• Published 6th Mar 2020
  • 1,368 Views, 32 Comments

ULTRA LIVE! Of Demons and Aliens - Cojo5536



Sunset and Ultraman Ginga's adventures continue as they face of against Fall, Alien Baltan, and Equestria's entire rogues gallery.

  • ...
4
 32
 1,368

Portent of Disaster: Part 1

In a quaint little two-floor apartment in Canterlot City, a red-haired teenage girl was wrapped up cozily in her covers, gleefully enjoying the chance to sleep in. Even better, unlike December two months ago, the frequent mega monster battles had slowed down to just an occasional skirmish rather than a daily occurrence.

She knew she could not afford to be complacent as Dark Lugiel, the dark giant and Ginga’s nemesis, was still out there, scheming in the shadows; but the girl was confident that she could handle it with the aid of her friends.

Just to recap: Before Christmas, Sunset Shimmer had lost her friends due to the actions of ‘Anon-A-Miss’ who posted humiliating secrets on MyStable, framing Sunset as the culprit. However, at the same time, Sunset Shimmer met Wallflower Blush and the Spark Doll Ultraman Taro who granted her the Ginga Spark. Since then, Sunset Shimmer had been fighting giant monsters who were the result of people using Spark Dolls and Dark Dummy Sparks to cause chaos.

During her time fighting monsters, she gradually regained her friends who came to realize that she could not be Anon-A-Miss and Ultraman Ginga, especially since she saved them. Rainbow Dash was the most stubborn - they had even clashed as Ultramen - but the prismatic-haired girl finally saw the light and Sunset now had all of her friends back, plus a few more, like Lightning Dust, Wallflower Blush and Trixie Lulamoon.

It was just before Winter Break when the identity of Anon-A-Miss was revealed to be the CMC composing of Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. However, it was not their fault. The truth was that they had been manipulated by Sunset’s dark side which took the form of the demon she had become during the Fall Formal. Dubbing herself ‘Fall’, the demon was now free of Sunset Shimmer and on the loose.

When Fall scrubbed all memory of Anon-A-Miss from the CMC’s minds, it was feared that the chance to clear Sunset’s name was lost forever. However, to their great surprise, the CMC chose to take the blame, along with some assistance from some fortunate oversight on Fall’s part by leaving them signed in to the Anon-A-Miss page.

It was during the Christmas Party, however, that their biggest victory against Dark Lugiel was won as the two biggest troublemakers - the Alien pair Icarus and Metron - were put down for good.

I love the weekends.

She wished she could stay in bed all day, without a single care in the world. Sadly, such leisures had a history of being interrupted by things outside one Sunset Shimmer’s control, as was soon to be the case today.

By Sunset’s bed was a leather-bound book with a yin-yang red and gold sun emblem on the front cover. While this would look to outsiders like a highly personalised journal, it was actually her method of communication with her homeworld, Equestria. Suddenly, the book began vibrating with a faint glow, a sign that her best friend in Equestria, Princess Twilight Sparkle, was attempting to reach her.

“Ugh, what does she want now?” Sunset groaned, upset that her beauty sleep had been disturbed. Snatching her journal from her bedside table, Sunset glared at the pages only for her eyes to widen at the message on the paper.

“Emergency! Come to the portal!”

Leaping from her bed, Sunset hurriedly got herself ready to leave, shot a group text to her friends and bolted out the door. After a few seconds, she went back into her apartment to pick up the Ginga Spark.

“Can’t forget this.”

*////*

In another location in the city, three girls lazed around a filthy heavily run-down van. These were the Dazzlings, consisting of: the poofy orange-haired leader Adagio Dazzle, the punkish violet-haired Aria Blaze, and the ditzy blue-haired Sonata Dusk.

Ever since their defeat at the hands of the Rainbooms, the sirens were forced to live without their magic. As a result, a large chunk of their time was spent retraining their voices so they could sing again, until a stranger wearing a familiar face reached out to them. She had promised them a chance for revenge against the Rainbooms, provided that they did something for her in return.

Adagio, naturally, jumped at the opportunity and dragged both her sisters along with her. What their benefactor hadn’t mentioned, however, was that they would have to wait for her to complete some kind of ‘project’ she was working on and that they would have to babysit a collection of Equestrians that had barely learned how to walk.

To be fair, at least teaching those Equestrians had kept them busy. Now that their co-conspirators had a general grasp of how the Human World worked, they were spread throughout the city. Now, the Dazzlings were left bored out of their minds until they got their next set of instructions.

