• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 311 Views, 0 Comments

The Red Vengeance - KaiserVanBeackmarck



An old knight of Arcturius prepares to challenge the new pony crowning himself as Kaiser of Griffonia, Heavenly Snow.

  • ...
 0
 311

XXIII XVII/IX/CXVII

“Wake.”

I shot upright, my vision restored. I was in a garden, on a marble bench. The trees all bore fruits that I knew were not of our lands. Hedges lined gold tiled paths, and at the end stood a massive golden palace that I knew was the palace of the gods. In front of me stood three griffons that radiated power, in front of a large group of white robed griffons, some I recognized like Grover I, Mikusian, Ebonwing, and Boreal Wiedergriff and other less so. The front was a three metre tall griffon, wearing a solar crown and carrying a golden staff, with feathers that shone like the sun. His eyes were deep golden, which spoke of untold knowledge. He was the true king, the Lord Boreas. To his left a shorter griffon sat on her haunches, her ears decorated with green leaflike points. Atop her head was a crown that looked as if it had been woven from branches of oak. Her petite body was shawled in a green robe, cementing her name as Eyr. On Boreas’ right, a tall griffon sharpened a double edged longsword, engraved with patterns of symbols unknown. His left eye was gone, an eyepatch covering the cavity, but his right eye was steely blue, that seemed to pierce deep into my soul. Atop his head was a steel helm, identical to mine except for the diving eagle symbol where my trident symbol sat. He was Arcturius, my patron of war.

“You did well.” Boreas’ voice was deep and rumbling, like thunder across a summer sky. “Fighting with Arcturius’ wrath, a technique old as griffons. Letting your fury strengthen you. Trying to topple the lying one, Heavenly Snow.”

I said, “My Kaiser, but did you not bless him and crown him?” Boreas roared in fury, causing clouds to thunder and Arcturius and Eyr to cower. “NAY! Eros was forced to at GUNPOINT! He is one I shall never acknowledge as our Kaiser!”

He calmed down and Arcturius stepped forwards. “Kid, you are a champion. Fury is a powerful tool and so is blood. Ya took so long to die because the anger and rage directed at Heavenly Snow was able to force your body to keep running. It was your determination and might throughout that battle. I commend ya, a true hero.”

I bowed deeply, and said, “Thank you, my lord. But did I not fail? I died, and no griffon will step up to the plate to run this offence. Wilhelm was gone, and Heavenly Snow lives! And as emperor, he will have the might of you three behind him.”

Eyr stepped forwards and said, “My dear Otto, he may have a fraction of our power, but you griffons have all of our might behind them. Now as for your death, we don’t agree. In the name of Griffonia, we shall send you back to finish this job. Once, alone. When you fall once more, there will not be another chance. But that pony will not be allowed to rule your people. You can stop him. Fight as the Red Vengeance, the Knight of The Fallen and Fury of the Deceased. Only Grover II before you has been given this, now use it well and stop the imposter.” The world began to fade and the last thing I saw was Ebonwing saluting me.