• Published 12th Nov 2019
  • 754 Views, 3 Comments

Shades of Other Realities - Seluxity



Hero has a chance to start a new life

  • ...
2
 3
 754

Chapter II. On the Other Side of Fantasy

Sometimes I had really good dreams. But that was before, when I must have been a child.

I wanted a Bicycle, but my parents were in no hurry to give it to me. And in the dream I was already cut on it, friends would look at me and also wanted. But they didn't have it. I was the only one with a bike. I rolled on, on and on, the wind in my face. He ruffled his hair. I was accelerating, going faster and faster every second, nothing could stop me. Here it is – the real ecstasy. Wild excitement seized me in my sleep, I did not want to Wake up. Never. However, in a dream you do not always realize that you are dreaming, and very often your dream seems to be a reality.

Your world becomes an endless road – you go on it, you do not want to stop. You want only to rush forward, towards a fresh wind, nothing in forces to keep you. And if something or someone tries, you'd like to see it. Watch the futile efforts. Here if only you and what you want. Something you could only dream of. A dream is like a beautiful fairy tale. A fairy tale that, as you think, still managed to find a way to come true.

But then you Wake up. In a dark and unremarkable room. You Wake up and in the agonizing fraction of a second you realize that everything you've seen is just a dream. A dream that had nothing to do with reality. Bicycle, road, wind and boundless joy-all this is not really there. It's not true. It's a beautiful, sweet lie that you believed for a second. I believed that something so incredible could somehow be part of real life and not your imagination.

A wave of sadness and regret washes over you. It is particularly strong in the first minute after you Wake up. Further becomes far as easier. You go back to bed, fall asleep, and the next morning, waking up completely, you can not even remember what is so fabulous and magical you saw in a dream and because of what was so sad.

The funny thing is, it happens all the time in our lives.


It's been a while since I've had such dreams. In recent times, it seems when I was sixteen years old. Yes, that was sixteen. Autumn, month of September, high school. The girl I was secretly in love with. Who hasn't been in love at sixteen?

I dreamed that I had finally confessed my feelings to her. I was able to Express all the things that have been lying on my heart for the last year. You know what that girl said to me? The trite thing is, she likes me, too.

And now we are together, we are a couple. All this happens instantly, in a matter of seconds, but in the world of dreams time goes differently than in the world of reality. Almost like 'Interstellar', only the opposite. So, those seconds seem like long hours and moments of intimacy with the one about whom you have long dreamed, stretch many times, as well as pleasure.

I, for some reason, remembered this dream. Probably because this dream was much brighter than all the other dreams about bicycles and other children's joys. And, perhaps, because I had a dream not so long ago, for I was sixteen not long ago. The memories are etched into my memory, and time has not had time to at least partially erase them. There simply wasn't enough time.

Then why am I talking about my childhood? I guess I'm just sure it was. It couldn't be any other way. I used to be like everyone else. It used to be wonderful, wonderful. Even at sixteen.

No, those sixteen are the best I've ever had. So many new feelings, emotions, sensations. All new, all life, full of wonderful moments, ahead. It was not so much time, relatively little, and everything was the opposite. Human life, strange and sometimes inexplicable. Full of questions and riddles.

Yeah, my sixteen is the best I've ever had. Maybe it's not, but that's what I remember.


We went through the tunnel. It seems to have taken seconds in time. A few seconds, no more. A fantastic door, Twilight Sparkle in wide-rimmed glasses and a white Professor's or doctor's gown, holding out her hand. She said then, "We are here for you. Come with us.» And I followed her. Behind them. I went without hesitation, rejecting all doubts about the correctness of what I was doing. Went, for knew, that so and need to. I knew it was the right thing to do in my life. I couldn't regret it. I knew all this, I was sure, as I had never been so sure of anything before.

Twilight and I walked down the interspatial corridor, hand in hand. The way she came out of it into my room. Later, I'll compare it to an episode from the two season of Gravity Falls, when Stanford Pines, the twin brother of Stanley, the owner of the Wonder Cabin, emerged from the portal.


Once out of the portal, I found myself in a fairly spacious room, which looked like, in General, a typical scientific laboratory. Twilight and I left at the same time. I turned around. The entrance to the portal had an oval shape and was somewhat flattened on the sides. However, this, as I think, is not the most important. A green-and-white mass of energy, that was what the tunnel entrance was. Here, however, he did not look as he did from my side. I compared it to the portals in Rick and Morty. Now, he looked like a cartoon, really cartoon. And not just him. Everything looked cartoon, drawn. It was like being in a cartoon. And apparently it did.

I looked down at my hands and was startled. They were pale blue now, as I think my whole body was. The body itself has also undergone a significant metamorphosis. It looked as if it had been painted. Like the characters from "Friendship is Magic" and "Equestria Girls."

Another world, another reality, another dimension, different from mine. From the one I've lived in all my life. Other universe. Surely, it is beyond the one in which there is our planet Earth. So many questions, no answers yet, but this is for now. I have many questions to ask. Twilight is very smart, she will explain everything to me and tell me everything.

I pushed my thoughts away to focus specifically on what was in front of me. Yes, it was a laboratory. I saw what looked like a control panel. We stood on a small springboard, which towered literally half a meter above the floor. Twilight Sparkle and I went down it.

