• Published 29th Dec 2019
  • 1,291 Views, 21 Comments

The Truth Behind Sunset Shimmer...? - Teddie Williams



Sunset finally has time to recall what happened during the Battle of the Bands. Surely she was mistaken when she had turned into a Phoenix??

  • ...
1
 21
 1,291

Destruction of a Magical Library...

Stormy pulled open yet another door, peering quickly into it. "Yet another empty bedroom... are you sure that this place will have a large library somewhere in it?"

Sunset groaned, before checking behind another door. "Positive...I mean this is where Twilight lives, and um...this is Spike's room apparently." Sunset fought a smile as she noticed that the young green dragon was cuddling a doll that looked suspiciously like Rarity's pony counterpart in his sleep. Silently closing the door, she crept down the hallway, looking for yet another door to check.

"You were saying something about how this is where someone named Twilight lives?" Stormy prodded her counterpart, one eyebrow raised in question as she plodded down the dark hallway.

"Oh...yeah. Twilight lives here, and she happens to be a huge bookworm. If memory serves correctly, her home doubles as the town's library." Sunset paused to check behind a pair of double doors. "And I think I just found her throne room."

"Throne room!?" Stormy paused, staring at Sunset as if she had grown a second head.

Sunset glanced over at her, brow furrowing in thought. "Didn't I mention that Twilight is a princess?"

"No...that explains why this place is so big though... is Spike a sibling?" Stormy felt very small all of a sudden as she glanced around, wondering if she should be concerned about patrols.

"Assistant...I think." Sunset wrinkled her nose, confusion flashing briefly in her eyes. "Uh, he's counterpart in our world happens to be a dog... and hers is a just an average bookworm. From what I can tell, Twilight here is basically raising Spike by herself."

"You make it sound like he's still a kid."

"Because he is. Just turned ten if memory serves correctly." Sunset waited patiently for Stormy to open another door.

Stormy peered into the room, her lit horn, thanks to Sunset, lighting up the inside of the room. "Found it."

Sunset quickly slipped into the room, using a more complex spell to turn the lights on. "Come on... one of these books or scrolls should have the answer we're looking for."

"I really hope your right...or else our sneaking around here would be for nothing." Stormy muttered under her breath as she pulled an ancient looking scroll down to read its contents.


"If I scan one more book... I'm gonna scream!" Stormy growled out, voicing the same thought that was circling through Sunset's mind.

Sunset sighed as she dropped the scroll she was skimming into the discard pile... the rapidly growing discard pile if the fact that it was almost half the library was any indicator. "It's got to be in here somewhere.... Spike mentioned once about how Twilight has books and scrolls on all kinds of cultures, which means this tiara has to be in here somewhere." Sunset glanced over at the candle they were using, noting that it had gone down by quite a bit. "We probably should stop for the night and come back tomorrow."

"But we haven't found where your mystery tiara came from yet!" A purple alicorn suddenly spoke up from where she was comparing the said tiara with a diagram in a rather old looking book.

Stormy jumped, a yelp of surprise escaping her as she whirled around to stare at the newcomer. Sunset on the other hand lunged to her hooves, bewilderment flashing in her eyes. "Twilight! How long have you been here!?"

"I...uh, fell asleep reading a really good book. You woke me up when you came in. Figured I might as well help you out." Twilight blushed slightly, shuffling her hooves together as a sign of nerves.

"Twilight...you've gotta go get some sleep." Sunset gave her friend a withering look.

Stormy raised a hand nervously into the air. "Um..? If you're a princess... where is your tiara?"

Twilight stared at her as if she were crazy for half a second, before realizing that this unicorn looked exactly like Sunset. "Oh! You're Sunset's counterpart, aren't you? In that case... I don't like wearing it. Makes me feel uncomfortable."

"And by that you mean you don't like the attention it brings to you." Sunset smiled, crossing her arms across her chest. "Am I wrong?"

"Nope! And you do realize that you have a flying lesson first thing in the morning, right?" Rainbow Dash appeared behind Twilight.

Twilight shot Rainbow a withering look, exasperation flooding off of her. "Rainbow... you know that you are the one that is supposed to give me that lesson...right?"

"We've been trying to tell her that for the last four hours, darling." Rarity spoke up from next to Applejack at one of the overly crowded tables in the library.

Stormy frowned staring at the table, right before she glanced around to see that all of the main six, plus Starlight, was in the library with them. "When did all of you get here?"

"I noticed it when you turned on a light and went to make sure that it wasn't Twilly staying up too late reading again. I mean, her flying really needs worked on." "Hey!" "And she isn't gonna learn nothing if she's too tired!" (Rainbow)

"I noticed Rainbow coming over and followed her." (Applejack)

"Rarity and I were sleeping over with Starlight." (Fluttershy)

"You guys woke us up when you checked to see if my room was the library... so we followed you." Starlight supplied.

"I noticed everyone headed out over here and thought there was a party going on!" Pinkie cheerfully announced before shoving a balloon animal into Stormy's face.

"We... really ought to pay more attention when doing research." Sunset slapped her hoof against her forehead.

"Agreed. Night random magical ponies that I have never met but appear to be friends with my counterpart..." Stormy waved awkwardly at them, before bolting out of there.

Sunset sighed, before picking up the tiara and shoving it back into her satchel. "We'll be back later to continue this..." With that said, she bolted after her counterpart. At least finding the magical mirror that was the portal was much easier than finding the library had been...

Author's Note:

Hi! Watcha know... they messed up Twilight's library...with the main six's help.... and Starlight. Wait...how did Spike slept through all of that!? Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Teddie