• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 925 Views, 15 Comments

The Story of My Geode - The Nintega Guy



I travel to another dimension and as a human with new friends, I find secrets that others are trying to hunt down.

  • ...
8
 15
 925

Chapter 7: Road Trip Chase

Previously in the last chapter: Hi. My name is Sunset Shimmer. I'm a student and pony who comes from Equestria and goes to Canterlot High School. Apparently, the mysterious villain Doctor Robotnik who we now call "Doctor Eggman" has been hunting down our powers and trying to take them by force, but thanks to Michael and I, we made sure that didn't happen. Now we are all wondering, what should we do against this evil scientist.

After the save from both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, Rainbow and Sunset contacted the rest of the Rainbooms and we all met up together near the Canterlot High four mirror pedestal where I first landed. Man that takes me back. We all gathered around to talk about some of the things that happened due to Eggman. Yeah. . . I'm calling him Doctor Eggman, why not? Rainbow explained how she was threatened by Eggman to tell about her powers, Pinkie explained the traps she set up in order to immobilize Eggman, Twilight explained how she was able to outsmart Eggman and got a cool invention in the process, and Sunset and I explained the situation when we were on our date.

"A'ight, so Robotnik is still catching us and he's extremely desperate to capture us." Applejack said. "What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know AJ" I said back. "He's got all kinds of resources to hunt us down, so I don't know how we can get rid of him for good."

Twilight put her hand on her chin and she then pulled out the Crystal Ring and she got an idea.

"Don't worry everyone. I think I know how we can take out that evil scientist." Twilight said with a determined face.

"How? By throwing him a party!?" Pinkie asked as she then pulled out her party cannon and shot confetti at us.

All of us gave Pinkie a deadpan look as she just shrugged her shoulders.

"What? We always win with the power of friendship. A party should do it." Pinkie said as she then gave out a huge smile with a squee.

"True, but this person described by Michael doesn't seem to be someone who would be wanting to make friends." Sunset said as she along with the rest of the group including was wiping the confetti off of our bodies.

"He tried to hurt my animal friends and my real friends. He definitely doesn't have any kindness at all." Fluttershy said.

"All the more as to why I'm trying to stop him from taking our powers for world domination." I said.

"Well, as I was saying, we can go back to Everfree and find out if this ring is part of our geodes so we can use it to stop him once and for all." Twilight said.

"That's it?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Then this will be easy to take out that Egghead."

"We should take Granny's van. It's the best way we can get all of us to Everfree along the road." Applejack proposed.

However, I'm not one to take the slow lane. I'd rather use my super speed and get there faster than get in a car that can go at most 100 miles an hour.

"Alright, I guess I'll meet you guys there." I said proudly.

"Huh? Darling, what are you saying?" Rarity said confused as the others were confused as well.

"Just point me which way Everfree is and I'll be there before you can 'wait'!" I said tapping my foot. Twilight pointed in the direction I was facing.

"Um. . . that way, but you should wai-" Twilight tried to finish her sentence, but I took off creating a gust of wind that blew at everyone. Rainbow Dash smiled at knowing I was one to be fast and not the waiting type.

"I like his idea. See ya!" Rainbow said as she also took off in the same direction I was going.

"Wow! Did they really just took off with 1, no proper directions and 2, just because we're not as fast as them?" Applejack deadpanned.

"Don't worry! They'll come back!" Pinkie said with a smile.

"How can you be so sure?" Twilight asked. Pinkie then pulled out a timer out of nowhere.

"Hmm. . . 3. . . 2. . . 1. . ." Pinkie counted down and as soon as she put the timer away, both Rainbow Dash and I were back in front of the Rainbooms wet and covered in seaweed and I also had a fish on my head.

"Okay!" I said as I was panting. "As we both crashed into the cold, dark water of the ocean, we both realized a couple of things."

Sunset had her arms crossed and gave us a judgmental look. "Which are. . .?"

"A. We have no idea where we're going." Rainbow Dash started.

"B. Saltwater stinks." I said.

