• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 925 Views, 15 Comments

The Story of My Geode - The Nintega Guy



I travel to another dimension and as a human with new friends, I find secrets that others are trying to hunt down.

  • ...
8
 15
 925

Chapter 6: Hunted

Previously in the last chapter: Hello everyone, My name is Pinkie Pie. I'm a huge party planner that just loves to make my smile. Michael revealed his deep secrets to us and why he's even on our dimension in the first place. The fact I met someone else from another dimension means MORE FRIENDS!!! He even showed us some of his other skills in the process. I can't wait for what the writer has for us in the chapter especially the part where I show up and- *I appear and cover Pinkie's mouth* Sorry everyone, Pinkie loves to break fourth walls and spoil somethings, but don't worry I'll get the wall fixed in no time, anyway onto the chapter.

It was just another day at school at Canterlot High... well if your not the Rainbooms or myself. Ever since I told them about Robotnik, we've all been on guard for what comes to us. Right now I was in AP Calculus with Twilight and we were both paying attention to both Mr. Cranky Doodle and sometimes checking out the window for anything suspicious. As Twilight and I were gazing around, someone tapped me on the shoulder and it was a student who can sometimes annoy me, but I still see her as a friend. Her name is Trixie Lulamoon, but the reason she can be annoying is because it's the way she speaks to people and refers to herself in the third person... it's creepy.

"Michael, The Great and Powerful Trixie needs help with this math problem she is stuck on." Trixie said expressing herself.

I sighed at her. "Okay what is it?"

After about 30 minutes of explaining to Trixie constant math problems, the bell rang for 2nd period and my throat was parched from talking with Trixie, so I rush over to a water fountain and drank like a gallon of the water. I wasn't amused that Trixie needed 'that' much help with Calculus, but I am still grateful that she got it together in the end and understood everything I said. During P.E. after doing some track practice, Rainbow Dash asked me if we could race around the city for a little friendly competition. I gladly accepted since we still haven't settled the score between us to see who I faster. After P.E., The Cutie Mark Crusaders finally made and showed a poster of my 'Hero of Canterlot High' title. I smiled at their effort and give a quick thanks to them before going on my way to lunch period. As I was walking by, I see Twilight's locker started to glow a blue hue from inside, and while no one was looking I decided to take a peek inside and through the peepholes, I saw a glowing blue ring inside and I was surprised to see a 'ring' in this world.

'That's strange.' I thought. 'There are a ton of gold rings all around Mobius back on my planet, but I never seen a blue one before. It's larger and it's glowing like crazy.'

Just as I was still in my thoughts, a certain pink bubbly girl shows up out nowhere.

"HI MICHAEL!" Pinkie yelled out.

"WAH!!!" I screamed out surprised and fell on my back. "Oh... hey Pinkie."

"Whatcha doin'?" she asked.

"Oh... um nothing. Yeah just walking by doing old Michael stuff." I said playing it cool.

"Oooh, Twilight's locker is glowing. That's means the Crystal Ring is glowing again." Pinkie said looking inside Twilight's locker.

"Crystal Ring? Wait, you know about that ring Pinkie?" I asked.

"Well of course silly, Twilight and I were the ones who found it after all." Pinkie responded. "Wait, are there rings back on your world as well."

"Frankly, yes." I said. "But I never seen a blue ring like that before. All of the rings back on my world are golden and their placed everywhere I go, you know I sometimes forget to ask who puts them everywhere. I collect thousands a day."

"So now we know that this ring is connected to your world after all." A familiar voice said.

Twilight walked towards us adjusting her glasses and went to her locker and pulled the ring out.

"It's strange though, this Crystal Ring glows every time you come across it Michael." Twilight said.

"Really? Huh, so maybe I have some sort of connection with it after all. Let me see it." I said as Twilight handed me the ring.

As I held the ring, I started to feel a surge of positive energy growing inside me and my eyes started to glow a brighter blue tint to them surprising both Twilight and Pinkie.

"Woah!" I exclaimed. "I feel like I can run for days holding this thing, it's like my body is being powered up."

"Fascinating." Twilight responded. "Michael, if your available tomorrow or any other day I'd like to run some tests on you, if that's fine with you."

"No problem." I said handing the ring back to Twilight. "This could probably be useful in case Robotnik shows up. You think you can keep an eye on the ring Twilight?

"Sure thing. We must be prepared for what this scientist throws at us at all costs." Twilight said with a determined face.

"I've got a ton of ways I can handle this meanie doctor." Pinkie said with a sinister giggle.

Twilight and I just looked at Pinkie with her creepy smile nervously.

"Yeah... uh, I don't think either of us want to know." Twilight said nervously.

"L-Look either way Robotnik is smart, so don't underestimate him." I said.


After School

I burst out of the school with my speed as I was on my way to Rainbow Dash house, as I got there she was already waiting for me to arrive.

"Well, well, well if it isn't the slowest thing alive." Rainbow Dash said with a smirk.

"Oh, we'll see who going to be slow after today, little miss Rainbow Crash." I said back with a smirk.

"Bring it on." Rainbow replied. She was about to come with me to the middle of the road to start, but she noticed she didn't have on her running sneakers. "Aw, darn it. Hey, you want to actually come inside for a bit, I have to find my running shoes real quick."

"Alright then, don't take too long." I said.

Rainbow Dash led me to her living room and I decided to just sit and wait there in silence since her parents were still out of the house. Unbeknownst to us, a familiar red coat wearing doctor was flying in his hovercraft towards Rainbow's house. He landed down on the ground a little bit away from the house so we wouldn't see him.

"This looks to be the place of the first energy signature of magic I detected." Robotnik said to himself. He then pressed a button on his wrist to get a couple of Egg-Bots to come out of his vehicle. "Alright my pretties, search around the house and find any source of magic energy, but be as discreet as possible." The robots then gave a beep and started to fly around Rainbow's house.

As I was sitting on Rainbow's couch making random noises to wait, I heard something outside and I dashed to a window to peek out and see what it was. I looked up and to my left, and to my surprise, I saw one of the Egg-Bots fly above the house.

"Uh Oh!" I said. I began to try to find a hiding place and I saw the couch as a good place to hide, so I hid under it.

Doctor Robotnik was standing outside looking at a camera on his wrist to see what the robots are finding. Just as he was busy doing this, Rainbow Dash appeared and broke the silence.

"Uh, hello sir can I help you?" Rainbow Dash asked with a confused look.

Robotnik gave a slight smile and walked towards Rainbow's front porch. "Good afternoon, my rural young lady." He said. "I'm... uh from the electric company, and I thought if you don't mind, I'd like to take a look at your fuse box as an inspection as I noticed that your place is specifically as a power surge."

'Pfft, this guy is obviously Robotnik, and for a scientist he's pretty dumb.' Rainbow Dash thought to herself. "Oh um well, no problem sir why don't you come on in."

"Great." Robotnik said excitedly and ran up to the front door until Rainbow blocked his path.

"Yeah, well you see pal, the fuse box is usually outside of the house." Rainbow said smirking. "And looking at what your wearing which is ridiculous by the way." Robotnik grew a small tick mark at this. "You look nothing like an electrician, so I'm not stupid enough to let a random stranger in my house."

'She's good.' Robotnik thought to himself. He then put both of his hands behind his back to press a button to get his robots to the first floor.

Back to where I was, the robots were then scanning the area around me as I was still under the couch hiding.

'Please don't find me, please don't find me, please don't find me.' I thought worried.

"Well miss rainbow-haired delinquent, I may be a stranger, but I can definitely tell your hiding something I'm definitely looking for." Robotnik said.

"Ha, like what?" Rainbow said sarcastically.

"Oh, I don't know maybe an artifact, a weapon, someone, or perhaps... magic." Robotnik said sinisterly. He then noticed Rainbow Dash's geode around her neck and he quickly pulled out a scanner on his wrist and scanned Rainbow's whole body surprising her in the process. The scanner then gave a rapid beep indicating that Rainbow Dash did indeed have magic on her giving him an evil smile. "Just as I thought." He then stepped up to Rainbow Dash and she backed away from him in the process with a worried look.

"Uhh, what was that?" Rainbow Dash asked worried.

Robotnik whistles for his robots, in which two came beside him and two others flew behind Rainbow Dash guarding her path in case she tried to escape.

"I am going to give you five seconds little girl, to tell me what the source of your power is, starting in... 5." Robotnik said counting down.

"Um... can we at least sit down and talk first?" Rainbow said nervously.

"4." Robotnik said still counting down.

"Uh... can I go to the bathroom?"

"3."

"What exactly are you talking about?"

"2, you know you may have tried to outsmart me once, but... it's NOT going to happen again. 1."

Just as I heard that number I got up from under the couch and intervened between the two.

"WAIT! DON'T HURT HER!" I shouted.

Robotnik saw me and screamed as I did the same. As we were both screaming, Rainbow Dash roundhouse kicked Robotnik in the head which knocked him out.

"Oh wow, you never told me you took karate." I said surprised.

"Eh, it's a self defense thing." Rainbow said back.

The robots around us however were getting ready to fire their guns at us, but I wasn't about to let that happen.

"I got this." I said as I curled up into a yellow ball and did a homing attack on each of the Egg-Bots and destroyed them before they fired at us.

"That was a close one." Rainbow said.

"Yeah, are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine, so what do we do with this knocked out Egghead." Rainbow Dash asked.

I gain an idea and sooner or later we put Robotnik's unconscious body in trash can a little bit away from the house.

"So we still racing?" I asked confidently.

"Do I have rainbow hair everyday?" She asked jokingly.

"Heh, alright let's do this." I said getting into a starting position on the road.

"3... 2... 1...GO!" Rainbow shouted as we both took off across all of the city at supersonic speeds.


At Pinkie Pie's house

After being humiliated by two teens, Robotnik decided to take another stop at what other source of magic is out in Canterlot and just so you realize, he then ends up at a certain pink party girl's house.

"Well... another house." Robotnik said slightly annoyed. "But... machines and myself are never wrong."

Unbeknownst to the tall doctor, a shadowy figure could be seen peeking out of the curtains with a large grin on it's face. Robotnik walks towards the house and just stares at it for a bit before he just's knocks on it like a normal person. Although he wasn't too surprised, nobody answered the door. He knocked on the door one last time to make sure there was absolutely no one there, and no one still answered. Robotnik gives off a smile as he thought he was lucky to find an empty house.

"Excellent, no one's home!" He said happily. "But if I was an imbecile, I wouldn't check for any traps."

The doctor presses a button on his wrist to get three Eggbots to come to him.

"Go inside of the house, but be more subtle than last time. Understood?"

The robots beep to the doctor's response and soon each of the robots enter a more discreet place to search. One robot searched down the chimney, one went into the backyard, and finally the last one went inside through a top window which was probably an attic. The doctor had high hopes for his robots considering he thought no one was home, but boy was he wrong. After waiting for 30 minutes, the doctor got very irritated as none of the robots came back out of the house and he even tried to get all of them to come back, but none of them responded.

"Urrrrrgh!" Robotnik groaned angrily. "Stupid machines, can't just do one job."

He proceeds to then walk up to the door. "What the heck, could be keeping these stupid little-"

Robotnik turns the doorknob to find out that the door was unlocked all this time and he then got an extremely furious look. "Here's the thing... I did not think people would be this dumb."

He opens the door to find that there is literally nothing and nobody around. The rooms were pitch black, the atmosphere was silent, and no sign of the three Egg-Bots could be seen.

"You know what? I think I'll just barge in." The doctor said annoyed, but soon he had something coming that he didn't expect at all. He cut a part of a tripwire which triggered something to go off and first the lights came on which surprised the doctor and then a bunch of pies are thrown to his face blocking his vision, he then is hit with pink glitter that made him sneeze and knocked him back toward a wall. The iconic party cannon then suddenly shoots confetti at the doctor's face, and as he was getting overwhelmed by the trap, he felt something sling his foot up to the ceiling and caused him to hang upside-down. Afterwards, Robotnik just has a surprised look on his face.

"Huh." Robotnik said surprised. "I was not expecting that... well... to be honest I was expecting to not expect something so it doesn't count."

A huge laughter then breaks out as it was revealed to be Pinkie Pie's laugh from upstairs. She came downstairs laughing and giggling at the doctor's predicament, and she is also holding a giant ball to what looks like the Eggbots wrapped in Laffy Taffy.

"HA HA HA! Welcome to the 'How To Catch An Evil Scientist Party.'" Pinkie said while still laughing.

"Yes well little girl. I will definitely say that you have some tact... but did you forget that I can still get myself out of this mess." Robotnik said as he pressed a button on his left wrist which triggered on of the Egg-Bots in Taffy to shoot out a laser that cut through the candy and also freed Robotnik from the trap he was in which also caused Pinkie to stop laughing and she then got a worried look on her face. Robotnik just gives her a death glare.

"I hope you realize that your life is now forfeit." Robotnik said as all three Egg-Bots aimed at Pinkie as she just stared at what was happening. "So, any last words before I turn your pink hair into ashes."

Pinkie then pulled out a bucket of sugar from her hair and don't ask... I've seen her pull bigger self out of there. She then grabs a giant handful of sugar and throws it playfully at the robots and Robotnik.

"Oopsie." Pinkie said with a grin.

After she threw the sugar everywhere, the sugar glowed pink and in a few seconds exploded as Robotnik was sent flying out of the front door and he got knocked out once again from the impact he had from the explosion.

"Pinkie Pie One, Doctor Meanie Zero." Pinkie said cheering to herself. She then decides to pick up Robotnik unconscious body again and this time she tied him up to curb while there was a sign above the doctor that said 'I am a Pinkie Fan!'

The doctor soon wakes up from whatever got him knocked out once again, and as he wakes up, he get's a furious look on his face again.

"That's it! If I have to use my machines to tear down even the smallest looking house in this are, then so be it!" Robotnik yelled to himself.


The Next Day at Sweet Apple Acres

Applejack and I are seen working together on some chores she needed help with as Big Mac and Apple Bloom were away with Granny Smith to buy more supplies. Applejack is seen carrying large buckets of apples over to a nearby cellar while I was shaking trees to make the apples fall into buckets.

"I know I already told y'all, but I appreciate you helping me with some this work I have to do Michael." Applejack said.

"No Problem AJ, it's the least I can do for a friend of mine." I responded back with a smile.

I still trying to shake some trees to get apples to fall down, but I was struggling. Applejack saw this and just giggled to herself and walked up to me.

"Ya need help?" She asked.

"Maybe a little." I responded as I was panting and sweating. I know that I have my powers, but I can't just use it while others out on the street are also watching.

"Try to kick the trees instead of just shaking them like crazy." Applejack said.

"What?" I said confused. "That works?"

Applejack just nods so I let go of the tree and instead I jumped and did a roundhouse kick on the tree which caused all of the apples on the tree to fall down in all of the buckets.

"Wow, y'all definitely have some leg power there Michael." Applejack complimented.

"Thanks." I said. "When I come to close quarters combat, I mostly use my legs to do the work hence how I run all the time and can do spin attacks."

As Applejack and I were conversing to each other, I see an Egg-Bot right behind her getting ready to fire a laser which frightened me.

"Applejack, watch out!" I yelled as I pushed her out of the way and and the Egg-Bot missed both of us.

Applejack and I then turned around to see about ten Egg-Bots surrounding us.

"What in tarnation are those things?" Applejack asked a little scared.

"Those are some those robots Robotnik has, and they look like they definitely want to kill us right now." I said with a serious look on my face. "You might wanna just stand back and watch the show AJ."

"Nuh-uh." She said. "You ain't doing this alone partner, besides it's not like I can't defend myself."

"Huh?" I said as I look at her with a confused look.

Applejack then grabs the geode on her neck and transforms into something that surprised me entirely. She now grew what looked to be pony ears and a ponytail and she also had on a different attire which was a cyan dress with gold gloves and boots with green gems on them. I was just dumbfounded at what I was seeing.

"W-Wow... just... wow!" I said dumbfounded.

"A'ight, time for us to do some clobberin'." Applejack said cracking her knuckles with a determined look.

I also grew the same face after she said that and we both started to destroy any robots that came across us, one by one. However, we didn't notice that someone was behind a bush and was trying to analyze how they fight was going, and that person is none other than... well you probably already know.

"Fascinating." Robotnik said watching us fight his machines. "I know I already seen the human-hedgehog in play, but that girl is even more enigmatic."

I spin attacked into different Egg-Bots destroying them and Applejack was punching the robots with her brute strength. Suddenly, four of the robots surrounded Applejack and readied their lasers at her surprising both me and her, but see how they were in an X-shaped formation, I soon get an idea.

"Applejack, jump!" I called out to her.

She looks at me with a confused look. "Why?!"

"Trust me, you'll be fine, but just jump!" I continued to yell.

Applejack sighed, but did just what I asked her do, and at the peak of her jump, the Egg-Bots shot their lasers at Applejack, but instead of hitting her, they hit each other and all of them were finally destroyed. Applejack then reverts back to her normal attire in the process.

"How did y'all know that was gonna happen?" Applejack said with a surprised look.

"I saw them form up in a cross-like position and I got the idea that they would hit each other." I responded.

"Well thanks for saving me, that was a smart strategy, y'all had there." Applejack complimented.

"No problem Applejack, just trying to protect my friends and this world." I said.

"So... uh what do we do about all this here robot junk?" Applejack asked.

I thought about it for a minute before getting an idea to hide it. "Grab a shovel." I said.

Applejack went inside her barn and got a large shovel and brought it back.

"Now dig a hole."

Applejack started digging and being the helpful guy that I am, I also grabbed my own shovel and started to dig along with Applejack. After about 30 minutes, we dug a large hole and put all of my destroyed robots in the hole before burying them back.

"That should do it." I said as both Applejack and I were sweating hard from all of the hard work we did.

"Whew! Well thank ya kindly for yer help today Michael." Applejack said.

"No problem Applejack. I'll see you Monday." I said walking away from Sweet Apple Acres.

When the coast was clear, Robotnik came out of the bushes and was laughing to himself.

"Ha ha ha!" The evil scientist cackled. "I have seen what these girls can do now, and now what I have to do is find a way to somehow extract those gems that are on those girls. He then runs back to his hovercraft and takes off in flight.


The Next Day at Twilight's house

Twilight for some reason wanted to use me as some kind of lab rat as you guys saw earlier in the chapter, and while I do want to help Twilight, I'm just hoping she doesn't do anything that could potentially knock me out. I was running down the streets and just like that, I was already at Twilight's house ready for what she has planned for me today. I walk up and knocked on her door to which she answered.

"Oh, perfect! Your just in time!" Twilight said excitedly as she pulled my arm in side of the house.

"Woah, woah, woah take it easy Twi." I said.

She brought me over to her room to which I saw had a lot of books, science materials, and gadgets that I couldn't believe someone like her could invent. She then got me to sit down on a chair near a wall.

"Okay Michael, I'm going to run a few tests to figure out your connection with the Crystal Ring." She said as she pulls that blue ring which glowed once again. Seriously, is that thing a chaos emerald or something cause even though I used one when coming to this world, the emerald never was in my possession again.

