• Published 8th Mar 2020
  • 852 Views, 28 Comments

Fluttershy: Galactic Zoologist - Boogaloo10



After finding herself on Coruscant without her friends, Fluttershy begins a new life in this galaxy far, far away from her home.

  • ...
2
 28
 852

Chapter 1: Sunbeams

It was early one morning in the urban planet of Coruscant. The large orange sun shone down through the windows of the grand Jedi Temple, illuminating every room. One room in particular held nothing but a bed. Upon that bed laid a yellow Pegasus with a pale pink mane. She was sleeping calmly, despite being far from her home. This place made her feel at peace, so she happily slept on.

The door slid open with a quiet shoom noise as someone walked in. The pony, aware she wasn't alone anymore, slowly opened her eyes. She noticed the golden sunbeams streaming through the window and became infatuated despite herself. They reminded her of something that filled her with a certain warmth inside. Eventually, though, she managed to pull herself away and turned towards her visitor.

She was taken aback at the sight of her guest, and immediately felt bad about feeling that way. But the being looked so... unique. They were a biped with orange-ish skin and an oddly shaped head. Around what had to be its eyes and at the bottom of its head was some kind of metallic substance, which was one of the main reasons the pony was a little shocked at the sight of her visitor.

"Hello," the being said. They sounded like a man and spoke kindly. "How are you feeling?"

The pony thought for a bit before replying with, "Good. A little tired, though."

The man nodded. "I figured as much. My name is Plo Koon. What is yours?"

The pony looked down at her forehooves. My... my name? She thought. She wasn't really sure what it was, but a word came to mind that seemed to fit the bill. "Fluttershy." she said.

"Do you remember the name of where you came from?" Plo asked.

Once again, Fluttershy had to think about this. Her memory was foggy, but certain things were clear. "I live in Equestria. In a town called Ponyville." Looking around the room, Fluttershy thought aloud, "This isn't my home."

"No, it isn't." Plo almost sounded sadder, but Fluttershy was still to fazed to tell. "You were found alone on a pirate ship. The Jedi that found you rescued you and took you to a medical station. Once the doctors cleared you, you were brought here. You're suffering from memory loss due to head trauma, but your memory will return in time."

"...What's a Jedi?" Fluttershy inquired.

"A Jedi is a keeper of the peace. They are sensitive to the Force and use it for good. I, myself, am a Jedi." Plo gave a little bow as he finished.

"What's the Force?"

"The Force is the energy shared between all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, binds the galaxy together."

"Wow." Fluttershy sat in her bed, processing the information. A sudden unsettling thought came to her head. "I was alone? Were there any other ponies like me on the ship?"

Plo shook his head. "The entire ship was searched. You were the only one on board, excluding the pirates."

Fluttershy was disheartened by this news. So I'm the only one here who's like me? Why weren't any other... Equestrians taken? Fluttershy looked towards the window again, as if it would provide some clarity. But all she saw was the traffic passing by, silhouetted by the rising sun in the background.

Plo stood by the door, waiting for Fluttershy to say something, anything. When she didn't, he finally said, "If you'd like, I could show you around the temple, and tell you a bit about Coruscant."

"What's Coruscant?" Fluttershy said, turning her attention back to Plo.

"It's the planet we're on right now."

Fluttershy blinked, thinking. Making her decision, she said, "Okay. A walk sounds nice."

The pony crawled out of her bed, stretching a bit. She followed Plo out of her room and into the large halls of the Jedi Temple.


The Jedi Temple was nothing short of breathtaking. The halls were tall, with huge windows that gave a wonderful view of this section of the city. Plo and Fluttershy passed many beings in the hall, most of which simply smiled as they walked by. A few waved or said hello. One person in particular stayed for an entire conversation.

"Master Plo!" An orange girl waved and walked over. Glancing at Fluttershy, she asked, "Who's your new friend?"

"Padawan Tano, this is Fluttershy." Plo gestured to the pony standing next to him, who gave a shy nod. "She's the prisoner we rescued from the pirates a few days ago."

"Oh, I heard about you!" The Padawan said. "My master was one of the Jedi that found you. He told me about what happened. My name's Ahsoka Tano. It's good to meet you."

Fluttershy smiled, despite feeling a little overwhelmed by the girl. She seemed bold, the opposite of Fluttershy. "Might I ask what a Padawan is?"

"A Padawan, like myself, is a Jedi-in-training. I'm learning everything I need to know so I can become a full-fledged Jedi Knight."

Fluttershy nodded. It made sense now; the girl seemed much younger than Plo. Of course she was in training and not a real Jedi-- yet.

Ahsoka suddenly seemed a little embarrassed, causing Fluttershy to worry. She didn't seem like the type to be flustered.

"I'm sorry, but I have to know-- what's that mark above your back legs? Is it ceremonial or religious or something?" Ahsoka made a little gesture towards Fluttershy's hindquarters.

The pony turned around, unaware of what the Padawan was talking about. Fluttershy saw a little picture: three butterflies in a triangle formation, resting on her flank. She didn't know what it was at first, but a sudden memory popped up. "It's called a cutie mark," she explained to the Padawan. "Where I come from, almost everyone has them. They tell what your special talent is." After thinking for a bit, Fluttershy said, "Mine is caring for and understanding animals."

"Animals?" Ahsoka brightened up. "I know where the Holographic Zoo is! If you like animals, the zoo is the perfect place to see them!" The Padawan looked at Plo with pleading eyes. "Can we please go? I'll even bring a trooper along. Or Anakin! Pleeeeease let her go!"

Plo thought for a bit. Despite feeling a little swamped by Ahsoka, the thought of a holographic zoo nearly made Fluttershy squeal with delight. Without realizing it, she looked up at Plo with the same puppy dog eyes that Ahsoka was.

After what seemed like hours of thinking, Plo finally relented. "Alright, but you have to bring your Master along. Coruscant has been facing a rise in crime lately, and I don't want either of you to get hurt, or worse. Of course, if your Master refuses, you won't be able to go."

"We understand!" Ahsoka smiled excitedly at Fluttershy. "Meet me at the front of the Temple at six a.m. sharp. I'll be with a tall, grumpy guy." She paused. "You do know where the front of the Temple is, right?"

Fluttershy nodded, to the delight of Ahsoka. She skipped away, waving good-bye.

"Be careful," Plo said, turning to Fluttershy. "As I mentioned before, Coruscant is experiencing an unusually high crime rate. It wouldn't surprise me if someone decided to attempt to kidnap you-- or worse."

"Don't worry. I'll be with Ahsoka, and a Jedi. I'm not worried." Fluttershy smiled in the direction the Padawan had left.
What could go wrong?

Author's Note:

And so it begins...

Some questions:

  1. Why do you think Coruscant's crime rate is so high?
  2. What do you predict will happen at the zoo?
  3. (This is totally random) What is Ahsoka's nickname for Anakin?