• Published 3rd Feb 2020
  • 1,524 Views, 13 Comments

Soaring For the Rainbow - Soarin19



RainbowDash has finished high-school and is getting ready to go to her dream school, the Wonderbolts Academy!

  • ...
1
 13
 1,524

Chapter 2: Hey Princess

Soarin’s POV

I had just picked up Pizza for everyone. I was on my way back to the house stuck in traffic after a long wait, and constant requests for autographs.

‘I hate paparazzi sometimes!’ I thought as I drove back to the house I bought.

We had a spare bed, so my friend Spitfire suggested we bring along the captain of their high school team and went to Preschool with me. She's attending the Wonderbolts Academy. What was her name? RainbowBash. No, who would name their kid that? RainbowCrash. Ugh, now that’s just mean! I think it was...RainbowDash! Ya, much better than RainbowBash and RainbowCrash. We were good friends. She practically followed me everywhere.

***20 mins later***

I walked up to the door, and unlocked it, walking in with 13 different slices of pizza. Cause, of course, no one got the same type! I got everyone 2 slices of what they wanted, including Dash, I was told that she likes meatballs, onions, pepperoni, Spinige, and Mushroom. I just got a salad.

“Hey guys, I got Pizza!”

“Finally!” Fleetfoot whined.

As I passed them out, I couldn’t help but notice that RainbowDash wasn’t there yet.

“Hey, where’s the other girl? Did she not want to stay here?”

“Oh, she’s out on her porch,” Spitfire said.

“Ya, go say ‘Hi’. She’s been waiting for you!” Suprise said.

“Okay. Why does she want to see me? I’ve barely remembered her and she probably barely remembers me,” I said and started walking toward her room when Suprise stopped me before the door and said unusually quietly.

“Seriously?” Suprise said with a raised eyebrow. “You 2 were great friends and you haven't seen each other for years! Plus, you’re a famous pop star. Idiot!”

“OK, I get it!”

“You going to tell her?”

“The new girl? Tell her what?”

“No, silly. I was talking about Lightning Dust!”

“Oh. You know I’m too much of a coward.”

“I know,” she said, “But you owe it to Lightning Dust to not keep her waiting. Even if she is a jerk!”

“I know. I just don’t want to hurt her by saying ‘no’. What should I do?”

“I say, do what your heart says.”

“That’s the first time you’ve ever said something... So meaningful. Thanks, Suprise.”

“No Problem! Pizza Time!!!” She said bouncing away.

I opened the door to her room, and walked through, seeing a picture of her on her bedside table. She had nice magenta-colored eyes, rainbow hair and a skin tone similar to my baby blue skin. She was in a dress at a school dance or something. S-she looked like a Princess. I looked at another picture. In that one, she looked more like a tomboy. I think I’ll call her Princess, as a nickname. Maybe she’ll want to be friends!

“Hey, Princess, Pizza Here,”

RainbowDash’s POV

I looked up, 'Soarin Skies' on Youtube. I plugged in my headphones and listened to a song called, 'Hall of Fame', his most viewed.

As I listened I thought, 'This sounds similar to some of my songs. Now I remember him! In Preschool, I had a huge crush on him. I thought he was awesome then. Just a silly crush. Now, he's super tall, muscular, great voice, beautiful eyes, and h-he is so hot-' My thoughts were cut off by a voice.

“Hey, Princess, Pizza’s Here,” I heard the dreamy voice from the video say? Dreamy? Since when do I ever think anything is dreamy? Wait, Princess. Eh, I’ll let it go. It’s a cute nickname. Wait! Did I just think that?

I turned around to see a tall handsome dark blue-haired, light blue-skinned, green-eyed muscular handsome boy.

“S-Soarin Skies?” I said standing up and trying to go over to him but I tripped and fall. Yet I didn’t hit the ground. I hit... Oh no!

“Princess!!”

He had just rushed over and caught me. Oh no no no no no no... This can’t be happening! Please tell me no one saw that.

“Are you okay Princess?”

“I am now,” I said sounding lovestruck like Rarity after she meets any boy. ‘Why’d I say that?’

“Oh Good! I’m Soarin by the way. In case you don't remember me or haven't heard of me.”

‘Phew, he didn’t notice’

"I-I'm RainbowDash."

"I know. I remember you! We were good friends right?"

"Y-ya." 'Do I still like him?'