(Play Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Metropolis Zone Remix)

A small montage is then shown of Twilight trying to see what are my connections to the Crystal Ring. First Twilight grabs a piece of my hair as a DNA sample and puts it on a tablet for analysis. She then uses her magic and levitates a pair of wires and connects one to my hair sample and one on the ring. Blue electricity then flows back and forth between the two which showed some results. Afterwards, she asked me to run circles around her room as I did just that and the ring believe it or not glowed as I was running, the faster I moved, the brighter it got. After I stopped running, to take a small breather, she grabbed a stethoscope and listened to my heartbeat, it was surprising to her that it was still beating at a steady pace despite me running very fast, but when she decided to feel my arm, she could feeling the molecules inside my body vibrating like crazy. Eventually, we got so far that the room was just filled with paper and Twilight was wearing a white lab coat with goggles on her face. She then decided to have me do one more thing and that was to touch my electrifying hair sample. At first, I literally thought nothing would happen, but I was proved wrong when my entire body emitted electric energy also. It was probably due to the hair sample absorbing a lot of electric energy. It was now 9 o'clock at night as I stayed at Twilight's house all day just allowing her to have as her guinea pig. She then get's up and walk towards me with a tired look.
(End Music)

"So after further analysis of seeing everything of you and the Crystal Ring Michael..." Twilight said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You definitely have a connection with the Crystal Ring, but I have no idea how it's triggered." She said unenthusiastic.

"Well......... at least you got some results." I said trying to cheer her up a bit. She just giggles.

"Yeah, I guess I did." Twilight said as she yawned which indicated that she was tired from working so hard. "We should probably get to bed."

"Likewise. Good night Twilight." I said as I walked out the door and as soon as I saw that no one was around, I ran away back to my home in a yellow blur.

Twilight then spend the rest of the night cleaning her room until it was completely spotless. She was happy that she was able to hang out with me for the time being and study my powers, but she suddenly noticed was that all of the papers that she used to analyze me were gone.

"Huh?!" Twilight said surprised. "But I could've sworn that I left the papers here on the desk."

Just then the sound of a glass broke and Twilight ran out of her room to see a shadowy figure holding papers and trying to make it's escape, but Twilight caught the figure trying to steal her stuff with her telekinesis.

"Not so fast, whoever you are." Twilight said with a serious look. She pulls the figure closer to her to reveal that it was Robotnik trying to steal her information papers. "Well by the looks of your suit and the fact that you have glasses and goggles, you are Dr. Robotnik. Am I wrong?"

Robotnik gives Twilight an evil smile. "Smart girl... but not smart enough." He then presses a button on his wrist and a couple of Egg-Bots came in and tackled Twilight's body to make her fall down and she lost her focus on her powers and made Robotnik fall down free.

"Alright, now I would just run to make my escape, but I can't just let you chase me now can I?" Robotnik said.

Robotnik presses a button on his wrist and his robots brought in a machine that looked to be like some sort of red energy cannon with three symmetrically-aligned legs attached to it.

"My little machine here should keep you quiet here, say one word and it will be lights out for you little girl. Say hello to the MX-4180 Electroplasmatic Capsulator... huh say that 5 times fast." Robotnik said snickering.

Twilight get's up and just stares at the machine with her eyes in heart shapes and whistles at it. Robotnik looks at her with a weird and confused expression.

"WOW!!!" Twilight said as she ran towards the machine and then just hugs it. "Titanium casings, hydroponic stabilizers, and an exhaust engine?! This is a machine of beauty."

"O-Oh well uh... thank you." Robotnik said. "I always use the best materials when designing my evil experiments."

"So... what does this baby do anyways." Twilight said excitedly.

"Oh it just restructures the humidity molecules in the air to make a hyper-magnetic force-field that can freeze anything among contact." Robotnik said.

"Whhhhhhoooooaaaa! Really?! Tell me more please!" Twilight said getting even more excited.

"The best part is little girl is that it runs on brain power." Robotnik said as takes out a brown helmet. "All you have to do is put on this helmet and say something smart."

Twilight takes the helmet from Robotnik to put it on her head to test it out, but what she said next was her plan from the beginning.

"Complementing someone will make them lower their guard." Twilight said smirking.

Just as she says that, the device activates and points itself at Robotnik getting ready to fire at him.

"Exactly... wait what?" Robotnik said as he just realized what Twilight said.

The machine then blasts a beam at Robotnik and he was enveloped in a red force-field that was preventing him from moving.

"Smart, but not smart enough." Twilight said before looking back at the machine. "But I still think I might keep this!"

Twilight then levitates Robotnik out of the house and throws him far away from where she was.


The Next Day at Sunset Shimmer's house

I ran towards Sunset's house as I was ready to have a date with her. I knocked on the door and she came out wearing a light blue dress and a black jacket around it.

"Hey Sunset. You look nice in that dress." I said to flatter her.

"Thanks." She said back blushing just a tiny bit. "So where were you thinking we should go today?"

"I was thinking maybe you and I can take a walk through the park. Just the two of us." I said.

"Sure, that's sounds good to me." Sunset replied.

With that being being said we both walked off together side by side and we both were at a peaceful area with a grassy plain.

"You know, I'm grateful for one thing." I said.

"What's that?" Sunset asked curiously.

