood up and took a step forward, remaining silent. The silence was what made it worse, why hadn't he done anything yet. "Pl-please, don't hurt me." Sunburst begged. Expecting the tyrant to laugh in his face, all he got in return was a weird look.

"Why in Princess Amore's name would I hurt?" The stallion said confused, this slightly calmed Sunburst down.

"So, your not gonna hurt me?"

"No, never, Radiant Hope would never forgive me. A matter a fact..." Sombra looked around his surroundings. "How did I get here?" The former king looked at Sunburst for answers. The orange pony now calm and collected, tried to come up with some and there was only one question that would help him do that.

"One question, who rules the Crystal Empire?" That confused Sombra, but he answered anyways.

"Princess Amore." That confirmed Sunburst's suspicion, he has amnesia and doesn't remember what he did.

"I'm sorry to say, but Princess Amore died a long time ago." Sombra looked even more confused. "Not just that, your friend Radiant Hope is..." The stallion started to piece together what he was trying to say, becoming disheartened and teary eyed.

"Your lying!" Sombra roared, showing his fangs to Sunburst. The sudden change of attitude scared the orange pony.

"I-I'm not, really, I'm telling the truth. I can show you." Trying to remain calm, Sunburst used his magic to retrieve the history book he read on the train and brought it over to them. After opening to a specific page, he showed it to Sombra and had him read it.

"After the death of the princess, a new ruler came to power and enslaved the crystal ponies..." That sentence alone made the former king tear up but he continued to read. "The king then soon went to war with the two sisters in a long grueling battle, he was then defeated and banished, but at the cost of the Crystal empire disappearing." He cried, sitting down on the floor. "Then how is it still here, how am I still here?"

"It just recently remerged and was returned to its former glory, you're here cause you survived the king's tyranny, but I can't say the same about Hope. I'm sorry for your loss." Sunburst couldn't help but feel sympathy for Sombra. Despite all the pain he caused as a tyrant, he had a heart before whatever drove him to such a destiny. That made the wizard think, what did drive him to it, what made his heart freeze over to enslave the entire Crystal Empire.

"H-Hope, I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there for you." The villain cried out to his precious friend. The orange pony didn't know how to comfort him, so he just started petting Sombra, feeling embarrassed doing so but seemed to work. Whatever happened to Sombra in the past didn't matter now. Sunburst was gonna make sure it doesn't happen again.

Author's Note:

Wow, this chapter was extremely hard to write. Hopefully you guys like it.

Did Sunburst do the right thing by not telling Sombra his past? Will the past repeat itself?

Find out next time...:pinkiecrazy: