• Published 12th Nov 2019
  • 754 Views, 3 Comments

Shades of Other Realities - Seluxity



Hero has a chance to start a new life

  • ...
2
 3
 754

Chapter VI. Beginning

I had a dream. A school bus full of students drove into the woods for some reason. I've never been on a school bus in my life, but I've seen enough movies and TV shows. In my country, there are quite a few buses in such good condition. Many are old, battered by time, others are not so old, but still quite worn out. The bus I was dreaming of was new and, accordingly, in very good condition. Like it was his first flight.

I think it was yellow, but I'm not quite sure. In General, in a dream, there is little you can be sure of until the end. Everything was dark and indistinct, but I was sure that the bus was in perfect condition. I don't know why, but I remember this particular detail more than any other.

I was sitting inside, no one was sitting next to me. The bus was Packed with students. They were my classmates. I only once went somewhere with my classmates on the bus. End of tenth grade, April. We were taken to the Botanical garden for a tour. It was warm and Sunny. In a word, the weather is wonderful. I was in love with my classmate at the time. Her name was Alice. Fortunately, we didn't succeed. Why fortunately? I guess someone like me couldn't be a good guy for someone like her. I didn't even know how to talk to her. I didn't know how to say Hello. No, of course I knew what words to say when greeting. I didn't know how to pronounce them, with what intonation. How to approach it better. That's probably why I never spoke to her. It's for the best. I don't regret it at all now.

So, I dreamed of a trip with classmates on the bus. But a very strange trip. Into the forest.

Why the woods? And, it seems, in the thicket. It's dark and damp. And anyway, at the mere sight of the glass window I want to chill and turn away to not watch.

But this is a dream, and there are all sorts of things in a dream. Anything can happen. But, most interestingly, in a dream, we believe in the reality of what is happening. Any fantastic images seem real to us and exist in our daily life. Or at least have the right to exist.

The bus was stuck between the trees. Not only, it was raining from the sky. The strange phantasmagoria of my dream was gaining momentum. It seems as if everything that happens comes from the pen of some writer who decided to write a mystical horror with teenagers in the woods. Almost like in the movie "Cabin in the woods." A banal story like this, but preparing to present a surprise. When you don't expect it at all.

The bus stopped in the middle of a dark forest, it was raining, but that's not all. Some strange shadows peeked out from behind the trees. Strange phantoms, which, in theory, was supposed to cause fear. I didn't see the reaction of my classmates to this. Most likely, it simply did not exist, because my dream and their actions are not provided for in it. They are there as scenery around me, but not as actors.

I wasn't scared. There were more and more shadows, but I was not afraid. On the contrary, I was filled with curiosity. Wanting to know what's going on. Who are they and what do they want from us? What they want from me.

I got off the bus for the sole purpose of finding out, finding out why they were here. And, perhaps, why am I here. Questions that require answers.

I passed silent people, their faces hidden from me by shadows, so that there was no way to see them. But I didn't have to. I felt. And these feelings were far more reliable than vision, which can sometimes deceive. Yes, and it happens, I knew it.

It seems cool outside. It should be, at least, but I'm not sure.

Strange shadows surrounded our bus from all sides, you could say, took it in a ring. They were still just peeking out from behind the trunks, but they didn't come out. I was very curious. I wanted to know the truth, to get it from them. But what will they say? And can they even speak?

I was getting closer to them, the shadows, but they, on the contrary, were moving away from me with every step I took. It was very strange. Like some kind of optical illusion. They disappeared and reappeared, but they were already far from the bus. Yes, they were certainly not to be feared. They are unlikely to cause any harm. Rather, they were afraid of me.

Finally, realizing that I couldn't catch up with them and ask them my strange questions, I turned around and headed back to the bus.

I went inside, but it was empty. There's no one left on this bus. I all alone. They all disappeared, leaving me here all alone. I probably shouldn't have gotten off the bus. Then, you see, no one would have disappeared. But I can't go back in time. Even in his dream, it was impossible.

I all alone.

The alarm clock was ringing, bursting. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to crawl out of bed and go somewhere. In General, I did not miss school, but now it seemed to me that today is Sunday, you do not need to go anywhere, and the alarm clock is ringing by mistake and in vain to try to raise me.

What do we say to school? Not today.

Finally, the alarm stopped screaming. I didn't even open my eyes until it rang.

It's Sunday, you can sleep. Sunday, you don't need to go to school.

I curled up and went back to sleep. This time my sleep was very short.

In fact, I slept for another half hour, and then I realized that something was keeping me awake. Light. Bright sunlight, this room was too bright. I turned around for about five minutes, and then I realized that it would be better for me to get out of bed. Yes, there will be more time to do business. And I have a lot of these things to do. Whichever way you look at it, there are some advantages.

I opened my eyes and got out of bed. But then I saw that something was wrong. This is not my room. I was somewhere else. What am I doing here? How did I get here?

I jerked out of bed and found that I was not even on the bed, but in a sleeping bag. Besides, I slept in my clothes. It was only when I got to my feet that I remembered what had happened that night.

Scenes flashed through my head like a movie on a scroll. Everything, from beginning to end. From the moment I put the movie 'Rock and roll' on pause to go to the kitchen, to the moment when I went to sleep in the Applejack room. I thought again that it would be nice to watch that movie.

In fact, there was something else to think about.

There were clothes on a chair near the window. They were ordinary jeans, the kind all teenagers wear, and an ordinary red t-shirt with a picture of a bitten white apple. The image reminded me of the Apple logo. I smiled, noting the resemblance.

And in General, the mood was wonderful. I went to the window, stretched, and looked out. The sun was already high enough over the hills to illuminate the Applejack family's beautiful apple orchard. I replayed the events of the previous night over and over again.

The wonderful view was pleasing to the eye. But not just outside. Inside, a local John Denver was looking at me from a poster, along with an Applejack bass guitar. And there are framed photos on the table.

I took the one with Applejack and her friends on the beach. The photo showed everyone: Pinkie, Fluttershy, Sunset, Rarity, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash. Where the blue waves lapped the shore behind them. The camera caught a Seagull flying in the background.

Either someone was photographing them, or it was a camera mounted on a drone. Twilight is well versed in these matters.

I held the photo closer to my face and resisted the urge to kiss it. I think my cheeks were flushed at that moment, and probably as red as boiled crayfish. It was a good thing that no one could see me at that moment.

If earlier I felt like a person who was tired of life and was on the threshold of 'cutting along, not across', as Lena taught, now I, for the first time in several long months, felt like a full-strength sixteen-seventeen-year-old teenager. The feeling is actually great.

I stood at the open window, enjoying the fresh air and admiring the framed photo for about five minutes, I didn't know for sure. I didn't bring my phone. It stayed on my bed and charged up after a hard day of games and social media during lessons.

Then I decided it was time to go down. There were clothes on the chair. I suppose Applejack could have worn it, but I knew it was reserved for me. It's true that it's not comme Il faut to wear old house clothes.

I pulled off my clothes, pants, and blue t-shirt, and put on the clothes I'd left behind. I pulled on jeans that were just right for me, and a t-shirt with a white apple on it. I wonder if Apple has absolutely everything with an image of an apple or not?

After changing, I moved away from the window and looked at the Denver poster.


"How do I look?" I spread my hands, looking at the musician. "Almost heaven, West Virginia. Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River."

If I had a mirror, I would have looked at it. Even though it wasn't there, I was convinced that I looked pretty good. Just like a cowboy. A hat and a good pair of revolvers. And then you can ride a fast horse.

One day I will write a Western novel about a brave man on a gray Mustang, riding in the setting sun. And if this book is ever filmed, a beautiful country-style solo will play in the background.

"Life is old there, older than the trees. Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze," I sang, and went to the first floor. I left my clothes in the same place where the new one was waiting for me.

The smell of fried eggs wafted from the kitchen. I smelled this delicious scent on the stairs. Everyone seems to have had breakfast, and I'm the only one left. Well, of course, they went up on the alarm clock, and lay for another thirty minutes, probably.

I remembered exactly where their kitchen was located, plus the smell of a good Breakfast led me like Ariadne's thread. At this point I woke up in the appetite.

In the kitchen, I found sunset shimmer standing at the stove, and at the table were Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Fluttershy.

"Good morning," Rarity said when she saw me.

"Good..." I paused for a moment. I was suddenly very uncomfortable. How do I deal with them? How to talk? Like we're good friends or something? Stupid doubts, but I wouldn't be myself without them.

"How did you rest?" Twilight was writing something down in her thick notebook. The girl is a scientist, after all, a future Nobel prize winner, if there is something like this in this world. At that moment, she raised her head and looked at me with a smile.

"Not bad."

I sat down in the empty seat that had been prepared for me, for there was a clean plate and fork.

Sunset Shimmer turned to me.

"Hi, Sunset."

I also said hi to Fluttershy.

"What do you prefer for breakfast?" Sunset asked, a little playfully. "Scrambled eggs or a slice of apple pie."

I liked pies, and generally considered myself a sweet tooth, but I didn't want to start the day with pies right away.

"Scrambled eggs."

"And if you'd chosen a pie, you'd still be eating scrambled eggs, because I fried them just for you," Sunset said, lifting the pan to the table and dumping its delicious contents onto her plate. At that moment, to be honest, I was madly embarrassed. So much work for me? I had to do something in response.

I looked at Sunset Shimmer and smiled awkwardly.

"What's the matter?" she looked at me knowingly.

"You know, I like it... it's awkward. First the clothes, now the food. And all that. For me. What can I do for you?"

"We have a lot of time ahead of us. There's something you can do for us."

"Your wishes are my law, my lady," I blurted out suddenly, and hurriedly buried my face in my plate. I probably shouldn't have said that.

"Noted, sir. Now eat. Bon appetit."

I enjoyed the scrambled eggs. It was very tasty and there was a lot of it. Soon Sunset set down a mug of tea.