Finally, their salvation came in the form of a girl similar to Sunset slamming open the van’s doors open, surprising the trio. This was Fall, or the Fall Formal Demon. Fall seemed to have worked herself to death, but her smile told a different story. She held up her hand then shifted her fingers, revealing a darkly pulsing gem attached to a black choker.

“Ready for your return performance?” Fall asked with a manic gleam in her eyes as she held up three Dark Dummy Sparks.

Adagio held her surprised look for a moment before her lips spread into a malicious grin. Finally, it was time for them to exact their revenge.

*////*

At Canterlot High School, nine girls and one ‘toy’ were gathered in the band practice room. This had become the group's unofficial meeting spot since the Rainbooms had started their band. The walls were soundproofed so that their loud practices did not disturb anyone outside. It also made sure anyone who walked by did not hear their conversation.

"Okay Sunset," Rainbow Dash, CHS' top athlete, said with a yawn, "We're all here. Now what is so important that we had to get here so damn early and on a weekend?" Rainbow Dash had planned to just stay at home, sleep-in until noon, then spend the rest of the day playing video games. She may be an athlete, but she still enjoyed chillaxing on the weekend after a hard week in school.

"I don't know yet," Sunset replied, "Twilight wasn't exactly forthcoming. She just said that it was an emergency and to meet her at the portal, nothing else."

"Forgive Trixie for, perhaps, stating the obvious but this sounds bad," the blue-skinned aspiring magician remarked.

"Ya think?" the yellow-haired Lighting Dust asked sarcastically. "Sounds like trouble.”

“Hey, don’t feel down,” Pinkie Pie said encouragingly. “If these past few months have taught us anything is that there’s nothing we can’t handle if we work together!”

Random people had Dark Lived into monsters but Ultraman Ginga had been able to take them all down. It seemed that Dark Lugiel had new agents to distribute the devices to cause havoc and chaos after losing his alien minions. Defeating these monsters also allowed Sunset to gather new Spark Dolls to add to her collection. Some of the new Spark Dolls they had recently collected included: Ultraman and Ultraseven, Zaragas, and Zoa Miruchi.

“I don’t know Pinkie,” the green-haired Wallflower Blush, president and sole member of CHS’ Gardening Club said, “Whenever Twilight Sparkle shows up, it usually means magic is involved, and we’re not exactly prepared for that right now.”

“Nonsense!” the chipper masculine voice of the Spark Doll Ultraman Taro chimed in, “We Ultras have faced magical beings in the past, so we can handle this.”

“You're letting your ego show, Taro."

"That rhymes!" Pinkie chirped.

“Those were more likely just entities that science couldn’t explain yet,” Sunset explained, “Equestrian magic is real, physical, with its own science dedicated to studying it. I mean, we still don’t understand how magic works here in the human world yet. Who knows how it will react with an Ultra fight?”

“Excuse me, but shouldn’t we be meeting Twilight at the portal?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah, we should g-” Rainbow began, but was cut off.

Suddenly, the doors burst open, revealing Princess Twilight Sparkle of Equestria and she seemed to be very close to having a nervous breakdown.

“THIS IS A COMPLETE DISASTER!” Twilight screamed then launched into an incomprehensible combination of noises that barely even qualified as ‘language’. This continued until the well-muscled Applejack stepped up and slapped Twilight. “OW! What was that for!?”

“Breathe, Twilight! We’ve been tryin’ to get a word in fer a while now!” Applejack replied.

“Oh, sorry,” Twilight apologized.

“Now, you were talking about things being a ‘complete disaster’.”

Twilight took a couple of breaths, then blurted out, “Tirek is loose again!”

The room went quiet, but not for the reasons Twilight was expecting.

“Who!?” the entire room, save Sunset, asked.

“Long story short, Equestrian bad guy,” Sunset explained quickly, “But I am wondering why you’re here, Twilight. Don’t you need to be in Equestria for when he shows up?”

“Oh! No No No! He’s here Sunset!” Twilight corrected, causing Sunset’s eyes to widen.

“Oh. OH. OH SHIT!” Sunset said with dawning horror.

“One moment, dears,” the white-skinned fashionista Rarity said, “Perhaps, before we continue, you two can bring us non-ponies up to speed?”

“Sorry, Rarity,” Twilight said apologetically, “Tirek is a wicked centaur who once absorbed all the magic out of the ponies of Equestria.”

“So he’s some kind of magic vampire?”

“Pretty much. Princesses Celestia and Luna defeated him and then put him in a special magical prison called Tartarus about a thousand years ago,” Twilight explained.

“The prison of the Titans,” the pink-haired Fluttershy said. She knew her Greek mythology.

Twilight stared at Fluttershy a moment. “Well I wouldn’t know about your world’s mythology, but in Equestria, Tartarus is where we lock up our worst villains.”

“Kinda makes me wonder why Discord was never locked up in there and was instead turned to stone,” Sunset remarked.

“Do you expect Tartarus to hold Discord?” Twilight questioned rhetorically. “Anyway, we need to find him and get him back to Tartarus.”

“He’s a centaur, right?” Sunset recalled. “Would he turn human if he came to this side?”

“Most likely.”

“Then we’ll need to know what he looks like. Fortunately, we can try to look his name up online,” Sunset said as she typed ‘TIREK’ on her phone and searched the web.

“Will that work?”

“Trust me, Twilight. You can find anything on Google.” Sunset then looked up all the results on screen. “OK, so all results of ‘Tirek’ refers to a game called ‘Rise of Tirek’ and its sequel, ‘Tirek’s Revenge’ that’s coming out in the summer.”

“Wait, something’s missing,” Taro declared, “Princess Twilight, would you please explain how you came by this information?”

“Oh, uh, Princess Celestia had a vision,” Twilight began.

Sunset rolled her eyes, “Of course she did.”

“She sent some guards to Tartarus to look into it but when they got there he was already gone and Discord was in his cage instead.”

“Wait, how did that happen?” Sunset asked, surprised.

“His magic had been drained. Not only that, but Cerberus was severely hurt as well.”

“Not the doggy!” Fluttershy wailed inconsolably.

“Cerberus got hurt!? What did Discord have to say?” Sunset pressed on.

“Well, once he was fed, he mentioned a bipedal cicada-,” Twilight started before she got cut off by the sound of several facepalms. “What?”

“For someone so smart, you’re such a dumbass,” Lightning said, “Seriously, why couldn’t you lead with that!?”

“What?”

“Baltan, Twilight! Discord was talking about Alien Baltan! And wherever he is, Fall is bound to be involved,” Sunset impatiently explained.

“That also makes Sunset’s internet idea useless,” Wallflower added.

“Why? Also, who are you?” Twilight asked.

Wallflower wasn’t amused. Surely some makeup and a new wardrobe wouldn’t make her that unrecognizable, right?

“It’s me! Wallflower! I know that we haven’t seen each other since December, but seriously!”

Twilight’s eyes widened, “Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry Wallflower!”

“TWILIGHT! FOCUS!” Sunset demanded. “Have there been any other vanishings besides Tirek?”

“No. Well, I mean, the Changeling and Storm Kingdoms are in total anarchy due to some kind of power vacuum.”

“Let Trixie guess, because their leadership just up and vanished overnight.”

Twilight blinked, “How did you-?”

“Basic pattern recognition,” Rarity interrupted, “If Fall is involved then she must be recruiting allies among your villains. What were these rulers like?”

“I can’t speak for the Storm King, but Queen Chrysalis is a wicked, evil creature. The last time I saw her, she attempted to take over Equestria during my brother’s wedding to Princess Cadance by mind controlling him,” Twilight explained.

“So it’s safe to assume that the Storm King is another tyrant, correct?”

“I suppose, but why would Sunset’s internet idea not work now?”

“Because they didn’t use the CHS portal,” Sunset answered, “Fall must have a way to make her own portals to Equestria. Plus, they have a guide so they don’t stand out.”

“Seriously, I thought you knew all this,” Rainbow said.

“HEY! IT’S EASY FOR YOU TO SIT THERE AND CAST STONES AT ME! YOU DON’T HAVE A WORLD THAT’S COMING APART AT THE SEAMS TO WORRY ABOUT!” Twilight snapped, tears starting to form as all the stress she was under finally raced to the surface, “FIRST, I HAD TO SAVE A TOWN FROM ITS CRAZY CUTIE MARK HATING MAYOR THAT GOT AWAY! THEN A CHANGELING SHOWED UP BEGGING FOR HELP BECAUSE HIS PEOPLE WERE ABOUT READY TO START A CIVIL WAR! THEN A REPRESENTATIVE FROM THE STORM KINGDOM APPEARED BECAUSE THEY WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR OWN LEADERSHIP CRISIS! AND NOW TIREK! I’M SO STRESSED OUT THAT I CAN’T EVEN SLEEP!” Having completed her rant, Twilight finally broke down sobbing. “And even worse? Nopony has any solutions as to how to even begin solving it.”

“H-hey, Twilight, we’re sorry. We had no idea you were so stressed,” Fluttershy apologized. She then went and gave Twilight a gentle hug, rubbing her back as she went, “There, there.”

“Thanks, Fluttershy,” Twilight sniffled. Twilight really needed a kind and friendly hug.

“How about we all go someplace nice? Like the Sweet Shoppe? You look like you could use some calming tea.”

“That would be nice.”

“And then we can take a trip to the library and you can build a book fort and read all the books you like.”

“Um, Fluttershy?” Sunset tapped her friend’s shoulder.

“Shh, she needs this. Give us a moment.”

Twilight sniffled, “I’d like that.”

While Fluttershy was calming Twilight down and helping her recover from her nervous breakdown, Sunset Shimmer pulled the others aside to talk about this.

“OK, so my evil twin has just recruited some of Equestria’s worst villains,” Sunset said. “I knew the last couple of months have been too easy.”

“Hey, we can handle anything that she-demon throws at us,” Rainbow said confidently.

“It’s not her I’m worried about. It’s who she’s working for, Dark Lugiel.”

Dark Lugiel, the elusive Dark Giant who was responsible for turning all the participants of the Dark Spark War into Spark Dolls. He had yet to show himself but his presence was still felt by those who wielded his Dark Dummy Spark. It was a darkness that could corrupt the very soul and that was frightening. They had no idea what his true plan was. He just seemed to be causing monster attacks for the sake of causing fear, panic and terror.

What was his endgame?

As far as Ginga had told her, he and Dark Lugiel had been equal in power. Though, if Ginga had been reduced to a Spark Doll, did that mean Lugiel had been a bit stronger?

During the holidays, Sunset had managed to learn a bit about Ginga and Lugiel’s origins. Turned out they had been two halves of the same entity. Apparently, they had a philosophical disagreement that forced a quite literal split personality.

“You do make a compelling point, Sunset,” Taro said. “However, you mustn’t lose sight of the active threat here.”

“But-.” Sunset began but Lightning cut her off.

“Taro’s right, Sunset. Lugiel didn’t bring these bad guys here, Fall did.”

“But Baltan-” Sunset was cut off again, this time by Pinkie Pie.

“What are ya gonna do? Question everyone in Canterlot City?” Pinkie asked.

“Yeah!” Rainbow agreed. “Do you suddenly have a suspect that you’re not telling us about?”

“Well, no, but-” this time it was Trixie that interrupted Sunset.

“Then don’t sweat about the guy you can’t do anything about,” Trixie told her.

“I agree with the others, darling,” Rarity said, “Lugiel strikes me as the type of man to force an encounter on his own terms. While admittedly, ‘his own terms’ would inevitably be disadvantageous to us, that’s the hand we’re dealt.”

“Right, so let’s focus on the enemy we can take action against and leave Lugiel for when he decides to show himself,” Wallflower concluded.

Sunset calmed down. After considering their words, she realized that they had a point. No reason to waste her time and energy looking for her enemies when she had no leads to go by. She’d just have to be ready for whatever they threw at her.

“HEY! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING!?” the scratchy voice of Rainbow Dash screeched, ruining the moment.

“Oh! Uhm, I was going to take Twilight to Sugarcube Corner,” Fluttershy said from the door.

That got the attention of the entire room.

“Not without us you’re not!” Lightning growled, starting a mad dash out of the music room.

*////*

Since there were too many people to fit in one vehicle, the Gang had to split up. Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle and Wallflower Blush were currently sitting in Fluttershy’s quaint little van. Lightning Dust was taking her scooter since she was still working towards earning her motorcycle licence. Finally, Pinkie Pie had chosen to ride shotgun in Applejack’s pickup truck while the rest piled into Rarity’s limousine.

“So you never did tell us why Princess Celestia sent you here,” Sunset said to Twilight. “If Equestria is inasmuch anarchy as you say it is, wouldn’t she want all Princesses on deck?”

“That was the original idea. But when it was discovered that Tirek had escaped to this world, she thought that you could use someone with experience fighting him,” Twilight explained.

“She is aware that any fight that breaks out will inevitably be done by Sunset as an Ultra, correct?” Taro asked, unclear as to how Twilight would be able to assist.

“Taro has a point,” Wallflower agreed, “Outside of some new upgrade for Ginga or a Light Spark appearing, I don’t know how much you could help in a fight.”

“Light Spark?”

“You know, the thing that allowed Rainbow to turn into Ultraman Mebius and help Sunset beat EX Red King.”

“And allowed you to become Ultraman Gaia to take down Icarus and Metron with me,” Sunset reminded.

“Yeah, and that,” Wallflower said with a bit of pink in her cheeks.

“So I’ll get a Light Spark,” Twilight huffed, “How do I get one?”

The van went silent for a moment until Fluttershy, who had opted to stay out of the conversation until now, said, “We don’t know.”

"What do you mean?" Twilight questioned.

"She means that we're not sure of the exact conditions that will summon a Ginga Light Spark," Sunset answered. "But if I have to guess, based on experience, it is called by strong resolve and courage. However, it’s hard to observe, given only two have ever appeared, presumably because none of the fights after Icarus and Metron got hairy enough to allow for one to show up."

That greatly disheartened Twilight. Princess Celestia had entrusted Twilight with the task of aiding Sunset against Tirek, but now it seemed that she couldn’t even do that.

Watching in the rearview mirror, Fluttershy’s sympathy went out to the girl. She had left her home expecting to be of some use, only to discover that she wasn’t needed. Surely they could find some way that Twilight can help.

FLUTTERSHY, LOOK OUT!” Wallflower shrieked, breaking the driver out of her thoughts.

There, up the road, was a humanoid cicada with massive pincers in place of hands.

“IT’S BALTAN!” Sunset yelled.

Alien Baltan laughed evilly as it aimed its pincers at the van and fired its energy blasts. Sunset reached inside of her jacket to pull out the Ginga Spark, but a sharp swerve from Fluttershy dodging the alien’s attack caused her to drop it.

Unfortunately, while Baltan missed Fluttershy’s van, Lightning Dust was caught by the attack instead. The explosion caused by the energy blast threw her from her scooter and sent her skipping across the pavement.

Applejack, meanwhile, startled by the explosions, hit the brakes hard, causing Rarity’s limousine to crash into the back of her truck. The farmgirl hopped out in a daze, unsure of what had even happened.

“What has gotten into you, Applejack!?” Rarity demanded accusingly.

“Ah… Ah think we’re under attack,” Applejack replied.

“By what? … Oh,” Rarity drifted off, wide-eyed.

Applejack noticing the change in Rarity’s demeanor, turned around, idly taking note of the rest of her friends also staring down the road. When she finally saw it, her blood ran cold. They knew of Baltan’s reputation through Taro’s stories, of course; but to actually see it, to watch its slow, uncaring walk to Fluttershy’s crashed van, it was overpowering.

The cold, unfeeling glare of its compound eyes contained a gorgon-esque effect that rooted everyone to the pavement. What could they do against something so vile? With a single shot it had effectively crippled their little convoy, speaking to its machine-like efficiency.

“Shit, LIGHTNING!”

Rainbow’s voice finally pulled Applejack from her fear-induced blackout, reminding her that the hostile alien was in fact, closing in on Fluttershy’s van. Going back to her truck, she pulled out a .357 revolver from underneath the driver’s seat, ran back into the street and then took aim.

Inside of Fluttershy’s van, just a few seconds ago, the passengers were recovering from the impact against a lampost.

Sunset slightly dazed, turned around and asked, “Is everyone okay?”

“I-I think so,” Fluttershy answered.

Sunset’s eyes narrowed angrily.

“That bastard isn’t getting away with this. Can anyone see the Ginga Spark? I dropped it when we swerved.”

At that news, the van’s occupants started a frenzied search for the device. Twilight, however, merely stared out of her window, petrified. She had faced plenty of villains in the past but they at least behaved like thinking beings.

Chrysalis displayed vile glee when it seemed like she had won at the Canterlot wedding. Tirek became angry when his plot faced a setback. Even Discord became fearful when he realized that he had been outsmarted.

Baltan though, it looked like it would treat success or failure with equal levels of complete apathy, as if their people completely stamped out all individuality in their pursuit of science without ethics or morality weighing them down. It disgusted Twilight that any advanced civilization could do something so despicable. Science was for the betterment of lives, but for that to happen, you needed a strong moral compass to keep yourself on the right path. Without it, you were no better than the myriad of mad scientists that plagued the writings of those ignorant/paranoid so-called “science fiction writers”.

Suddenly, Baltan put its left pincer up to cover its face as a gunshot rang out, the bullet ricocheting off the alien’s shell and breaking the van’s window. The humanoid insect turned to face Applejack and retaliated, rather excessively, with a concussive blast that shunted both the truck and the limo back several meters.

“Sunset, I found it!” Taro called, appearing with the Ginga Spark. “It must have gotten kicked under your seat.”