"I'm able to experience a world where everyone is peaceful and I finally was able to make friends that I could become close to." I said.

"Michael, did you have any friends back on your world." Sunset asked.

I simply looked down with a sad face because it was sort of tragic about the story of my very first friend.

"I... I did... but he... well..." I said trying not to cry.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Michael, I didn't mean to bring up your past." Sunset said feeling a little guilty.

"No it's alright. I'll tell you, but... it won't be easy to describe." I said.


(Flashback back on Mobius)

I was seen running across the roofs of Rooftop Run as I was doing my usual thing of just minding my own business. As I was running however, a small red light was following me and I didn't notice it.

"Oh man, I feel nostalgic today." I said as I jump and ricocheted off of walls I spindashed on to.

After awhile, I decided to take a rest on top of the clock tower in the center of the city and lied down on my back just in deep thought.

"Man, it world sure be nice to have some company once in awhile." I said before getting a sad look and looked at the view of the entire city.

"I know all of these people love me as their hero, but I don't want to just pick one of these people to hang with and leave the rest hanging. I also know that I can't hang out with everyone at the same time. So how can I find the perfect person to hang out with?

Just then a voice flows through my mind as someone was talking to me.

"When the going get's tough, there always hope in one's heart." The voice said.

That voice which sounded like a female made me surprised as I stood back up and looked around.

"Huh? Is someone there? You can come on out, I won't hurt you." I said looking all over for that strange voice.

Then something came in front of me which was a small ball of red light that was inches from my face.

"Huh? What's this?"

The light then got brighter as I shield my eyes for protection. Soon after when the light dimmed down, I had a shocked look on my face as I see an anthropomorphic peach-orange echidna wearing a white tank-top with a tribal dress, a golden tiara on her head, and she was wearing white sandals with straps around her feet. She was levitating in front of me and she almost looked like she was from a dream as she was also glowing.

"Hello Michael The Hedgehog." She said with a small smile.

"Who are you?" I asked in awe.

"My name is Tikal, I am a descendant of the Knuckles Clan. A clan that was destroyed thousands of years ago from my friend Chaos as his rage was the cause of it. Now he is sealed in the Master Emerald happily

"I see." I said back. "But why have you come to me?"

Tikal simply giggles. "You are lonely, are you not?"

"Lonely? O-Of course not. I-I am grateful for helping everyone on Mobius and everyone sees me as their hero, so why would I be lonely?" I said stuttering.

"While that is true. You never bothered to ask anyone around if you would be their friend." She said.

"W-Well, I can't just pick one person, I mean... I consider all of them my friends." I said trying to sound calm.

"Yes, but do you ever stop to talk and have a conversation with anyone?" She said in a more serious tone.

I had nothing to say to counter that as all I did was look down with guilt and sadness. "I really am alone. I've got no friends."

Tikal then floats towards me and places a hand on my shoulder which prompted me to look at her. She just gives me a warm smile.

"You have one now." She said.

She was probably the most nicest person at the time for me to have a conversation with. I simply smile back and after awhile we both spoke to each other for a long time. Afterwards, we became closer as the time progresses. I would meet Tikal every night above the clock tower in Rooftop Run to speak with, but luckily she couldn't seen by anyone else since I guess she's some sort of spirit. Tikal and I were like the best of friends... but then that all stop after one day. One day I ran to the clock tower at night as our usual hangout spot, but that one day... she just disappeared and I tried to call out to her in anyway I could in my mind, but it was no use. I was so devastated that day that I just started crying, but something inside kept telling me 'No! It's time to move on. I'm going to keep saving this world and protect my people. Tikal would want me to keep protecting them.' I thought with determination.
End of Flashback


"I think of Tikal almost every night and I still miss her to this day. She was the first friend I've ever had to fully understand me." I said to Sunset.

Sunset just had a look of sympathy in her eyes as she puts her hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry you have me and the other Rainbooms. Tikal would want you to strengthen your bonds with as many people as possible."

I looked back at Sunset as she gave me a warm smile as I did the same.

"For the last six months, I don't think it's ever possible for me or the others to abandon you. You can expect us to stay with you till the very end." Sunset said.

I simply smiled at her compassion for me as I decided to ask her a question also.

"You said that you came from a different world right?" I asked.

Sunset simply nods. "Equestria. It's a land filled with ponies and other mythical creatures, as I'm a unicorn in that world."

"Huh? That's sounds kinda cool actually considering I'm a hedgehog from my world." I said back.

"There are three races of ponies and one special race which are the two rulers of Equestria. There are Earth ponies, Unicorns, Pegasus, and finally Alicorns which are a combined version of all three. The three alicorns most known alicorns in Equestria are Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and my best friend from that world, Princess Twilight who is the Princess of Friendship."

"Wow. So basically we all have counterparts in Equestria... well except for me?" I asked.

"Yep. I actually came to the Human World because I wanted to make amends to my mistakes in Equestria."

I looked at her confused. "Mistakes?"

