• Published 17th Dec 2019
  • 565 Views, 12 Comments

For Love of Fluttershy (A Discord Story) - Teddie Williams



Discord knows something that all of Equestria doesn't know. He's NOT the Bad Guy!

  • ...
0
 12
 565

Discord Runs into another Problem...

"Discord!" Celestia vaguely wondered when her life turned to where she actually was helping him with...whatever this was.

Discord poofed into existence, alongside of the rest of their group. "Yes?"

"Where's the nearest library?" Celestia was already moving to leave the throne room. "As in public library?"

"Technically we're standing inside of it." Discord raised an eyebrow upwards, clearly puzzled about what she was talking about.

Luna frowned, confused on how the palace could be the public library. As if to answer her unspoken question, Applejack spoke up, slapping a hoof into her face. "Why didn't we think of that? Twilly's a big bookworm! Of course she'll have hidden the Gem in there!" With that said, the mysterious council bolted out of the room.

"Well... that just happened." Luna stated with bewilderment as she glanced over at her sister. The children that Discord was still denying kidnapping hurried after the group of friends, leaving the royal sisters alone with Discord and their unicorn companions.

Discord hummed to himself, before snapping his fingers disappearing from view. Starswirl the Bearded shook his head as he glanced over at the others. "Should we follow him?"


Discord flipped through the rather large encyclopedia, humming to himself when no precious Gem fell out. "Not here."

"I found it!" Cloud Chaser and Sapphire Shadow hollered out in unison suddenly, dropping the thick book of nursery rhymes they were flipping through to hold up the Gem for all to see.

"Perfect! Now back to town square to rebuild the Statue of Friendship!" Discord poofed himself down to where the kids where surprisingly enough working together pretty well. Something about how they were all in the same boat made them want to work together instead of fight.

Cloud Chaser handed the Gem over to Applejack, before pulling out his Gem, and making a beeline for the door. "Let's get going!"

"You guys do realize that you left us in the dust and we don't know where the library is at... right?" Sunset fruitlessly asked as she finally located the library.

"No time! We have all the Gems so we're headed to the town square!" Discord shooed the young unicorn mare out of the library.

"Seriously!?"

Discord decided that enough time passed that he should speed things up and quickly poofed everyone back to the town square. Lifting a finger up, he pointed to the run down fountain that was right smack dab in the middle of the square. "We'll rebuild the Statue here, the heart of the kingdom."

"Ooh! I threw so many parties here in the past! It's the perfect place for a Ponyville is back party!" Pinkie blurted out as she bounced excitedly as she eyed the fountain.

One by one, the children pulled out their Gems and placed it on the fountain. As if by magic the Gems connected and grew until there was only one spot left. Applejack handed the last Gem to Discord, who solemnly placed it in its proper place... as the Gem connected and grew, completing the Statue so that it appeared to be.... all species jumbled together in a hug..... a loud explosion knocked everyone backwards.

Discord groaned pain throbbing in the back of his head as he vaguely wondered exactly what just happened. As if to answer his question, a familiar voice called out to him, worry tinging it. "Discord... Discord... are you alright? Oh dear, can you even hear me?!"

"I hear you just fine Starlight." Discord forced his eyes open to find that... the entire town and been returned to its previous glory, with the citizens moving cautiously around, checking on family and friends. With the short tempered unicorn mare that was trying to study friendship magic hovering over him.

Starlight took a step back, even as Spike rushed forward. "Discord! Starlight! Rarity! Applejack! Pinkie! Rainbow! Fluttershy!" He tackled them in a hug, relief flashing in his eyes. "You're alright" The young orphan, paused, glancing down at his own chest. "I'm alright!"

"Spike!" Relief flashed through the group as the Council of Harmony hugged the dragon hatchling close to them.

"Wait. Where's Twilight? And Cadance!" Rainbow was the first one to realize that the royal sisters that they were used to seeing were nowhere to be seen.

Alarmed, they scanned the area for them, but there was no sign anyway of their existence. Scratch that. A familiar looking stallion from the royal guard was ordering his men nearby to start searching. Turning to face them, Shining Armor trotted over, his eyes darting over to Discord. "Twilly and Cadance are still missing. Same thing with Flurry but I get the feeling that since she was playing her favorite game she'll show up around here sooner or later. Any idea what could have happened to them?"

Discord frowned, perplexed about the lack of alicorns, scratching at his head before suddenly reaching in into it as if it were some sort of pocket and not a head and digging around for a bit. "Gotta be somewhere around here.... ah ha!" He pulled out a random map, unrolling it to show that there were two glowing dots, one pink and one purple, back where the blizzard was at. "Bother. Looks like Sombra is trying to make getting them back as impossible as possible. They're being held prisoner in the Crystal Empire."

"Then get going! I want my sister and wife back... now." Shining Armor tensed at the thought that they were in the hands of Sombra.

"We'll get them! No problem!" Discord assured him as he waved a hand in the air... literally. He pulled his hand off and waved it with his other hand.

"I want to help!" Summer Breeze blurted out suddenly.

"Me too!" Sapphire Shadow, Cloud Chaser, and Sandbar blurted out in unison.

"I wanna show this Sombra guy whose the tough guy!" Smolder and Gallus spoke up.

"Yona help too!"

Dicord glanced over at the last four. Zarina, Ocellus, Silverstream, and Little Strongheart all nodded in the affirmative. "We want to help too."

Luna, Celestia and the grown unicorns from Equestria blinked in surprise that all of the children appeared to have formed a bond of sorts with each other and would be willing to help complete strangers.

Author's Note:

Hi! So I guess that all just happened... we're actually getting pretty close to the end of this story! How exciting!

Teddie