• Published 24th Mar 2020
  • 1,332 Views, 6 Comments

Mono - Omegathyst



To love one mare, or more than one mare? After waking up with Celestia, Twilight contemplates her inherent polyamorous nature, the next step to take in her life, and her relationship.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,332

The Truth

Celestia glared down at Twilight, only breaking eye contact to glance at the ponies around her, taking in the desserts on the tables and confetti on the barn floor.

“So you bolted off after we made love and ignored my letter...for this?” Celestia scoffed. “Didn’t I teach you better manners than that?”

“Better manners?!” Applejack exclaimed, her jaw dropping. “This is a party to celebrate your relationship, you-”

Rarity quickly slapped her hoof over her marefriend’s mouth, the muffled words never reaching Celestia’s ears. Celestia turned her gaze away from them, and stared down at the wide-eyed Twilight. Twilight stepped forward, her muscles and eyes relaxing as she took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry for leaving without a goodbye, you deserved that,” Twilight stopped inches away from Celestia’s poofy chest. “There’s something that I need to tell you.”

“In private?” Celestia glare disappeared as she tilted her head.

Twilight glanced at her friends, before looking back at her marefriend.

“No, right here,” Twilight decided. “As you know, I’ve hooked up with some of my friends. And I’ve had the same dream of Luna and Cadance together, so when Luna found out, I was confronted with the reality of who I am. I’m sorry, Princess Celestia, but I can’t be with only you. There’s too many ponies out there to not love, but that doesn’t mean I want this to end.”

Celestia stared at Twilight as if she grew a second head, before her glare returned full-force.

“Luna did this?” Celestia growled, stepping back. “After I let her back into Equestria? Into my life?”

“Luna didn’t do nothin’!” Applejack walked over to Twilight’s side. “Twilight didn’t need this dream to know that she always felt this way.”

“I could tell that she seemed...held back,” Fluttershy added, placing her hoof on Twilight’s shoulder.

“Dude, let her have her own life,” Dash rolled her eyes as she flew to hover over Twilight, staring down at Celestia with equal intensity.

“She is her own fabulous pony, after all,” Rarity joined Applejack’s side once more. “Really now? You couldn’t even compliment her get up, only getting your ‘dick wet’ as Dash says, mattered to you.”

Celestia’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped for a few moments, before she glared down at the unicorn.

“That is not what t-this is about!” Celestia shouted, blushing through her white fur. “I could have that regardless of Twilight dating multiple ponies or not!”

“Then what’s the problem?” Pinkie asked, tilting her head and staring up at the white alicorn.

“The problem is that I’ve waited for this for years,” Celestia teared up, glancing away from the twelve eyes staring at her. Before she continued, she saw a familiar purple dragon fly to her side.

“Hey guys, sorry I’m late,” Spike landed next to Celestia, his eyes widening as he saw Twilight shaking, her friends beside her. He ran to Twilight and held her hoof.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked, staring into Twilight’s eyes.

“Celestia’s not okay with Twilight having a harem,” Rarity whispered in the dragon’s ear. Spike turned and saw tears falling from Celestia’s face and hitting the ground.

Is she trying to guilt her?

“Celestia, it’s okay,” Spike gently placed Twilight’s hoof back on the ground, stepping towards the tall pony. “Twilight isn’t breaking up with you, she just wants to see her friends the way she always has.”

“But,” Twilight began, causing all her friends to turn back and look at her. “If you can’t be okay with me seeing other ponies, I have to move on.”

Celestia turned to look at Twilight, her former student’s legs no longer shaking. Rather, the purple alicorn stood tall while her friends all surrounded her. Celestia wondered if all she did for Twilight Sparkle was too much, and if her and possibly her sister made the young mare hungry to have it all, becoming greedy in her wake. There was no swaying her marefriend right now, and Celestia’s expression softened as she shook her head.

“You...you are your own pony, Twilight Sparkle,” Celestia sighed. “Kiss who you want, make love to who you want. My feelings for you won’t fade, and I can only hope yours won’t either.”

Celestia teleported away not a second after she finished speaking, and Twilight buried her face in Fluttershy’s mane.

“Sugarcube, I don’t have any good feelings ‘bout this,” Applejack admitted.

“Imagine how hard she would’ve been without us here,” Rarity added. “Please, Twilight, never feel trapped. We are all here for you in our own special ways.”

Twilight pulled her face out of Fluttershy’s mane, only to feel Spike wrap his arms around her neck in a soft embrace.

“We love you, Twilight,” Spike whispered. “And you deserve all the love you could ever want.”

Twilight felt her heart melt as she lifted one of her forelegs to return the hug. Fluttershy and Applejack pressed themselves against her and nuzzled her shoulders, while Rainbow Dash hugged her head from above, and Rarity stepped closer and booped the alicorn’s cheek briefly with her muzzle.

Twilight knew that this was far from over, and her life as a mare of many mares had only just begun.