• Published 2nd Mar 2020
  • 721 Views, 116 Comments

My Week with Luna - The Blue EM2

  • ...
1
 116
 721

By the Light of the Silvery Moon

To say that the last day for Jimmy had been interesting was something of an understatement.

Only that evening, he had gone out and decided to look at the moon, only, through strange circumstances, to be suddenly and quite dramatically be transformed into a version of Princess Luna he (or rather, by that point, she) had no familiarity with, and who looked like a stereotypical princess.

Only then did things get stranger still. Her own OC had appeared, and with her Princess Celestia, who did not seem to realise whom she was. After that, she had chosen to go back to Equestria as the Princess of the Night, and crossed through the portal with her (now) sister.


Falling out of the portal onto the ground, Luna brushed herself off and stood up, taking the vast expanses of the Canterlot throne room. The vaulting ceilings, vast Doric arches and pillars, the two thrones side by side (one for the day, the other for the night), the stained glass windows in the walls, and the red carpet followed by steps caused her jaw to drop.

"It never ceases to be stunning, does it?" Celestia asked.

"Yes, sister. I must say you did a superb job of remodelling the place while I was gone." Although Jimmy was very much still there in mind, her body and manner was firmly that of Luna, including her formal speech. "But it is the night! Should I not be on duty right now?"

"Relax," Celestia replied. "You need to rest. You have clearly been through a lot, and some rest will help you, I think."

"Then who will raise the moon and protect po- people from their nightmares?"

"I had to carry out both roles for over a thousand years. I think I can do it again for one night." Celestia suddenly regretted her words when she saw the expression on her younger sister's face. "My apologies. I remember with too much clarity the millenium we spend apart from one another, and never want to be apart from you again."

Luna nodded. "I know you meant no harm, Tia." She started to turn back towards the door, but still not quite sure of her footing, trod on part of her dress and toppled over, her skirts going everywhere.

Thankfully, both of them had a good sense of humour, and laughed as Luna got back to her feet, spreading out her garments again. "I'll have your security detail escort you to your chamber. You must be more tired than I thought."

"Thank you once more," Luna replied. "Fare thee well, and have a good night."

"Sweet dreams, sister," Celestia replied, making her way back to the throne. "Now why did I choose to wear this tonight? I need something more practical to wear all night."


Flanked by guards dressed in heavy purple armour, Luna was led through the corridors of Canterlot Castle. Her chambers were at the end of a long corridor accessed by a large brown door, followed by a flight of steps up to a tower (Luna found getting up those somewhat difficult for obvious reasons). Having reached the top, the guards opened the door for her. It was very wide indeed, at least six feet Luna estimated. The guards at the front of the formation stopped, and formed a semi circle in front of her, with the rear guards forming an identical shape at the rear. Two crescent moons.

The guard who had found her in Manteo spoke up. "My lady, will you be requiring any further assistance?"

"No thank you, Captain- pray excuse my slowness, but what is your name?"

The captain, if she was affected, showed no sign of it. "Captain Hook, my lady."

Luna suppressed a snort at that. "I would prefer to be alone for now, Captain. You are dismissed."

"Yes, my lady." The Captain bowed, and then indicated to the other guards. "Squad, abouuuuuuuuuut turn!"

The rear formation did a 180 degree turn, and the front formation followed.

"Squad, by the left! Quick march!"

Expertly weaving around the Princess of the Night, the soldiers marched out of the door and headed down the long flight of stairs, the Captain shutting the door behind her. At least, Luna thought the Captain was female. Yawning, as tiredness overcame her, she headed toward the bed, only to realise she had nothing in the room that would work as such a sleeping garment.

"This dress would hardly be fitting for retiring in," she said. It was then she had an idea. She recalled that her clothes had started to change when the moon had glowed, indicating her ability to change was somehow linked to the moon. This gave her an idea. Focusing her mind, she thought of something suitable for sleeping in.

The moon glowed in response. Luna glanced down to see, to her surprise, it seemed to be working. The bodice, which had a gap in it around her breasts, suddenly filled in, and the sleeves of the bodice shrank in size until they looked like normal sleeves. The waist of the garment increased in size as the corset vanished, making it easier for Luna to breath, the upper part of the dress turned a lighter blue.

Looking down again, the skirt suddenly glowed, and as she looked on it began to contract in size. It was as if the skirt was collapsing in on itself, the dome disappearing and shrinking into nothingness. The inner layers vanished, as if they had never been there, and this resulted in a skirt that was draped across the floor like a curtain. It brushed against her legs, and sure enough the skirt began to get shorter, pulling back towards her legs until it reached them exactly. In one last burst of transformation, it shrank back to her ankles. It was oddly comfortable, and the skirt flowed gently along her legs.

"This seems more appropriate for taking my rest in," Luna said finally. Taking off her heels, she walked over to the bed, climbed in, and closed the curtains, falling into a deep and peaceful slumber.


The next morning, the sun shot up so suddenly that every cockrel in Equestria was caught off guard. It was so piercingly bright that every teen rued the day, and Luna was shocked out of bed when the sun abruptly shone through her curtains.

She hit the floor with a bang, and groaned, looking up at the light coming in. "Why must Celestia start the day so early?" she groaned. "I am barely awake!"

