• Published 12th Nov 2019
  • 754 Views, 3 Comments

Shades of Other Realities - Seluxity



Hero has a chance to start a new life

  • ...
2
 3
 754

Chapter VIII. Canterlot

It was time to put the plan into action. Twilight and the rest of the girls had almost everything planned out. Nothing seemed too simple, but it was doable. The main thing is to maintain the legend for the first time. What's next? Then, I'm sure, everything will clear up on its own. It only takes time. And I think there will be enough time. Moreover, it is unlikely that we will have to solve any global problems in the next year and a half. I mean, of course, entering a higher education institution. I still have two whole years of school, because all twelve years are here, not eleven. So I could feel like a carefree young man again. I never even dreamed of it before.

My thoughts were about how soon I could get used to this world. Will it be difficult at first, will everything seem too strange for me, or nothing like that? Perhaps I am already used to all this, even in my own world, and the adaptation will be quick. To me, the second option seemed much closer to the truth. Especially when there are such good friends around. People so close to me. You can think about this for a very long time. There is always time for reflection. Perhaps one day I will write a book about a man who has fallen into another world. Or make a movie about it. I'll probably be thirty or more. I will be a grown man, and I will have my own family. I will remember my teenage and youth years with warmth in my heart. With a sense of deep nostalgia, but not sad, but joyful and happy.

One day that day will come. And I believe it. I can't help but believe it.

At first, we planned to buy me a suitcase and clothes. I could have flaunted my old Big Mac clothes as much as I wanted and not have said a word against it, but it still felt awkward. Moreover, I needed different clothes. Walking around in the same clothes is not the most attractive prospect, as far as I'm concerned. My mother would have killed me for that.

"I know a great sports store," Rainbow Dash said cheerfully as we left the Apple' house. "You can find a good bag or suitcase there."

"And we can pick up your clothes at my boutique," Rarity added happily.

The fact that pony Rarity from Equestria has its own boutique, not even one, is not surprising. She's a grown-up pony, after all. But a local Rarity who hasn't finished high school yet?

"How old are you?" I asked the girl.

"Sixteen."

"And you have your own clothing boutique?"

"Well, technically, it's not mine. It belongs to my father. But I'm the one who runs it. So you can call it my boutique."

Rarity smiled at me.

Why didn't I think of it? I was even a little ashamed.

"Clearly."

Another smile. Rarity gave me a warm look that confused me a little. No one in my world has ever looked at me like that. At least, I didn't notice. If I did, I'd be surprised. This is a very unusual situation.

"It must be pretty cool to run an entire fashion boutique," I said, smiling back at her.

For a moment, I thought Rarity looked confused. I wonder if I'm the one who embarrassed her. Okay, she's mine, but I'm hers?

"We'll find the best for you."

"I didn't doubt it for a second."

And yet, for a moment, the girl was confused. I was sure of it. But after a moment, Rarity's handsome face lost all trace of embarrassment. I guess if I'd asked her, she wouldn't have admitted it.

"Where do we start?" Pinkie Pie asked cheerfully.

"It would be logical to start with the suitcase," Twilight said.

"It is logical," said Pinky.

Start with a sports store. Who is who, but rainbow dash should understand such things. An athlete, after all.

***

I knew I would be here again, at the Apple farm. But now we need to go to the city. There I will continue my journey.

The curiosity of everyone who finds himself in a new environment did not pass me by. For girls, this world was home, but for me it was a completely new reality.

I have seen a lot and know a lot about this place, but all my knowledge, in fact, is insignificant compared to what I have not yet seen and what I do not know. I will discover something new for myself every day. And my first discoveries so far have brought only pleasant emotions. What will the next ones be? I'll try everything.

"How are we going to get to the store?" I asked.

"It's a small town," Rainbow Dash said. "Moreover, the farm is located near the city limits."

The city buildings were clearly visible from here. The farm was indeed close to the city limits.

"How do you usually get to school?" I asked Applejack.

"On foot, sometimes by bicycle, when you need to hurry."

If I had arrived at my school on a Bicycle, our security guard would have decided to use his unquestionable authority among students and send me back. It would be very useful to him.

"It must be nice to ride a bike in the morning."

Applejack nodded my head in response.

I took another look at the Apple farm, looked around, and enjoyed the view. Now, after all this, you can start your journey to the city. The life of an exchange student begins right here and right now.

***

We left the farm and walked toward the city along the highway, which turned off near the farm and went away into the fields. Somewhere there were hills, forests, and beyond them mountains. The road was rolled to the East, our route lay to the North-West.

It wasn't a long walk. No more than fifteen minutes, I thought. I couldn't check the time, since I didn't have my watch or cell phone with me.

Mobile phone. That's what we didn't think of. I need it. I left mine at home. So we need a new one. I didn't say it out loud yet. First, let's deal with more pressing issues. If I may say so.

Cars passed us. Some entered the city, others left it. The sidewalk was very convenient, and it was convenient both to walk and ride a Bicycle. It was a wonderful picture.