Sunset looked down with a sad face. "Let's just say that I wanted to become an Alicorn and Princess Celestia didn't let me and I got mad that I turned against everyone due to my own greed."

I looked at her at I felt how she did.

"I was a terrible person and I couldn't believe the stuff I did, but thanks to Princess Twilight, I was able to learn about friendship and I now have 6 other friends including you Michael that am grateful to have." Sunset said feeling a little better.

"Sunset everyone makes mistakes, I even did too, but now I think it's time we put our pasts behind us and live as best friends till the end."

Sunset looks at me with a smile and giggles. "You know I actually sung a song about my past not too long ago, but I completely agree."

We both embraced each other for a little bit to comfort each other. I'm glad to have met Sunset Shimmer, she's just so empathetic, compassionate, and to top all that off she was beautiful with her fiery hair. We both stared at each other in the eyes for awhile before a voice broke the silence.

"Aww, am I interrupting something?" A familiar voice said that made us both jump in shock.

Sunset and I looked up to see the evil scientist that was none other than...... ugh why do I even bother. You know who the villain is in this story so I don't need to remind you. I look at you know who with a serious face.

"Is that Robotnik?!" Sunset said as she also had a serious look.

"Well well well if it isn't Doctor Eggman." I said which irritates Robotnik.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT NAME!!! MY NAME IS ROBOTNIK YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!" Robotnik yelled at us clearly angry.

I simply smirked as I decided to taunt him even more. "Oh please, the name suits you actually. You're a descendant of the previous Eggman, your body shaped like an Egg, and on top of all that you are chasing with a bunch of Egg-Bots... Eggman.~"

This ticked off Robotnik so much that he just decided to fire at us point blank. I grabbed Sunset up bridal style and I carried both of us away as Robotnik decides to lay pursuit of us.

"Hang on Sunset." I said. "This may feel like being on a roller coaster."

Sunset simply nods and holds her arms around my neck as I ran into Canterlot's city. I dodged cars and lasers from Robotnik as he was trying to exterminate us at all costs. Feeling that I couldn't put any more innocent people in danger, I ran up a skyscraper all the way to the top. As soon as I got to the top of the building, I set Sunset down on her feet.

"So that's the guy who wants to not only eliminate us, but also take our magic?" Sunset asked.

"Pretty much, and we don't do something about this soon enough we could-" I said, but I was interrupted by Robotnik.

"Die and never return to life with your precious powers? Correct." Robotnik said as we both realized that he caught up with us.

Sunset and I just gave him an intense glare that just shows we're brave enough to face him.

"Word of advice my friend. Don't run, it will only hurt more which is a fact to your joints." Robotnik said as he also presses a button to make a large purple mech that looked like a stag beetle and it also had a large grey abdomen with a yellow, grey, and green missile launcher on top.

"Alright Eggman, you wanna rumble? Then it's time for me to gotta go fast." I said. "Sunset, you've got special powers inside you too right?"

"Yep. This is the time for me to show you my Crystal Guardian form." She said as she grasps her geode and she grows pony ears like Applejack and her hairstyle changes to have a single long ponytail from her hair. She is now wearing black tights, a red and yellow dress with a black belt around her and she was wearing some golden boots that went up to about her knees and lastly she had golden shoulder pads and gloves.

"Huh? Nice armor." I complimented. "Eggman, you just messed with the wrong people today."

"The name is Doctor Robotnik you cocky little human rodent. I figured though since I couldn't outsmart your friends... which turned to be in humiliating ways. I will just have to extract the powers using my most latest creation, The Egg Beetle."

I turned to Sunset and smirked. "See what I mean? This is no Robotnik, this is Eggman.

Sunset giggled at my little joke while Robotnik growled under his breath.

"If you call me that name one more time..." He growled. I was bold enough to take his dare though.

"Eggman." I said with a cocky smile.

"Fine." Robotnik said. "The hard way it is then." He get's inside the cockpit of the Egg Beetle and Sunset and I were ready for whatever was coming our way.

(Play Sonic Unleashed- Boss Battle Day)

The Egg Beetle started shooting missiles at us, but I dodged it no problem while Sunset shot fire from her hands to make them explode. I then run up to the mech as it tried to stab me with it's pinchers, but I instead was fast enough to dodge it and I spin attacked onto the cockpit which did only minor damage to Robotnik. I spindashed back towards it, but missed slightly as I landed back on the ground. Sunset created a ball of fire in her hands and threw multiple at the Egg Beetle which only did minor damage to it also.

"Dang it." I said. "This one won't be as easy as the machine I faced last time."

"It never is." Sunset replied.

I jumped in the air and did a homing attack on the Egg Beetle multiple times which actually was a better approach sent I broke one of it's side legs. The Egg Beetle withdrew more missiles at us and they still didn't hit me, but while Sunset was trying to defend herself from the missiles, I noticed that she didn't see one coming from behind her so I jumped in the way and took the hit. I was painful as rolled onto my stomach, but I was still in good condition to fight. Sunset came over to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked worried.

I simply stood back up on my fight with the same determined look on my face. "Yeah don't worry, I can still beat em'."

