• Published 11th Dec 2019
  • 1,602 Views, 27 Comments

Twisted Nightmare - ScorchingFlamesInc



Well this sucks. One day, I am writing a fanfiction about getting sent to Equestria. The next day I'm... sent to Equestria. Two problems: One, I'm Twisted Freddy from the FNaF books. Second, another human has been sent here as Nightmare from FNaF 4.

  • ...
16
 27
 1,602

Chapter 2: Manticore in the Forest

The twigs snapped under our feet as our trek through the forest continued. Luckily, there were a bunch of wide, well-used paths. But every so often, we would come across a thin path that we had no choice but to go through. And everytime we came across one, Jack would complain about how we don't fit, and the large chance of twigs getting stuck in our suits and mechanisms. I, of course, attempted to get him to listen. And always, he would reluctantly give in. But he always did have a point: it took a little while to get through the thin paths. And there would always be a few twigs lodged in our suits.

"Do you even know where you're going?" grumbled Jack as we both walked out of our fifth thin path. "I'm sick of these paths."

"Well, when we are trapped in a forest as robots with no means of direction whatsoever, we technically have no say on the matter. Either we get out of here, or stay in here and rust at some point in time."

All Jack did in response was mumble something in vulgar language. I rolled my eyes.

And then I turned a corner.

And I stopped.

"Dude, why are you-" was all Jack could say before he walked to a spot where he could see over my shoulder. Then he stopped too. Not just because I was in the way.

But rather, there was a sleeping manticore smack dab in the middle of a small field in the forest. And the creature was surrounded by sticks and branches.

"I would ask how this is possible," Jack whispered, the whirring in his voice dulled down. "But honestly, the fact I am in this situation lowers my surprise."

"Ok, listen very carefully," I said as quietly as I could. "We cannot move because there is a good chance the manticore will wake. Not only because of the noise we make, but because of all those sticks and twigs."

"What are you thinking of doing, dumbass?" hissed Jack.

"I'm gonna wake that thing and scare it."

"Dude! Are you dead in the head? We may be scary-looking, but those fictional animals could be unpredictable! No thanks. I'm turning around."

But as soon as Jack took a step back, I could hear the sound of his whirring.

Because then the manticore snorted.

"Dude!" I whispered loudly. "Quit it! You're gonna wake him."

"Well I don't see a way out of this," Jack snorted. "We stay here, then the beast wakes up and kills us. We leave, we make noise, the beast wakes up, and kills us."

"Not unless we go with my idea!" I retorted. "Besides, wouldn't some jerk like you say it was my fault for getting us in this mess?"

Jack opened his mouth. Then he closed it. Then he opened it again.

"Actually, you're right. Go ahead. The thing probably won't kill you anyway unless it goes for the head," he scoffed.

"And if it doesn't, I can just snap my fingers and end half of the universe!"

"Are we really gonna make any Infinity War puns?"

I turned around and faced him.

"Maybe," I replied. "I take an opportunity when I get one."

"Well I think you should make as much more as you can," Jack snarked.

"Why is that?"

"Because you made the dumb move to turn around and now the manticore is getting up."

"I'm not sure if I should believe you..."

"Just turn around, dumbass!"

"Would you-"

I was suddenly cut off with the sound of deep yawning. Slowly, I turned around.

The manticore was fully on its paws, eyes dreary and facing our way.

The creature shook its head. When it was done, the eyes were wide open.

We froze, completely still.

The manticore then reared its rump up in the air and began making it's way toward us.

Huh... I kinda hoped it would immediately get scared... I thought as Jack and I backed away.

No words were spoken as Jack and I backed away from the snarling creature. But only for a few seconds.

"It's now or never!" I suddenly spoke, breaking the silence.

I stopped backing up.

And then I roared.

It was loud, menacing, and definitely scary enough to give a kid nightmares.

But it seemed to work.

Because right then and there, the manticore stood up, its face a mixture of shock and fear.

And then it ran. Yelping all the way.

Jack and I stood still for a moment.

"Huh... it actually worked," Jack muttered.

I turned around again.

"NOW will you agree with my plans?" I asked.

"Don't get cocky," Jack snapped. "Though… I guess I can consider your options from now on..."

I shrugged.

"Close enough," I replied.

I turned back to the direction where the manticore had been sleeping.

"Well... the path is clear. We should get going."

I began making my way. It only took a few seconds for me to hear Jack's footsteps behind me.



At sunset



At this point, neither of us had the confidence that we would make it by the end of the day. We kept on walking. We kept on getting twigs jammed in our suits. And Jack kept on complaining.

But by sunset, we finally found something (that wasn't likely to kill us).

"Hey, I see something," I said.

"Please tell me it's not another weird, mythical animal," Jack whined.

"No. Something that looks like a structure. Though it doesn't look like Zecora's hut..." I trailed off.

"Who the hell is Zecora?"

"I'll explain later. Let's just make our way. It doesn't look like there is anything that could block us off."

And so we began to change course for the odd structure. Luckily, there were no thin paths.

When we were finally at the building, it was definitely obvious that Zecora doesn't live here. It kinda looked like Jason Voorhees' shack. Only bigger, rounder at the top, and covered in more tarps. It was so big, the doorway looked big enough for us to enter.

"I'm getting weird vibes from this..." Jack muttered.

"WHO GOES THERE?" a female voice erupted. It oddly sounded robotic. Like us.

"Y-you can hear us?" I questioned.

"I see you outside!" the voice snarled. "You can't see me, but I can see you! Now shoo!"

"Wait!" I held out my hands. "We mean no harm. We are just looking for directions."

Silence.

"Well why didn't you just say so?" she said, her voice suddenly all cherry. Come on in!"

I looked behind me and saw Jack. He shrugged.

"Just go for it," he said. "Don't blame me if we get killed."

I looked back at the shack.

And then I opened the door.

I saw a bit of dust rain down from the frame. But I didn't care one bit. Slowly, I made my way inside but froze.

Jack wasn't pleased.

"Seriously? Again?" he groaned. "Do you always stop when you see something?"

"Oh..." I muttered. "Sorry!"

I entered the building and stepped a bit further and Jack stepped in a bit more.

And then he froze too.

The inside of the shack was nothing but a large room.

And standing in front of the walls were multiple animatronics. Nightmare and Twisted.

As I looked around, I noticed three were missing.

Twisted Freddy, Nightmare, and Twisted Chica.

Jack only had one thing to say before he was cut off.

"What the f-"

"WELCOME!!!!"

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the long break. And I'm sorry to say that there will be another one. But this story will never get canceled. Trust me.

Link to poll: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/881006/poll-which-crossover-fic-should-happen

Link to other stories (if you want to read them. You don't have to): https://www.fimfiction.net/user/345991/CartoonopolisAdventures/stories

Feel free to make theories on what will happen. And always let the brony or pegasister within conquer your creativity.