"And C. It was wrong for us to take off without you guys because we can't do this on our own." Rainbow Dash finished.

"And now, as a little bit of karma; we're wet, cold, and there's a fish on my head!" I exclaimed.

Rarity then pulled out of a bag she had, a massive blow dryer and she pointed it at us and turned it on which dried us instantly, but due to the force of the warm air, our hair was messed up.

"So, have you all learned your lessons?" Rarity asked while Rainbow and I sighed.

"Yes." We both said at the same time as we shook our heads to fix our hair.

"Well then it's settled then, we can get to Everfree all together with Granny Smith's van." Sunset said.

"Well, I don't do things like this, but since were all together. . . Road trip? WOOP-WOOP!" I said excitedly while everyone else laughed at my excitement.

"Follow me y'all. Granny's van can take us to Everfree safely. We'll have no problems to worry about."


At Doctor Eggman's Fortress Base

Eggman was watching us the whole time through a video feed and he grew intrigued to what we were talking about. Orbot was watching alongside with him.

"So, they have a place to where these weird gems originated from eh?" Eggman said as he smiled.

"Apparently so Doctor, but how will be able to know the location of where they go? It could be underground for all we know." Orbot said as Eggman sighed and turned towards his robot henchmen.

"For a robot that's supposed to be my right hand man, you really don't know how a genius thinks." Eggman said gruffly. "We have tons of robots that can pursue those teens and don't worry I have just the right amount for the job."

"Y-Yes doctor. I believe you will be able to capture and apprehend their powers." Orbot said as he didn't want to test his master's patience.

Doctor Eggman then had holographic images of robots he could choose in front of him and he was looking through what to choose in order to chase us down.

"Hmm. . ." The doctor said trying to pick the robot for the job. "Eenie, Meenie, Minie. . . Mayhem! Orbot, send this bot out and make sure it chases those humans down."

"Yes, sir. Right away." Orbot said as he left the room and went to get the robot for Eggman.

Eggman then turned towards the screen where we were all gone as we were headed towards Sweet Apple Acres to get Granny Smith's van.

"You all can run, but you can't hide from the all power and genius Dr. Robotnik." Eggman said as he let out and evil laugh that echoed across the room. I think Eggman sounds better for him. Wouldn't you agree?


An hour later

We were all out on the highway on our way to where Everfree was so we find out of the ring was also similar to those gems that the girls wear. Applejack is the one driving and Rarity is in the passenger seat. I was sitting in the back with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie as we were enjoying the ride. Seeing though it was kinda quiet, Fluttershy decided to start up a conversation.

"So Michael. Um. . . what exactly is your world like?" She asked. Twilight, Sunset, Rainbow, and Pinkie also turned towards me as they were also interested in knowing.

"It's actually a pretty great. I almost wish I didn't have to leave it to have a new life here. There's a huge grassland area filled with cute little woodland animals and waterfalls (Green Hill)." I said as Fluttershy sounded interested with that. "There's also a huge city filled tons of shops and urban areas with a clock tower in the center (Rooftop Run)."Sunset seemed interested in hearing that. "A huge beach resort filled with some temples and relaxing oceans (Seaside Hill)." Rainbow perked up at hearing that. "There's a huge casino filled with a lot of gambling and parties that you can enjoy there (Casino Park)." Both Rarity and Pinkie liked the sound of that place.

"Well darn tootin' sugarcube, you have almost everything in your world don't you?" Applejack asked surprised.

"Yeah I guess s- Oh my god! Stop the van right now!" I exclaimed as I instantly popped my head out of the window and I saw a sign up ahead. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie stuck their heads out as well.

"What is it!? What is it!!?" Rainbow asked wanting to know why I suddenly went hyper.

"'Canterlot's largest unicorn statue?'" I said as Rainbow and Pinkie were also surprised.

"We gotta see it!" The three of us said at the same time.

"Huh? What in tarnation you three? No, this is no some family fun road trip we are-" Applejack was talking, but she then sees that we already ran there.

"And they left." Twilight said as she facepalmed. However, we all then reappeared in our seats in blurs as Rainbow Dash had a cap that said 'I love unicorns' and I was holding some unicorn figurines.

"Eh, you were right. It was lame." Rainbow Dash said.

"But hey, gift shop was cool though." I said as Pinkie pulled out some unicorn horn toys that glowed. Applejack rolled her eyes and kept her eyes on the road, Rarity gave us a confused look, Twilight had her jaw dropped, and both Sunset and Fluttershy giggled at our excitement.

Unbeknownst to us, a large tank vehicle was going across the road at our pursuit and we all didn't notice it come up behind us.

Sunset then decided to speak again. "So, Michael how did you arrive here in our world?"

Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and I put our accessories away and I decided to explain everything.

"It was about 6 months and. . ." I started, but you guys read the prologue so you already know what happened so I'll fast forward this to about 10 minutes to wear the robot is right behind the van.

"And that's pretty much it" I said. Everyone was intrigued, especially Twilight as she wanted to know more in detail about what my world has and theirs doesn't.

"Anything else!? Please! Please! Please!" Twilight said as she had a notepad in her hands and a huge smile on her face. Sunset just shook her head and chuckled. Just then, the robot vehicle pulled out a fishing harpoon out from the top and it aimed right towards the van and none of us noticed. Doctor Eggman was watching the whole thing through the robot's eye.

"Steady. . . steady." Eggman said slowly trying to get a clear shot.

"Twilight, I know you want to know about his dimension, but you should-" Sunset couldn't finish her sentence as the harpoon shot through the center of the van scaring everyone including me.

"WHAT IN TARNATION?!?!" Applejack yelled as we all look back to see the robot that had shot through the vehicle. I got a serious look on my face as I know who could've done that.

"YEAH! DOWN THE MIDDLE!" Eggman cheered to himself.

"Eggman!" I said. Everyone else stared at me in confusion except for Pinkie and Sunset.

"Who?!" The majority said.

"Oh! That's right! I decided to give that whacko the nickname Eggman because it fits him." I said.

"I already knew!" Pinkie said.

"What?! How?!" I asked.

"Just Pinkie Pie stuff." She replied. Applejack was not amused though.

"As much as we all want to know how Pinkie does random things, have any of y'all noticed that THERE'S A DARN HARPOON STUCK IN THE FRONT OF THE VAN!!!" Applejack yelled worriedly.

Applejack was trying to steer the van so she could try to throw it off, but it was no use. I then decided to open the roof and get on top of the van.

"Michael darling, what are you doing?!" Rarity asked.

"Something crazy! Don't worry girls, I got this." I said as I jumped of the van and spin dashed at the robot in a fast pace. "Here comes the BOOM!!!"

I collided with the robot and it was partly destroyed as the harpoon came out of the van and it was tipped to it's side. Applejack stopped the van as she along with the rest looked at me with their jaws dropped. I uncurled and stood up back on my feet and looked at the trashed robot with a smile. I rushed towards it and break danced.

"Oh, yeah baby! A-Michael 1, A-Big Tank 0. I'm sorry could we get that on camera please?" I gloated.

"How are you not dead!?" Twilight asked.

"I have no idea!" I simply answered. "Did you girls see me dancing?"

Rarity rolled her eyes, but had a smug look on her face. "Yes, darling we saw you dance."

I turned back to the large robot tank vehicle and gave a message to it. "Is that all you got?"

Eggman smirked as he was watching me gloat. "No, but thank you asking again." He said as he then pressed a button which caused me to hear a noise on the robot as it didn't sound good.

"Uh Oh." I said.

"Michael, you might wanna get back in the van!" Applejack said worriedly. I did just that as she drove away and the tank then let out another that was smaller and had two claws at the front of the wheels. It then chased us again.

"Aww, I think that tank just had a baby." Fluttershy said.

"Well, this baby is about to get a spanking." I said. "Dash, Twilight, I'll need your help for this one."

