• Published 3rd Feb 2020
  • 1,524 Views, 13 Comments

Soaring For the Rainbow - Soarin19



RainbowDash has finished high-school and is getting ready to go to her dream school, the Wonderbolts Academy!

  • ...
1
 13
 1,524

Chapter 8: A Rainbow Princess and Her Tiger

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Soarin's POV
We are currently 4-4. Now comes the real challenge! The undefeated 5-time raining champions, Crystal Prep University. We have never beat them and they have never lost to anyone in the last 5 seasons. We have to travel there for the 3rd consecutive season and try and win on Halloween.

Rapidfire's POV

"Alright boys," I began my pre-game speech, "The Wonderbolts may have never beaten the Shadowbolts, but the Shadowblts have never faced this new Wonderbolts team! It's time to show them that they should fear un! It's time to go to work. We have one job to do, and that's to win this game. 4-5 doesn't sound appealing. 5-4 does. This is a playoff team! A championship team! Time to show it! Bolts on 3! 1-2-3!"

"BOLTS!!!"

RainbowDash's POV

Alright, we're going to face the best team in the league. No problem. Well actually, none of my friends could travel out here, so I'm in the VIP section by myself. At least I don't have to listen to Egghead or PinkiePie yell. Oh well. Here they come.

I saw Soarin come out of the tunnel and he winked at me. I blushed so hard but was interrupted by a lot of fans screaming at him.

"Visiting team calls the toss."

"Tails."

"It is tails."

"We want the ball."

"Alright starting on Offense. Cool!"

We started with a Touchback and then 3 incomplete passes and a punt.

They took a 14 to 7 lead at halftime. Our lone touchdown was a run from the one-yard line.

Then we kicked to them for another touchback. Come on People, stop it with the touchbacks!

Then the CPU quarterback, ShadowWing, who's a jerk, by the way, threw over to triple coverage.

"Moon, into triple coverage," the announcer said, "and it's intercepted by Soarin Skies at the WBA 35 yard line!"

'Yes, let's go, Tiger!' I thought to myself since I had no one else to talk to.

"Skies down the sidelines! Into Shadowbolt Territory! To the 20, the 15, 10, 5, Touchdoooown! Wonderbolts!"

"Ya Tiger!" I screamed.

I got a lot of dirty looks from the CPU fans.

"The Wonderbolts tie it up at 14 after Soarins 5th pick of the season."

He ended up getting another pick, 7 more receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown. Bringing his total to 5 picks, 76 receptions for 1156 yards, and 14 TDs. Unfortunately, we lost in overtime. But we put up a fight against them, which is what we needed to do.

Soarin's POV
We lost, but the coach said he's proud. In fact, Rapidfire threw for the most yards against the Shadowbolts in 5 years. 18 for 29 for 234 yards and 3 TDs. Although he did throw 2 Interceptions. I just want to see my Princess at this point.

"Hey Tiger," I heard my Princess say.

"You have really good timing, Princess," I said.

"How so?"

"I was just wishing to see you!"

"Really now. Why's that?"

"Can't I just want to see you for the sake of seeing you?"

"I guess so."

"So, you ready for the costume party?"

"Yep, got us costumes."

"Why do I feel scared?"

"No comment."

"Okay, now I'm scared."

"Let's just go."

"Alright, Princess."

***2 hours later***

We drove back to Canterlot and went to Dash's house and got ready for the costume party.

"So, Princess. Where's my costume?"

"Here," she said as she handed me a Tiger costume.

"Seriously?!"

"Yep. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!"

"Good!"

"So are you going to be a Princess then?"

"Close."

"What?"

"You'll see."

A few minutes later, I put on my Tiger costume. Then I waited till she came out of her room. When she did, I didn't know what to say. She was Beautiful. She was a Warrior Princess. Her outfit matched her hair.

"So, do you like it?"

"You look stunning, Princess! Also very Fierce!" I finally said.

"You don't look too bad yourself Tiger!" she said.

***At the Party***

RainbowDash's POV

"Rainbow, Darling!" Rarity said, "You made it!"

"Of course I did. I Pinkie Promised."

"Ah like yer costumes there!" Applejack said, "A Rainbow Princess and her Tiger!"

"They are wonderful!" Fluttershy said in a hushed tone.

"Thanks! I-uh like your costumes too," Soarin said a little uncomfortably sounding because Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy were dressed up as him. Which is wierd. Especially for him. They went all out. Jersey, Padding, Helmet, gloves and everything else.

"Aw, thanks, Darling!"

"Yes, he's ma favorite singer, Wonderbolt, and celebrity in the world," Applejack said, not realizing that Soarin is right in front of them.

