• Published 12th Jan 2020
  • 315 Views, 0 Comments

Roaring Winds and Rising Tides: Kith and Kin - vortex123



(An extension of Roaring Winds and Rising Tides) A teenager and his mother go on a quest to find their lost sister and daughter.

  • ...
 0
 315

Awkward first encounter

Canterlot

3rd POV

Deep in an alleyway, two individuals stirred from their slumber, and got up. One was a young looking male teenager, and the other was a young adult looking woman. Both of them had crimson red straight hair, with the teenager having short hair, while the woman’s hair went all the way down to her waist. Both had light blue eyes. The woman was wearing a purple sleeveless shirt, while the teen was wearing a green short sleeve shirt. The woman was wearing a long black skirt, while the teen was wearing black jeans, both had white tennis shoes on.

“Ow….” Jack groaned as he got up. ‘My everything hurts.’ He thought.

“Are you okay?” Nicole asked, as she looked at him, then stepped back in shock at his new look.

“Yeah….” He trails off, now noticing her new look. After taking a moment to look each other and themselves over, they look around.

“Where are we?” Nicole asked.

“No idea, but considering what John said, we might be a long ways from home.” Jack says. Nicole fums at hearing John’s name.

“The nerve of that guy, kidnapping defenseless kids just for his amusement!” She grumbled.

‘…Zoey's the last person that should be called 'defenseless', most of the time it’s the one she’s angry at that you should worry about.’ He thinks, remembering some of her many freak outs.

"Come on Jack, let's try to figure out where we are." Nicole said, walking out the alleyway, Jack following right behind her.


Maxilla POV

'This was a terrible choice, these ponies have everything they'd ever need or want at their fingertips. How can anyone so pampered be so devoid of any actual love?' I asked myself for the-I don't even know how many times. I had been here for about four months now, ever since I was kicked out of the hive. Don't get me wrong, I understood completely on why I was kicked out, it's completely logical to cut dead weight from a starving hive. I wasn't exactly the best hunter, infiltrator or informant, it was for the good of the hive, that's why I was so compliant with the dicision. After traveling a bit, I heard a couple of ponies talking about Canterlot. They said that if you get to Canterlot, then you've truly 'made it'. Now I'm positive they were talking about business, and not happiness, because I sure don't feel like I 'made it'.

So here I was, disguised as a pony by the name of Maxilla (again, not the best infiltrater), a pony male that takes care of insect based creatures. I was light green with light blue eyes. My mane and tail were black. And I was wearing a white shirt and light brown pants. I was also wearing those flip flop things I've seen the ponies wear from time to time. And most importantly, I was a unicorn, so I could still use my magic if I need too. As I walk down the street, I noticed two weird looking ponies walk out of an alleyway. Noticing me, they walk towards me, causing me to tense up. Noticing me changing my stance, the woman raised a brow.

"What's got you so tense?" She asked. I just deadpan.

"Two ponies I don't know just walked out of an alleyway, and immediately walked towards me. Why wouldn't I get tense? Especially since you look like you're out for blood." I question her, noticing the agitation in her eyes. She nods, having seen what I was getting at. The dude decided to speak up.

"We're not ponies, we're humans." He clarified.

"Humans?" I asked in shock. 'I heard that Mike had been seen escorting two creatures called humans with him.' I think to myself. Seeing him nod, I shrug, it wasn't really that important. "So what can I help you with?"

"I'd appreciate it if you could tell us where we are." She answered, I gave her a look before answering.

"You're in Canterlot ma'am. The capital city of Equestra." I say. 'Wait doesn't everyone already know that Canterlot is the capital of Equestra? I really hope I didn't make myself look stupid.' I think with a sigh.

"Ah…so let's say, hypothetically of course, that I didn't know what or where that is. Where would be the best place to figure that out?" She asked in a sweet voice. I…I can't even….And by the looks of it, the guy with her has a similar opinion, if the fact that he's trying to hide his face is anything to go on.

"…You'd check the local library." I answered. Her face turned as red as her hair and she started to sweat.

"And where is that?" she asked again, no doubt having figured out how obvious these questions were due to my undertone. 'Something tells me that just telling her won't work.' I mentally sigh to myself.

"Come on, I'll show you." I said. Seeing her beam in gratitude, and seeing the guy give a appreciative and apologetic look, I guide them to the library.

"Oh! We forgot to introduce ourselves, I'm Nicole, and this is my son Jack." Nicole said, Jack just waves.

"I'm Maxilla, but most ponies just call me Max." I introduced myself with a smile. And with that, we continue our trek in silence, with the occasional conversation here and there.


3rd POV

They had reached the library when the sun went up, much faster the the humans thought possible.

“Did the sun just shoot up!?” Nicole asked in shock.

“Yeah, everyone had been worried that something big was happening, especially after the moon flashed red for a few minutes. Glad to see that whatever it was, it’s taken care of. Anyway, here we are.” Max says with a smile before walking in, the others following behind, but not without sharing a confused look with each other.

Author's Note:

I just wanna clear something, Nicole and Jack aren't based on any pre-existing characters, their descriptions are (as far as I intended) completely off the top of my head.