The small vehicle then shot what looked to be discs as Sunset saw them flying towards us.

"Incoming!" She said.

Applejack made the van dodge the disc as it flew off to the side and exploded worrying all of us. I got back on the roof of the van as Twilight and Rainbow Dash followed me up. The vehicle then shot out two more discs at us.

"Twilight! Catch those with your magic!" I said as she did just that. "Now bring them to me and Dash."

"Why?" She asked.

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing." I replied. "Do you like skateboarding Dash?"

Rainbow Dash perked up at this and knew what I was implying. "You know it!"

Twilight brought the two discs over to us and me and Rainbow Dash took one. We then used both of our super speed to run on the road, throw the discs down and used them like skateboards to maneuver ourselves to the vehicle. Both Rainbow and I jumped on the vehicle with the discs still in our possession and we look into the eye of it in case Eggman was watching us in which he was confused on what we were doing

"Hello everyone, welcome back to our livestream. Today we going to teach you how to destroy robots. Rainbow, care to show them how it's done?" I said.

"Of course Michael. Step 1, alley-oop!" Rainbow Dash said as she bashes the disk on the robot as I did the same and it drove itself off of the road and blew up. Both Rainbow and I got back in the van and we high-five each other.

"Ha ha, we did it!" I said.

As I said that however another robot got back on the road in the form of a unicycle and it had spikes coming out the sides of the wheels.

"We. . . did not do it." Rainbow Dash said. "Just who is this crazy Egghead?"

Doctor Eggman was still watching us as he smirked from our clueless behaviors. "Ever wondered where your insurance money is going?" He said.

"A'ight my turn." Applejack said as she got of the driver to go to wear Twilight, Sunset and Fluttershy was and opened the side of the van and pulled out a stone hammer. "Michael! Drive us and keep us going straight."

I chuckled and got to the front to take the steering wheel. "Ha, ha. I feel this is one of those car chase scenes in movies."

"It actually is!" Pinkie said.

The robot was getting closer to vehicle and Applejack tried to smash it, but she kept missing.

"Word of advice. Roll up into a ball and smash him with your body." I said.

"That's your ability." Twilight told me with a confused look.

Everyone was seeing how well I was doing driving, considering this is my first time, but I had a little help. . .

"Whoa! Where did y'all learn how to drive!?" Applejack asked.

"Here, Pinkie's giving this instruction manual. It's happening as we speak." I said as everyone looked to see Pinkie guiding me how to drive.

"Darn it. I can't reach it. Bring it closer." Applejack said as she still couldn't smash the robot.

"How?" I asked.

"Hit the brakes." She replied.

"Oh, you mean this one?" I asked as I floored the gas pedal and everyone was almost launched backwards, but luckily I stopped.

"THE OTHER BRAKES!!!" The girls yelled at me as I then floored the other pedal and it brought Applejack close enough to where she then whacked the hammer on the robot and it fell down to the ground. Applejack smirked and chuckled and went back in the van to take the driver's seat. Eggman saw this and he was not happy.

"Oh! Give me a big. . . fat. . . break!" He said slamming his hands on a desk.

The robot that Applejack smashed up then let out a tiny robot with a helicopter rotor on top of it. It flies towards the van and it reaches towards Twilight's window. She's sees it and her eyes sparkle at the tiny thing.

"Aw, this is one is cute! Let's keep him!" Twilight said as I also saw the robot and I gain a worry look.

"No! SMASH THAT!" I yelled.

"Huh?" Twilight said as she didn't listen. However the robot shot out a laser beam at the van and it was cutting off the top in a steady pace surprising everyone.

"Oh, come on!" Applejack said as she facepalms.

"How can something so adorable, be so terrible?" Twilight asked.

"Even the little things can make a big difference Twi. Trust me." I responded.

Rarity tried to shoo it away, but it didn't work. Pinkie tried to blow on the robot, but that didn't work either.

"You guys got car insurance, right Applejack?" I asked as I poked my head out the window to see that it was finished ripping the top of the van off. As the top came off, we all let a scream and saw it crash on the road. The robot then flies at Rainbow Dash and she caught it with her hand.