The countryside has been changing in the city. As I entered the city, I realized that canterlot (as it was called) was not as small as I had thought. No, it was a fairly decent city with a sizeable population. But my city, of course, was much larger. But unless the size is always a plus? King's Landing, for example, is home to about a million people.

We passed residential buildings. Somewhere nearby there was a School in Canterlot. Soon I will see her with my own eyes. I can enter the courtyard, I'll be inside. This will be a very exciting moment. I'm looking forward to it. Will I remember my old school with warmth and nostalgia? Or it will be a page of my life that I will gladly turn over and forget.

Looks like the first option. I will remember with warmth, remember teachers, classmates, among whom I did not have a single real friend, but who were close to me. Will they remember me? If so, how will I remain in their memories? This question would be relevant even if I didn't get here. After all, graduation was only a month and a half away. Would they want to see me again? They have never felt as alone as I do. Who am I to them anyway? A strange, shy and self-contained classmate who even left the group chat?

A person who preferred to listen to music without paying attention to anyone or read a book during recess to communicate with his classmates. I'd like to talk to one of them. But I couldn't make up my mind. That's the way I am. I wasn't born that way, but I became that way. And my Hobbies are reflections of my inner world and my state.

Cars raced along the roadway, and the street was crowded. At this hour, it's almost noon. Each person is a separate universe with its own internal laws of physics, which can work very differently in other universes. Each of them was going somewhere, each had a specific goal. There must have been someone like me among them.

Houses with a fence, lawn and garage. I've seen them in movies. Well, I guess whatever I see in this city, I can say I've seen something similar in the movies. We'll have to find out where they have a movie theater here.

While we were walking, the idea occurred to me to find out about the date. I knew the year and month, but not the day.

"What's the date today?" I asked the question.

"August nineteenth," said Sunset Shimmer.

I tried to remember what day of the week it was, but I couldn't remember it right away, so I had to ask that, too.

"Day of the week?"

"Sunday."

Sunday, the nineteenth. Now I was trying to figure out what day of the week the new school year would start on.

Saturday. The first of September is Saturday. The first of September, two thousand and seventeen, changed my life in my world. Oddly enough, I come back to this.

I looked around curiously, studying the city of Canterlot. The residential buildings on our right and left were replaced by cafes, hairdressers, various shops and boutiques. Signs designed to attract potential customers. Carts with hot dogs and sweet popcorn. Wide streets where cars raced, lights that illuminated the city at night. Nothing out of the ordinary, it seemed, but there was something magical about this place. Something magical and fascinating.

The sun shone brightly in a clear blue sky. From its position, it was clear that we were in the Northern hemisphere, in a temperate climate zone, most likely.

Life seethed and swirled around them. It was the first time I'd noticed it in a long time. I smiled at the passers-by. I felt like I was part of this world, and it was beautiful. I walked along the sidewalk, my best friends walking beside me. There are so many different places I want to visit.

Invite your friends to the movies. Go to the planetarium with Twilight. Go shopping with Rarity. Help animals in a shelter with Fluttershy. Go with rainbow dash to the stadium, to the candy store with Pinky. Help Applejack on the farm.

What about Sunset Shimmer? I imagined her and me walking in the Park in the evening. It's cool and there aren't many people around. The wind rustles in the trees. We sit down on a bench and look up. And there are myriads of stars. Thousands of flickering points - distant and unknown worlds. They join in fancy patterns, dance in an amazing cosmic dance. Their light is reflected in our eyes. In her eyes reflected the whole galaxy. In insanely beautiful green eyes. I see this light. I see her charming smile.

Yes, that's what I want.

As we walked down the street, I tried to catch as much of it as I could. Business buildings were located closer to the city center.

We passed a music store window where I saw a beautiful blue electric guitar. Buying an electric guitar has been my dream ever since I picked up a guitar. I winked at the instrument, as if to let it know that one day I would take it for myself. I wonder if the guitar will wait for me. In any case, I will meet with her.

Soon we reached the sports store. It was called "All for sport". Yes, the one who came up with the name, clearly not the most imaginative. However, the name is not the most important thing, right?

We went inside. It was a typical sporting goods store, such as every city has. Everything for sports, it's true. Sportswear, various accessories. Barbells, balls for various sports. Rackets and shuttlecocks, even swords. In General, everything that your athletic soul only wants. If you wish, you will find anything. By the way, this could be a good slogan. You will need to contact the owner and share the idea with them. Maybe he'll appreciate it.

Wide product departments, each with several people. Several kids, who looked to be about ten years old, were examining one of the soccer balls for what might have been a purchase. Or maybe they just stared. How many of us didn't stop by the store just to gawp? I'm sure everyone has done it at least once. Especially when you are a child or a teenager and you do not have much money.

We entered the department of bags and backpacks. There were also suitcases of various sizes.

"What do suitcases do in a sports store?" I asked Dash.

"Like what? When an athlete goes somewhere to compete, where does he put his things?"

"Probably in a bag or suitcase."