That's when an idea came into my head. "Hey Sunset, follow my lead." I said.

"What are you planning?" She asked curiously.

"I can make it in a few words. If you can't beat em', blind em'." I said with a cocky smile.

Sunset knew what I was talking about and also smiled. I ran towards the Egg Beetle and decided to taunt Robotnik.

"Hey Egghead. You can't stop what you can't see." I said as I ran circles around the Egg Beetle and generated wind into the air as wind is also a natural element I can absorb. Soon enough, a large vortex was around the Egg Beetle as Robotnik couldn't see anything.

"Lost visual contact." He said trying to find where I was. I then make more homing attacks onto the mech to do some more damage and Robotnik was getting annoyed as he got out of the vortex and faced me. "Your efforts are clever, but futile." He said.

"Oh those spin attacks? Those were nothing, but did you forget to focus on another person Eggman?" I said.

Robotnik soon realizes that he wasn't looking at Sunset and behind him, she had a large fireball and threw it right at the doctor.

"Mommy..." He whined in fear. The fireball made contact with the Egg Beetle and it did major damage as it was almost destroyed.

"Sounds like someone also has mother issues." Sunset said with a smirk.

"I DO NOT HAVE MOTHER ISSUES YOU LITTLE PEST!" Robotnik yelled.

Sunset laughs a little and she got one final idea to finish off the Egg Beetle.

"Michael, I have an idea to completely destroy this thing." She called out to me.

Robotnik was currently focused on me as he kept shooting lasers at me, but I dodged each and every one of them.

"Better make it fast." I said as I ran over to her.

"Can you absorb fire?" She asks.

"Yeah why?"

"I want both of us to combine our powers, if we do that then that robot will possibly be out of commission."

"In what way?"

"We just run up to the Egg Beetle and jump towards it."

We both get a determined look as I nodded to signal that I understood her plan. We both took each others hands as a red aura went around Sunset and a blue aura went around me as my eyes also glowed blue.

"Bombs away!" Robotnik said as he threw many more missiles with were targeted right us, but we stood our ground and let the missiles hit us as an explosion was made. Seeing that he thought he succeeded, Robotnik let out an evil cackle for a little bit until he saw two glowing figures in the smoke of the explosion.

"Hmm?" he grunted confused.

Out of the smoke it was Sunset and me as we both had an orange shield around us and using my speed combined with Sunset's fire powers. We both charged towards the Egg Beetle and jumped at it as the impact of both of our powers just zoomed right through it. That did enough damage to the Egg Beetle as it exploded and Sunset and I landed on the ground. Sunset reverted back to her normal attire and we both gave each other a high five for our victory.
(End Music)

"Sorry this date got ruined by Egghead, Sunset." I apologized.

"It's fine Michael, besides I actually had fun." She said.

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Of course, I mean I may not be Rainbow Dash, but I do enjoy some action sometimes." She replied back with a smile.

I smiled back as we were both about to get off the skyscraper, but a laser exploded behind us which was done by Robotnik. Apparently we forgot that his hovercraft was still intact.

"Bullseye!" Robotnik said.

We were both falling off the skyscraper as we were also screaming that we were going to hit the ground, but before that could happen. Two blue and yellow streaks caught us just in time as it looked to be Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy as they were both in their Crystal Guradian forms also. Fluttershy had wings on her back, and she was wearing a light green dress with pink details and butterflies on her hips along with pink boots. Rainbow Dash also had wings, and she was wearing a magenta and orange outfit, with light blue tights, orange shoes with wings on them, and she had gold shoulder pads and arm cuffs.

"Are you two alright?" Fluttershy asked as she was the one who caught me.

"Thank Celestia that Fluttershy and I decided to head to that huge explosion we saw up that building." Rainbow Dash said as she was the one who caught Sunset.

"Thanks you two." Sunset said. "I think we all may need to group together again, as this Robotnik guy may be more dangerous than any of us thought."

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash set us on the ground on the sidewalks as they reverted back to their normal forms. Sunset and Rainbow Dash started texting the other Rainbooms of what they were just at.

"I really don't like that that person is trying to take our powers for world domination." Fluttershy said slighting scared.

"Don't worry Fluttershy." I said. "We'll stop him as long as we stick together and most of all, I'll save each and every one until that guy is beaten."

Fluttershy looked at my determined face and smiled, but then she also saw that my eyes glowed blue again which gave her a shocked look.

'Michael has powers, but every time I see him with that heroic look on his face his eyes glow.' She thought. 'Could he have some kind of connection to us as well?'

Author's Note:

Let me know down in the comments if you see all of the references I made in the chapter. Boy it was a tough one to write, but I hope it was worth the wait for you guys. Also I know Sunset doesn't usually have fire abilities in canon, but I actually got that idea from SonicAKG.
Next time: Applejack get's the idea to go back to Everfree in their van along with us to see if the Crystal Ring is part of The Elements of Harmony, but Robotnik decides to chase us along the way.