I enjoyed eating Sunset Shimmer's Breakfast. And I didn't forget to drink it. Soon my plate was empty and my stomach was full.

"Very good," I said when I had finished my Breakfast. "I'll wash the dishes."

"Don't worry, I'll do it myself."

"Leave it to me. It's going to be awkward for me."

"Okay, I did."

I took my plate and mug to the sink and washed them. The surface of the dishes glistened like new. I tried. I usually didn't like to wash dishes, even though I had to, you know. But for the sake of Sunset and all the girls, I was happy to do it.

When I finished washing, I went back to my seat and looked at Twilight Sparkle. She understood at once.

"I suppose you want to discuss the next course of action, don't you?" the girl's eyes narrowed slightly.

"Yes, I think it's time."

"Let's move to the living room for that." And we need to call the others. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie in the yard.

"Oh, I'll go get them."

"I'm with you," I said, and we walked out of the house into the yard.

"It suits you very well, by the way," Rarity said, alluding to my appearance.

If the recognized fashion designer of all Equestria recognized this, then I really looked good. I was very pleased to hear such words from Rarity. I would have done a great deal for just her smile.

As I stepped out into the courtyard, I felt the warm summer air touch me. The courtyard was pleasing to the eye only by its appearance. I didn't like the village, and I hadn't visited my grandparents since I was twelve, when they finally stopped sending me there by force. When I was thirteen, I made it clear to my parents that I wasn't going to leave town for the holidays. My parents agreed with me. It's great when your parents agree with you. It's a pity that when you're a teenager, it doesn't always happen. More often there are disputes and even conflicts. And, because I was very self-contained and taciturn, it was even worse. I couldn't just say what I thought. I kept it to myself. And always.

I didn't like the village, but I would have liked to spend time on the Apple farm. It was just wonderful here. This is not a dilapidated post-Soviet village. Fifty kilometers from the city - and already it feels as if he was right in the Middle ages. Many, I think, will be familiar with this feeling.

Here, again, it was wonderful. Right eye rejoiced. The city nearby did not spoil the view, but, on the contrary, decorated it. I'll probably live in this town.

Pinkie stood in the middle of the yard, throwing the ball up and hitting it with her closed fists, like a real volleyball player. In Equestria, her pony version plays backball, a sport with a ball and basket. I wonder what the local Pinkie Pie likes to play? Probably, at all. Energy has to be put somewhere, and she has plenty of it.

"Hello, Pinkie!" I exclaimed.

The pink-haired girl turned, covered her eyes with her hand, and shouted:

"Good morning! How did you sleep? How are you doing? Are you all right?"

"Yes, Pinkie."

"Hey."

Pinkie Pie jumped up to us with Fluttershy, holding the ball under her arm. First she hugged Flutty, then she ran to me.

"Okay, Pinkie... Stop it, or you'll choke me," I said, laughing.

Pinkie let me go.

"Where are Rainbow and Applejack?" Fluttershy asked.

"Sort of like a chicken coop," Pinkie said cheerfully. "They drive chickens there. They're drive chickens," she repeated with a funny intonation.

"All right, thank you," I said.

"Why?"

"We need to discuss the next course of action," I practically quoted Twilight.

"Nicely."

"Yeah. In the meantime, we'll go get Applejack and Rainbow Dash."

That's what Fluttershy and I did.

At first, just as I was approaching the Apple farm, I didn't notice the chicken coop. Like a stable with stalls. But it was all there. The Applejack family, after all, is engaged in farming. And without chickens could not do. Homemade eggs are the most delicious and juicy. That's why sunset's scrambled eggs were so great. But not just because of the eggs. Also because Sunset is a real magician.

There was no need to look into the chicken coop; Rainbow and Applejack were standing by it, looking pleased. In the hands of a girl holding two egg-tray. Apparently, the fruits of their morning labor.

"Good morning," Rainbow Dash said first.

"Hi."

Applejack meant jeans and a t-shirt.

"Yeah. Thanks. By the way, whose is it?"

"It's Big Mac's old clothes. He wore it when he was your age. I immediately thought it would suit you. You have the same body Constitution as him. I mean, with a Big Mac your age."

I myself began to like these clothes more and more. I felt very comfortable in it. Moreover, this clothing was given to me by one of my favorite heroines, it was even pleasant to wear it.

"What, are we going to discuss what to do with you next?" Rainbow Dash winked at me.

Fluttershy nodded.

"Yes, something like that," I said. I mean, the living room.

The farmer girl turned to the barn.

"We'll take the eggs to the kitchen and be there."

"Okay."

The farmer girl and the sportswoman carried the eggs to the kitchen. They chatted on the way. It's probably good to have a good friend. Someone you can talk to heart-to-heart, someone who will listen to you and understand. I always dreamed of such a friend.

"Come on," I heard Fluttershy say softly.

"Go."

We entered the living room, where Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity were already sitting. They took their seats on the sofa. I sat down near Sunset and Twilight. Applejack and Rainbow Dash soon arrived. They were all together now.

"Well," Twilight said. "We can start."