"You don't know anything about sports?"

"I have been interested in football for several years. I'm good at it."

"You play?"

"Playing? No, just looking and..."

"You're not playing yet," Rainbow interrupted. "When you get into Canterlot School, you'll play right away."

The girl winked, and I made a mock gesture with my hands.

"I'll put you on the gate and..."

"Dashie, are you scaring the newbies again?" a man's voice came from behind us.

I turned around. A young man of about sixteen or seventeen was standing in front of us. He was quite tall, about ten centimeters taller than me. And I, by the way, grew to a meter eighty.

"Hi," Rainbow Dash said.

"Hello, Rainbow. Hi, girls."

Then the guy looked at me.

"So you're newbie?"

"Yes," I said uncertainly. I always felt insecure in the company of strangers. Especially when they came to me. For a while now.

The young man held out his hand.

"My name is Long Shot."

"And my..." I shook his hand.

"Strange name. You don't sound like you're from around here."

"He's an exchange student. From Eastern Europe," Twilight Sparkle answered for me.

"Even so," he said, letting go of her hand. "Nice to meet you. And I'm, you know, like, the best athlete in school."

"Best sandwich eater since gym," Rainbow Dash said with a grin.

"And this, too," the guy laughed. "But, you know, I'll beat you in basketball."

"I'll play soccer with you."

"Well. I'll meet you at school. Unless, of course, you write to me first."

"Fuck you," Dash said, nudging the boy's shoulder.

"All right, I'll go. Don't bored."

With that, Long Shot left the Department and headed for the exit.

Rainbow Dash looked after him and said:

"I'll beat you at basketball, too!"

Applejack, standing next to her, grinned.

"The last time he did it, I think he did it to you."

"That was a long time ago."

"That was three months ago."

"Since then, I have improved my skill. I can't wait to meet him."

Her friends laughed, and Rainbow Dash rubbed her hands together.

Yes, interesting guy.

After a few more jokes from Applejack and rainbow dash, we went back to buying a suitcase. I suddenly realized that I had no money, so there was nothing to buy. As well as clothes, basically. I told the girls about it. Even if I had taken the purse with me, my money could not have been used here.

"Nothing," said Sunset Shimmer. "We have money. We prepared them in advance."

Well, I should be ashamed of myself again. No, I have to do something special for them.

"I'm so uncomfortable."

"Come on, it's all right."

Sunset smiled encouragingly. Well, I'll think about how to surprise the girls.

Ten minutes later, I selected a suitcase. Medium size and blue color. I thought it was pretty good. However, I felt rather strange with him. Probably because I've never used a suitcase before.

The seller took fifteen bits, which is the local currency. It seems that the price is quite acceptable. But I couldn't judge that, of course.

After buying a suitcase, we went to Rarity's boutique. It didn't take long to get there. He was nearby.

The boutique was called 'Carousel'. Even though I knew it. It was quite spacious inside. Cozy and a lot of clothes. Including men's.

"Welcome to the Carousel boutique!" Rarity announced cheerfully as we entered. A few customers glanced in our direction, but then lost interest when they saw only a crowd of teenagers. Although one of them was actually the Manager of the store.

I looked around. It was a well-lit room where a variety of clothing was sold. There were fitting rooms, working staff who carefully made sure that customers were satisfied. And, for the most part, the Carousel boutique did not leave visitors disappointed. Although, of course, there were all sorts of people.

Everything here was arranged in the style of Rarity. The interior design of the room was pleasing to the eye.

"Started." Rarity's eyes narrowed in satisfaction.

The shopping took about half an hour. Rarity always showed me different clothes: trousers, jeans, trousers, t-shirts, shirts. I chose, and she advised me what should be more suitable for me.

In the end, I chose jeans, pants, a shirt, and a t-shirt. I also picked up a great leather jacket a La biker and sneakers.

"On the house," Rarity said.

"Thank you very much."

"You're welcome."

Suddenly, I hugged Rarity. And in front of everyone. It was an impulse. Unexpectedly for everyone, for me, for her, for the other girls.

"Thank you," I said again.

"Always... please," the girl said languidly, and also hugged me.

I let her out of my arms.

A large white clock hung on the wall of the boutique. They reported that it was one o'clock in the afternoon.

"Guys, know what, I already want to have lunch," Twilight Sparkle said.

No one seemed to mind going out for lunch right now. We left Rarity's boutique and went to a small cafeteria nearby. The day was Sunny, the weather clear, and the mood was excellent. We had fun walking and talking. I left my suitcase in Carousel.

I felt good. As good as I've ever been in my life. And even up to my complex, so to speak, of the period. I was just happy to be here, in the company of my favorite girls, and go to the cafeteria. Walk through the bright and wide streets of this wonderful town. There was an incredible lightness in my heart. It was as if I had just gotten rid of all my inner negativity.

Of course, there are many difficulties ahead of me. But there was no need to think about it right now. Now I just wanted to enjoy life. And I was good at it.

But how could it be otherwise with them, these girls from Equestria?