"Me too!" Rarity said, in a fangirl voice, "He's hot!"

"Well, thanks I guess."

"What?!" all three said together.

"I did promise to introduce you to him!" I said laughing.

"OMG!" Rarity practically screamed.

"Ya mean you're the Soarin Skies?" Applejack said.

"Uh. Yeah."

"It's so nice to meet you!" Rarity said shaking Soarin's hand up and down super fast.

"I take it your fans?"

"That's the understatement of the century!" Applejack said.

"Well, it's nice to meet you all!" Soarin said, "Friends of my Princess?"

"Yep."

"Rarity?" he said pointing at Rarity.

"He knows my name! EEEEEE!" she fake fainted on a couch.

"Applejack?"

"Howdy, Mr. Skies."

"Soarin's fine," he responded smiling, "and Fluttershy?"

"H-hi."

"Nice to meet you! So, then where are your other friends, Princess?"

"Right here!" Sunset said.

"Nice to meet you Soarin!" Twilight said.

"You must be Twilight and Sunset?"

"Yep. Big fan!" Sunset said.

"Thanks!"

"AND I'M PINKIE PIE!!!!!"

"Nice to meet you all," he said, "Thanks for inviting me to the party!"

I was talking to Twilight, Pinkie, and Sunset.

"I love your costume guys! Scientist, Cake, and Astronaut. Predictable but cool!"

"Yours is amazing!" Sunset said.

"Yes. Where'd you get it?" Twilight asked.

"I got the sword at a Daring Do convention, the dress from Rarity, and the crown from Soarin."

"He got you a crown?"

"Ya. It was his mothers."

"So, it's a real diamond?"

"Yep!"

"Very cool and authentic!" Twilight continued to praise.

"What about the Tiger costume?"

"I found it at a store in town."

"It's pretty cute on him!" Sunset said.

"I know!"

"You guys might win the costume contest!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Thanks!"

Soarin's POV

I was talking to Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy. Rarity was asking me a lot of questions like a fan-girl. I would normally be annoyed, but she's a friend of RainbowDash so I guess it's fine.

"How do you get your hair to be so nice?"

"I wash it?" I said not really knowing how to answer. To be honest, I don't really do anything special. Just Wash, Comb, and go.

"Wow!" she giggled, "Is it true you have a six-pack?"

"I-uh. Yes?" I said hesitating a little bit.

"OMG! It's true! Can I see it!?"

"Uh-."

"Rarity! Stop bothering him!" Applejack said.

"Oh. Sorry. I was just excited to meet you!"

"It's okay. I guess I'm used to it. So what do you guys do?"

"I'm studying to be a veterinarian," Fluttershy said.

"I'm a Farmer," Applejack said. I guess I should have guessed.

"I'm want to be a famous fashion designer."

"Well, you designed Rainbow's Dress right?"

"All of the ones she had worn. Which is only the one tonight and at the fall formal."

"I'd say you're really good then!"

"OMG! Soarin Skies complimented me!"

"Don't let it go to your head Sugarcube!"

"Ugh. Let me Fangirl in peace!"

I chuckled a little.

"I'm going to go see what Rainbow's up to!"

RainbowDash's POV

I was still talking to my friends when Soarin came up to me.

"Hey, Tiger. What's up?"

"Oh. I just wanted to come see what you're doing."

"Just talking. Why?"

"To be honest, Rarity's kind of freaking me out."

I laughed, "I knew that would happen."

"She does get a little carried away at times," Sunset said.

"I've noticed. She asked me about my Abs."

I blushed, "She did what?!"

"Don't worry Princess, I didn't show her."

I blushed again, "Ok."

Sunset laughed a little, "What's so funny?!"

"Nothing!"

"Whatever."

"Alright everyone, time to announce the winners of the costume contest!" Pinkie said without a microphone because she doesn't need one.

"In third place, we have a 3-way tie! Fluttershy, Applejack and Rarity, as Soarin!"

I saw Soarin cringe.

"Congratulations! You each split this apple pie."

Another cringe. This one of Jealousy. Soarin loves apple pie.

"In second, we have Sunset as an Astronaut!"

"Congratulations! You get this chocolate cake!"

"Uh. Thanks, Pinkie."

Sunset doesn't really eat sweets anymore. Not after starting her Basketball career at Hoofington University.

"And the winners are. Yes, Winners! Soarin and RainbowDash as a Rainbow Princess and her Tiger!"

"Oh cool. We won, Princess!"

"Great!" I said sarcastically.

"You win a dessert of your choice."

I looked at Soarin, "Can we please get an ApplePie?"

"We'll take an ApplePie Pinkie."

"Excellent choice. Not original. But Excellent."