"Buzz off!" She said as she removed the helicopter part, but it then suddenly got stuck on her hand and made a steady beeping noise. "That doesn't sound good."

"No, it's bad! Get rid of it!" I yelled.

"I'm trying!" Rainbow Dash yelled back as she was shaking her hand as the robot turned into a sticky grenade.

"Throw it out the window! Throw it anywhere!" Sunset said as she was panicking.

"I can't get it off!" Rainbow Dash said as the robot was stuck on her.

"A'ight y'all, I'm pulling over." Applejack said as she did just that on some flat terrain of dirt beside the road. Rainbow Dash jumped out and ran all over the place trying to get the grenade off, but it ended up on her forehead which she didn't notice.

"Did I get it?" She asked.

"No!" I said as I pointed to it on her forehead which made her panic as the beeping was getting faster.

"Here. Hold your horses Rainbow Dash." Applejack said as Rainbow Dash stood still like she was told.

Applejack got a handkerchief and pulled the grenade off of Rainbow Dash and she threw it into the forest.

"It going. . . it's going. . ." I said watching the grenade fly.

"It's still here!" Twilight said as Applejack opened her palm and the grenade was still on her hand. She shook her hand wildly, but it wasn't coming off.

We gasped as the beeping got even faster and I rushed to the truck of the van to see if Applejack had her toolbox. Lucky enough, she did and I grabbed a wrench and went back to Applejack pulling the grenade off and made it sit on a rock.

"Alright everyone! RUN!" I yelled as everyone got back in the van as fast as they could and as soon as Applejack drove onto the road the grenade let out a single beep and exploded and the explosion almost reached us, but didn't.

"That was too close." Sunset said.

"Agreed dear." Rarity added.

"Sorry about the van, Applejack." I apologized.

"Ah, don't sweat it sugarcube. It ain't no ones fault, but that darn Robotnik." She replied. I was glad that she didn't find this a big deal.

Back in the fortress, Eggman was growling from under his breath from his failure to try to capture us with Orbot watching as well.

"Wow!" Orbot said. "They are survivors. Perhaps they may even be harder to capture than we thought, eh Doctor."

Eggman turned around and walked up to Orbot an gave him an angry look. "Pin yourself to the wall." Eggman said as Orbot did just that with a look of fear on his face. "I am going to rip all of your parts out one by one and then put you back together blindfolded. Those humans are our enemies and we do not feel any sympathy for our enemies. Do I make myself clear?"

Orbot gulped. "Y-Yes Doctor. . . but perhaps I can show you something that doesn't involve taking me apart?"

"This better be good." Eggman said as he was holding a wrench behind his back.

Orbot then pulled out a blue glowing gem that looked similar to a diamond. I was my Chaos Emerald that I brought here with me and they somehow stole it. Doctor Eggman gave a surprising look to Orbot.

"Is that a Chaos Emerald?" He asked with an astonished look.

"Yes sir, One of our robots were scanning individual homes in Canterlot, and just so, we were lucky enough to find this in a human's home. Or should I say. . . human hedgehog's home." Orbot said.

Doctor Eggman took the Chaos Emerald from Orbot's hands and he had an evil look on his face.

"Orbot." He said.

"Doctor?" Orbot replied.

"Bring me all of my worker robots to build me a new weapon." Eggman said.

"Of course, sir." Orbot said as he saluted and left the room.

"I told that brat that I'll get his powers, even if I have to hurt people. This city, is my city and as the descendant of all of the previous Eggman. It is my duty to get what I want. . . a world filled with nothing, but metal.

Author's Note:

Next time: Doctor Robotnik get's the idea to terrorize Canterlot High and it's up to us to make sure everyone's safe.

I actually have to say that this chapter is probably my favorite one I have written yet. Mostly because it used one of my favorite scenes from the Sonic Movie. Anyway thanks for reading this chapter and I'll see you guys next month. :twilightsmile: