• Published 2nd Feb 2020
  • 306 Views, 0 Comments

Dseran Legacy - "Uncontrolled Emergency Landing" - Icy Creation



A human, although certainely not baseline, crashes on Equis due to... Damages... To his ship. Of course, when he discovers that Nightmare plans for eternal night, how could he leave bfore things calm down? Not like he has a choice in the matter...

  • ...
 0
 306

Chapter Two - Encountered

Teren was on the floor.
This was not what was supposed to happen.

Although really, he shouldn't have expected the inertial dampeners to still be fully functional after taking so much damage. If anything, he's lucky that he didn't just go splat on impact. That would have be- er. Sorry, not finishing that sentence, it would have been a bit spoilery. You will just have to wait.

The ship crashed deep in a thick forest, gouging a valley out of the land three kilometers long, and a kilometer and a half deep. The valley behind the ship was flooding with water, as it had cut through a moderately sized river. Smoke was pouring out of the upper decks and flooding the night sky from the forest near the new valley. It was burning, and to some, arsonists probably, it might even be beautiful. Creatures were scattering from the crash, and in the sky, a massive cloud had been cut in two by the descent. When it hit the ground, the sound could be heard for miles, an earthquake alongside the sound, and the dirt sprayed for six kilometers around.

...I didn't mean to make that rhyme.

The ship itself was in no worse condition than it had been before the crash, surprisingly. It seems that the hardlight shield did its job. There were a few scorch marks on the paint on the sides, but otherwise it was in, well, there is no way anyone could ever call that perfect condition, but certainely in better shape than it might otherwise have been. Of course, it still looked like ****, but it already looked that way when the direction you would point in to point at it was up. The side shields (Always on, powered by backup reactors. The designers had a sense of style.) were flickering, their red glows going off and back on again. The center beam was off, not distributing power any longer. The hammerhead style front (Like a hammerhead shark) was completely buried in the ground, alongside a large portion of the front of the ship and twenty five of the fourty seven decks. Fortunately, the lower airlocks, the Hardlight Docking Canal, and the- oh, wait, there aren't any escape pods, almost forgot about that. The lower airlocks and the Hardlight Docking Canal (HDC) weren't the only exits on the ship. They also had one in the bridge.

Anyway, back to Teren, and SP, and Teren being on the ground. Although he wasn't actually on the ground, as he was high above the ground, but he was on the floor. And not just standing on it, he was on the floor. Needless to say, he quickly got off the floor. Testing his wings one at a time to see if they were damaged, he extended and retracted them both individually, and not simultaneously. Or, at least, he would have, if there hadn't been a large shard of metal embedded in his left wing, blood dripping from around it. Unfortunately, it turns out that the floor really wanted him back, because as soon as he noticed the metal, he started feeling the pain, and it was a lot of pain. Fortunately, he has gotten some experience with pain in the past few months, and he knew exactly what nerves to temporarily disable with his psionics to stop the pain. After a few seconds of this groundedness, he got up, slowly, and decided to just stop the bleeding and deal with it later. At least, he had decided that until he realized that he couldn't exactly get down from the ship without his wings, since the power was off which meant he couldn't use the HDC, and the lower airlocks were buried.

So, he decided to just deal with the pain, and yanked the shard out with his telekinesis. Then he covered the hole with a telekinetic field, before going to wash the wound. Knowing that he didn't have to do it immediately, though, he decided to go look at the area he had, er, "landed," in. So he went to the LNGTV hangar and dropped the hardlight door, looking out over the forest, seeing a ruined castle in the distance. Even farther out, as he leaned out and looked around the side of the ship, he noticed a town even farther out in the distance. It appeared to be rural, with a gingerbread house and a... Carnival ride? Sure, why not. Alongside a large farm, and a... Tree. The tree was notable for having windows. And a door. And a sign with a book next to it. At this point, it is clear to him that there are sapient creatures inhabiting this world.

And then he noticed a pony with wings in the distance, approaching rapidly. A pony with a rainbow mane and tail. A cyan pony. He simply accepted this fact, as he has seen much stranger creatures. A thing he didn't do, however, is recognize it as a pegasus, as where and when he came from Earth was simply a story, and your mythology had been completely forgotten. As he noticed her getting closer, he started to slowly back up, folding his wings behind his back, preparing to raise her temparture to a million degrees celsius, in the event that she was an actual threat. As he realizes she likely won't be able to stop in time, he steps to the side just as she rockets past him, turning to her and channeling his energy through his hand, pointing it at her, creating a pyrokinetic field around it, preparing to launch said field at her if she presents any serious danger. She crashes face first into the wall.

He links to her mind to give her the knowledge of his language, before unlinking. It takes less than a quarter of a quarter of a second, before he starts talking. "Hello there. What exactly are you and why exactly did you just attempt to ram me? No offense, but it dosen't seem a particularly smart idea to ram somebody from flight at those speeds..." He laughed, "Actually, I know that from experience."

"...How do I know what you are saying?" She suspiciously (Is that the right word? Not sure actually. I apologize if it isn't.) asked, in a voice that you probably already know. If you don't know her voice, why the **** is this the first story you are reading of Equestria? Anyway, as she said this, she had turned towards him, crouched like she was ready to jump at him, her wings slightly spread in preperation for a stationary takeoff. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Who are you, anyway?"

He simply laughed at this. Already going much better than most of the similiar situations he had been in over the past seven months. At least nobody was shooting or dying. Yet. "Well, ignoring the fact that you chose to completely ignore my questions, my name is Terenilione Uis. Though most who know me just call me Teren. Its shorter. As for how you know what I'm saying, I gave you full knowledge, or at least as far as I know, of my language through telepathic information transfer. I do apologize for not asking permission first, but that would have been a bit difficult without a shared language, as you might imagine. I... Er... I also didn't exactly do it conciously, it was more instinct, really. Again, I truly do apologize, do you have anymore questions, or can I go attend to my wing? I mean, I've already stopped the bleeding, and, um... disabled, the pain nerves, but I need to go disinfect it soon. So, if you will excuse me, I'm going to the med bay now. Feel free to leave when you want to, but if you want to ask me more things, you will have to wait a few seconds while I vaporize any foreign molecules within the wound. Be back in a second." And with that he left the room, closing the door behind him, leaving a suspicious, confused, and a bit alarmed Rainbow Dash behind in the LNGTV Hangar.

She looked at the door, then the LNGTVs, then at the door he left the room through, deciding to wait and take him to the others, realizing she probably isn't the person for this.

Honestly, I'm surprised that she realized that. I mean, I'm not, I knew it was going to happen before it happened, but if I hadn't then I would have been surprised. Maybe. Probably? Rainbow isn't exactly known for that, as far as I know. Might be wrong though.

Oh, yeah, and another thing, they had a certain dark mist observing as well, so thats fun.

Author's Note:

I have the horrible feeling that I absolutely failed at keeping Bow's personality true to what it is in the show. I really hope I'm wrong, though. Anyway, another short chapter, as I just wanted to get something out involving direct interaction with a pony before I go through the probably week to two week long process of watching the entirety of MLP a few times.

Maybe more than two weeks. Hopefully not.