• Published 23rd Apr 2020
  • 471 Views, 0 Comments

Megan’s Vacation - Brian Sheil



When vacation plans didn’t happen, Megan was given a chance to relax in Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 471

Day 2-Everfree Forest

Author's Note:

For day 2, Megan goes on a camping trip to Everfree Forest. There are mentions of another of my classic stories, "Zecora's Medicine Quest".

The sun rises in Ponyville. Inside the castle, Megan wakes up, slowly gets out of bed, and looks out the window.

It's so beautiful out here. Megan thought. Princess Celestia does a good job having the sun rise.

Megan hears a knock at the door. She then hears the voice of Twilight Sparkle. "May we come in?"

"Sure. I just got up." Megan replied.

Twilight and Spike came into the guest room as Megan greeted them, "Morning, Twilight. Morning, Spike."

"Good morning, Megan." Twilight replied jouyfully. "Did you sleep good last night?"

"I sure did. This is one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in."

Spike then noticed something different about the visitor. "First time I see you with your hair down."

Megan giggled a little. "I guess you're right, Spike. It won't take me long to brush it out, and put a ribbon on. I brought some grooming tools with me when I first came here."

"Pinkie is readying some pancakes and fresh fruit." Twilight informed. "Everything will be ready in twenty minutes."

"Okay, Twi. I'll be groomed and dressed in no time."

"Excellent. Bring your backpack with the clothes you wore yesterday for the exchange."

Twilight and Spike left the guest room as Megan got out her hairbrush. I wonder what the Mane Six have in store for me today.

Inside the dining room, Pinkie served up the pancakes, and had some fresh fruit set up. There was strawberries, bananas, apples from Sweet Apple Acres, and blueberries served. Megan came in with her hair in a lavender ribbon. She has on a light teal T shirt, blue capri jeans, and white sneakers. Everypony is amazed.

"My goodness, dear." Rarity said. "That's a nice outfit you're wearing. Basic. But, good looking."

"Yeah." Dash agreed. "Very comfortable looking."

"Thanks, guys." Megan praised. "Sometimes, I have to have a variety of clothing, you know."

"And, a variety of hair ribbons, no doubt." Twilight noticed. "That ribbon you have on matches my body."

"Glad you noticed. I brought a bunch of different colored ribbons along with my grooming tools."

"I get it." Applejack figured. "Just wearing red all the time can get boring."

"You got it, Applejack." Megan replied happily.

Soon, everybody enjoyed the breakfast Pinkie prepeared. Even Megan was eating happily. "These panckaes are delicious, Pinkie Pie. My compliments to the chef."

Pinkie Pie smiled at the comment. "Thanks, Megan. I hope you like the fresh fruit I put out too."

"I sure do." Megan soon munched on an apple. After taking a sip of water, she praised the farmer pony. "I can see why the apples at Sweet Apple Acres are praised by all of Equestria. They're amazing!"

Applejack blushed as Starlight whispered to Twilight. "Wait until Megan finds out what's in store for her later."

Later that day, Megan and Twilight looked up into the sky expecting something.

"I wish Rainbow Dash would come back soon with my backpack." Megan wondered nervously.

"Not to worry." Twilight assured. "Rainbow Dash explains to your parents what's in store for you today. And, they give you the appropriate clothing for the next day." She put her hoof on Megan's shoulder. "Don't worry. You're pink and blue outfit will be fine."

Soon, Rainbow Dash returned with Megan's backpack. "Here you go."

"Thanks, Dash." Megan said with relief.

"I'm not the only one who traveled to your farmland home."

Just then, a muscular white pony with small wings came to Ponyville carrying a case, a sleeping bag and a pillow. Megan recognized the pony. "Bulk Biceps! You went to my home too?"

"I sure did!" Bulk said excitedly. "Your parents never saw a pony like me."

"That's for sure." Megan soon saw what Bulk brought with him. "My tent, my sleeping bag, and one of my pillows. What's all this stuff for?"

"This was Fluttershy's idea." Bulk responded.

Megan was shocked. "Fluttershy?"

Twilight came along to give an explanation. "Fluttershy figured that your second day is a little camping trip to the Everfree Forest."

"Everfree Forest?" Megan yelped. "Wow! That takes me back to when I was helping Zecora."

"Oh yeah." Spike said, realizing what she was talking about. "You and her worked together to rid Diamond Tiara of a nasty tummy ache."

Megan nodded with agreement. Later that day, Fluttershy and Sweetie Belle, with their camping gear, make their way through the Everfree Forest. Megan walks right behind them.

"Thank you for letting me join you, Fluttershy." Sweetie Belle praised.

"You're welcome, Sweetie Belle." Fluttershy replied. "I'm very happy that Rarity is letting you join me."

"Like I said," Megan added, "this takes me back to when I was helping Zecora."

"That's what Zecora told me." Fluttershy said. "Speaking of which, we are camping near her home."

Sweetie Belle and Megan were shocked to hear that.

"Really?" Sweetie Belle. "Well, as long as we don't go anywhere near any Poison Joke."

"Poison Joke?" Megan wondered. "Aren't those the weird flowers that causes different effects on any victim?"

"How did you know, Megan?" Fluttershy asked.

"Twilight told me about that experience. Her horn got bent, Rainbow's wings got messed up, Pinkie Pie's tongue sticks out a lot, Rarity's hair is a mess, Applejack shrunk," Megan then turned to Fluttershy sadly, "and your voice became very deep."

Fluttershy bent her head down. "Please, don't remind me."

A minute later, the three travelers made it to Zecora's hut. As they were setting up their campsites, the wise zebra came by and saw them.

"Greetings, noble group of three. What brings you here to see me?" Zecora greeted.

"Hello, Zecora." Fluttershy replied. "Sweetie Belle, Megan, and I are camping here for the night."

"We hope you don't mind." Sweetie Belle added.

"I like to have visitors, now and then." Zecora said as she turns to Megan. "Megan, it's good to see you again."

"Thank you, Zecora." Megan replied as she and Zecora hugged each other. "I can still remember the time you and me went looking for ingredients for a brew to cure Diamond Tiara's tummy ache."

"Megan," Sweetie Belle interrupted, "wasn't there one area that you were a bit afraid of?"

"I'm afraid so. The ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters."

"I remember that place." Fluttershy realized. "That's where we of the Mane Six battled and defeated Nightmare Moon."

"Put that moment behind, adventurous lot." Zecora suggested. "I have something brewing in my pot."

"You do. What is it."

"I'm brewing some fresh vegetable stew. I would like to share it with each of you."

The three travelers smiled after hearing that. Later that night, they were in their tents, getting ready for sleep. Wearing a blue long sleeve shirt and midnight blue sweatpants, Megan looks up into the sky.

Wow. The full moon looks beautiful tonight. Megan thought. Princess Luna does a good job raising the moon nicely.

Fluttershy looks from her tent, and sees Megan looking up into the sky. The nature lover approaches the human friend.

"Admiring the night sky?" Fluttershy asked.

"I sure am." Megan answered. "I'm glad you invited me to join you for this trip. That stew Zecora cooked was delicious."

"I think so too. She goes to farmers markets to find fresh vegetables for that stew."

"That's why it tasted so good. Seems that Sweetie Belle enjoyed it too."

Fluttershy yawned and went back to her tent. "I think it's time to go to sleep. Good night, Megan."

Believing that Fluttershy had the right idea, Megan went back to her own tent. "Nighty night, Fluttershy."

Going into her tent, Megan got into her sleeping bag, put her head on her pillow, and slowly fell asleep. This ends day number two.