• Published 29th Dec 2019
  • 1,292 Views, 21 Comments

The Truth Behind Sunset Shimmer...? - Teddie Williams



Sunset finally has time to recall what happened during the Battle of the Bands. Surely she was mistaken when she had turned into a Phoenix??

  • ...
1
 21
 1,292

A creepy Stalker....

"Sunset may Ah please have a word with ya?" Applejack shifted slightly, closing her locker shut as she turned to face her AWOL friend.

Sunset closed her own locker, the door snapping shut as she glanced over at the cowgirl. "Sure. What's up?" Sunset slipped her hand into her pocket, feeling her phone as she wondered how exactly she and Stormy were gonna get the information that they needed.

Applejack cleared her throat hesitantly, before speaking slowly to her. "Well... you see... your not quite acting like yourself. I was wondering if something was bothering..."

Sunset's phone went off right then, cutting Applejack off. Startled, Sunset yanked her phone out to see that it was a text from Stormy. There's some sort of creep stalking me... "Um... I've got to go AJ... good talk!" Sunset bolted for it, leaving her concerned friend behind.

Applejack sighed, wondering vaguely what exactly could be going on in Sunset's life that had her so flustered.


Stormy allowed a sigh of relief to escape her as Sunset seemingly materialized next to her. The young unicorn subtly glanced over at the tree that the tall man that, in Stormy's opinion screamed spy, was standing. Even from this distance, it was obvious that he not only was wearing a dark suit and matching sunglasses, but an earpiece as well.

"Follow my lead..." Sunset murmured softly, before briskly moving to open the door to the library that they were visiting. Raising her voice so it was a bit louder, she continued. "Aren't you just so excited that our schools are doing a combined project? And we get to work on the project together! So exciting, eh, Storm Shine?"

Stormy caught onto what she was doing, and raised her voice ever so slightly. "I guess they know there isn't nothin' like twin power when it comes to projects like this one, Sun Cloud!"

Giggling like the school girls that they technically were, they entered the library. Moving with purpose, they quickly dove into their research. After several minutes of silence between them, Stormy shifted ever so slightly. "Do you think he's gone?"

Sunset paused, glancing around the library before spotting the mysterious man watching them still from across the aisle, clearly pretending to be reading a magazine. "No... and he's being very cliché about everything." Sunset wondered ever so vaguely if she should just let him know that they know he was watching them.

Stormy groaned at that, before closing the book she had been flipping through. "Great. What does he want with me anyways?" She hissed, frustration dripping from her voice.

"I have no idea..."
~Mystery Guy's Viewpoint (don't worry, it's still third!)!~

"I'm not joking boss. I was doing what you said and following her when another one showed up... and they're completely identical!" Thunder Flash tracked the two teens as subtly as he could, confusion creasing his brow.

"Keep an eye on her. Ignore the other one. It's probably just a doppelganger. I just want you to follow my princess and tell me what she likes." His boss's voice crackled in his ear where his earpiece was located.

"Yes sir." Thunder Flash shifted slightly, following the first Sunset Shimmer with his eyes as she went for another book. So far it looked like she really enjoyed learning. As did her mysterious doppelganger. Shaking his head, settled back to continue his research for his boss.
~Back to Sunset and Stormy!~

"We've been here for awhile. How does a break sound to you?" Sunset rolled her shoulders as she glanced over at the clock. "I mean if you want to continue researching, I'm okay with that... it's just that the Cakes insist on a curfew... as well that I eat dinner with them unless I ask them ahead of time, and I didn't so..."

"We can stop now. Is the guy gone?" Stormy fingered the book she was correctly flipping through, clearly uneasy about the mystery guy still being in the library.

Sunset glanced over at him, her brow furrowing in annoyance. "Yes. He swapped his magazine for a novel, but still. He hasn't left."

"Want to bet that he'll try to follow me back to my dorm?"

"Trust me... that is so not a fair bet since we know that is going to happen."

Stormy groaned at that, before standing up to join Sunset as she moved across the library. Sunset shouldered her backpack, one eye on the guy as she walked out the door.


Stormy sighed as she closed her dorm door, allowing it to snap shut firmly behind her. The dorm itself was extremely plain, due to the fact that she instinctively hide everything that was personal to her. Something that she knew Sunset no longer did, now that she lived with these Cakes she spoke so fondly of.

Flopping onto her bed, she stared up at the ceiling for a minute, before reaching under her bed and pulling out the box that the tiara had came in. The tiara was still sitting in it, glistening in the light as she carefully lifted it up out of its packaging. Turning it over, she examined it to see if she could find some sort of clue on to where it had came from. A sigh escaped her as she reluctantly placed it back. She needed to figure this out soon.... Parent-Teacher Conferences were coming up and her mother would be furious to learn that she was supposedly distracted by some mystery....


Sunset worked on her homework, what little she had left at least, for a few minutes while the Cakes put the twins down for bed. Stifling a yawn, she blinked slowly, staring blankly at the paper in front of her... and woke up to sunlight streaming into her bedroom....

And another much larger package resting next to her desk. "You...have got to be kidding me!"

Yanking her phone out, she quickly sent a text to Stormy. Another package arrived here. What about you?

She didn't have long to wait, before a text arrived. Same here. Already opened it. It appears to be a red and gold ballgown. Raising one eyebrow upwards, she ripped the package opened to find that, like Stormy said, it was a ballgown... only hers was designed for a pony to wear. Uh... I wonder why whoever is sending us this stuff thinks we need a ballgown.

Author's Note:

HI! Um... yeah. We are getting there! At least... yeah let's presume that they are getting there. Thunder Flash is an OC...and his name came from a name generator... just so that you all know! Can't think of anything else to say... Please comment below!

Teddie