“Phew, thanks, Taro,” Sunset sighed in relief. She then pulled out a Spark Doll and touched its left foot to the tip.

ULTRA LIVE! ULTRASEVEN!

A flash of light burst out of Fluttershy’s van before forming into a red humanoid, with highlights of silver, and metallic armor covering his shoulders, all topped with a bladed fin on his head.

The human-sized Ultraseven dashed at Baltan, intending to sucker punch the alien; But Baltan merely teleported behind the Ultra, blocked the backhand, and punched Seven to the ground. The Ultra rolled onto his back to see Baltan charging intending to grapple, but Seven planted his foot into its chest and flipped it over his head.

Baltan nimbly landed back onto its feet and turned to charge with a right hammerswing; but Ultraseven sidestepped the attack, ducked under the backswing, and blocked the left swing. The alien attempted an uppercut, but Seven blocked it and countered with a headbutt. Baltan stumbled back slightly, inviting Seven to attack, but instead he found his arm caught in the alien’s left pincer. The bug swung its free pincer into Seven’s gut, struck him with an overhand blow, forcing him to his knees, and then kicked him away.

Ultraseven rolled back to his feet, and threw up a shield to deflect the pair of White Destruction Rays that Baltan had fired. Upon dropping the barrier, he blocked the alien’s followup pincer attack, nailed it with a right hook, then wrapped his arm behind its head, kneed it twice, and then sent Baltan stumbling back with an uppercut. Finally, as Baltan stumbled, Ultraseven sent the bug flying with a spinning roundhouse kick.

Baltan landed on its back, but immediately stood back up in a manner akin to a tree falling in reverse before it resumed a fighting stance with a laugh, forcing Ultraseven to do the same stance. Rather than launch into another engagement, however, the pair merely waited for each other to attack first.

*////*

Watching the fight from the relative safety of one of the buildings, the Gang waited for the inevitable conclusion of this epic clash.

“How is she?” Rainbow asked from where they had placed Lightning Dust. She had taken quite the tumble when Baltan hit her.

“Thank goodness she had her protective gear on, but we can’t know what internal injuries she has until we get her to a hospital,” Fluttershy explained.

Rainbow growled in anger, “Damn it! Why doesn’t Sunset just end it now, and get it over with!?”

“Because she’s realized that it’s better to wait for Baltan to move first,” Trixie answered.

“Eh?”

“Baltan are geniuses,” Taro answered, “Even now, it has run through every possible move Sunset can make, and the best possibilities to counter them. However, if she lets Baltan attack first, she can gain some control over the flow of the fight.”

“But why hasn’t she used her strongest shit yet?” Rainbow pressed.

“Because she wants to make absolutely sure she hits the slippery motherbucker,” Twilight growled in hatred.

Rainbow briefly chortled at the phrasing, but understood the intent which disturbed her. She was not the only one.

“Uhm, Twilight? Are you feeling okay?” Wallflower asked.

Turning around, Twilight noticed the concerned looks of her friends and realized just what she had said.

“Uh, girls. Please understand, I am not one to hate easily. But if there’s one thing that gets under my skin, it’s misapplied intelligence. Something like the Baltan can offer so many positive changes to both worlds, but instead they blindly wage war because friendship is just too hard.”

“Completely understandable but please control yourself! I believe I speak for us all when I say that we would rather not add you to our list of victories,” Taro pleaded.

Those words struck Twilight as hard as any punch thrown by the fighters outside. She was sounding exactly like the type of brat that attracted Dark Dummy Sparks, rather than the Princess of Friendship she was supposed to be.

“I… I’m sorry.”

“Besides, Galactic Law forbids races from voluntarily interfering with the technological advancement of other civilizations.”

“WHAT!?”

Unfortunately, instead of a proper answer, an echoey evil laugh filled the room.

*////*

Unlike most Ultras, Seven lacked a Color Timer so he was not bound to the same time constriction. However, despite this freedom, he was still capable of running out of energy during a fight. At least in a human-sized fight, he could still conserve most of his energy.

And right now, Sunset was learning how to fight as this unique Ultra.

Baltan charged, prompting Seven to take hold of his crest with his hands and detach it to hurl it at the alien. His crest, aka the Eye Slugger - flew like a boomerang, but Baltan had predicted the probability of this attack and teleported above the Ultra for a drop kick. Seven was sent sprawling to the ground allowing his opponent to stomp on his chest and pin him down.

“Ugh, EMERIUM BEAM!” Sunset cried, while crossing two fingers of each hand over the gem on Ultraseven’s forehead, causing a green ray to fire out of it.