Luna got to her feet and adjusted the curtains, looking out at the capital city which was already bustling with life. People walked up and down with business and other such matter important to them. Such a marvellous world she has come to.

A rumbling sound distracted her, and Luna realised it was her stomach. She was clearly in need of breakfast. She walked over to the door, and opened it. Two members of her security detail were standing there, and they both bowed.

"Good morning, my lady," they both said.

"Good morning," Luna replied. "You are both dismissed from your duties. I will find my way to breakfast on my own."

"Very well, my lady," said the first. "You heard Her Royal Highness; quick march!"

Both guards marched down the long, sweeping staircase, and Luna followed a few minutes later. Already, the Civil Service was hard at work, with papers, census documents, tax forms, and many other items being carried back and forth. A pair of butlers passed, carrying a massive pile of cake, and two others followed, their plates and platters piled high with mangoes, bread, and pitchers filled with many drinks and liquids.

"Aunt Luna!" called a voice. Luna stopped, and turned around. Rushing toward her was a much younger woman, with streaked pink, purple, and blonde hair. She had purple eyes, and a golden necklace around her neck. She wore a pink bodice with golden trim and puffed up upper sleeves (although became conventional long ones down to her wrists), and a large white skirt which, whilst not quite the size of the one Luna had worn the previous night, was impressive in its own right.

"Princess Cadence!" Luna replied, and both women hugged in the corridor. "What brings you to Canterlot on this fine day?"

"I'm here for a conference with Aunt Celestia!" Cadence replied, full of her usual exuberant energy. "Shining is keeping an eye on both Flurry Heart and the Crystal Empire. King Thorax is also on the verge of signing a trade deal!"

"That is wonderful news, Cadence," Luna replied, as the two women separated. Crystal Guardsmen came to a stop in the corridor, wielding their early rifles tightly. The lead officer had a bushy moustache and a sword on his belt.

"My lady, we have finished unloading," the officer said, saluting both Princesses.

"Thank you, Captain Steimer," Cadence replied. "Again, I have no objection to you calling me Cadence. I never was one for formality anyways."

"Of course, My la- Princess Cadence," Captain Steimer replied. "Private Barker, those cakes are for the officials only! Escort the butler to the throne room!"

"Yes sir!"

Luna suddenly noticed Cadence looking at her in an odd way. "Is something wrong?"

"It's a bit weird to be wearing your nightwear to breakfast, isn't it?"

Luna glanced down, and immediately realised that Cadence had a point. "One moment." She once more focused her magic, and a bright flash echoed in the sky.

Her skirt grew longer, until it reached the floor, and suddenly began to gradually increase in volume, before reaching a reasonable proportion, without being excessively big, followed by a darker blue patch with a symbol of a crescent moon appearing on the side. The bodice shrank back to just above her breasts, but still looped over shoulders and around her back. Long, dark blue sleeves grew to her wrists, and a pair of white gloves appeared on her hands. Her crown then materialised back into being. "Much better, I think."

Cadence nodded. "Come on, Luna! Let's see what Celestia has prepared for us!"

Captains Hook and Steimer then gave orders to their respective units to follow, and both groups of guards began to follow, protecting their charges as the room echoed to the loud double time of marching feet.


The dining table had already been prepared appropriately. Rather than the long one used for banquets, this one had only four chairs around it (the fourth, of course, being for Twilight Sparkle, who was currently away on a diplomatic mission in the Changeling lands). Celestia indicated for the two princesses to sit, and both took their respective seats as Celestia sipped on a cup of coffee.

"Tell me, sister, why did the sun rise so quickly today?" Luna asked.

"I took some coffee to help me stay awake and may have been slightly too hyper," Celestia replied.

"You weren't drinking Aunt Luna's personal stash, were you?" Cadence asked. "You are aware that she likes hers very strong, right?"

"It was enough of a reminder to not do it again," Celestia sighed. "But enough of that." She indicated to the pile of pancakes sat on a plate before the pair. "Do dig in." She looked over to the head butler. "Some coffee for Luna, and tea for Cadence, please."

"Yes, my lady," the butler replied, vanishing into the floor on a platform. The platform rose again seconds later, and he reappeared with two pitchers. "Any sugar, your Royal Highnesses?"

"Only one, if you do not mind," Luna replied.

"No thanks!" Cadence answered. "I've got quite enough energy right now. Any sugar and I'd be bouncing off the ceiling!"


The rest of the day went by fairly normally. Diplomats to see, bills to sign, children to visit, all the usual things that monarchs do. Celestia handled the bulk of the political figures, whilst Luna took on the duty of taking care of everything else alongside Cadence. The younger princess' skills of interacting with children were quite remarkable, though that probably came with being a mother herself.

As the long night began to slide in, Luna headed up to the top of the tower to start her duties of monitoring the night. As the guards switched over from day to night, Celestia bid her sister good night, and went to her quarters to rest.

Luna glanced down at her clothes, and saw nobody else was around to see her. "I suppose switching into it cannot hurt," she thought, and glanced up to the moon.

Author's Note:

I was listening to this whilst writing the chapter.

A quick note on nomenclature; the show alternates between referring to the Princesses as 'your majesty' and 'your royal highness'. The former only applies to a King or a Queen (hence, Thorax would be called 'your majesty'). As Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Twilight are princesses, and Shining Armour a Prince, they would be referred to as 'your royal highness'.