I was amazed. The tears had dried on my cheeks, I was no longer crying, I was rejoicing. I felt a sense of real elation. Like a child dreaming of a Bicycle finally gets it from his parents as a gift for his birthday, like a teenager confessing his love and being rewarded for it in return. Yes, like all of the above, but only a hundred times stronger. Something incomprehensible, something amazing. Something so beautiful that I have no words to describe.

When I was on the floor, I saw someone coming toward us. Other girl. Not in white robes like Twilight Sparkle. I recognized each one at once. There were six of them. My favorite cartoons character are Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Sunset Shimmer. Characters from the "Equestria Girls".

I couldn't say a word when I saw them. To say I was shocked is to say absolutely nothing. It was such a shock. Some fifteen minutes ago I was sitting at my Desk watching a movie, not even suspecting what would happen in a quarter of an hour.

I was speechless at the sight of the girls. What could I say? And do we need any words here? Imagine that you have not seen your close friend for a long time. A year, say. Or even more. Here you are standing at the airport, waiting for him and finally see. There he stands, with the bag as you remember it. Your best friend in the world. Can you imagine the joy with which you would have met him, rushed to meet him, opening his arms? Now, I experienced about the same thing. Only multiplied many times. It's hard to imagine what I've been through. But I felt it. Felt every part of the body this sweet moment. It seems to have lasted a very long time. But those moments are supposed to last, right?

The heat was all over me, all over me. The heat of feeling, the great, colossal joy, mingled with the feeling of disbelief. No, how can you believe something like that? I must be dreaming or going crazy. Or gone. Yeah, I guess it is, I'm already crazy, I am...

Fluttershy took the first step toward me. I'd bet on anyone but her. But it was her, Flutty. She came to me as I stood there, trying to decide if I believed what was happening or not. She came and hugged him. I shivered. Heat. Warm embrace. Warm and gentle, like a soft blanket in winter. You know, when you get up in the morning for school or work, you look out the window, there's a real Blizzard raging. You have somewhere to go, it's cold, wet, and then warm and dry.

And then you realize that today is a day off and you do not need to go anywhere. A delightful feeling. You go back to bed. It's soft. It's warm. You wrap yourself up to your neck in the bed, turn to one side. You close your eyes and fall asleep. Incredible pleasure. You can at the same time squeeze a pillow or a plush toy in your arms. I squeeze the pillow. I hug her tightly and imagine that this is one of my favorite heroines. The dakimakura I was not always the case. It used to be just a long soft pillow. I couldn't sleep without her.

From the time I was fourteen, when I started doing it. Since I was fourteen, I haven't slept without my favorite pillow. Without sweet fantasies, without the wonderful air of dreams. Many years.

Fluttershy's Arms. Something incredible. It was as if she were making it clear that what was happening to me here was not a hallucination. All this is true. This touch to be not real. Too nice. Too gentle and warm. Too sweet. Words are not enough to continue this list. Delightfully.

She gave me a hug. Now I knew it was real. I hugged her back.

"Everything's gonna be okay," Fluttershy said. "We are here."

They spoke English. As and I. I already wrote, that perfectly speak language. I worked with carriers from different countries: South Africa, USA, UK, New Zealand, even with a carrier from India, although for a couple of years I did not understand exactly what he was trying to convey to me.

"It's okay," She repeated in English.

As if she knew how I felt. I knew exactly what I needed to say to calm me down. Like she knew everything about me.

It might be that.

With that, she walked away from me, leaving me to the other girls. Each of them.

Rarity first. As always, she looked wonderful. Insanely good, insanely beautiful. How could it have been any different with her? Fashion is a way to start showing what's in your heart.

Always true to herself. And that's fine.

"Are you... honey," - she said.

Me? Honey? Why would she think that? I knew them all very well, just fine. Cartoons, books, comics, arts. I absorbed everything in myself, it created a feeling of something incredible. It was my personal drug. The drug, the struggle with which initially devoid of any sense and make a fool of yourself, trying to resist-a trifling matter, in fact. If it's a drug, it's at least the best in the world. In my world, to be exact. There's something much better here in this universe.

They seemed to know a lot about me, too. But how? Was it not only I who had watched them all these years, but they who had watched me? So we've been in touch for a long time, but I didn't suspected it.

Rainbow Dash. Always cool. Awesome as I wanna be, right? As the slogan of life.

Applejack. My dear farmer. The hat is with her, as an integral part of it. Like captain Jack Sparrow's compass, like Silent Bob's cap.

Pinkie Pie. My pink beauty.

Twilight Sparkle. My sweet nerd.

Sunset Shimmer. Last.

"We've been waiting for you," she said.

Waiting for? Were they waiting for me? Someone has to explain everything to me. But answers are not the most important thing. The main thing is that finally convinced that this is reality. A beautiful, enchanting reality. Better than any dream. Any number of times better.

The portal behind us disappeared. I was surrounded by my favorite heroines. How do they know so much about me? How was the portal built and why did my body change and become cartoon too? This, among other things, travel between dimensions! Fantastic, but true.

I wanted to ask them so many questions. But for the moment I was enjoying myself. I enjoyed what he could not imagine. I've imagined this scene countless times, but when it actually happened, I realized that no fantasy can compare to it. Madness and love. I was feverish, feverish. So many feelings, so many emotions! It's ecstasy. The most real ecstasy. Bewitching magic. They are with me, they are near. I don't need anything else.

Nothing.