Baltan flipped out of the way, allowing Seven to roll back to his feet and call back the Eye Slugger. Quickly advancing on the alien, Ultraseven performed a downward cleave with his weapon, but Baltan created a sacrificial shell to take the attack in its place and countered with a right jab. Seven slapped the pincer away with his left hand, delivered a backhand chop, but the alien hopped out of the way of the upward swipe with the Eye Slugger and sent the Ultra flying into a building with a concussive blast, followed by another to bring the structure down.

Baltan watched the building collapse with the same level of apathy as always until the last brick fell. When Ultraseven showed no signs of rising again, the alien tilted its head in a faint imitation of a shrug and turned away. Suddenly an explosion drew its attention back to the rubble only for its vision to go black. Kneeling some distance behind Baltan was Ultraseven holding the Eye Slugger in a reverse grip, having just cut the alien’s eyes in half. Baltan’s pained laugh sounded like a malfunctioning speaker.

Seven turned back to face his blinded enemy while stowing the Eye Slugger, then began drawing in solar energy to his shoulder armor.

“Let's finish this! WIDE SHOT!” Sunset threw Seven’s arms into a ‘L’ shape, firing a shimmering gold ray at Baltan, completely destroying the alien.

“And stay down!” she continued as she changed back, “Hey, what do you know, I beat it. I guess this will be easier than I thought.”

“AS IF!” A far crueler version of Sunset’s own voice mocked. Sunset snapped around to find an insanely grinning version of herself glaring back at her. “Though clearly a lack of action has done nothing to impair your abilities.”

Sunset glared at her double, “And it looks like you finally decided to stop hiding, Fall.”

“Oh, I wasn’t hiding. I was observing.”

“More like spying.”

“Call it what you will, but I’ve been studying the way you fight. You’ve gotten stronger, more skilled, and more experienced. Good to know that my host isn’t a weakling. Too bad you just had to be a hero.”

“Still on about getting back into my head, huh? Well that’s too damn bad, you’re not getting in,” Sunset threatened while brandishing the Ginga Spark.

“You know, you should really go check up on those friends of yours. You never know what kind of trouble they might get into.”

“What did you do?”

“Nothing. But I’ve made some new friends too.”

“Hahahahahaw!” An unmistakable laugh echoed across Sunset’s ears.

“What-!” She said snapping around to find Baltan perfectly fine, holding her friends at pincer point. “What the fu-!? Then what the hell have I been fighting this whole time!?”

“Oh, you were fighting Baltan. My bug eyed assistant there is able to duplicate itself. But it’s also not one of the friends I mentioned,” Fall sneeringly explained, then looked off to her right and put two fingers to her mouth and whistled, “Come on out, girls!”

“We’re not your damn dogs, BITCH!” It was a voice that the entire Gang hadn’t heard since the Battle of the Bands.

“No way,” Sunset said with disbelief.

Emerging from an until now unnoticed trashy van was the unmistakable orange curls of Adagio Dazzle.

“Wait, why am I surprised? Of course she would bring you on board,” Sunset said with a sarcastic eye roll.

“And not just her,” Fall added.

Sure enough, the rest of the would-be world conquering pop group known as the Dazzlings stepped out and stood with their leader.

*////*

“Oh great, she has the full set,” Rainbow quietly snarked to the remaining Gang.

Before the Anon-A-Miss fiasco, Pinkie may have laughed at that, but she had promised her friends that she would be more mindful of others; and as such, giving the raging she-demon an excuse to order her pet robot to kill them was a pretty bad idea. Fortunately, Taro’s stories painted Baltan aliens as beings of pure logic, and if she was exceptional at one thing, it was being illogical.

My Pinkie sense isn’t acting up, so we should be clear, I gotta work quick,’ Pinkie thought while subtly reaching into her hair.

“What do we do?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t worry, dear,” Rarity replied, “When Fall spoke to us through our sisters, she said that she wanted to get back into Sunset’s body, and she can't do that if Sunset’s dead. She also needs to defeat Ginga, so she needs the Dazzlings to fight him. With any luck, she’s arrogant enough to make us watch, giving us time to figure a way out of this.”

“That’s not very comforting,” Twilight countered.

“You’re right, it's not, but we don’t have any other option,” Wallflower whispered while watching Sunset’s unpleasant reunion.

*////*

“I take it that you all still hold what happened at the Battle of the Bands against us?” Sunset asked, already knowing the answer.

Aria’s snarl could melt steel with the sheer rage it conveyed, “What do you think, you goodie two shoes bitch!”

