• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 1,727 Views, 99 Comments

Legends Of Ponyville - mechafone



Follow Spark Storm and his friends as they continue to grow and protect Ponyville.

  • ...
4
 99
 1,727

7 - Temper, Temper

Flash Fire squealed as Ampelus' vines tickled the lower regions of her belly. She had had about enough of this, she would not be helplessly molested! Frostbite was here, that meant that he could at least stop the damage from spreading. Her horn lit up once more in firey orange, preparing a quick fire spell. "My my, you're a bold one, aren't you?" Ampelus whispered. "We can't have that..."

Keep talking bitch, you're about to burn! Flash Fire thought. Her spell was ready to unleash when she felt her mouth freed from the vine. She took in a deep breath, then choked. The vine that removed itself from around her muzzle was now around her throat, squeezing just enough to take away her breath. Having lost her concentration, she dropped her fire spell and started to panic, squirming and choking in the nymph's grasp.

"Ohhhh, th-that's it," Ampelus whispered in a shuddering voice. Asphyxiation always was her biggest turn on. She suddenly screamed in pain, her hold tightening on Flash Fire until she couldn't take the pain anymore and dropped the unicorn five feet onto the floor, where she lay gasping for breath. Ampelus dashed to the front of the living room and huddled at the doorway, her vine-like legs nursing her back where she had been freeze burned. Frostbite stood by Flash Fire protectively, his horn blazing with cold mist.

"Whach..." Flash Fire gurgled, her throat still recovering from being compressed. "Wha took you...so damn long?!"

Frostbite flushed with embarrassment, though he never took his eyes off of the nymph. "Sorry. Dude has a really neat snowglobe in his room." Flash Fire got to her feet, ready to scream at him, but the amused look in his eyes told her he was joking. She turned and lit up her horn. It started to emit waves of heat, an exact opposite of what was happening with her partner's horn.

Ampelus, her freeze-burn healed, glared at the two. She had to be careful. Fire and ice were even more of a danger to a nymph than lightning. Perhaps it was time to make a hasty exit. She leaned forward just slightly, her back leg curving around the door handle. Frostbite shook his head, an eager look on his face. "Uh-uh. You don't leave. Sorry, but we can't have a vine monster on the loose in this or any other town."

Ampelus froze her movements. She narrowed her eyes as she settled back down against the floor, hunched over as she tried to make herself as small as possible. "So you would sink to my level and kill a defenseless creature?" she asked, her voice soft and weak. Flash Fire scoffed at this, her horn giving off so much heat that Frostbite stepped away from her, his eyes squinting to keep out the excessive heat.

"You disgust me, you damn tree-bitch! If you're going to molest ponies and then choke them for your own personal gratification, at least be up front about it!" Flash Fire's horn was glowing now, the heat from inside it making Frostbite sweat a bit.

"Geez, Flash, tone it down, you're gonna bring the poor guy's house down!" Flash Fire turned to glare at Frostbite, a look of anger and disgust in her eyes such as he'd never seen before there on her face. He backed away from her, then lit up his own horn. Like always, she was flying off the handle and going off the deep end when she got too passionate about something. Such was the very nature of fire.

Ampelus, now fearing for her life, released her secret weapon. Her tail pulled up, revealing that it had sunk into the floor boards, elongated, and stretched under the floor until it was under everything, including the two unicorns. At the last second, Ampelus pulled. The floor came up to shield the nymph as Flash Fire unleashed her spell, searing but not killing Ampelus as she crashed backwards through the door, leaving behind a good portion of her body still under the floorboards. Luckily for her, her wound was cauterized the moment the separation occurred, or she might have bled to death in the streets.

Frostbite kept his eyes closed as he concentrated out the outpoor of cold magic from his horn. Suddenly thinking of the pegasus in the back room, he ran back and grabbed up Laser Reflex from his bed, even as flames and waves of terrible heat came into the back room. Frostbite extended his cold shield to surround Reflex just as he woke up. The pegasus looked around at his home, it's walls peeling from the heat, and he began to panic. "Wha-what?! What's going on?! Why is my house on fire?!"

Frostbite rolled his eyes, turned and smacked Reflex in the jaw just hard enough to get his attention. "Shut up for a minute! Let's get you safely outside, then we can all panic and run around like we're on fire!" Frostbite and Reflex made a face at the poor analogy. "Whatever, it's time to go."


The door bust open, splintering into firey pieces as two unicorns and a pegasus emerged from the burning blaze of a house. Laser Reflex frowned unhappily as everything that he owned was turning to ashes. Frostbite lit up his horn, casting a spell that quickly encased every surface inside the house with ice. After a moment, the fire was gone. Frostbite banished the ice before it could start to get everything wet.

"Oh...why me..." Reflex moaned as he stepped through his broken doorway into his ruined home. All his work, all his notes, that gift from Rarity, all gone.

"I...I'm so very, very sorry, sir," came a feminine voice. Reflex turned to look at Flash Fire, his eyes angry and accusing. "You did this? What were you thinking, loosing a fire spell that strong inside my home?!"

Frostbite groaned and shook his head as Flash Fire pressed her forehead against Reflex's, her temper returning. "And what were you doing with a tentacle monster that likes choking ponies in your home?! You've got a strange way of saying thank you for getting rid of her!"

