• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 310 Views, 0 Comments

The Red Vengeance - KaiserVanBeackmarck



An old knight of Arcturius prepares to challenge the new pony crowning himself as Kaiser of Griffonia, Heavenly Snow.

  • ...
 0
 310

1800 17/09/1017

In the sewers, we hid, out of the sight of the Lake City forces that had conquered the city just over a week ago. Grover II, who had only seven years ago defeated Gabriella Eagleclaw and united the Herzlands, was nowhere to be seen after the battle and we could only hope he had escaped the carnage. I was one of the Knights of Arcturius, Otto van Beakmarck, and I had failed my one job. PROTECT THE KAISER. I smashed my head into the wall, as hard as I could, into the dent I had made from all of these rammings.

“OI!” A voice got my attention. “Otto, it aint time fer crammin anymore! We got tha barstard’s plans and Ebonwing given us tha sign we want!” I looked up in shock. Ebonwing had claimed any attempted liberation without Imperial support would be uselesss. But something had changed the old griff’s mind. I looked at the messenger. My long time friend Wilhelm Wiedergriff. He was the captain of the Yalish guard, and together we often joked he was descended from Borean himself.

I reached out and took his claws, uttering, “Well bout Maar damned time we did something. I’ve nearly smashed me head flat in boredom!” He led me to a place we all knew, the Panic Room. It was a small hall underneath the Palace of Griffinheim, as a bunker where the Kaiser could hide and from there, escape swiftly to the County of Bronzehill. But of right now, it was the headquarters of the Griffinheim Liberation Army, or GLA. Nogriff knew why we chose that name, there already being a GLA down south, but hey, they couldn’t do crap.

“Alright listen up, ya lazy arse rags!” Erich Ebonwing’s loud voice echoed throughout the chamber, to the ninety four thousand odd griffons crammed into the hall and the adjoining tunnels. “Boreas ‘imself appaears to be with us, as earlier this mornin’ I got a gift from tha Diamond Dogs. “ He raised a contraption, a few wires coming out of a silver box the size of my fist. Engraved on the side was a skull and crossbones. “Three dozen of these beauties. Concession charges, powerful enough to knock down a panzer in one blast.” We gasped, as one. How Ignatius was able to spare so many, we didn’t have any idea. Perhaps Boreas himself had given them to them. “And ter further add to our blessin’s, Heavenly Snow himself, Maar damn him, is gonna be comin over fer tha coronation at sundown today. If we can knock his block off, then we can call this li’l clash a victory. Ok, here’s how it goes down.” He wheeled over a chalkboard with a map of Griffinheim pinned to it. “We’s gonna fracture into three groups. Group A, yer job is seize control of tha Greifwagen Industrials HQ here,” He stabbed a part of the map with a dagger before continuing, “Group B, get a hold on Grover V Station to call somegriff to help, I’d wager even that southern bastard Beakolini would aid us against our ancestral enemy,” He put another dagger into the board, before finishing, “And finally, Group C, yer job is to take back the Wiedergriff Airport fer their fighter and bomber surplus to get in the air. Then, we can unite ter stomp these pony thieves outta the Herzlands. BUT!” His voice echoed like a whip, startling everygriff to attention. “There is another matter, where these come in.” He waved the charges in the air. “When Snow is inaugurated and sworn in, he must do it in Boreas’ presence. He will journey to the temple here.” His last dagger was flung into the map, next to the palace.

I gasped and uttered, “You mean…”

Erich got wind of it and confirmed my fears. “Yes. We gonna blow it up.” This caused a massive collective gasp from the horde of assembled partisians. The temple had been built during Grover I’s regime and had stood since from the plains around. Even when Grover had led Yale to take it back, he had demanded no damage was to be done to it on threat of death. To destroy it would mean destroying our history. “I know what y’all are thinking. I’m mad. But this is war. And a PONY is aboud to sit on THE FUCKEN GRIFFINHEIM THRONE! You morons figure out which one is worse. Some complete MADPONY sitting on OUR throne and declaring himself KAISER of GRIFFONIA or a little piece of our history that’ll probably be destroyed by said PONY KAISER!”

When he put it like that nogriff had any complaints. He then raised his rifle and screamed, “FUR KAISER UNT VATERLAND!” Everygriff echoed the cry, raising ther battered service rifles, shaking the piping and rafters with the warcry. I raised my minigun, a trophy taken from a fallen Imperial Fighter and remodified to be handheld, and echoed the cry. Immediately we fell out, to go to the areas Ebonwing had pointed out on the map.

Author's Note:

Please notice, that Ebonwing has a gruff accent and that is why he has misspelled words