“S-so,” I begin, “Spitfire tells me your a singer now.”

“Wait, you didn’t know I’m famous?”

“I only found out today.”

“That’s wonderful!”

“I-uh... Wait, what?”

“I never find people who like me for me and not for my fame.”

“Oh, uh, right.”

“So. Hungry? I brought you 2 slice of pizza,” he said with a warming smile.

“I-I guess so.”

“Do you want me to get you your slices, I got your favorite.” Why does he have to sound so, so, so infatuating?! That means good right? Eh Probably.

“Uh Sure.” I replied, “How did you know my favorite type of Pizza?”

“Spitfire told me.”

“Oh.”

“Ok, I will be right back.”

“O-ok,”

Soarin’s POV

I stepped outside ready to call Lightning Dust and tell her that I don’t like her that way.

‘Ok Soarin, Play it cool, You’re Cool. I...'

“Hey, Soarin!”

“I’m Cool.” I’ll tell Lightning Dust later, not cool enough yet.

“Uh... Ok.” High Winds said.

I must have looked like a Strawberry because High Winds just started to laugh hysterically.

“I was just going to bring her pizza to her, that’s all.”

“Whatever Lover Boy.”

“What do you mean by, ‘lover boy’?” I asked angrily.

“Nevermind that.” she said, “I have it right here.”

“O-oh thanks.”

“Sure. So I assume you told Lightning that you don’t like her that way. OR even at all!”

“No. Wait, how did you know?”

“Suprise told me.”

“Ugh. Of course, she did!”

“You better tell her soon.”

“I will, I will.”

“Good! Cause I need her out of my life.”

I took the pizza and a water bottle from High and went back into Rainbow’s room.

“Hey Princess, here’s your pizza, and I got you a water bottle.”

“T-thanks, Soarin.”

High Wind’s POV

“Hey, Fleet, Spit, Suprise, Misty, Blaze, come here,” I said to my friends.

“What?” Blaze said annoyingly.

“Ooh, is it about RainbowDash and Soarin. I ship it! EEEEEEE!” Suprise and Fleetfoot said like fangirls, with sparkling eyes.

“Yes, and shh.”

We all went to the room to listen in. When we got there, all we heard was:

“Ohmigosh Omigosh Ohmisgosh!” from RainbowDash. What had she done?

“No worries, Dash, It’s just water.”

She didn’t.

“Let me get some towels.”

She did. Wait.

Before any of us could move out of the way, the door flung open and RD ran out into us.

“Ouch!” she said.

RainbowDash’s POV

“Thanks,” I said, taking the water from Soarin and dropping it right on him.

“Ohmigosh Omigosh Ohmisgosh.”

“No worries, Dash, It’s just water,” Soarin said to me with his enchanting smile, the smile that I love, a goofy, yet sincere grin. I mean I only have seen it for a few minutes, but I already love it.

“Let me get some towels.”

I rushed to the door, turned the handle, pulled and ran out, about 1 Foot before I ran into, them.

“Ouch!” I said, “What are you guys doing?”

“Uh, Dash we...” Fleetfoot began.

“I don’t care! Need to get towels!”

“I’ll get them.” Suprise said as she essentially teleported, she went so fast.

“Hey, Dash I heard a crash. Are you okay?” Soarin Said and froze.

“Oh, hey Soarin,” Fleetfoot said.

“What happened here?”

“Nothing.” High Winds said.

“If you say so.” He said taking the towels from a returning Surprise and went to his room.

Once I was sure he was gone I glared at my friends.

“What the heck guys?”

“Dash. W-we’re sorry, we just wanted to, uh help you,” Fleetfoot said as they all looked at the ground.

“Oh Ya, with what?” I asked still annoyed.

“Soarin, Duh!” Suprise said.

“W-what? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said.

“Your kidding right?” High Winds asked me, “It’s so easy to tell.”

“W-what?”

“Come on Dash, just tell us!” Fleet and Suprise practically glowed.

“F-fine!” I admitted defeat, “You caught me, Happy?”

“Delighted, Let us help.”

“Why are you wanting to help me so much?”

“No reason.”

“Uh...Okay.”

Lightning Dust’s POV

‘So RainbowDash thinks she can steal Soarin from me, huh? We well see about that.’

Author's Note:

Song: Hall of Fame
By: The Script
Channel: HMacU2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7OVvBilvcs
Licensed to: SME