Having forgotten about Ampelus in his panic, his memories of the seductive creature returned to him. So that's what happened: they found her and there was a fight. So...he was free of her? And here he was, yelling at the ponies that both destroyed his home and rid him of the monster. "Oh...um, thank you." he managed, inclining his head in thanks.

Flash Fire snorted and turned around to look at Frostbite, a 'We're done here' look on her face and stormed off. Frostbite sighed and turned to face Laser Reflex, an apologetic look on his own. "Look, I'm really sorry about your house. I'll make sure to report this to my bosses. You'll be reimbursed for your losses."

"Your bosses?" Reflex asked incredulously. "You're both unicorns with magic way beyond that of normal capacities...who in Tartarus do you answer to?"

"I could tell you..." Frostbite said, stepping closer to Reflex menacingly. "...but then I'd have to kill you." Reflex gasped and stepped away from the unicorn until he laughed. "Just kidding. We work for the Princess. See ya later." Frostbite turned around, and followed after Flash Fire, leaving Laser Reflex alone to ponder his next move.


"Fire! Fire! Somepony help!" The incessant yelling disturbed Rainbow's sleep. Honestly, what did a mare have to do to get some decent shut-eye? Wait...fire? Rainbow Dash shot up on her cloud and looked over the edge to see a home on fire.

She was about to go down and help when a strange, greenish figure ran out of the burning building and galloped off into town, then found a hiding place in a back alley behind the bowling alley. Rainbow turned back to the burning building, only to see that the fire was being put out. Making up her mind, she flew down to the alley where the figure had disappeared.

The area was dark, and filled with many obstructions like tall trash cans and large-scale air conditioners. There was no sign of the green figure. Stepping into the alley, Rainbow called, "Hello? Is anypony here? I thought I saw somepony escape a burning building, are you ok? Are you hurt?"

"Please go away," a trembling voice said. It came from between one of the dumpsters and a large a/c. Rainbow stepped closer, a concerned frown on her face.

"Hey, talk to me. What happened? Do you need help?" She stepped closer, peering into the darkness of the space. She could just barely make out a tall form sitting upright. Weird. A feminine voice like that, belonging to a figure taller than Applejack's brother? "Don't be afraid, I just want to help."

"I said go away, you stupid pony! Leave me alone!" the voice warned.

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash was through being nice. Her wings flared aggressively as she peered into the darkness. "That's no way to talk to somepony that's trying to help you! I saw you come out of that fire, you're probably in bad shape! Now stop being a jerk and let me see you!"

No sooner had the words come out of Rainbow's mouth, a blackened vine shot out of the darkness and wrapped around Rainbow's throat. She choked and strugged as she was dragged into the darkness, then placed down against her back. Her wings free, she flapped and took off into the air, still held around her throat. The two of them flew up into the air. A second vine wrapped around Rainbow's waist, ensuring she wouldn't get away so easily.

Rainbow didn't think about looking at the creature that had ensnared her. She needed to get free, her lungs were burning and her waist was being squeezed hard enough to really hurt. Adrenaline now pouring through her, she looked down and noticed that the creature holding her hung about ten feet below her. Suddenly inspired, she flew low over Ponyville, heading towards the nearest building. She flew just over the top, running Ampelus into the building. Rainbow let out a silent scream of pain as the vines around her throat and stomach pulled. She fell back against the building as the vines maintained their grip, then slowly released as Ampelus fell to the ground.

Panting, weak, in pain, Rainbow slowly pulled herself to her hooves, but the pain in her ribs brought her down to a lying position again. It felt like one or more of her ribs had snapped. Probably more than one, Dash. Reeaaallly smart move, she told herself, her thoughts dripping with sarcasm. She pulled herself closer to the edge, her eyes widening in horror to see no sign of the vine creature. She let out a yelp as she was pulled once again around the waist, this time lifted into the air and held over the creature from it's place behind her.

Rainbow got a full view of the creature's face. She was pretty, or was, at least. She had a horrible burn scar that ran from her face straight down her neck and chest. "I told you to leave me alone," she growled menacingly. She turned and threw Rainbow Dash down to the roof of the building, where she rolled helplessly to a stop a few feet away. She could only watch as the creature approached menacingly, vines emerging from it's back.

Suddenly it screamed as lightning arched down from the sky and struck her several times. Finally, she dropped to the roof of the building, her body smoking, yet still alive as she glared up at the dark pegasus standing on his cloud. He dropped down inbetween Rainbow and Ampelus, who glared at him before passing out.

Rainbow chuckled quietly as she finally relaxed. Cousin comin' to save the day? That'll work.

"You're late...stupid." she managed to choke out through her still sore throat. Spark Storm turned to look at Rainbow, an unamused look on his face.

"Uh no, you're late. We couldn't just sit around and wait for you to finish your nap, you know. We went ahead without you. This probably could have been avoided if you'd just shown up on time-"

Rainbow Dash let out a short scream as Ampelus reared up and wrapped her vine-like legs around Spark Storm. Immediately, the two of them lit up the area with shocking lights, Ampelus let out a squeak as the lights disappeared. Her body smoked once again, and she fell against Spark's back, neatly balanced on the pegasi's back. Spark hadn't moved, though he did have an amused smirk on his face.

Rainbow glared at her cousin and shot an accusing hoof at him. "You knew?" she coughed painfully at the strain she put in her voice.

"Eyyep. She was playing possum. Now let's get out of here. I've gotta find a place to put her, and get you to the hospital."