“Sheesh, touchy. Listen to me, whatever you think you’re going to get out of this, stop thinking about it, because you’re not getting it,” Sunset attempted to explain.

“Oh, why? Cause you’re gonna stop us?” Sonata sarcastically asked.

“No, because even if you win, you won’t be able to enjoy it.”

“Save the cryptic bullshit! You stole our very identities as sirens from us, and you’re not getting away with that,” Adagio retorted.

“You don’t get it, do you? Lugiel isn’t interested in granting your wishes. He wants the complete destruction of existence itself,” Sunset pleaded but she was ignored.

Sonata opened her mouth to speak, but whatever denial she had died when Adagio cut her off by saying, “Oh I know, but at least I will go out with the satisfaction of taking you out first.”

“Wait, WHAT!? SHE’S TELLING THE TRUTH!?” Sonata shrieked with shock.

“Oh come on! You had to suspect that there was some kind of catch!” Aria snapped, “And besides, you were just as on board as we were back during the pitch meeting!”

“THAT WAS BEFORE I SAW THE PRINT THAT SAID ‘BY THE WAY, SIGNING THIS MEANS YOU AGREE TO DIE!”

“Argh, why does it matter!? Why would you want to live in this songless existence anyway!?”

“BECAUSE I HAVE A SENSE OF SELF PRESERVATION YOU SELF-DESTRUCTIVE BIMBO!”

Watching this dangerous situation devolve into some kind of lame comedy act, Sunset felt fairly certain that if she were in an anime, she would have a sweat drop right now. Fall wasn’t faring much better what with her twitching eye showing barely contained rage at her underlings undermining her attempts at being dramatic. To be fair, though, Sunset sympathized with Sonata. Going by what she had heard, Sonata had only just discovered that her… Sunset blinked. Did she seriously get distracted by the semantics of what exactly the Dazzlings’ relation to each other was? Anyway, Sonata had joined her… companions, in a revenge plot only to discover that they had dragged her into a suicide pact that she wanted no part of but was now stuck in.

“HEY!” Fall suddenly barked, looking past Sunset at Baltan. “GET HER HAND OUT OF HER HAIR!”

The alien flinched like it was confusedly blinking, slightly looked down at Pinkie, then back at Fall with a head tilt that said, “Why?”

BANG!

Pinkie’s hair exploded, sending a massive white gooey mess of what may have been icing or whipped cream - Sunset wasn’t sure - directly into Baltan’s face. Going by the way the alien was currently flailing, its pincers weren’t very useful for wiping its face.

Floating out from the Gang’s former hiding place was Lightning Dust, followed by Taro.

“Excellent work Miss Pie,” he complimented earning a bashful smile from the girl in question, “Now gather up everyone!”

The Gang clustered close to the floating toy as a cry echoed through the street:

ULTRA TELEPORTATION!

In a flash of light, the Gang minus Sunset disappeared before Baltan could clear its vision.

Fall, for her part, could only stare at where the group was while emitting a strangled high-pitched squealing sound from the back of her throat.

“Whoops,” Sunset said smugly, “Looks like you fell off your high ground. Meaning there’s nothing you can threaten me with. Now are we going to stand around, or are we gonna fight?”

Fall’s face slowly morphed from shock to sheer frothing rage. She then took a deep breath, a very, very deep breath, to centre herself. No, she couldn’t let herself give Sunset the satisfaction of rising to her taunts.

“So, you decided to take your friends off the board. Was that a good idea, though? Now you’re all alone, Fall pointed out.

“Here’s the thing, Fall. I’m never alone,” Sunset said while gripping the Ginga Spark.

“Of course not. But then that’s why I brought the Dazzlings,” Fall turned to the Sirens. “Deal with her. Baltan, get me out of here.”

The still sticky alien blindly fumbled its way over to its commander and touched its pincer to her as they teleported away. Adagio, meanwhile, with a manic grin pulled out her Dark Dummy Spark, prompting her… cohorts to do the same. Sunset did note that Sonata seemed more hesitant than the others.

“Well, you heard her Sunset. It’s time for the Sirens to rise again!” Adagio declared drawing a Spark Doll.

“Aw shut up you over-dramatic self-destructive bimbo,” Sunset dismissed while pulling out another Spark Doll.

All at once, the girls activated their Spark Dolls.

DARK LIVE!

CAMEARRA!

HUDRA!

DARRAMB!

ULTRA LIVE! ULTRAMAN TIGA!

Author's Note:

And so, it begins again.