• Published 12th Jul 2022
  • 454 Views, 21 Comments

The Shattered Rollercoaster Of Friendship - FourShadow



Summertime is here, and it's time to kick things off at the newly arrived Equestria Land!

  • ...
0
 21
 454

Chapter 2: Summer Break!

One Week Later

"Summer vacation is here!!!" Sonata squeed at the top of her lungs.

The Dazzlings and friends were finally freed from school, and were ready to begin their much anticipated summer break. Several long months of slogging through stressful work and exams, and now they were finally out and ready to enjoy some free time. And to kick it off, the girls all gathered under a tree for a mini picnic. Sandwiches, chips, and other mini snacks were all around. And Bon Bon brought her trusty grill to cook.

All of them, not surprisingly, were dressed in comfortable summer wear. Adagio finally got her chance to bust out an adorable summer sundress that really showed how smooth her legs were. And best of all? She had an adorable Trixie to cuddle up with under the shade of that tree.

"Thank goodness... finally free from prison," Aria said, laying her back on the ground.

"That was not prison, Aria," Adagio rolled her eyes.

"And what do you call the time we did in St. Louis?"

"Prison."

"Exactly!"

"Hey come on, don't be such a sourpuss, it's summer!" Sonata giggled.

"Anyone want a burger?" Bon Bon asked.

"Pass one down here, Bonnie," Lyra asked.

"Me too," Octavia requested, adjusting the top of her mohawk.

"Say girls, where is Amethyst? I thought she would have joined us."

"Oh she had some stuff to do today, some family's visiting her, so she's not free today," Octavia explained.

"How are things with us back in Equestria? Any word from Princess Trixie?"

"So far nothing, at least from what I've heard. She's been doing okay in Equestria. Though apparently she's opened a school, some School of Friendship or something, it's a long story," Adagio explained.

"Sounds stressful," Trixie stated.

"It can be, if you don't know what you're doing."

Their attention turned to Vinyl and Octavia who kept their eyes going back and forth to their phones, constantly pulling them out and sighing in disappointment, as if they were waiting for something.

"Something wrong girls?"

"Vinyl and I applied for jobs at the new theme park," Octavia explained. "So if you ever stop by near one of the food stalls for snacks, that's where you'll find us."

"Assuming that we'll even get the job," Vinyl said with worry. "I really, really, really need this job. Applejack and Rarity are already applying for positions at the park, hopefully they'll get some line of work there."

"Vinyl, luv, stay calm," Octavia said with pride. "We'll get the jobs, we've got the experience."

Vinyl checked her phone again, no reply.

"Oh, I hope we hear something soon..."

"Maybe they're just running really behind on sending notifications!" Lyra said. "I know that's not helpful, but I'm just trying to cheer you up."

Vinyl softly smiled. "Well I do appreciate it. Maybe I just need to take my mind off it," she said, putting her phone down.

Food began to pass around to everyone, finally allowing them to chow down on a well deserved meal. The smell alone was making their mouths water. The fresh hot meat with hot cheese and tomatoes all meshed together, it made one tasty burger. And the bits of ketchup and mustard for the hotdogs, oh it made the food even more--

Ding.

Vinyl and Octavia's arms went straight down to their phones, pulling them up.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"I think it is."

"We'll open them together. Ready?"

Vinyl gave one nod.

"Three... two... one!"

The both of them opened up their pieces of mail, looking down at their phones. The two of them gasped, and looked at each other with the biggest grins on the planet.

"What, what is it?"

"I got the job!" Octavia and Vinyl said in unison. Simultaneously they gasped and looked at each other. "We got the job! We're working buddies!"

Octavia tackled Vinyl down in an excited hug, giggling with her friend with joy. The rest of their friends giggled as well, happy that Vinyl and Octavia got the jobs they were after.


While the girls were having their lunch, Rarity was already at Equestria Land, beginning her interview. Walking alongside with Vignette Valencia through the park as they talked.

"My name is Vignette Valencia, very pleasant to make your acquaintance Miss Rarity, and to answer your first question; yes, I am that Vignette Valencia," the adult greeted.

"Oh, I am very familiar with your work! But, um, before we begin, Miss Vignette, I-I wanted to apologize, I would have changed my hair into something more professional, but um... most of it is, um--"

"Oh relax," Vignette giggled, booping Rarity's nose. "You are free to wear your hair the way you want. I think the mohawk actually looks rather nice. You're rocking the look, so to speak." Vignette then opened up the folder, opening it up with the printed pages of the resume. "I have a very good feeling about you. Lemme just double-check here; fantastic designs that stand out, already love them. Huh, where is it--oh! Did some design work for the Royal Canterlot Theater, that's good as well."

Rarity was a bit uneasy. She had a lot of perks on her resume, yes, but she was afraid of one particular element that she was hoping Vignette did not know about...

"Obviously, I did look you up for a quick background check, love your photography by the way, although there was one thing I am curious about. I'm not always the best at catching up on local news, but there was a rather horrid report about a bullying incident... that involved you," Vignette finished, cringing a little bit as she turned to look at the fashionista.

Rarity gulped. "O-Oh?"

"Yes. I read that some student apparently had did a number on your head, I hope that didn't cause some serious damage?"

Rarity sighed momentarily, "No, it didn't. Although my hair was left in ruins, I was able to get it all back thanks to my friends," she emphasized, adjusting the back of her growing ponytail.

"Oh, that's fantastic," Vignette smiled. "Now, I don't think I have anything else to really say. Outside of that note, I can already tell have ze magicks!"

Rarity squeaked. "You can?"

"The Light Parade is the most important event in the park, over a hundred cast members, and you Miss Rarity, are going to make them look perfect!" She pointed with a prideful smirk. "Come on, let me show you the main work station," she said, enticing her to follow after.

At the table they walked past, a single phone was sitting on a table, next to a purse. Left alone while the person next to it was eating a quick lunch before having to go back to work. She didn't even see it, but a small stream of light was spinning through the air, glowing with energy. And a small energy ball seeped inside the phone on the table; it's colors turning from nice and friendly blue to an inky dark black with red energy. The person never even noticed it as the hand picked it up and set right down into the purse...